The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-09 00:48:04

Cloak*

Greetings and Salutations, I come bearing questions.

Greetings.

I am Cloak*.

I come with a question that seems to be repeated here quite a bit, but I ask on my own because it appears that it isn't a sure-fire thing and traits vary.

I have read (well, more like sifted) through several topics on your forum, and allow to say that I have found most (if not all of) your responses to be helpful.  However...as I said, it appears it isn't a sure-fire thing.

I started noticing some of these things a few years back, and it's just gradually grown.

To start off, I have a high metabolism.  Now, I know that you all have said that this could also possibly be a, oh, what was it?  "Mainstreamer?"'s trait.  So I'll just leave it that I've been craving meat lately and eat plenty of things that are not only good for me but fattening, but have barely gained any weight in the process.

Secondly, I've been told I have a high tolerance of pain.  I haven't really tested this out, so I'm not sure if it's true or not.  I also seem to exert more energy than I think I am at times (i.e. I believe I am lightly shoving my friend playfully, but then they nearly topple over and scold me for hurting them).

Which brings me to my next point, I'm very, er, emotional?  My mood can change easily (i.e. extremely hyper to deathly sad) with just a few words or something along those lines.  I'm not a hostile person per se, however in certain situations I've had to hold myself back from destroying a room because of something that angered me.

Speaking of anger, this has started happening just this year.  I'll be sitting down in a room full of people, perfectly calm, happy even.  Then someone walks in and I am all too hostile and alert all of a sudden.  Never seen them before, never spoken to them, but I just have an urge to leave.  But on an opposite note, there are people I just want to be around.  Same deal, opposite reactions.

My hair color is light and similar to the color of my skin, don't know if that really means much...

I've also been told I have a strong sense of smell.  Still can't really test it...

And this next bit has been happening before everything else.  If I am alone in a room, not focusing too strongly on something, I can almost feel someone walking down the hall by the door.  Especially when they have the intent to come into the room.

Haven't noticed eye color change...

I don't really remember any of my dreams, but alot of things have been going on to cause stress, and I've been told that affects dream recollection.

I can also run on hardly any sleep or food while exerting quite a bit of energy for hours at a time (if I didn't, I'd have been fired by now, heh).

Cold doesn't really affect me as much as other people, and I dread heat.  However, I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Also, on the topic of Psi (for those of you who have heard of it or any of it's other names), I attempted doing some of the basic excercises in some training sites, however I couldn't feel anything.  If anyone knows if were-ism or Therianism affects Psi energy, please enlighten me.

It's late, I'm ill and tired, so nothing else comes to mind as of now.  If you could pay attention through all of that, God bless you and thank you.

I'm really confused right now, and even a little worried.

EDIT: Allow me to clarify, I do not come requesting a "Yes or No" deal.  I just merely want to see if any of my traits could possibly lead to were-ism/Therianism to see if I should take the time to discover some of this on my own or with help.

Last edited by Cloak* (2008-09-09 00:57:10)

#2 2008-09-09 10:20:01

gizmofreak7

Re: Greetings and Salutations, I come bearing questions.

I have all the changes you have had.Except that i started to get little blond lines in my hair,while my normal hair colour is brown?

But about knowing if a were,im finding out too if i am a were/therian.

So il ask around here.

OR you can ask around yourself.
And if you find out,can you tell me?

Thanks. and good luck!

mmm,cookies........

#3 2008-09-09 11:25:17

Cloak*

I'm just worried how this is going to affect me and those around me.

If I could speak to someone who's been through some of this one-on-one, I'd probably feel better.

I don't know.

I don't know.

#4 2008-09-09 23:37:39

Cloak*

Thought about a bunch of stuff today.  Not sure if I'm closer or farther from my answer.

*taps gun on head* Drivin' me mad.

#5 2008-09-09 23:50:04

WolfVanZandt
Website

A lot of what you listed has to do with your high metabolism which might or might not be related to Therianism. Mainstreamers also vary quite a lot as to the level of their metabolism. I don't know if there's anything different about a Were's metabolism - that needs research.

Tolerance to pain - indirectly, maybe. Because I'm a Werewolf, I have autoimmune problems. Because of that, I've had to live with a lot of painful conditions. When you live with pain, you tend to adapt to it and, although your pain threshold is, technically, not statistically different from others, you can deal with it better.

skin/hair color isn't related to therianthropy. I once thought it was but statistics don't bear it out.

ESP and therianthropy aren't related. Psi energy, maybe. Shamanistic experiences, probably.

#6 2008-09-09 23:56:46

Cloak*

I see.

At the same time I'm relieved, but at the same time it opens up so many more questions. (which, thankfully, a few have been answered by reading a few of the articles on your website (thankyou!)).

I guess the question I should be asking, or rather the one that first comes to mind, heh, is how would you know?

