The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-24 23:52:24

Fang87

The Talisman- by Stephen King and Peter Straub

One of King's lesser known fantasy titles but a good book nonetheless. The only problem with the book is that it gets a little crazy at times but as a dark fantasy it really pulls you in.

Werewolves definitely have a main presence in the book with one of the main characters being one. Long story-short: in a world separate from our own werewolves are protectors, guides, and interestingly enough....sheep herders.  This is only one aspect of the books setting.

Its mainly about a boy named Jack who must travel to same-said world to save our own from his evil "uncle" - who happens to be corrupting most of the werewolves there. As the story develops Jack solicits the help of a young werewolf named...well...Wolf. Despite the cliche name, Wolf is one of the best  characters I've read in story as of recent - he's not terribly complex but he sets up for moments both comedic and suspenseful (like during a full moon).

That aside, there is a goat monster, vampire knights, and a giant worm monster (goes back to how crazy the book gets sometimes).

"It's like a party in my mouth except everyone's throwing-up." Fry - Futurama

#2 2008-10-25 09:49:09

Daninsky
Website

Re: The Talisman- by Stephen King and Peter Straub

Heck, sounds like I have to give The Talisman a second try.
If only I could get used to Peter Straub.

Call no man happy 'til he dies

Board footer