The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#51 2005-06-21 19:13:16

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Secrets of being a werewolf...first hand

Hmmmm.....49 doesn't sound like that many. There's very likely around 1000 in Alabama. The problem is that 90% or more of them aren't on the Internet - aren't directly associated with the Were Community. A lot of them don't even know they're Were.

Well, if you mean by "flash" that stinker that A&M did as a promotion for Underworld - then I don't mind you doing something about that. If you mean public exposure - you're way too late. There's already been several documentaries done on us. Luckily, they weren't all stinkers. Still we'd best start managing image instead of trying to keep our secret - the secret's out.

"thing is im always open to more members, currently we try to get together and get updates on things, have a big ol supper, some get drunk, others continue on with business... anytime one of us needs something, mnoney, help, anything, the others are there, its a very very good system, ive provided places to stay, money, etc.. not a problem, the pack is one hell of a safety net if you get into trouble...law, money or otherwise"

Well, that pretty much sounds like the whole Were Community and I'm glad that you have a servants mind - that's the only way I know to rise as an Alpha.

Drunk Weres??!? Yow! Most of the Weres I know are pretty moderate. It's hard enough to keep them from jumping off cliffs for fun as it is - a can't imagine trying to carry out a Howl with a bunch of drunk Weres!

smile

Most of the Weres I know (and I'm international) are rather adverse to Alphas "possessing" territories (in fact, most of them don't like the term "alpha" one bit although it's not primarily a "wolf/Werewolf" term) but there could be a lot of things worse than a Werewolf that wants to serve the Were Community. If you're as beneficial as you claim to be, you get my support - at least in being beneficial. I'm not the political type so, I'm not going to help much with you consolidating territory.

I'm an old wolf in the community so if you need anything or if you're in the neighborhood - give me a ring.

#52 2005-06-21 21:48:21

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

louisiana is hostile...thats the reason to stick together...my experience makes me good at protection.

Author of Blood Bounty, Wolf's Release V2, Man Eaters (incomplete), Aaliyah (in progress), Offer (short story), Hide (short story, published in Wizard), writer for an upcoming webcomic/graphic novel series featuring Aaliyah. 

One of these days I'm going to solicit my work for publishing, it's just that my work is pure and a publishing company needs to be reasonable with content editing...

#53 2005-06-21 21:49:02

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

our numbers arent close to that worldwide

actually in terms of weres there are in my opinion to major types...spiritual..and the physical/spiritual

im the latter, forced on me from childhood, ive known my whole liefe, im descendant of a norse clan, from the norwegian coastline...My grandfather stressed the importance of protection and packs and territory, not so much as territory waht you think, but the area which im designated to watch over...not control...

this is how i live, there may be many many weres in louisiana, but im only concerned with the hereditary, there is a group in baton rouge that has caught my attention recently, doing things that id like to talk personally to you about...if you dont mind

Last edited by Army Grey Wolf (2005-06-21 21:54:54)

Author of Blood Bounty, Wolf's Release V2, Man Eaters (incomplete), Aaliyah (in progress), Offer (short story), Hide (short story, published in Wizard), writer for an upcoming webcomic/graphic novel series featuring Aaliyah. 

One of these days I'm going to solicit my work for publishing, it's just that my work is pure and a publishing company needs to be reasonable with content editing...

#54 2005-06-22 18:42:19

WolfVanZandt
Website

Best I can tell, the Weres I'm talking about are physical (or, at least, physiological) and they were such from birth. I, personally, believe that Therianthropy (Wereism) is genetic.

And I'll be glad to discuss things. I've changed my email address in my profile to the one that I generally check every weekday. The other one - I only see it about once a week if that much.

#55 2005-06-22 21:30:37

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

can you hit me up on yahoo messenger? army_greywolf, ive got something you need to here and i can really speak it on here ok WVZ, ill tell you why there arent nearly as many as it is believed, or "known"  there is a reason to have inflated numbers...

actually i dont doubt there to be a good number of therians, but descendants of clans is the less likely, genetics can be spread with time likea nything else so those numbers probably arent inflated, but if you'd like some answers there i things id like to tell you

Last edited by Army Grey Wolf (2005-06-22 21:46:49)

#56 2005-06-23 19:05:20

WolfVanZandt
Website

Right now, the only easy access to the Internet I have is my office computer and I really don't want to risk the (considerable) latitude they give me by using an instant messanger on it.

