The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-09 01:22:45

Nightstalker

Random werewolf story, hit me in the face lol

I was working on my other story when this one struck and I couldn’t resist typing it up. Haven’t got a name for it though, that has eluded me somewhat, so hoping you guys might want to give me some ideas for a title.
Pardon me for making it so long, it was actually longer...

Hope you find it different to the norm, do enjoy smile

Prologue

Five months ago

She awoke to a strange tingling sensation all over her body, as if she had pins and needles pricking her skin every where, making it uncomfortable for her to sleep.
She grumbled to herself, thinking she had merely slept in an awkward position, which she had, as half of her body had been on the bed, the rest had been either hanging off the edge or on her computer chair.
Pulling back the many quilts she slept under, she dragged her sluggish body into a sitting position and looked at the clock.
2:07 am.
“Damn” she cursed quietly. Something must’ve disturbed her, other than the tingling.
She glanced around the room, the light from her fish-tank helping her human eyes see into the shadows of her room.
Her room was quite messy, papers, books, pencils and boxes strewn about on the floor, her dressing table being covered in her many dragon statues, along with soaps, more papers, clothes and various other items. She really needed to sort that out. She had a desk that took up a corner of her room, which she and her bed were right next to. Once again, it had pencils, pens, markers, some paper, fabrics, candles, lighters, lamps, various small containers, rocks, shells and fish foods, along with four small tanks, two of which held a fighter fish each. She had fifteen of them.
She had a larger tank between her desk and dressing table which held a single angelfish, the tanks atop it holding another smaller angelfish and five more fighting fish. She smiled at them, as she always did.
With a sigh, she decided to get up and get a drink, hoping that the tingling would go away if she moved about. But as soon as she stood up and put weight on her legs, pain shot up them as if the bones were shattering into a million pieces and gave way. She gasped and her eyes watered, blurring her vision.
She sat on the faded pink carpet of the floor, her legs aching, and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. Once she could see better, she looked at her legs and took a sharp intake of breath. Her legs appeared to be misshapen and moving, the ankles becoming elongated, her toes growing long, sharp claws and her big toe on each foot was moving back, further up towards her ankles, stopping a third of the way up, each with a wickedly curved, dark grey claw protruding from them.
She sat and stared at her legs for a long time, until a sharp pain coursed along her shoulders and across her rib cage. She doubled over, breathing hard, noticing her hands were also misshapen, becoming prehensile paws and claws. How she hadn’t noticed it before, she had no idea, but that thought was soon chased from her mind by another sharp whip of pain, along with another though
Shape-Shifter
She groaned as the pain continued, trying to fight it, which only seem to make it intensify.
The bones were popping in and out of place, becoming larger and heavier, then reshaping and replacing themselves in their new sockets.
New strands of muscles and tissues bonded themselves to those new bones, each twitching with the want of being flexed and stretched, to be put to use.
Further inside, her heart and lungs, along with every other organ in her body, enlarged to nearly five times their original sizes, slowing down so as to become more accustomed to the change.
She kept fighting the pain, writhing on the ground, until she became utterly exhausted from it, and just laid still, not moving, scarcely breathing. Her long hair fell over her face, obscuring everything with a reddish brown haze. She closed her eyes and hoped it would end.
With that, the pain eased off until there was only a slight discomfort as her body continued to shift.
Long fur sprouted from her skin, covering every inch of her body as a long tail started to grow from her spine and her face turned into a large muzzle, forehead receding and ears moved atop her head, becoming pointed.
After a time, the discomfort stopped, the shift having been completed.
She didn’t want to, but something told her she should open her eyes and see what had happened to her once human body.
She could feel her back pressed up against her bed, her legs being tucked under her, due to the cramped amount of space she was in.
She raised her head up, ears laid back in unease, her soft, yet dark, brown eyes examining her new body, which did indeed, now appearing to be that of a lycanthrope. She pushed herself up off the floor carefully, in case the pain would return and cripple her again. When it didn’t come back, she allowed herself some degree of relaxation.
She stood up right, surprised that she could do without discomfort, though knowing that’s what normally happened, her ears just brushing the roof, and examined her facial features in her dresser mirror. What stared back at her was another shock entirely.
A large wolf stared back at her, multi-shaded brown fur covering its features, a long mane of bronze and gold streaked fur covering its shoulders and neck, travelling down its back, all the way to its tail, ending in a thick brush.
Vicious white incisors flashed across the mirror as she snarled at her reflection in unease. How had she managed to turn into such a creature?
She’d always been fascinated by shape shifters, lycanthropes being a favourite, and had read loads about them. It didn’t add up in her mind that she would become one though, as neither of her parents were a shape-shifter of any sort, nor had she been bitten by a lycanthrope.
She had to leave though, that she knew for certain. Shape-shifters were dangerous, especially if they don’t know themselves well enough to have control.
She scribbled down a quick note for her family, asking them to forgive her and to take care of her many pets, leaving instructions on how to do so.
She made her way out of her room and to the sliding door next to the kitchen bench. It would be the only door she could go through. It was also the noisiest if not opened correctly.
She’d pulled gently on the door, sliding it open slowly, so as noise was to a minimum. When it was opened wide enough, she squeezed through and slid it shut with a gentle thud as the rubber stoppers hit the frame.
She took off after that, padding down the brick pathway of their backyard and over the white metal fence at the side of their green house. It had taken her two long days to paint that entire thing.
She’d run straight out onto the road on all fours, right under a street lamp, showing her being to any that might be watching out their windows.
She’d run up the road, to the gap between the houses, one that led to open paddocks of grasses, trees and bushland. There was a small freshwater river, only two hours walk from her house also, so water wasn’t really a problem.

