The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#126 2011-02-08 17:48:20

lupinealchemist

Re: Secrets of being a werewolf...first hand

SherlawkDragon wrote:

wolfie306 wrote:

one wuestion, would there be any were in Queensland Australia? i match some ur conditions,

lupinealchemist wrote:

Interesting, more than half the traits WVZ posted fits me like a glove.

No.  Stop.
Van Zandt makes a lot of weird studies about the genetics and physical traits of weres and all that, and those have results more or less, but that doesn't make them any sort of "Therian Checklist".  Therianthropy is not about physical traits, it's about mental, emotional, and spiritual ones.

I don't really believe genetics are a base factor for therianthropy. I just found the posted traits to be an odd coincidence.

#127 2011-02-09 06:37:06

Moonlit Hunter

I always find it amusing when random threads from SIX YEARS AGO pop back up. It's interesting to read the beginning posts because I try to pick out differences in overall opinons and how things are approached over time. Between then and now, and ect. Since I wasn't aware that there was a therian community in 2005, the only real resource I have on how things were then are old forum posts and things that people say about what they remember.

And granted, six years really isn't all that long. But people learn and grow very quickly sometimes, and the internet as a medium seems to accelerate that process.

Since this thread randomly popped up again, I figured I would put in something.

My blood type is AB. It is not negative. I am the only person in my family that has my blood type, but to my knowledge no one in my family has a negative blood type.

I have never noticed or been told of my eyes changing color. My eyes are considered very striking, however, by a lot of people. They are a very pale shade of blue or green - it is hard to tell which for me, and everyone I know has a different opinion on it. But I have several times had experiences in which someone would stop dead in their tracks and go, "Wow..." just from the sight of my eyes. As far as I am concerned, that has nothing to do with therianthropy. It is probably because of the color. And it happens far less when I wear my glasses.

I suffer from asthma, chronic ear infections or ear pain, allergies, and sinus issues due to the allergies. When I get sick, it is either a respitory or an ENT (ear, nose, throat) related issue. Otherwise, I just don't get sick. I have never had the flu, for example. I've never gotten food poisoning. I have been exposed to plenty of illnesses that I just don't catch. I have all of my vaccinations, just to point that out, including the chicken pox vaccine. I got that one after having babysat two little kids that had chicken pox for two nights straight. I never came down with it, but it scared my mom enough to take me to get vaccinated. Not for my benefit, mind you - she didn't want me infecting one of my brothers if I happened to babysit a sick child again.

There are other things that have been said that I can relate to, but I tend to be more of the opinion that physiological similarities are only important in the sense that it seems kinda interesting and something fun to look into. But on the scale of things that really matter... nah. I think how you interact with people and how your mindset plays out is far more important.

#128 2011-05-10 01:37:53

walkingintheshadows
Website

Well, i have no idea what my blood type is, i will look it up. I think i might be AB like you Moonlit Hunter. My eyes do change colour but i dont think its because of my mood. They go blue-green-grey. I used to suffer from asthma but 'lost' it at the age of seven (i might get it back sad it goes in seven year cycles) Ihave had ear infections before and i have a very weak ankle which i sprain quite a lot, so generally just ignore it now. I haven't been physically sick in.... at least three years (and before that it was from over eating). (age: 13)

#129 2011-05-10 05:53:46

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

walkingintheshadows wrote:

Well, i have no idea what my blood type is, i will look it up. I think i might be AB like you Moonlit Hunter. My eyes do change colour but i dont think its because of my mood. They go blue-green-grey. I used to suffer from asthma but 'lost' it at the age of seven (i might get it back sad it goes in seven year cycles) Ihave had ear infections before and i have a very weak ankle which i sprain quite a lot, so generally just ignore it now. I haven't been physically sick in.... at least three years (and before that it was from over eating). (age: 13)

Did you read the rest of the thread? Other therians have been quick to point out that physical or genetic symptoms are only showing things that are possibly more common among therians. Having some physical conditions which are common in therians does not, by extension, make you a therian; which as others have pointed out is a mental and/or emotional state of being.

I'm concerned about you, walkingintheshadows. What makes you think you are a therian? You've pointed out in other threads that you're a schoolkid and I rather worry about self-confessed 'teen' therians. No offence to you or your intelligence but they usually don't bother to research therianthropy and just decide that they're a therian because they like the sound of it.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#130 2011-05-10 11:15:00

walkingintheshadows
Website

ShadyHowl wrote:

Did you read the rest of the thread? Other therians have been quick to point out that physical or genetic symptoms are only showing things that are possibly more common among therians. Having some physical conditions which are common in therians does not, by extension, make you a therian; which as others have pointed out is a mental and/or emotional state of being.