As for the number of Weres in the US, that's not numbers I got from elsewhere. I'm very involved with the Were Community and have checked the numbers out in Alabama.

Now, I know that there are a lot of RPGers and people that just want to be Weres (when they're not) and various other non-Were Weres but it's really hard to tell if a person is or isn't over the Internet (for me anyway) But we're only talking about 0.03% of the population and that isn't a very large section.

Anyway, the cities that I've actually had the opportunity to check out has pretty consistently maintained about 0.03% Were populations so I suspect that the proportion extends on out across the US (because population to local rates are pretty constant on other platforms (such as the Internet).

#57 2005-06-23 19:19:03

WolfVanZandt
Website

As for clans, they pretty much proliferated during the early Middle Ages. Most were lost during the Inquisition but even those are waking up again. I've been gauging "Wereness" in the Therians I know and clan decendency doesn't seem to have much of a relationship to degree of Wereness. It actually looks like the main factor is willingness to let go of their "human-side". A !lot! of Weres are afraid of their Were-side.

It also strikes me that there are a lot of Weres that are not affiliated simply because they are suspicious, not only of nonWeres, but also of other Weres.

#58 2005-06-23 21:19:45

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

that would be me...im paranoid if you should feel the need to say such...

im curious though if you have knowledge of history in the norse region, why we weer dorve there and what happened after the supposed drop off of our existance

#59 2005-06-27 20:43:45

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, Herodotus said that a plague of snakes drove us out of our homeland into northern Europe.

The thing about it, I don't think we declined until the 15th century and that was the Inquisition that did it. Even in the very later 1600s Theiss reported intense Werewolf activity in northern Europe as protectors of humanity (not the later Lycanthropic psychosis that people point to as "historical lycanthropy"). Our history through much of Europe was expunged in the later Middle Ages by the church (it exists in eastern Europe, Celtic Europe, and northern Europe where the Catholic church never got a strong foothold.) We were some of the earliest Protestants. In brief, we were a danger to the Catholic Church politically; therefore, we had to go.

What few of us (in Europe, anyway) survived, intentionally repressed our Wereism (for survival) to the point that our Were nature virtually died out. We are only very recently (in historical terms) "waking up" again and I have to feel that there's a reason for that.

#60 2005-06-27 23:32:09

JamieD

survival of the fittest?

ask not for whom the bell tolls....it tolls for thee.

#61 2005-06-28 00:51:37

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

now your referring to therians or the bloodline.. i know its corny but i dont know how else to refer it.. se i know that to this day im hunted, not so actively as the "good ol days" but just the same... so thats why i ask about the norse, its where im from not me personally but my grandfather.  He's so much more knowledgable on these things than you can possibly imagine.. i just wish i had a way to reach him, he lives so far up north in wisconsin he doesnt even bother with a phone

#62 2005-06-28 19:22:22

WolfVanZandt
Website

I doubt if there's any real difference between the bloodline and the Therians (or, at least the Therians that show physiological signs of being Therian). If family pedigree has been lost by some - the way our history was wrecked by the Inquisition, it's hardly surprising. I sense very little difference among Therians as to their "wereness".

I'm very aware that there are a lot of people that just want to be Werewolves so badly that they convince themselves that they are Werewolves - but I don't call them Therians. Nor do I know of any Therians in real life that would be confused on the issue.

As for the different ways that Weres shift - I can't sense a difference in Wereness among the ones that have different kinds of shifts. I suspect that all the shifts exist in all Therians - they just arent always actuallized.

As for pedigree, I'm a Sahn, descended from Siegfried and I don't sense more or less kinship for any particular Therian. I do think that some families produce Therians more often than others - perhaps complex recessivism and distance from the source has something to do with it.

I suspect that all Therians are derived from the Scythian Neuri, regardless. Tracing Wereism back through history, it looks like it all converges in that part of the world.

