The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-24 22:15:52

Vancariad

My Were-Lit

You walk through the deserted forest, guided by the luminous full moon that hangs low in the sky.  The light is dim, and you can only see the shapes of the obstacles around you.  You hear an ominous howl in the distance that sends your heart into a drum roll, but still you trek mindlessly on. 
As you travel, the moon rises in the sky.  You sense movement to your right. You spin to face it, and something taps your shoulder.  You spin around once again.  Staring you in the face is a demon found in the fears of the most imaginative children, the stories of the most twisted writers.  Its humanoid body is covered with thick, glossy fur.  Its muzzle is dripping with blood.  Razor sharp claws hang from its paws.  It remains in the shadows, so it is impossible to tell what exactly it is.
You tell your legs to run, but Fear’s paralyzing breath has grasped them it its death hold.  Your senses go haywire, from this creature comes a pungent odor of feral filth.  The smell fills your nose like a swarm of ants, pushing its way into the deepest crevasses of your mind.
The creature steps into the moonlight and you gasp, for you behold a creature of old myths, a creature that science has known to be fake!  A werewolf.  You shudder in your skin as the beast lowers its head toward you.  The monster is huge, at least eight feet tall, so it must kneel to reach your face.
“Pathetic human, I shall not kill you.” it rasps as you sigh in relief, “Instead, I shall bestow a curse upon you that will haunt you and torture you for the rest of your life.”  It chuckles evilly.  The chuckle sounds like a rotting tree groaning as it tips towards the ground.  Still grasped by Terror’s cold claws, you groan as the dagger-like teeth sink slowly and agonizingly into your arm.  The werewolf’s glimmering eyes swirl into a whirlpool of madness as your mind succumbs to complete darkness.
When you awake the shift of the full moon suggests that is has been around two hours.  A tingling sweeps over your body as you see brown-red fur poke through your skin, itching like beetles crawling through your flesh.  The agonizing torture soon subsides, only to be replaced by an incredible pain in your legs.  The bone seems to morph into a new shape as it snaps backward.  You cry out in pain, but your voice turns into a screeching howl.  Your nails grow and curve into claws of terrifying sharpness.  Your nose elongates painfully into a stout muzzle.  In one explosion of horror, your senses explode into a tornado of pure scent, sight, sound, and feeling.  Finally, as the change is complete, you feel euphoria, a puppy-like happiness and joy of being alive.
The full moon above you is your goddess, and you howl a prayer to her, for tonight marks the night of your first hunt.  The moon makes it seem as bright as day with your new sight.  The smells of the forest waft inside your nose, an explosion of prey smells.  Normal wolves that had marked their territory, bunnies had burrowed, and quail had trekked through this clearing.  No, this night marked a special occasion.  The only food fit for tonight would be human.  Your tongue lolls and your drool at the thought of fresh blood and meat from a delicious, sweet human.  You want to rip the life from a soul and cast it, lost, into the Netherworld.
You start running, the newfound energy rippling through your muscles.  Suddenly, you stop.  In the clearing behind these trees you see a lone human, crouched by his fire with a hotdog on a stick.  You decide to let this pathetic creature enjoy his last dinner, and then you will strike.  The human quickly devours his meal, and you emerge from the shrubbery.  A terrifying half-man and half-wolf is beheld by your next meal. 
The terror on his face mirrors what you remember of your own, and you feel a flash of pity.  The feeling disappears as you descend on your victim.  You wrench at his neck and red blood spurts out.  The man screeches a death warble as you rip flesh from his ribs.  He sighs with the echoing rattle of a dying breath, a breath that will not escape your own lips for at least a century. 
The blood and flesh morph into the ideal of Nectar and Ambrosia on your tongue, and you collapse in a ball on the pile of clean, white bones and enjoy the warmth of the fire.  The next morning you awake, human again with the coppery taste of blood on your teeth.  You are naked and have an overwhelming sense of power.  The ground around you is stained scarlet; it seems like the red soil of Australia.  You find a flare in the pack of the human you devoured, and climb a large hill as to be far from the scene of the crime.  You fire the flare and again fall into the caverns of sleep.
You wake to find yourself in a hospital bed.  A nurse taps quietly on a keyboard across the room.  She turns at the sound of your gasp and runs to get the doctors.  You take your chance to escape into the city.  ‘That old wolf was wrong!  I will not be tortured by this power! World, behold a lone wolf that you will learn to fear!’ you think as you walk onto the grimy sidewalk of a new life.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, yeah.  That's my story, it's completely inacurate I know, but it scares my friends and family, and that's all that matters.
Here's my poem.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Blood is red,
The moon is blue,
You'd better watch out,
I'm coming for you.