I don't know what it's supposed to feel like.  I've changed the past few years, but alot of stuff was going on then.

Ugh, if only this was all being done person to person instead of over the internet.  It would simplify things.

#7 2008-09-10 18:49:43

Cloak*

Hurray for more double posting (>_<)

I was walking around today, not necessarily around people but not completely isolated.  It wasn't a densely populated street.

I was just thinking about random things and then I just wanted to run.  And, before I realised it, I was running by several people.  I couldn't feel anything, I didn't feel out of breathe (which is amazing since I'm far from fit), I just wanted to run.

This was short lived as someone finally shouted out to either me or someone else.  And, all the exhaustion from running I would have felt hit me like a train wreck.  On top of that, my head and eyes hurt.

Now that I recall, in gradeschool during Physical Education when we had to run laps I remember feeling something similar, along with the headache.

And then there was this whole thing where someone decided it would be fun to anger me, and...well, the experience itself is hard to describe, since it felt I was just watching, not in control.  I nearly lashed out, dropped everything I was carrying and tackled him and attempted to rip him to shreds.

Luckily someone else was near by and saw my hostile position and snapped me out of it.  After that...I just sort of retreated into my own little shell and thought about what had happened.

Mrh, I feel so stupid and out of the know. *shoots self*

Last edited by Cloak* (2008-09-10 19:39:42)

#8 2008-09-10 22:22:55

WolfMontana

Uh... shooting self not necessary. Sounds cool about the running - not so cool about all the exhausted smacking you in the face when you finish though. Myself, I get that urge to run too, and love taking off down a trail in a park, feels awesome.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#9 2008-09-10 22:25:11

Cloak*

I enjoyed it until I fully realised what had happened.

I'm not sure whether I think this is neat or scary.

*shoots self again*

#10 2008-09-14 18:25:37

milana
Website

The running thing... could be the result of a mental shift, which is highly common for weres/therians to experience. However, non-weres experience them, too.

Most of what you're listing is personality quirks. Sadly, there's no checkbox list to tell you if you're a werewolf/etc.

I recommend reading up on what other therians/weres experience: WereLibrary (in particular, the Essay section). This can help you tell if what you are feeling is on the therian/were track or not, as a lot of people share common traits.

There's nothing that can't be cured by chocolate. Unless you're craving calamari.

My Triond.

#11 2008-09-20 12:38:37

rexwolf

I am a very logical person, and am quite experienced and versed in human psychology.  No, I'm not professionally trained, just highly interested.  I guess you could say psycholology and psychiatry are a hobby.

Being a "were" or "therian" is a state of mind, solely.  The mind guides us away from normal human function because normal human function actually isn't.  Society has artificially removed us from nature.  And these thoughts you have may be a combination of conscious and subconscious expression of your wildness, your rejection of the life of a domesticated human.  I say conscious because you came here to explore it, rather than to a psychologist or psychiatrist.   And yes, I have questioned these aspects of my own makeup to a psychologist.

My advice to you is to explore your wild side.   Recognize it, and embrace it.  Perhaps therian beliefs suit your need; perhaps they are not enough.  But my advice to you, and to everyone, is not to EVER let popular opinion of any kind guide your path to self-discovery.  Do not define your existence and exploration of your spiritual connection to nature through such boring things as human definitions including m-shifting, p-shifting, eye color changes, heightened senses, etc.  These are misinterpretations of your body's desire to be among nature at best; and at worst, are neuroses caused by a desire to belong among humans even as you consciously seek to be apart from them and closer to nature.

Turn off the TV.  Stop reading werewolf posts, books, stories, etc. and start exploring this on your own.  Your own mind, your own spirit can guide you far better than these popular forums.  Instead, embrace these forums as potential sources of other humans who share your disconnection with domesticated society.  And don't make the mistake I did many years ago of assuming that all who share your beliefs in therianthropy (or more accurately misanthropy) are good people and have the same traits you do.  Many explore this for pure fantasy.  Others, unfortunately, explore it as a means of finding popularity among the misanthropic...similar to the "goth" subculture.

Seek carefully; both the people you are influenced by, as well as the answers you find.  Only you have the answers, and truth is strictly a personal matter.  No one can ever tell you the truth, especially about you.  But you can seek guidance in discovering the truth for yourself.

Best of luck.

And welcome to the world of the misanthropic, those who's misanthropy has guided them to a path of directing their misanthropy in a rather profoundly physical way - of becoming a non-human.

Because Wolves deserve better

#12 2009-06-16 00:26:27

Yozhe Volf

the running thing could be explained by adrenaline cuz i run the 800m dash in track and it is one of the hardest races and at the end i always seem to be able to push out more that i got on that final straight away

The bluntest wolf ya'll ever meet.

Board footer