Actually, if you're from the Norse, classically, there was a major migration but then there were individual dispersers that migrated to northern Europe later. The line that produced the Sahns likely migrated out of Neuria before the great migration but arrived in northwestern Europe via the Dacian migrations much later. In fact, the original settlers and the newer Volsungs seemed to be rather antagonistic to each other. So there are likely several lines of Werewolves from northern Europe.

#63 2005-06-28 19:24:09

WolfVanZandt
Website

BTW, if you're from the Norse, you're probably not Cajun? There are several Loup-garou down your way.

#64 2005-06-28 23:13:31

Speedbump

How many Cajun werewolves do you know, WVZ?
I'm curious about the density of my region.

#65 2005-06-29 13:05:09

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

i know a few... no im Norse, not cajun, but hey...

hey speed, where do you live, im right here on the only post in LA you?

i make regular trips to Baton Rouge, as that is where most of us are, some of us arent true residents and i sort of fell into this position, MY REAL TERRITORY is Wisconsin, my home...always will be.  Hmm i can think of over a dozen in baton rouge, a few right where i am, and to my knowledge several scattered in the middle of nowhere throughout this state, if you'd lie to meet us anytime, feel free...im always around, and like meet and greets.

#66 2005-06-29 13:16:01

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

yes i agree there may be MANY MANY more than 49, but i booked it at that as that is who has come to me, or i know of around here, there are more who are quiet for one, dont know what or who they are, or just plain rather hide from me! hehe

#67 2005-06-29 13:19:29

NinjaWolf

Hiding from you? Keeping quiet? Better safe than sorry, I suppose... wink

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#68 2005-06-29 13:50:54

Speedbump

I'm over in Lafayette.

#69 2005-06-29 19:33:42

WolfVanZandt
Website

I don't know any of the Cajun Werewolves - I've just been told of them by my Cajun friends and some of the Texas Weres.

Actually, considering that both Mississippi and Louisiana are in my Howl region, I have never had a Mississippian or Louisianan at a SEHowl (except one and he has moved to Texas). I really hope that will change pretty soon.

Y'know, thinking  back to when I worked the barges and before I knew that there were Weres other than myself, I had a Cajun friend from Louisiana. It wouldn't surprise me if he is a Werebear.

#70 2005-06-29 19:35:03

chaos werewolf

wvz get on yahoo

- Merik Wolf
~~~~~the only thing i worry about is how bothersome life's annoyances are, well, whatever at least i get to have some fun in living~~~~~

#71 2005-06-29 19:37:05

WolfVanZandt
Website

Army, I wouldn't mind taking a trip over to Baton Rouge (I used to have friends in Rosedale) and meet you folks. It's well within  my weekend travel range. But it'll have to wait until I can work out my most current financial problems.

#72 2005-06-29 20:55:38

The Busboy
Administrator

Army Grey Wolf wrote:

MY REAL TERRITORY is Wisconsin, my home...always will be.

Where in Wisconsin?  I go to Wisconsin for vacation sometimes?  I've been to the Northwoods quite a few times.

#73 2005-06-29 22:30:46

Speedbump

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Actually, considering that both Mississippi and Louisiana are in my Howl region, I have never had a Mississippian or Louisianan at a SEHowl (except one and he has moved to Texas). I really hope that will change pretty soon.

I hope to be in attendance for one soon, pending the wrath of the car trouble gods.

#74 2005-06-29 22:42:55

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

im good with cars, bet i could work it out for you

i am a mechanic after all...just hollar and i can make the trip over on my way to baton rouge should the problem not upset the trip more than an afternoon

Last edited by Army Grey Wolf (2005-06-29 22:48:19)

#75 2005-06-30 02:52:12

Speedbump

Heh, well what happened is that I had already taken the week off to try and go hang out for the SEHowl a few months ago. I took my car in early that week to make sure it was travel-ready and ended up needing around $600+ worth of repairs. So my car is back in good condition, but I blew any travel money I had saved up. sad

But I do appreciate the offer for anything like that in the future. I never really did get along well with mechanical things.

Board footer