I'm concerned about you, walkingintheshadows. What makes you think you are a therian? You've pointed out in other threads that you're a schoolkid and I rather worry about self-confessed 'teen' therians. No offence to you or your intelligence but they usually don't bother to research therianthropy and just decide that they're a therian because they like the sound of it.

Yeah sorry. In actual fact i am not sure i am a therian. But honestly i have researched therianthropy. And i'm pretty sure it's not actually always a good thing to be a therian... Its actually more of a gut feeling as well as the similarities, but, i guess that probably could just be teen hormones to be honest. I really dont know : /. However, i do doubt that i could be a therian just because i like the sound of it... cause it actually sort of... hmm not scares me but.... I cant really explain it smile like i said, not always a good thing. Like, there is a guy in my class, who just smells good. Like really really good. And he's a total asshole, but his smell is incredible. It just rings true i suppose. So much of it makes sense. But i am probably being presumptous and naive. smile

#131 2011-05-13 03:20:15

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

But i am probably being presumptous and naive. smile

Yep, you probably are. >neutral

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#132 2011-05-29 11:12:04

OldWolf

I live In calgary and I passed the "bakery of the moon" and my scenes went nuts.
1. I do get colder than normal
2. No clue about my blood type. Got it tested but doctors didn't give me an answer
3. Eyes, no clue about them changing because I try not to be overly emotional key word try
4. Nose, ears, I get headaches around cleaners, and I can map my house with sounds.
I am going to bishop Carroll next year so if you "see" me let me know

Then you'll fly along with me, to dance with jack of the shadows.

#133 2011-05-29 11:28:09

OldWolf

Whilst I'm mentioning that
5. When I get cold I become violently I'll
Shaking, nausea, all that fun stuff.
Stapled my finger, gone in 15 min like it never happened
Bloody tingly tho.
Pushed my kneecap back into place, (had stitches there about 5-7 years ago)

Then you'll fly along with me, to dance with jack of the shadows.

#134 2011-05-29 18:46:08

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

What are you trying to prove, OldWolf? That you are a therian because you meet some sort of physical checklist?

Just curious.

#135 2011-05-30 03:27:46

Das Serigala

I hate to restate the obvious - really, I do - but what you are saying is that you're not really a therian unless you posess the mindset? I've searched on all of these different websties (dont ask me to recall them, because I forgot), and they all send me mixed messages. I just want to know if having the emotional and spiritual aspects on top of some physical characteristics makes me a therian or just a were.

"As a musician, I tell you that if we were to suppress adultery, fanaticism, crime, evil, the supernatural, there would no longer be the means of writing one note" - George Bizet

#136 2011-05-30 07:06:01

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

The physical characteristics are essentially meaningless, Das Serigala, remove them from your mind. It is ALL about the emotional and spiritual aspects. Anybody who tells you otherwise is not a true therian.

What the physical characteristics ARE is a list of things which WVZ has found to be 'more common' among therians. It is NOT a checklist nor an indication of whether someone is a therian or not.

Hope that clears things up.

#137 2011-05-30 07:10:03

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I sort of wish this topic was deleted at this point because I think the first page or two are way too misleading to newcomers.

#138 2011-06-03 04:10:25

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Das Serigala wrote:

I've searched on all of these different websties (dont ask me to recall them, because I forgot), and they all send me mixed messages. I just want to know if having the emotional and spiritual aspects on top of some physical characteristics makes me a therian or just a were.

Yes.  Everyone who experiences Therianthopy explains and defines it a bit differently.  I used to try to categorize it into different groups, like "Contherians" and "Polytherians" and "Pseudo-Physiological Shifting", but it really just comes down to whether or not you see yourself as an animal.  That list of physical traits that WVZ described is, in my opinion and in programmer's terms, meaningless garbage.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#139 2011-06-13 12:49:58

Mercader

This sounds alot like me... Except my eyes are golden hazel when its brighter. I live in florida and the sunlight and heat here pisses me off and makes me uncomfortable but when I am in a cold area I could be outside all day long. I never get colds when i go outside without a shirt on for a half hour at the age of six.  When i get headaches my eyes go a darker green and the black ring around my eye color thickens. Whenever I get golden eyes at school all the girls call me a vampire because of twilight and in my mind i *facepalm* Could these be a werewold symptoms?