For the next three weeks, she’d learnt to hunt the kangaroos of a morning and evening when they came out to feed, never bothering to hunt them of a day, as they usually saw her and bounded off.
The first week had been hard though, as she’d gotten mightily hungry at one stage and had stalked a small child, until realising what she was doing and trotted off, further into the thick brush and away from the dirt tracks people often walked along.
After that time, she started to visit her home, checking on her fish and rats, making sure her family had taken good care of them.
The cats, dogs and rats had all seemed unsure of her when she’d first turned up one day, unnoticed by people, as she’d learnt to shift her shape to that of a large canine, looking strikingly like a brown wolf, but people just passed her off for an over-grown mutt.
Day time was the only time she could go to her home, as there was little chance of her running into her family then. Her brother went to school, her parents to work.
She started to leave notes for her family when she came and went, assuring them she was okay and that she would return when she could. She had no idea when that was though, as she knew she was still unpredictable.

During her fourth week, she’d travelled from the village she’d lived at, into the town some miles north. It wasn’t a great distance, fifteen minutes drive or a thirty minute bike ride. For her, it was five days of wandering in that direction, hunting as she went.
Once in the town, she’d continued on as an “over grown mutt”, dodging the dog catchers as she went. Over two days, she headed further into the town, towards the old steel bridge that went across the river, joining the southern half and the northern half of the town. She knew where she was going now, but it required her to cross the bridge and a lot more walking.
Her pace picked up as she neared the bridge at the end of her second day in town, wanting to get across it quickly, the old nervousness of using the pedestrian part of it, situated under the main part where vehicles went across, picking up again. This bridge often had the odd wack job hanging about on it. People getting mugged or beaten up, the usual thing.
She pretty much ran the six hundred metre solid plank wood and metal path, nearly knocking over a bike rider, only to lie down in the long grass of a park and slept through the night
Next day had her following various roads, picking the ones that would take her to her destination. By the time evening came, she had reached the property she had once camped on. It was a fair way from town, about a thirty minute drive, not too far, not too close.
The property was right on the river bank, once having been underwater itself, so it had a steep decent to a lower paddock, which was sandy and was, in effect, a small beach, All along the sides of this bank paddock was reeds, water lilies, trees of various sorts and water weed. The beach itself was in the middle of it, with a few pines on the bank and a mulberry tree further back, towards to house. There was a deep, black water inlet, which was thick with reeds and other water plants, travelling up behind the property, causing the house and paddocks to have water at front and back and needing the use of a small concrete bridge.
She changed back into her werewolf form and crossed onto the property, heading straight to the paddocks, where she would rest on the steeper, more vegetated parts of the bank. Some of the bank had flats where the water didn’t reach, making them like little cliffs. She would sleep there.
For nearly another four weeks, she had stayed at the property, hunting the water fowl, rabbits, the occasional kangaroo and eating the odd sheep or cow from other properties, but never leaving a trace of herself.
After the first couple weeks, she came to notice a scent, one that had not been there when she had first arrived. She tried in vain to find the source of it for two weeks, even managing to scale trees in her search. Several attempts of failure and she was still intrigued by the scent.
It was on her eighth search of the scent that she ran into another werewolf. This was not the source of the scent, but the start of another one entirely
A large, sand coloured male, flecked with ginger along his head, shoulders and mane, his muzzle broad, his chest likewise. He had asked her what she was doing, if she knew what she was. She’d told him to mind his own business at the first and that she was a werewolf at the second, her hackles had risen slightly, bronze and gold glittering in the weak light of the stars and crescent moon.
His eyes were a friendly hazelnut colour that had humour in the depths; he seemed to smile at her answers. It caught her off guard when he asked if she would like to come with him, to learn new things.
She had sat down, looking puzzled by his question. He had merely smiled and said he would give her time to think and walked off.
She had known there were others, but had never come into contact with them.
She had looked at the stars, hoping they would give her an answer.
When she looked down and saw the fading shadow of the sandy coloured werewolf, she stood and trotted after him, the mysterious scent forgotten…