My teeth are sharp,
My ears are keen,
My eyes are glowing,
I'm vicious and mean.

I howl to the moon,
The eternal pearl,
When full in the sky,
Disasters unfurl.

Any man that may cross me,
In my maddened, crazed state,
Will necome a great meal,
On my earth-made plate.

In a Goddess Moon's cycle,
When she flies full again,
I will seek out for certain,
A feast made of men.

For although they may see me,
As a fugure of death,
I do not distinguish,
Between each dying breath.

For when I see red,
When the full moon is blue,
I surely don't know,
That I am coming for you.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

And that's my writing.  I know it's REALLY not accurate, but it was fun to write.  I wrote the poem on the 15 of September, the full moon.

Last edited by Vancariad (2008-10-19 16:09:29)

Charle Brown is NOT amused.

#2 2008-09-25 16:26:22

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Re: My Were-Lit

Wow! Second Person Narrative! Very rare and intriguing POV choice! Cool!
  I really appreciated your story, as it tells the reader what they are feeling and what they are going through, as well as if they like it or not. It forces the reader to acknowledge these feelings, even if they believe that they would never think, feel, or do that. It adds a bit of an inescapable disturbance to the narrative. It's a nice choice!

It's a little heard to read without skipping a line between each paragraph, but I managed. The only thing toward inaccuracy that I may encourage you to change is the bit about the bone snapping backwards. It sounds like you're trying to describe the knee bending backwards to a new shape, and I would encourage you to refrain from that idea. This topic will explain why:
http://forum.werewolfcafe.com/viewtopic.php?id=3641

Of course, that may not be what the bone snapping backwards is referring to, in which case adding a little more detail to the scenario may result in an even more chilling TF sequence. However, it's up to you.

Regardless of such opinionated comments, your story is a wonderful read and does a great job with an ominous, fateful tone. Good job on this one, Vancariad!

Last edited by Grayle (2008-09-25 16:27:06)

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#3 2008-09-26 14:35:19

Vancariad

I did change the knee-thing on my new and improved version of this story.  That one is first-person and is starting to take on a more novel-type format.  I did mean bending backwards and  always imagined it sounding like a sickening crackle or snap.  I guess I may have taken that from the Animorphs series (wouldn't reomend those books)  Anyhoo, thanks for te constructive criticism which is always welcome.

#4 2008-10-19 16:07:48

Vancariad

Here is the irst part of the "new and inproved version of the story" with the knee-thing changed.  I wish Kesler Ovid were real...

The Curse of the Wolf

It has been five years since that night that made me what I am today.  Its consequences have given me great strengths and weaknesses.  It was like a rebirth into the world of the dark supernatural.   

I walked through the deserted forest, guided by the luminous full moon that hung low in the sky.  The light was dim, and I could only see the shapes of the obstacles around me.  I heard an ominous howl in the distance that sent my heart into a drum roll, but still I trekked mindlessly on. 

As I traveled, the moon rose in the sky.  I sensed movement to my right and spun to face it.  Suddenly, something tapped my shoulder.  I spun around once again.  Staring me in the face was a demon found in the fears of the most imaginative children, the stories of the most twisted writers.  Its humanoid body was covered with thick, glossy fur.  Its muzzle was dripping with blood.  Razor sharp claws hung from its paws.  It remained in the shadows, so it was impossible to tell what exactly it was.

I told my legs to run, but Fear’s paralyzing breath had grasped them it its death hold.  My senses went haywire with a preys instinct, from this creature came a pungent odour of feral filth.  The smell filled my nose like a swarm of ants, pushing its way into the deepest crevasses of my mind.

The creature stepped into the moonlight and I gasped, for I beheld a creature of old myths, a creature that science had known to be fake!  A werewolf.  I shuddered in my skin as the beast lowered its head towards me.  The monster was huge, at least eight feet tall, so it had to kneel to reach my face.

“Pathetic human, I shall not kill you.” it rasped as I sighed in relief, “Instead, I shall bestow a curse upon you that will haunt you and torture you for the rest of your life.”  It chuckled evilly.  The chuckle sounded like a rotting tree groaning as it tips towards the ground.  Still grasped by Terror’s cold claws, I groaned as the dagger-like teeth sunk slowly and agonizingly into my arm.  The werewolf’s glimmering eyes swirled into a whirlpool of madness as my mind succumbed to complete darkness.

