The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-22 18:52:32

Cratys
Website

To be part of the pack.

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of therians who stick together and form a pack, or pack-like bond. I wish I could meet other wolves like me and join a pack, anything from real people to an online pack. And I mean a real one that operates like a family. I mean..being a lone wolf, just one therian surrounded by my human and vampire friends gets a little lonely. I want to be with my own kind. Sorry to be melodramatic but just wondering.

#2 2008-10-23 00:13:14

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: To be part of the pack.

Sure - only they don't usually call themselves a pack - it's the same thing though.

The Therians I know tend to 'pack up' anyway. I live alone because I'm in a good situation in Selma that I can't conscientiously dump. And what Werewolf in their right mind is going to move to Selma? The ones who live here now were born here. And I came down here because my job was here. When I retire, I may find a group that wouldn't mind having an ooooooold Wolf around.

smile

BTW, it's pretty common for Therians to think they're alone until they find out one day that there are Therians all over the place.

#3 2008-10-25 23:33:03

WolfVanZandt
Website

Lobo, I think you need to be careful in a predominantly Catholic country. That might be why you don't know too many Werewolves around - they don't want to be open about it.

I would be very uneasy being known as a Werewolf in a Roman Catholic or a Islamic country.

#4 2008-10-29 21:22:31

milana
Website

Yeah, with the way the US is you wouldn't think 62% (or is it 63%? Where is my US History prof. when I need him?) officially identify as Roman Catholic.

I'm part of a pack. A very small, very bizarre pack. For the most part, it merely exists as a support system for when I need someone to lean on or visa-versa. I'm the only "therian" in the pack. The one who took what is usually called the alpha role is a shifter (or poly-morph). Her twin brother is a dragon and the other member is a psychic vampire.

There's nothing that can't be cured by chocolate. Unless you're craving calamari.

My Triond.

#5 2008-11-14 20:43:20

Cratys
Website

No I meant serious people, none of those stupid posers. There is one thereian on the site thats told me he's even in the same state as me. You could call my current friends a pack, but I meant other therians. And please, no one twist my words to make it even remotely seem like I'm looking for new friends just because I believe I'm therian. I just want to meet others and join their "family" of sorts...and learn about them and thus myself.

#6 2009-01-07 04:52:02

skinwalker
Website

all i know here in the indy area its harder than anything to find people who are thereians. i occasionally have a susspission about people but never really know. if i did find out that there are any in my area i would like to hang out with them and maybe joining or making a "pack". at least thats my thought

You know what 'FEAR' stands for? It stands for 'False Evidence Appearing Real.' It's the darkroom where Satan develops his negatives.

#7 2009-01-08 22:36:31

Vince, the 3rd

i think they're called covens or something...

"Even a man who is pure in heart,
will become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
and the autumn moon is bright."

#8 2009-01-08 23:05:31

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hmmm.....it wouldn't surprise me to find some Therian constellations that call themselves "covens" but it's not a general term used by Therians. I don't know of a Therian group that calls itself a coven. In fact, I don't know that there is a conventional name for a stable group of Therians. I've heard pack, werehouse, family, roommates - I just call them a constellation.

#9 2009-01-09 08:22:51

WolfMontana

Oooh, a 'stable' of therians! There ya go! big_smile wink

Better yet, a 'conundrum' of therians! Perfect! tongue big_smile

Okie, I shaddap.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#10 2009-01-10 01:12:38

WolfVanZandt
Website

Stable is good if they're equines. Conundrum fits us all.

smile

#11 2011-02-20 00:54:09

skinwalker
Website

a stable of therians. isnt that like saying a truthful politician

You know what 'FEAR' stands for? It stands for 'False Evidence Appearing Real.' It's the darkroom where Satan develops his negatives.

#12 2011-02-20 01:44:14

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Ok...
1. This topic is from 2009.  It is several YEARS old.  Please don't revive old topics unless you have something to contribute to them.
2. Your post makes no sense, therefore, it is dumb.

Edit: better yet: this belongs in the Therianthropy section.  Move it Random!

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2011-02-20 01:45:18)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#13 2011-02-20 06:52:56

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I've never seen so much thread necroing on a forum. It's crazy.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#14 2011-03-07 17:04:23

CassieRose
Website

I feel the same, except I don't know any vampires >.<

#15 2011-06-13 13:22:44

Mercader

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Lobo, I think you need to be careful in a predominantly Catholic country. That might be why you don't know too many Werewolves around - they don't want to be open about it.

I would be very uneasy being known as a Werewolf in a Roman Catholic or a Islamic country.

I used to live in a Catholic town. Now my mom is remarrying and the guys whole family is PURE catholic and I mean PURE. One of them teaches at a church. When i first found out i was like 0_o (really?)
Once i even shifted at their house. One of the girls(younger ones like 9-12) and I picked up my head from my pillow and looked at her it the doorway. She darted out of the room after seeing me. I thought she was playing a game to be sneaky and scare me but later during breakfast she told me she ran out of the room because she got scared of me because she said my head looked like a wolf or a fox to her.(the rest of my body was under the covers) and she has never heard of me talking about werewolves or anything supernatural.