Last edited by Nightstalker (2008-09-09 01:24:27)

"Her anger, the aggression, those eyes... It's so lethal..."
"She is rapaz, first & foremost, remember that, especially when you come face to face with her"

#2 2008-09-11 18:14:39

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Re: Random werewolf story, hit me in the face lol

Sorry about missing your post, Nightstalker - kinda slipped through the cracks there.

You have quite a lot going on here, but you tell it in a way that feels like a story instead of a summary. That's really good. Your TF sequence was both detailed and involved rather well. Great Job!

Although your spelling and grammar are pretty solid, the scope of the post is difficult to read online. I might recommend separating your paragraphs with a skipped line. I've learned that reading posts online is much easier if the paragraphs are separated in such a way. You can skip 2 lines between "time lapses" so that they are noticeable as well. Though this will lengthen your post itself, it makes it much easier for your readers to read.

That being said, you have a solitary feeling to the beginning of the story that overpowers even the shock of suddenly shifting form, and I find that very well done. We have as many questions as the protagonist does, which helps us relate to what she may find from this point on.

Bring on some more, Nightstalker!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#3 2008-09-18 10:06:14

Nightstalker

It's all good. I was wondering if it was a bad story or something lol
Yeah, two stories at once is tiring, but I'm having some fun with them smile
Thanks

"She is rapaz, first & foremost, remember that, especially when you come face to face with her"

#4 2008-09-18 10:29:01

Imaru

WOW im amazed..... i wish i could write like that....

~To Be Mortal Is To Be Cursed~

#5 2008-09-19 11:35:14

Goldie

dude, that was pretty good. smile

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#6 2008-09-21 11:35:56

Nightstalker

Thanks guys
Been a while since I did a post, many pardons for it. Here's more. No idea if it's any good this part.
Enjoy though smile
_____

Stalker woke from her memory based dream to the shuffling of straw and clothing being discarded, her weary eyes not wanting to open to see who it was shuffling about, trying vainly not to wake her. A familiar scent fluttered up her now twitching nose. Jason.
She sighed and rolled over onto her side as he plonked himself down next to her in the hay, causing him to raise his dark head and look at her, his murky brown eyes cautious.
He smelt of smoke and earth more strongly then usual, no doubt he’d just come from the fire.
She could hear the others, specifically Isaac and his crew, walking along the isle, towards their pens, talking and laughing loudly, not caring if they woke anyone, most likely intoxicated, again.
With another sigh, she sat up, Jason still watching her intently.
She was in her werewolf form, as she was in usually these days. Brown fur rippling with movement, her golden bronze mane reflecting the faint lamp light, not that they really needed the lighting, they could see perfectly well without the lamps. She yawned, showing off an impressive set of snow white daggers, even by werewolf standards.
It soon occurred to Jason that he should shift to his own werewolf form, should she turn hostile like she had done previously, though, not towards himself.
With that thought, he turned and finished undressing, violently pulling his pants off, closed his eyes and commenced his own shift, turning into a slightly larger werewolf, his dark brown fur and black flecked mane rippling with the hidden muscles.
When the shift was over, Jason opened his eyes, turned, and looked at the soft brown ones of his pen-pal.

“I don’t always wake up cranky, you know” Stalker says, somewhat groggily, inspecting Jason in his new form and knowing why he had changed Though, for some reason, his coat always reminded her of dark chocolate.

“I know, but after what you did to that guy from the other pack, it wouldn’t hurt to be prepared” Jason replied, flexing his muscles as he remembered how hard it had been to get her off the unfortunate dog.