When I awoke the shift of the full moon suggested that it had been around two hours.  A tingling swept over my body as I saw brown-red fur poke through my skin, itching like beetles crawling through my flesh.  The agonizing torture soon subsided, only to be replaced by an incredible pain in my legs.  The bone seemed to morph into a new shape which protruded backwards.  I cried out in pain, but my voice turned into a screeching howl.  My nails grew and curved into claws of terrifying sharpness.  My nose elongated painfully into a stout muzzle.  In one explosion of horror, my senses exploded into a tornado of pure scent, sight, sound, and feeling.  Finally, as the change was complete, I felt euphoria, a puppy-like happiness and joy of being alive.

The full moon above me was my goddess, and I howled a prayer to her, for tonight marked the night of my first hunt.  The moon made it seem as bright as day with my new sight.  The smells of the forest wafted inside my nose, an explosion of prey smells.  Normal wolves that had marked their territory, bunnies had burrowed, and quail had trekked through this clearing.  No, this night marked a special occasion.  The only food fit for tonight would be human.  My tongue lolled and I drooled at the thought of fresh blood and meat from a delicious, sweet human.  I wanted to rip the life from a soul and cast it, lost, into the Netherworld.

I started running, the newfound energy rippled through my muscles.  Suddenly, I stopped.  In the clearing behind some trees I saw a lone human, crouching by his fire with a hotdog on a stick.  I decided to let this pathetic creature enjoy his last dinner, and then I would strike.  The human quickly devoured his meal, and I emerged from the shrubbery to take mine.  A terrifying half-man and half-wolf was beheld by my next meal. 

The terror on his face mirrored what I remembered of my own, and I felt a flash of pity.  The feeling disappeared as I descended on my victim.  I wrenched at his neck and red blood spurted out.  The man screeched a death warble as I ripped flesh from his ribs.  He sighed with the echoing rattle of a dying breath, a breath that will not escape my own lips for at least a century. 

The blood and flesh morphed into the ideal of Nectar and Ambrosia on my tongue, and I collapsed in a ball on the pile of clean, white bones to enjoy the warmth of the fire.  The next morning I awoke, human again with the coppery taste of blood on my teeth.  I was naked and had an overwhelming sense of power.  The ground around me was stained scarlet; it seemed like the red soil of Australia.  I found a flare in the pack of the human I devoured, and climbed a large hill as to be far from the scene of the crime.  I fired the flare and again fell into the caverns of sleep.

I woke to find myself in a hospital bed.  A nurse tapped quietly on a keyboard across the room.  She turned at the sound of my gasp and ran to get the doctors.  I took my chance to escape into the city.  ‘That old wolf was wrong!  I will not be tortured by this power! World, behold a lone wolf that you will learn to fear!’ I thought as I walked onto the grimy sidewalk of a new life.

I quickly developed control of this new power, and was able to shift into my wolf-self at any time.  When I was the wolf, I had complete control over my actions, except on the full moon.  On the full moon, it was mandatory for me to shift, and my instincts controlled my actions.  All was well for me until I decided to show my family.

It had been ten months since the first shift, and I hadn’t devoured any humans besides the inevitable kill of the full moon.  I decided it was time to show my family may dark and dangerous secret.  My mother, father, and younger sister, who had came straight from her University, sat at the dinner table staring at me curiously.  My unusually rare steak stayed uneaten on my plate, staring me down like an abandoned dog from the SPCA.  I stood and addressed my family,

“Do not be frightened by what I am about to show you,” I began, “I will tell you now that I will have complete control over myself.”  I backed away from the table, and opened my eyes which had been squeezed shut in concentration.  They were yellow and fiery like a mad wolf’s.  I watched as the colour drained from the faces of my family members.  My canine teeth grow rapidly and the rest of my teeth become unusually sharp.  My knees snap backward with a sickening crunch.  Fur sprouted from every space on my body, and my mouth stretched smoothly forward.  My ears became larger and swung to the top of my head.  Within seconds, the transformation was complete.

