The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-29 22:42:54

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

From the Journal of Xander MacKai

Here, I have outlined completely a story, and I am finally ready to finish one. (I had to quit the last one, I'm sorry.) I regrettably have none for you to read at the moment but I should within the next 24 hours, of this post. I just started coming up with ideas (then realizing it may seem as though I have taken them from somewhere else) and I have come up with what I hope you, my reader(s) will find to be an interesting story. So tune in for some entries from the Journal of Xander MacKai.

Synchronicity

#2 2008-11-29 23:20:11

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Re: From the Journal of Xander MacKai

From the Journal of Xander MacKai

August 12th, 2011-10:14 PM
     Dear Journal,
                           I am Xander MacKai. I am 14 years old and I live in Washington state in America. I am ā€˜5 ā€6 ft tall, with brown hair, green eyes and tan/white. I havenā€™t been writing lately like I used to. It might seem detached even but I have good reason. My life has changed along with so many others in the past few months Iā€™m not sure of heads or tails anymore. I was an orphan and I thought my life was bad not even knowing my parents and all, but then some major events happened.
1. I found out I am a werewolf. Iā€™m slightly scared about it because I have barely any control over my powers, and I found out only two full moons ago. I think I can change into this wolf whenever I want but I have to during the full moon. Itā€™s not the only form though, I can also turn into a mixture of those two. Iā€™m worried, and I have lots of questions. Were my parents werewolves? Will I learn to control it? Are there others who can help me? I can change somewhat on command, but if any of my emotions get to far, I have to change. Also on the full moon too.
2. The human race (and maybe werewolves!) might die if the current terrorists release a biochemical weapon they claim to have. They say they have some bacteria that will kill everyone, and there is no cure. I think the that the Russians (itā€™s the Russians who have it) might have given it to others which worries me. My adopted parents donā€™t have any problem with this, in fact because of the last ten years of attacking and being attacked by some Iraqi people they donā€™t care. Almost everyone I know is acting like this. Iā€™m worried because the officials are making it sound like itā€™s nothing, but I think it might actually be real and kill people.
3. Iā€™m not as worried but more mad about this one. My parents, brothers and sister are getting to go to Disneyland and Iā€™m not because they say Iā€™ve been acting rebellious! All I was doing was going out during the full moon to change and Iā€™ve been worried so I ā€˜wasnā€™t focused on my schoolwork.ā€™ I started to keep a journal a year ago, and this is my new one so I will hide this in a good spot.
     Iā€™m fed up about everything. Iā€™m scared, and I shouldnā€™t have to be going through this. I should be an average teenager and not have to worry about changing into a beast or dieing by some kind of super-virus or something! Oh great, now I have to go because my parents are needing me to help them pack, at least they leave tomorrow for Disneyland.

Last edited by FenrirVik (2008-12-29 20:03:22)

Synchronicity

#3 2008-11-30 16:45:28

Goldie

wow, this is cool. Keep it going. big_smile

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#4 2008-11-30 18:00:41

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

I know, it's not really a place I'm going to show much of my big word usage. I also don't know if the slang will be correct so please stay with me. I also understand the reason for not much of a hook, so it will be there in the next post. Thanks Goldie.