“It was his own fault he stumbled in here and stepped on my tail. He wouldn’t move his damned foot either” she mumbled, also remembering the incident from weeks ago.

A male from one of the other packs had managed to get into her pen, drunk as a booze hound and hoping to get himself a nice bit of sleep in what he thought was his pen.
What he’d found was an abnormally large female werewolf, plagued by nightmares, dozing in the hay
He’d still thought it was his pen and figured she was to be his company, so he’d started shifting into his werewolf form, stepping on her tail in the process.
She’d awoken with the pain, turned and in a blind frenzy, attacked him. He’d managed to fight her off somewhat, as he’d completed his shift, but she wasn’t your average female werewolf, as it had taken four of the larger males to get her off and restrain her, but the other male had been in a sorry state.
A week later, she had found him in his own pen, lightly bandaged, as some the wounds had been quite bad, and apologised for tearing him up. He’d taken it well enough, had even accepted the fresh kill she had taken to him, but she could tell by his eyes he’d be more careful where he trod next time.

“I guess you had a right to defend your tail” Jason sighed. The other guy had admitted to stepping on her tail. Just, no one knew where the sudden aggression had come from in Stalker; she was usually quiet and easy going. The viciousness in the attack was just beyond what he’d seen of her in the dodgy six weeks she’d been with them. She had a habit of taking herself off every so often sometimes their leader would go with her, but he always came back.
It occurred to Jason then, that he’d never seen Stalker hunt before, it caused him to wonder
“How about we go hunting tomorrow? Just you and me” It was only a suggestion, one he felt certain she would decline.

Stalker stared at him, puzzlement clear in her soft brown eyes “I guess we could, why you would want to hunt with me, I would not know. I’ve only ever hunted on my own or with Steven”

“Yeah, so? I haven’t seen you hunt. It would be fun” a smile was sparkling in his murky brown canine eyes. He was actually looking forward to hunting with another Were, that and she’d agreed to hunting with him.

“Nifty, tomorrow night, we hunt together for the first time” She smiled, her tongue hanging out slightly, looking very much like an over grown pup, happy with her bit in life. She was the strangest werewolf he had ever met.
She pounced then, landing on top of Jason, causing him to yelp in fright, pinning him against the wall easily, and collecting a gentle hold on his ear, her tail thrashing wildly in the hay.
Jason recovered quickly from his fright and struggled to get her off him, so as to turn the tables, and join more fully in the game.
Stalker stood a full seven and a half feet tall upright as a werewolf, Jason a scant two inches taller than her. She weighed more than him in both human and canine forms. She really was larger compared to most other females he’d come across, and even though he’d only really known her for a month, he considered her to be a great deal more fun than most of them, he just didn’t know if that was due to the fact she was years younger and hadn’t raised pups before. She wasn’t done growing just yet, either.
Jason eventually threw Stalker off him, sending her back a few feet, long enough for him to regain his stature and charge her, toppling her over onto her back, only to have them both roll out the door of their pen and into the isle, where they continued to play, yipping slightly, getting the odd glance from others peering over the tops of their pens, curious to see who was at play.
It wasn’t until they stopped for breath that they noticed a human grunting noise from down the isle at the back of the barn. Both knew what it was.
Stalker stood up and shook herself, loosening the hay from her fur, only to have it fall down and dust Jason’s nose, who was lying on the cement floor, causing him to sneeze.

“You’re going to see those guys again” It was more a statement than a question.

“Yup, besides, don’t particularly wish to stay here while Isaac does what he may with Lanie. Noise is only going to grow” she turns and heads towards the open barn doors.

“Hey, wait up! I’m coming for the walk” Jason scrambles after her, determined not to be stuck in the barn without a distraction.

As soon as Stalker steps outside the red barn door, she comes face to face with a broad, sand coloured chest and muzzle, with a pair of friendly hazelnut eyes watching her.
“Where are you two off to?” Steven asks cheerfully, his sand coloured fur shining with good health.

“Just for a walk, Isaac is…” she trailed off, knowing that an explanation wasn’t really needed.

“Ah yes, it’s a nice night for a walk, always is before rain. You are going into town?” Steven questions. He wasn’t bothered about where they were going, he could trust this pair.

“Yeah, we are. Might split up though, is that okay?” Jason asks, hoping Steven would be okay with it.