“Mum, Dad, Sula, it’s still me!  I’m just in another form.”  I rasp as they star at me, speechless and in terror.  After a moment of this paralysis, my father grabbed his steak knife and wielded it as if it was a sword.  I blinked in confusion.  I had told them it was still me, hadn’t I?  I tried a different approach; my father knew dog body language quite well, so I went belly-up like a pup to an elder.  It was my fathers turn to blink.  He turned to my mother and sister and told them to run.  It was time for plan C; I slowly began to morph back into my regular self, and my father’s face softened.  Still wielding the knife in his hand he backed slowly towards the front door.  I knew it was only a matter of time before he called the police.

I guess this would be the right time to update you on who I am, and the life behind it.  My name is Kessler Ovid.  I used to be an Astronomer, oh the irony of a werewolves life.  The moon goddess picked me as her subject for a reason.  I had an average childhood and adult life, until that fateful night when fate hunted me down with razor teeth and made me what I am today.  I’ve lived alone in my house with my two dogs for five years, that is, until the night I revealed myself to my parents, and was forced to flee.

It was three hours after my parents had deserted me that I heard the yell at the door,
“
Police!  Open up or we’ll come in by force,” this was accompanied by three abrupt and forceful knocks.

“We have reason to believe that there is a dangerous individual living in this abode!” came the rough and official voice.  I heaved myself stiffly towards the door, waiting for it to blast open.  I faced the door like a bull about to charge and shifted into my wolf-self.  I roared, preparing for battle as the change was complete.  The roar startled the police and they charged through my door, only to face the most terrorizing thing in the world, a vision that would stay in their minds until their lives ended…and that would be quite soon. 

There were five of them, all of them shot at me as time slowed.  My vision blurred red and I dodged the speeding bullets.  I leapt, ducked, and slid my way through a screen of death.  The police stared up at me in terror, and with one swipe of my paw, I through them all against the wall.

“Don’t move!”  I ordered, and the police obeyed readily, trembling in their furless skins with their eyes wide.  I raised my paws in a way which showed submission, and the police relaxed slightly. 

“Fear my kind, but not me myself.  I have only met one other werewolf, and he was a cruel monster.  He searched only to bestow this…this curse upon me.  At first I though it was a gift.  Be warned, if you tell a single soul about me, I will know.  If you betray my unorthodox trust, I will hunt you down.”  I finished with my head hung low, and bounded, without looking back, into the empty streets.

In two minutes flat I was five blocks away, and I slipped back into human form.  The City was not a good place for a werewolf, at least not an untrained one.  The night that I unleashed the beast within was all a blur.  In fact, I couldn’t remember what I was doing in that peccant forest.  I had to go back.

#5 2008-10-19 22:27:13

Goldie

oh wow, i'm really liking this guy. smile please, i hope you'll write more.

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#6 2008-10-19 23:00:21

Vancariad

I definately will...eventually.  I don't really know what I'm gunna write next.  In this story, all I know is that Kesler Ovid will meet a vampire and the vampire will get his ass kicked.

#7 2008-10-19 23:01:15

Vancariad

And I'm glad you like Kesler Ovid, he is my favourite character I've ever written about.

#8 2008-10-20 22:56:28

punxnotdead

Do post more whenever you can. It's great so far!

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#9 2008-10-20 23:19:03

Vancariad

Thanks, I probably can't post more until...who knows.  Life is too chaotic.

#10 2008-10-21 10:32:37

punxnotdead

Okie-dokie. Just take you're time. Don't rush or you might end up with something you are unimpressed with. I've done that too many times to remember. wink

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#11 2008-10-21 18:23:19

Vancariad

I'm just so busy in the next week, I'll probably not even have much time for Werewolf Cafe!!! sad

#12 2008-10-22 10:41:45

Goldie

awwwww man, well don't rush, I'm sure you'll get it in when you can. smile

yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#13 2008-10-22 19:12:49

Vancariad

Ok, busy obsatcles are ALMOST overcome, and I didn't even have to take a break from Werewolf Cafe!!! I will get the writing soon.

#14 2008-10-22 20:06:57

punxnotdead

Woot! big_smile

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#15 2008-10-22 21:51:23

Vancariad

lol I'm flattered, and I just started working on a Chapter 2 thingy.

#16 2008-11-17 22:26:32

Vancariad

Here is a poem that I'm gunna make up right now!

Bones are cracking, creaking, moaning,
In the forest you were roaming,
Fur is spreading, poking through,
Sweat clings like morning dew.
A howl lets loose from stretching lips,
From your fingers claws do rip,
Ears are morphing growing large,
Legs strengthen and you charge.
Into the mountains you will sprint,
And awake in patch of mint,
And make your way back to the town,
Without such spirit you would drown.