Synchronicity

#5 2008-11-30 18:36:48

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Just a side note before I begin again, I will write better in the story. Xander MacKai will learn how to write properly! I know it's also somewhat vague and lacking in detail but I have lots of plans-Edited
~~~
August 13th, 2011-9:30 PM
     Dear Journal,
                           My parents left today. Itā€™s also the full moon so I am writing this before I change and I will come and get it later. Itā€™s really a weird feeling, the first time hurt me really bad even. I donā€™t talk about it though.
     Iā€™m by a large tree near a park. I liked to spend the evening here before I change. Nobodies ever here, but I heard they might be running by with the police because I think they seen me coming here but Iā€™m not to worried. They canā€™t run faster than a wolf.
     When I saw my reflection in a pool once, I was a white wolf with gray flecks. I had the tail, the fur coat, fangs and everything but somehow it still looked like me. The eyes were green so I guess that helped but otherwise I was a wolf.
      I just am kind of sitting here thinking of what will happen. My parents used to say I think to much now they say Iā€™m just to lazy and Iā€™m not thinking at all. I guess maybe they donā€™t know kids donā€™t just think about sports and math. I wonder how they can do that, and I think the other kids do that so maybe itā€™s some kind of a stereotype. The other kids, in fact my friends have started to pull away from me. I used to be one of those funny guys whose into wrestling and is a clown. Now the popular guys donā€™t like me, but the unpopular kids wonā€™t let me into their group now because I was one of the popular guys who used to harass them. I can tell if the kids are gossiping about me because of my new better hearing, and it gets me into nothing but trouble. I want to chase after the football and bite it, which sounds funny in retrospect but is the same as my hearing.
      I think maybe I need to find some other werewolves if there is any. I mean I might be the only one but I have a feeling Iā€™m not. I hope Iā€™m not so much-I think I see some lights.
Thatā€™s weird, hold on, Iā€™ll write more later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Last edited by FenrirVik (2008-12-29 23:09:21)

Synchronicity

#6 2008-11-30 23:12:14

Freddy

hmmmm... not bad i like it can't wait 2 read some more

I will always protect the one's I love no matter what

#7 2008-12-01 00:48:56

Goldie

yeah, keep it up dude. big_smile

yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#8 2008-12-01 13:44:39

Edo

Sounds like a cool story smile
Is it going to be like a diary the entire story?

#9 2008-12-01 19:00:17

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Yes it is. I will have more soon. I also will have more background detail later, I know this is concerning to me at least. I also understand he seems simple, once again, don't worry! he is a dynamic character.

Synchronicity

#10 2008-12-29 20:06:57

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Okay I have more finally! I wasn't feeling much inspiration, so I sat down and made myself do it. NOTE: IT HAS BEEN EDITED AND THE TOP FIRST FEW POST ARE DIFFERENT. Thanks everyone for reading, I've done more research and consulted with more people and so now I hope the story is more satisfying.
~~~
              August 13th, 2011-11:37 PM
     Dear Journal,
                           I can hardly believe it! It was the police and they put in a cell! Iā€™m so mad. They said something about a curfew and now Iā€™m in this cell because apparently the government just decreed everyone has to go inside! I canā€™t believe it!!! They said if my parents werenā€™t here then theyā€™d just have to take me to the jailhouse. Theyā€™re treating me like Iā€™m a criminal. This is ridiculous, everyone has to go inside. Why??? All the cops went home and they looked a little sad. One tried to see if he could bring me to his house but I remembered why I was in the park so I wouldnā€™t let him. They all seemed somber and now thereā€™s only a few left and there wasnā€™t hardly any criminals in the cells.
    I hope the only officer here doesnā€™t come in here when I change. Heā€™ll be in for a surprise. I think I havenā€™t changed yet because I was busy or something like that. Weird. I feel really relaxed before I changed now. The moon feels like itā€™s giving me power even. Okay Iā€™m going to quit writing and enjoy this small time of peace before Iā€™m back to my worrisome life again.

Last edited by FenrirVik (2008-12-29 23:08:28)

Synchronicity

#11 2008-12-29 23:10:30

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

I'd just like to add the fact he went to summer school. I say that later but I know people are going to be wondering. And I know it's rough, but it is purposely made with errors right now.

Synchronicity

#12 2009-01-01 16:08:06

Goldie

oooo, cool, please continue soon, i can't hardly wait.