“Should be fine, just be careful of other beastials” Steven replies, using their correct term of animal shape shifters.

Jason stared at Steven, surprised by the answer. Steven seldom allowed pairs to split up when they leave the safe zone. If one lost control or was attacked, no one was around to help. He only ever allowed the older ones to go alone.

“Aye, aye, Captain” Stalker teased Steven

“ Ha ha. I’ll see you pair later then. No hounding either” A grin spreads across Stevens face as he walks past the two and into the big red barn, down the cement isle and into the third pen on his right.

The “barn” wasn’t exactly a barn, more like a stable, of sorts. From the outside, it looked like a classic red barn, the kind you saw in cartoons, but it was L shaped and massive.
On the inside of the barn were rows of pens, which were big enough to fit several large horses. The walls made of layers of wood and steel. Each pen was, in fact, a room for each of the werewolves, however, the pack members often matched up with someone and shared a pen, usually mated pairs. But friends, siblings and such stayed did so as well, resulting in “pen-pals”. There were only 21 in their pack; the barn could hold twice that amount.
With a final glance at Steven’s pen, Stalker turned and loped off at a brisk pace, leaving the clearing and going through the trees, Jason close on her heels.

Thirty minutes later, Jason jumps atop a house roof, Stalker doing like wise on the next house.
They scent the air, the noxious smell of car fumes and cigarettes assaulting Jason’s nostrils, causing him to wrinkle his nose slightly. Stalker barely notices them, concentrating on looking for two other scents in particular. Finding neither, she lightly sprang off the roof and headed down the road, keeping away from the street lamps, heading to a large skate park and, most importantly, the dirt bike tracks.
She took little notice of the skate park; to her it was just moulded concrete, metal railings and park benches. She’d seen it all before.
The dirt bike tracks were another thing, earth and clay piled high to make jumps and create ditches, packed tight by almost constant use, all of it backed up to the bush, sitting on the very edge of the tree line.
Stalker put her nose to the ground, finding a few traces of werewolf scent mixed in with humans and various others. Not what she was interested in, but good information none the less.
She concentrated on the human scents, Jason, who’d decided to follow from the house, watching her intently as she sorted through each human smell. She had a unique ability to tell the difference between individuals of other species, not many others had that.
Eventually she found a very faint trace of the human scent she’d been looking for; they hadn’t been there for sometime.
She raised her head, remembered what direction the house was in, and loped across a road and past various trucks and houses, Jason following.
She went past various streets, soon turning a corner and heading up a road, the house lawns here all being green from good watering.
She stopped in front of a house, her own scent heavy in the air here.
The house was red bricked, with a dark tile roof. It had a tree in the middle of the lawn, an old eucalypt.
She searched the drive way, walking up it to the garage, looking for the car.
It wasn’t there.
Jason stood across the road, hidden in deep shadows, watching for trouble. Stalker was more careless than him.
She put her nose to the ground, finding various scents, her chosen human scent heavier than her own here. She walked from one side of the lawn over to the fence of the next house, which was nearly black with the shadows of the trees from the other side of it. She sat and listened, hearing the voices from inside. They were laughing, but the one she was looking for wasn’t there.
She gave a quiet huff and stood, walking from the shadows, noticing something odd about the old eucalypt tree. One side of it looked like it had been put through a paper shredder. Curious, nose twitching, she inspected the tree.
One scent flared out from all the rest, it caused her hackles to raise and her body to tense.
Were-cat.
The strong, tangy, acidic scent of the creatures was unmistakeable. The shredded look of the tree most likely from its claws. What was a cat doing this close to humans?
This thought was soon slashed from her mind as another scent made itself present.
It was that strange mysterious scent, the one that she’d been obsessed with before Steven. Her hackles lowered a fraction. Something about it calmed her. She put her nose closer to the ground, trying to find it again, but it had only been a whisper.
She was puzzled. had it been there or not?
A low growl caused her to raise her head and look at Jason, who was starting to get annoyed and impatient.

“What the hell are you doing?” He whispers, annoyance and edginess in his voice.

“Nothing, smell a cat though. We should head back and tell Steven”

“Why would a cat be this close to humans?”

“My question exactly”

Stalker didn’t know much about were-cats, but she knew enough to know they didn’t like humans much at all.

“C’mon, lets go, I hear a car coming” Jason stands and walked off, glancing back to see if Stalker was following.

She trotted after him, her mind reeling ‘Why was that other smell here?’

Board footer