Meh, not my best, but written in like, 7 mins.

#17 2009-03-24 13:15:44

Vancariad

ok, so CH 1 isn't done yet, but
kessler is a kid now!  YAYYZ

Chapter One
The Mark of the Wolf

Kessler Ovid stared out the glistening window of his ninth grade math class, the useless lecture of the teacher completely unnoticed.  In his mind, there was no rain.  Instead the moon twinkled down on his face as he stampeded through the forest.  Four feet pounded the ground as the fur all over his body swung with the wind. 
    Soon, Kessler was dragged out of his daydream when he heard his name being called rather sternly.  He raised his head, eyes adjusting to the light after the surprising reality of the dream. 
    “Kessler?  Kessler! What is the answer to number five?” yelled the teacher.  The class snickered as Kessler stared, dazed at the blackboard,
    “Kessler, this is the sixth time that I’ve caught you daydreaming this week.  You’ll have to go to the office whilst I call your father,” she continued.  There were a few cruel remarks around the class, and Kessler bit his lip to keep his temper in check.  Everybody knew that his mother had died the year before, and you’d think that they would have felt pity.  No, they just used it to bully Kessler into near tears.
Kessler’s face turned red from the strain, and he walked shamefully out the door.   Tears in his eyes, he trudged to the office behind the teacher.  Just steps away, he could hear the roars of laughter from the math class.
    At the office, he was told to sit.  He did so, staining to keep the tears in.  This would be just another accident that would earn him a bad name in this school.  He really was a good kid; he just couldn’t keep his mind on the task at hand.  Many teachers suggested that he get tested for ADD.  Suddenly, his palm began to itch fiercely.  He scratched it equally as ferociously and stared as a perfect read circle began to appear, irritated and red hot.  The principal approached and Kessler raised his eyes to her.
    `Well, young man, it seems you managed to get yourself into one of these chairs again.  Congratulations.  You are hereby suspended for three days.  Your father is on his way.”  She announced.  It took much concentration for the boy not to cry.  If the others saw him in tears, there would be no end to the snide comments he would receive.
    The drive home was beyond painful.  His father, a strict lawyer, would not even look him in the eye, let alone talk to him.  He pressed his irritated palm against the cool window as he stared into the sheets of slovenly rain.
    “Dad, I’m sorry.  I just can’t seem to keep track of my mind.  Sometimes it’s here, and sometimes it’s just...elsewhere,” argued Kessler.  His father fixed on him a deep glare that could only mean a lecture.
    “That is no excuse to not pay attention in your classes.  It’s one thing to be reading at night, and to write all of your twisted stories, but when your so called ‘creative gift’ gets in the way of your school work, it’s time to call it quits.  It’s your choice, Boy.  Do you want to go to University?  Do you want to have a life?”  They had stopped outside the house.  Kessler’s father stared at him, with a hatred not deserved by a son from his father.  His father stepped outside and slammed the door in a way that clearly stated “This discussion is over!”
Kessler just couldn’t take it anymore.  His father had always pressured him to be something that he didn’t want to.  He too got out of the fancy sports car and slammed the door.  He stared at his father, watched as his perfect suit became drenched in the buckets of rain.  The boy’s dark hair became plastered against his skull, his earthy green eyes boring a hole in his father’s light brown ones.
“You need to stop telling me what to do, Dad.  You need to stop being disappointed in who I am, or who I want to be.  At the risk of sounding like an angst-filled teenager, you’ve never been there for me.  You’ve just passively ruined my life,” with a last look into his father’s hating eyes, the boy trudged gloomily inside, and stomped upstairs to his room. 
Nobody understood him, not in the way most teens are misunderstood, but there was definitely something different about him.  An eerie presence in the back of his brain that whispered odd thoughts, noticed weird details unbeknownst by the rest of the world.   
Kessler growled deep in his throat, angry, not only at his peers, his teachers, or his father, but the world.  He was angry at the unfairness that a boy as odd and fearful as he would be ripped from the one person that really cared about him.  His mother.  She was the one person who really understood him, his thoughts, his feelings, and his weirdness.  She had been so accepting and peaceful.  He never understood why she would have married a man such as his father.  He was strict, closed-minded and the most un-creative man you could every meet.
Suddenly distraught, Kessler pulled out the framed picture of his mother from the cupboard beside his bed.  He stared in the eyes that were practically identical to his own.  Her curly, honey-coloured hair fell to her shoulders where it met a funky tie-died t-shirt.  He smile lit any dark space that it touched, for anybody could tell that it was an expression of pure delight.  Despite his anger at her mysterious death, looking at her picture always lifted his spirits.  Feeling slightly better he pulled out his sketchbook and started working on the scene from his daydream earlier that day.

