The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-07 00:18:26

neroxtreme1380

I'm looking for a Book

I'm looking for a book I read as a child, probably 8-10 years ago. I believe it was called, rather aptly, "Werewolf." It was part of a series based on all the classic movie monsters (Vampire, Mummy etc.) It had all kinds of werewolf trivia and mythology and stuff alongside the story, and even an interesting bit about viking berserkers.

The story started with an old man telling his grandchildren a story, and in the story the main character's name is Bernard. He is walking into a town (in the 1800's era-ish) from very far away, when he's attacked. he becomes a werewolf, and falls in love with a woman whose name I forget. He gets his hand cut off whilst attacking someone, and wakes up and find that he's missing his hand, and it wasn't all a dream. Story continues, but I don't feel like typing it all here.

It's your standard werewolf fare, nothing too amazing, but it was what made me become so obsessed with the werewolf mythos. It was also the first time I ever said "HOLY CRAP!" at something I'd read. If anyone has it, or can let me know where to find it, please let me know.

#2 2009-03-25 17:50:13

TheWolf

Re: I'm looking for a Book

Not 100% certain, but the only set of books that I know of that were written in a series like that were written by Bill Pronzini, and werewolf was indeed the name of the book for werewolves. The only story I remember that dealt with vikings was "White Fell". One of the better stories in the book. Hope this helped...

I am Leloo, The Wolf
The Merciless, The Wolf

Board footer