#13 2009-01-02 01:58:02

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Okay, I have more of the story now, for anyone who is reading. This is two entries because of length. Also, if there is any points you don't like about the story or things you do, please be specific and let me know. I think I was recently disheartened some by a friend who read it, but they weren't specific so please tell me.
~~~
    August 14th, 2011-12:48 PM
     Dear Journal,
                           I donā€™t know what happened. I really donā€™t. I changed and like with every full moon I donā€™t remember much of what happened afterward. I do remember screaming. Large amounts of screaming.
     I havenā€™t seen an officer all day. I havenā€™t heard any with my super human hearing either, and I donā€™t smell them. There is another smell I canā€™t place that is terribly rotten. I think I might be trapped in here. I havenā€™t heard any noises at all other than crows and birds singing. I wonder what has happened to those people. I believe there is only one way out now if no one is here. I must change into my hybrid wolf form and see if I can move the bars.
     I couldnā€™t. I tried it and did my best but thereā€™s no one here. Iā€™m starting to wonder about that bioweapon from those terrorists. Did they release it? Did I survive? No probably just the government actually beginning to get concerned. In any case Iā€™m going to try and pick the lock with my claws. I sure do hope it works.
    August 14th, 2011-6:21 PM
     Dear Journal,
                           Itā€™s getting dark now. I have seen horrible things today. I donā€™t want to speak of them. I almost hope Iā€™ll die.
     I was able to successfully pick the lock with my claws. I got out of my cell and turned quickly to look where the officer was but there was only his body, a shell, and papers scattered everywhere. Blood was coming from his eyes which were red, and some from his mouth. It was the same for the few people in the rest of the cells and drunk tanks.
     Right then, I knew it. The super virus killed everyone except me.
     It is in a way, freedom. I have no more pressures to worry about. My classmates wonā€™t pick on me ever again. My adopted parents canā€™t harass me. But then, I remember the good times. What about the time I won that award for wrestling? What about the family vacation to Mount St. Helen? I have more questions now then ever I guess. Is everyone really dead? Did I live because I am a werewolf? Are there more werewolves who lived? Should I even live?
     The thoughts are biting at me. Everywhere I went in town the shades are pulled on the houses where those people probably enjoyed their last few minutes. I am in a way glad I donā€™t remember anything. Anything except the screaming. Some people are dead in their cars, or there is blood from where the struggled along the ground to get out. Some are on the street, maybe coming home from a late party when they died. I thought I was lonely earlier. Now here I am, making up stories about people whose bodies are being picked at by crows.
     The crows remind me of what I am. Perhaps I should go and live in the wilderness with wolves who have lived. No, I have been a human for far to long, and I now love my body which the dead on the street have been robbed of.
     I was hungry and horrifically the wolf side of me, told me to go and pick at the bodies but I held back and stayed away for nauseated by that thought. I decided to go and ring doorbells. I walked up to my first house where I rang the bell. No one answered. I did it again. I then walked inside where I seen a family lying on the floor the same as the lone officer and the man by his car. I almost vomited at their faces now, but there was nothing in me, so I guiltily went and raided their cupboards. I pulled out some canned food, along with cold turkey in the fridge and ate it in their backyard. The sun was still pretty high in the sky. I was chewing when I saw the family dog rush out of the house.
     I hadnā€™t thought much of what would happen to family pets. I now realized little dogs would die and the larger ones like this black golden retriever would turn wild and roam in packs. The dog seemed to like me so I gave him some turkey. If I had one purpose for now perhaps I could save the pets.
     Now filled up I traveled through house and made sure there was no more pets. I fed the dog with itā€™s food and carried it to the next house. The next house held cats which I fed and then released. The next houses held tiny dogs which I fed and released, fish whom I took down to the creek (if they were freshwater) and I let go all the cats and other pets. I got to the school abruptly and the black retriever had followed me the whole time. It was funny, the way I looked up at the street lights and they dimly glowed, soon growing dimmer and dimmer. I opened up the door to the place where I went to summer school to get ahead. This was where I had been failing, and many kids here went to summer school. I felt safer here even though I had been rejected here and such. I searched the whole school and fortunately found no dead bodies.
     I opened the door to the health room and found spare blankets in here. I just didnā€™t want to return home. Something seemed eerie, to have to walk back to the uninhabited place. The moon is beginning to rise now. I have much thinking to do now. Enough to drive me crazy perhaps but thinking all the same. More tomorrow as I have much to do.

Synchronicity

#14 2009-01-02 21:02:41

Goldie

WOW that was really good. smile more more more

#15 2009-01-03 02:01:16

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Thank you. I will have some later. Thank you to everyone who reads this story.

Synchronicity

#16 2009-01-03 14:12:50

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

Make much more! i read fast and i love books you are excelent! *growls with delight*

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#17 2009-01-03 20:50:37

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Thanks Moonfur! I'll put more on now. (I'm not sure exactly what pace to go at, but if you like this, take heart! I'm already coming up with ideas for a second!)
~~~
    August 15th, 2011-8:46 PM
     Dear Journal,
                           Today was almost comforting. I went to some of the stores and got a backpack. I can now carry things I want. I accessed some of the computers with what little backup power they had and listened to music. I got myself an iPod Transport, which is the newest way to hold songs. I took great comfort in hearing others voices and I had it on the whole time talking to myself some. I got more blankets for myself and other things. I could do whatever I wanted now. It was a little lonely, but if I was going to die and be the last one I would live the rest of my days in style. I had everything I wanted. Except a friend.
     I did have Jumper though and he was like having a real person to be with aside from the whole language barrier thing. I took care of more pets for awhile. I hung out a while. It was nice to be able to turn into my wolf form without being persecuted like I knew I would have been with people. It was how I traveled in fact. I stayed away from most of the bodies, and saw some of the pets I released even. Only about an hour ago I had to head home because it was getting a little darker (aside from the moonlight to travel by) and I thought of the animals who would flourish without humans. My city wasnā€™t an especially large one but still, animals like bear could come and roam. The world would become a wilderness now. I could tell, none of the power plants were working, meaning no one was getting to them. As far as I know the world is dead.
     I sat down and thought about what could I at least do to keep humans (or at least some variant of them) alive. So I went to the language room and took out a language book. As much as I didnā€™t really want to do this it was my responsibility as the last person on Earth. I took some books out the library and I will try and read them tomorrow.
     I think Iā€™ve been taking this especially well considering I havenā€™t got out of control with shifting (Iā€™m working on my words!) and I havenā€™t criedā€¦to much. I think I will try to work on doing it better, faster, or maybe slower and get more control. I have some ideas for what I can do with that. I promise I will have more tomorrow, if there is one.