After about half an hour of drawing, the itch came back into his left palm.  He stared at it as the circle reappeared perfectly as if drawn by a compass.  Soon, two lines also began to appear.  The itch became too much to bare and Kessler sprang to the bathroom to find a source of relief to the painful phenomenon.  He sorted frantically through the medicine cabinet and soon pulled out a bottle of calamine lotion.  He slathered the pink liquid all over his palm, and stared in shock as a star appeared inside the circle.
He had seen this mark many times before, and could not dismiss it as a coincidence, due to the perplexing perfection of the pentagram.  The mark of the werewolf was somehow imprinted onto his hand.  Myths and legends were one of Kessler’s many odd interests; he knew that, like in his case, if there was a pentagram on your left hand, you were doomed to become the next victim of the werewolf.   It was ludicrous!  Werewolves weren’t real...at least he hoped so. 
A thought came to his mind, and he again flung himself from the bathroom to his room.  Once there, he grabbed his laptop and quickly brought Google to the screen.  He typed in “Moon Phases” and in a wink had many websites pop up.  He clicked one that seemed promising, and studied the website for a few minutes.  Finally he concluded that the full moon wasn’t for three days but, still nervous about the odd occurrence of the pentagram, resolved to keep inside until his suspension from school was over.

Dreams plagued Kessler that night.  Shivers of gloomy colours ripped to shreds by bloody claws and teeth.  A pentagram looming above it all like a full moon, watching and grinning as Kessler slowly and painfully morphed into a rancid beast.  Kids from his school were pointing and laughing, women and children were screaming and running away.  There was nothing Kessler could do to stop the torment, his spine was cracking and twisting.  He howled in agony.  With this he awoke, soaked in sweat with a ravenous pang in his stomach.
It was six AM Tuesday morning, the boy sighed and slumped into his desk chair when he realized that he couldn’t go to school.  This at first made him happy, but the grim reality soon set in.  He would be marked for years to come, by his peers, by his teachers, and by every citizen in the small and close-knit town.  He would be marked as a trouble maker, a bad kid, the one who went insane after his mother dies.  His glanced at the clock above his bed.  It was now seven, and his father would have finally left for work.  As he trudged downstairs to raid the breakfast cupboard, he thought of his relationship between him and his father.  It had always been strained, but since his mother’s death it had become an all-out war. 
Anything that Kessler did seemed irrational or stupid in his father’s eyes.  In defence, his resentment grew until the two barely spoke.  When they did speak, it was either quiet and polite greetings, or yelling, crying battles. 
Kessler had been so caught up in thinking about his father and munching on his cornflakes that he had completely forgotten about the events of the night before.  He slowly raised his hand to his face, palm down.  He desperately hoped that the pentagram would have disappeared.  That it had merely been a drowsy nightmare of the early cycles of sleep.  As he flipped his palm over, he gasped, for what had once been a mere red, irritated mark had turned glistening silver! 
The lighting in the perfect kitchen was astoundingly bad, so he ran back upstairs at full speed to the washroom, flicked on the light, and blinked as the mark dazzled his eyes.  It no longer was puffing out either; it now was a gleaming silver valley taking up the space of his whole palm.  Fighting back panic, the boy hurriedly switched on his computer.  Again he brought Google onto the screen and searched for information about the pentagram.
Most people seemed to think that the pentagram was a symbol of the elements and great power.  Soon, he came across more people who believed that the association of pentagrams with werewolves was purely a Hollywood myth.  After five pages of Google, the boy came across a promising site.  It was called The Werewolf Cafe.

#18 2009-03-25 06:20:14

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

oooohh!!cafe big_smile

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#19 2009-03-25 11:08:41

Vancariad

YEah, it's not gunna play a huge part in the story.  It's just gunna give hime some info.  Anybody want to give him a username though?

#20 2009-03-25 22:38:57

Goldie

how about, "Wolfen unbeliever" or "Kesslerboom" ?

#21 2009-03-25 22:44:15

Vancariad

I'll definately keep those in mind!

Board footer