The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2005-06-15 18:29:36

slave2moonlight
Website

Re: Secrets of being a werewolf...first hand

WinterMoon wrote:

i know this is rather a personal question but doesn't anyone get like a mate for survival instinct. I do quite well holding it back but it might just be me. And i have realised that me and my were friends are always faster. My quick and easy method of finding weres is, when they are running or going at a kind of trot, look to see if they are standing right on their toes. Nonweres always have a tendency to hit their heels on the floor first, but it slows them down dramaticcaly. Plus, lots of weres move their spines in time to their running, so they tend to move their heads backwards and forwards. It does absorb a lot more shock and the running-on-toes thing gives a lot more power and speed to running. (phew long post)

Wintermoon, that was not a long post, ha. I'm not sure what you're saying about a mate, but you're totally right about running on your toes (so to speak, or, in other words, staying off your heels. It definitely makes you go faster!

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#27 2005-06-15 20:18:00

WolfVanZandt
Website

Army, I was born in 1953 - I don't know if I could write a brief bio.

I was born in south Florida but grew up mostly in Lagrange, Georgia and Valley, Alabama. The people around me were tolerant of a significant amonts of strangeness so I didn't really have much trouble interacting with others as I grew up (at least, not because I was a Werewolf - I was a bit of a wimp in grade and high school and was picked on a lot - but then, as they say in Monty Python and the Holy Grail - "I got better" Heh). I graduated high school in 1971 and went to Auburn University in 1973. I started out in pharmacy school. I was actually planning to get a double major (pharmacy/psychology) because I was very interested in brain physiology and I figured the pharmacy would give me a good physiological foundation in less time than medical school. I completed all but 2 quarters of Pharmacy school but there was a series of courses (pharmaceutrical chemistry) that was killing my gradepoint average and I decided that, if I didn't transfer while I could, I wouldn't be able to - so I transfered into psychology and got a bachelor degree.

When I got an invite to the Master's program in reabilitation, I jumped at it because psychology is way to segmented for me. I'm very eclectic in my approach and rehabilitation fit the bill - so I went through the MAster's program - except I didn't complete my research project. Since I already had the career I wanted, I let the Master's degree go.

I knew that I was very different early on but I didn't realize that I was anything like a Werewolf until high school. Actually, something happened to me that I have since found to be pretty common among Were-predators. I went trough a herbavore stage. I was a Werehorse for about half a year, then my wolf side developed and remained stable.

Like many Weres, I figured that I was just strange for most of my life. I wrote a poem cycle around 1075 for a college literary group I was in called Dreams and Confessions of a Functional Werewolf. In 1999, I was looking for wolf pictures for my office computer when I ran into Snow Wolf's site. We started communicating (he's the first Werewolf I ever talked to - that I knew of). I attended the NCY2K Howl and celebrated the new millenium with the Were Community. Since then I've been very active in the Therian Community and currently, I organize events for the Southeastern Therian Community. I also advocate for the Therian Community.

I've found Selma to be open to Therians and I'm very much known to be a Werewolf here. The fact that I'm also a civic activist, volunteer in many areas, am a professional, and evangelist makes me a pretty natural bridge between Therian society and mainstream humanity.

I try to be a resource for the Therian Community and have a lot of professional contacts in politics (yech), law,(double yech) religion, and science that can be used from time to time.

And the Southeast Therian Community is a great bunch of Weres so I'm actually having a blast out of life.

#28 2005-06-15 20:26:24

WolfVanZandt
Website

I was a "heel striker" for a long time until I realized that walking and runinng on my toes prevented me from turning my ankles (which I did a lot). By the way, watch Weres go up stairs - that's when you can often really see them come up on their toes. But then again, that's a little too much of a generalization because there's a lot of Weres out there that haven't figured it out yet. I've also noticed that Weres tend to put a lot more of their body into walking and they often look like they're always "looking for something". I'v ehad a lot of people mention that I always seem to be "casting about" for something. I think that's probably because we tend to always be trying to take in as much of our environment as we can.

#29 2005-06-15 20:30:39

WolfVanZandt
Website

As far as mates are concerned, on the average, Weres seem to be much less driven sexually and much less promiscuous than the average mainstream human. There are certainly exceptions - I know a couple of Weres who have a predigious history of "sexual conquests" but one is an alcoholic and the other is - well, different. Still, we have a lot of normal variation and I would be surprised if there were not at least some highly sexed Weres out there - they just seem to be pretty rare.

#30 2005-06-15 23:44:52

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

i agree with that sex drive notion completely,ive alwasy been driven to a single person until that moment of toal loss, which i mope ans sulk, eventually returning to the search, though its been 6 years since the start of this latest relationship, with one of us at that...im so happy about it every single day of my life

Author of Blood Bounty, Wolf's Release V2, Man Eaters (incomplete), Aaliyah (in progress), Offer (short story), Hide (short story, published in Wizard), writer for an upcoming webcomic/graphic novel series featuring Aaliyah. 

One of these days I'm going to solicit my work for publishing, it's just that my work is pure and a publishing company needs to be reasonable with content editing...

#31 2005-06-16 19:26:31

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, that sorta makes life more pleasant.

smile

#32 2005-06-16 19:52:22

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

yea it does, it really does, being able t share good and bad...

Author of Blood Bounty, Wolf's Release V2, Man Eaters (incomplete), Aaliyah (in progress), Offer (short story), Hide (short story, published in Wizard), writer for an upcoming webcomic/graphic novel series featuring Aaliyah. 

One of these days I'm going to solicit my work for publishing, it's just that my work is pure and a publishing company needs to be reasonable with content editing...

#33 2005-06-19 09:32:14

WinterMoon

As for the whole running thing again. Does anyone seem to realise that we have certain paces as well. Like walk trot slow run, run and fast run. I dunno about anyone else but i do. It actually saves a lot of energy.