Last edited by Mercader (2011-06-13 12:50:39)

#140 2011-06-13 13:52:40

lupinealchemist

Not really because there's no physical symptoms of therianthropy. Some people can change their eyecolor anyway, they don't have to be paranormal.

#141 2011-06-13 13:58:54

Mercader

This is only a bit of it. But if you want to hear other things look at the topics ive posted.

#142 2011-09-21 19:57:35

nicgirl423
Website

Hey hi I have a post here for symptoms Pls look I think it could answer some of your questions guys. I also came for a Question myself could being Native American have anything to do with it and is there any in Louisiana?

Last edited by nicgirl423 (2011-09-21 20:03:46)

Feisty Free and a Were,
Half blooded is better.

#143 2011-09-22 18:23:25

WolfVanZandt
Website

Are there any Native Americans in Louisiana? Yep, sure are.

Could being Native American have anything to do with what?

#144 2011-09-23 05:47:25

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

...This thread is still going?

#145 2011-09-23 17:59:30

WolfVanZandt
Website

Sure. It's fun-damental.

#146 2011-11-08 23:12:02

res1wnor

just a quick question. did anyone else have a dream when they were very young of them being a wolf pup and liveing a entire wolf life? i have all these memories and when i woke up i acted like a wolf. it scared everyone. but when i settled down i remembered it as a dream… its like all my other memories… i even remember my mate… and my death… i have told this to very few people… they mostly agree it was my memories of a past life. does that make me one?and also, i still have dreams of me as a wolf or me with wolves. i always thought i was the closest thing to a real werewolf. how do u describe werewolves? am i not alone?! iv been scared i was crazy… I’m 17. iv had these dreams at least once every month or two since i 1st had that dream when i was 8yrs old… if u add my total experience in years i would be almost 26. ( counting by how many winters) that’s why im mature for my age. am i not crazy?! is there anyone like me?i dont howl at the moon or full moon… but when i hear a dog howl i used to howl back ( poorly) lol i also am hated by most dogs. and i used to growl at them… am i ok? i dont do that anymore. i learned to hold it back. my friends also say when im angry its like a rabid animal… and my movements are good. i took martial arts and moved like a dog so much that my tennis team nicknamed me “Nightwolf” .... heh. that’s all.. i really do feel like a wolf... so... am i one of these therianthropes? ( i live in oregon). ill answer any questions you have... but om i crazy or not? i KNOW i have all these memories.... and they were real to me...
( im posting this in a few places. i really want a answer sad   )

#147 2011-11-10 10:01:50

IcyEyesHowl

res1wnor wrote:

just a quick question. did anyone else have a dream when they were very young of them being a wolf pup and liveing a entire wolf life? i have all these memories and when i woke up i acted like a wolf. it scared everyone. but when i settled down i remembered it as a dream… its like all my other memories… i even remember my mate… and my death… i have told this to very few people… they mostly agree it was my memories of a past life. does that make me one?and also, i still have dreams of me as a wolf or me with wolves. i always thought i was the closest thing to a real werewolf. how do u describe werewolves? am i not alone?! iv been scared i was crazy… I’m 17. iv had these dreams at least once every month or two since i 1st had that dream when i was 8yrs old… if u add my total experience in years i would be almost 26. ( counting by how many winters) that’s why im mature for my age. am i not crazy?! is there anyone like me?i dont howl at the moon or full moon… but when i hear a dog howl i used to howl back ( poorly) lol i also am hated by most dogs. and i used to growl at them… am i ok? i dont do that anymore. i learned to hold it back. my friends also say when im angry its like a rabid animal… and my movements are good. i took martial arts and moved like a dog so much that my tennis team nicknamed me “Nightwolf” .... heh. that’s all.. i really do feel like a wolf... so... am i one of these therianthropes? ( i live in oregon). ill answer any questions you have... but om i crazy or not? i KNOW i have all these memories.... and they were real to me...
( im posting this in a few places. i really want a answer sad   )

I myself haven't experienced these types of dreams but i can imagine it is fairly common. And hun, your not crazy at all, trust me. More than anythign id say they are symptoms of Therianthropy but idk exactly tongue I myself connect more with the wolf by bringing on aspects of a wolf (speed, agility, strength etc) Im l oved by dogs, i connect with them easily.
~Best of luck iwith your Inner-Wolf search

Telling your boyfriend you're a wolf and he thinks you're crazy. Well, boy is he gunna get bitten ;D

#148 2011-12-09 17:40:21

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

res1wnor> You should start a new topic for that...

Board footer