Synchronicity

#18 2009-01-03 21:32:42

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

Cool! a good idea is that he gets visited by more werewolves.its good though:)

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#19 2009-01-03 22:10:31

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Moonfur, I already got an outline of the story. I don't want to give any spoliers though. wink

Synchronicity

#20 2009-01-03 22:19:04

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

Sorry):

#21 2009-01-08 20:37:29

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

It's fine. I haven't written much lately because I've been busy and will be for at least until Monday or maybe later. Here's more though. Enjoy!
~~~   
August 16th, 2011-7:19 PM
     Dear Journal,
                           Iā€™m starting to get lonely. Jumperā€™s nice but he canā€™t talk to me, at least in a complex human way. I listen to the music while I walk and do things but the people donā€™t respond.
     Today I finally realized itā€™s been awhile since I got a shower. I had to wash in the creek which just about froze me to death. At least Iā€™m clean though now, which also raised my spirits some. The crows are cleaning up their part too. Itā€™s better to not have to look at the bodies.
     I also went to help those which I released. I think the cats are getting plenty of their fill from the mice and rats who were once separated by a glass wall. I took two big bags of dog food from the department store where I have been spending much time and ripped them open for the dogs. I got another bag for Jumper at home. The dogs came fast upon the food and I think theyā€™re already starting to lose the domesticated side of them. The largest ate first, and snapped at the littler dogs, so I had a couple fights to stop. I stayed watching them for an hour then I went to see if any more pets were out there.
     I did that for several hours when I realized if I didnā€™t get them by tomorrow theyā€™d be dead anyway probably. There were already several dead fish, (the fish were harder to take to the creek anyway.) I went back and set out cat food, even though Iā€™m sure the dogs will eat that, since cats never really were domesticated anyway.
     Jumper hasnā€™t lost his domesticated side, or at least he hasnā€™t like those dogs have. They arenā€™t completely wild mind you, but they are starting to get edgier. Jumper still likes to play and acts as goofy as I imagine a dog would.
     I am getting better with this shifting, probably because Iā€™m doing it so much now. I do it to go places, I did it to break up the dog fights, I do it now much more. It comes easy to me, but I do feel bad a little, as though it makes me lose my human side. I guess you have to do whatever to survive though. Iā€™ll write more tomorrow.

Synchronicity

#22 2009-01-09 01:34:07

Niktoma
Advocatus Diaboli
Website

Awesome, Vik!

I've never seen a scenario like this where someone worries about the pets, it's a nice touch.  Keep it up! smile

'OK, how about werewolves?' said the voice eventually.
'What do they look like?' asked the kid.
'Ah, well, they look perfectly normal right up to the point where they grow all, like, hair and teeth and giant paws and leap through the window at you,' said the voice.

#23 2009-01-09 20:15:34

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Thanks! My inspiration was a little from I Am Legend, when the dog dies. Tore me up inside.

Synchronicity

#24 2009-01-10 12:41:37

Goldie

Oh yes, please write more. smile

#25 2009-01-10 22:29:37

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Glad you like it. I do think I will write more in a few days.

Synchronicity

Board footer