Eat to live but enjoy the hunt.

Proud to be female.

#34 2005-06-19 12:17:52

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

saving energy isnt something im concerned with day to day but distance...yea i know all about that, i compete in triathlons, im not a strong swimmer so i spend the ride portion blazing by ppl to catch up again

#35 2005-06-19 12:40:54

WinterMoon

Coolies, quick and good feedback! The thing with saving energy, i meant as in for endurance racing and stuff like that, not nessercarily as a day to day thing. But it's nice to know theres someone who knows what i'm talking about.

Eat to live but enjoy the hunt.

Proud to be female.

#36 2005-06-19 14:24:21

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

yea i hear that, yes i run on my toes i cant hep it, yes i swagger in my gate, walking and running, it helps keep momentum so my muscles dont work as hard through range of motion... im by far faster than anyone who doesnt religiously run, and i really dont more than 40 or 50 miles a week

#37 2005-06-19 17:00:29

The Busboy
Administrator

Wow, very cool AGW.

#38 2005-06-20 12:30:36

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

i recently started swim training...should greatly improve my full body muscular endurance

#39 2005-06-20 15:23:29

The Busboy
Administrator

Army Grey Wolf wrote:

i recently started swim training...should greatly improve my full body muscular endurance

Good luck to you with all that, you sound very motivated, are you doing a competition?  for the military?  If you are, when is it?  or is it more for fun and health reasons?

#40 2005-06-20 16:27:12

chaos werewolf

hey army grey sorry bout what happened. i am meriksena@yahoo.com. i should have asked permission to add u 2 my buddy list.

- Merik Wolf
~~~~~the only thing i worry about is how bothersome life's annoyances are, well, whatever at least i get to have some fun in living~~~~~

#41 2005-06-20 16:33:24

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

more for fun, and yes its a post thing, we compterte unit against unit, i took second overall last time and our unit took first

#42 2005-06-20 17:01:01

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

i suppose i should get into pack territory now...i was going to earlier but got sidetracked... anyhow

I'm the alpha for my pack, we are located in baton rouge, 7 of us yes i know that is rather small, but i feel we are very effective...Anyhow I "control" everything in Louisiana West of the mississippi, also I hold my birth land in wisconsin, you may not know me as i just recently took this position, some of us are military others are not...but we all live around here, I'm also looking into the rest of Loiusiana, but need to get into contact with anyone who might have objections to that, if you are living in the designated territory and would like to be in our pack, please feel free to contact me...i dont bite, i wont drive you out if you dont, but cause trouble and bad things will happen...

#43 2005-06-20 18:15:29

The Busboy
Administrator

Army Grey Wolf wrote:

more for fun, and yes its a post thing, we compterte unit against unit, i took second overall last time and our unit took first

Wow, sounds like you do very well with all that.

#44 2005-06-20 18:20:30

The Busboy
Administrator

Army Grey Wolf wrote:

i suppose i should get into pack territory now...i was going to earlier but got sidetracked... anyhow

I'm the alpha for my pack, we are located in baton rouge, 7 of us yes i know that is rather small, but i feel we are very effective...Anyhow I "control" everything in Louisiana West of the mississippi, also I hold my birth land in wisconsin, you may not know me as i just recently took this position, some of us are military others are not...but we all live around here, I'm also looking into the rest of Loiusiana, but need to get into contact with anyone who might have objections to that, if you are living in the designated territory and would like to be in our pack, please feel free to contact me...i dont bite, i wont drive you out if you dont, but cause trouble and bad things will happen...

What does being in your pack entail?  What's involved?  What do you all do?  What defines "cause trouble"?  Just wondering what that all means.  Interesting how there are a lot of people on this site from Texas, then seems like Louisiana and/or Illinois. then like Ohio, interesting.

#45 2005-06-20 20:24:22

WolfVanZandt
Website

Gracious! That's a large territoryy for a pack of 7. There's probably 500 to 1000 Weres in Louisiana. Quite a lot of them are very satisfied with their local constrellation. You folks are in my Howl range so why don't you attend a Howl and get to know some of the others in the area? I'm an advocate of Weres and am very concerned for their well being.

#46 2005-06-20 22:05:12

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

i know how many are in louisiana, and theat number is severley inflated, try about 45... maybe

that fall under my territory, new orleaans harbors many more...and i dont go into that area, as its not mine... they may not be pack in my area, but they are friend, and i meet more in baton rouge all the time..greg keeps an eye on baton rouge, as he lives there...

as for trouble, well too much flash for one, anything to put us in the spotlight is bad

wisconsin is inherited territory from my grandfather, i have no choice

thing is im always open to more members, currently we try to get together and get updates on things, have a big ol supper, some get drunk, others continue on with business... anytime one of us needs something, mnoney, help, anything, the others are there, its a very very good system, ive provided places to stay, money, etc.. not a problem, the pack is one hell of a safety net if you get into trouble...law, money or otherwise

Last edited by Army Grey Wolf (2005-06-20 22:09:11)

#47 2005-06-20 23:24:35

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

i stay connected thorugh dreamshifts as much as possible, just keep an eye on things

#48 2005-06-21 06:27:11

Cassandra

so how do you get woken up then? im all the way in south africa so this could be hard! :-)

i have noticed alot of things about myself that are written about on this site....so anyone who could help, it would be much appreciated

#49 2005-06-21 08:53:14

The Busboy
Administrator

Hi Cassandra!  Welcome to the site here, I saw you joined the other day and saw you were from South Africa, how cool, welcome and enjoy the site!

#50 2005-06-21 11:58:18

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

cassandra, if you wish msg me on yahoo, army_greywolf

i can help you, but i need to know a few things about you

Board footer