Do you have any advice for me to stay hidden more?

#16 2011-06-13 14:23:07

lupinealchemist

Mercader wrote:

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I used to live in a Catholic town. Now my mom is remarrying and the guys whole family is PURE catholic and I mean PURE. One of them teaches at a church. When i first found out i was like 0_o (really?)
Once i even shifted at their house. One of the girls(younger ones like 9-12) and I picked up my head from my pillow and looked at her it the doorway. She darted out of the room after seeing me. I thought she was playing a game to be sneaky and scare me but later during breakfast she told me she ran out of the room because she got scared of me because she said my head looked like a wolf or a fox to her.(the rest of my body was under the covers) and she has never heard of me talking about werewolves or anything supernatural.

Do you have any advice for me to stay hidden more?

What possibly happened was your aura changed shape and she could see it. I believe that children are easily influenced by spiritual things.

#17 2011-06-13 18:58:39

WolfVanZandt
Website

I've had that happen before. Usually, that kind of thing doesn't stick. In a couple of days, she won't even remember that it happened. If she does, you might consider that she's sensitive or else a Therian, herself. People usually ned up explaining that kind of experience away. "Normal" people don't see people with a wolf's head so it must have been imagination.

#18 2011-06-15 00:15:37

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

lupinealchemist wrote:

I believe that children are easily influenced by spiritual things.

I don't. >:|

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#19 2011-06-15 10:25:23

lupinealchemist

SherlawkDragon wrote:

lupinealchemist wrote:

I believe that children are easily influenced by spiritual things.

I don't. >neutral

How have you been lately? smile

#20 2011-06-15 11:06:53

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

Topic please.

#21 2011-07-20 17:06:23

Night_Lycan

http://www.bing.com/

hey i recently became aware of my lycan abilities and ive started my pack, click, or group. whatever you decide. what seperates us from humans

"Anger is just Sadness in disguise."- Cameron O'Quinn

#22 2011-07-21 01:14:43

walkingintheshadows
Website

Night_Lycan wrote:

http://www.bing.com/

hey i recently became aware of my lycan abilities and ive started my pack, click, or group. whatever you decide. what seperates us from humans

Lycan abilities? Seperates us from humans? We are human.... Thats a bit like saying people with Gender Dysphoria aren't human.

#23 2011-07-21 04:15:38

ShadowTrail

Night_Lycan wrote:

hey i recently became aware of my lycan abilities

Hello there. What kind of  abilites you have? Tell us more
Also please reconsider usage of "lycan" word. i know plenty of people that going berserk when somebody use them (Lycan are fictional were race from Underworld movies)

Night_Lycan wrote:

what seperates us from humans

Is that a statement or a question? What separete you from humans, because most of them lives in pack anyway (family, interest clubs, friends are all sort of pack with internal hierarchy and rules)

btw walkingintheshadows > i have Species Dysphoria and seriously dont consider myself "human"
Please answer that: is woman with gender dysphoria a woman or a man? And is her body important for determining her gender?

#24 2011-07-21 11:19:11

walkingintheshadows
Website

ShadowTrail wrote:

btw walkingintheshadows > i have Species Dysphoria and seriously dont consider myself "human"
Please answer that: is woman with gender dysphoria a woman or a man? And is her body important for determining her gender?

Sorry, I guess personally i just think of someone with species dysphoria as human, just with an inner theriotype. I never really thought about it much. Probably just me, thinking about myself, I would always consider myself half and half, split personality at the same time or something.

#25 2011-07-21 15:38:16

Night_Lycan

Thats resonable... however more therians would consider themselves more anamalistic than human. and ive never seen "underworld" i use lycan based on the medical diagnosis term lycanthropy in a sense meaning werewolf personality or wolf based charateristics and to answer the question about my abilities. i have s-shifting and m-shifting down. but an involuntary p-shift occurs my teeth literaly sharpen (i have photos and id be glad to E-mail them when i can. they come from a camera flip phone and ill text them directly from my phone so it automatically dismisses digital editing.) i suprised my girlfreind when she whispered+something+to+my+brother+from+at+the+very+least+75+ft+away+when+they+might+as+well+have+been+next+to+me.+i+repeated+every+word+flawlessly.+i+asked+her+why+her+heart+was+beating+so+fast+and+she+asked+me+how+i+knew+that+i+could+faintly+hear+that+as+well.+my+sight+is+perfect+in+pitch+black+night.+my+strength+and+speed+are+increased+dramatically.+and+it+took+about+3+days+for+the+headaches+to+stop+and+my+"abilities"+to+reach+a+climax+before+coming+to+an+abrupt+end+a+day+later.

"Anger is just Sadness in disguise."- Cameron O'Quinn

Board footer