The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#51 2005-06-21 14:12:39

Rom

Re: New werewolf comic "Lethal Instict" from Alias Enterprises

Hi Busboy ... Yes, Bart is one of the writers working in dialogues with me, he did the first 2 editions and is making the edits in the other editions ... take care. Rom

#52 2005-06-21 20:38:15

AlexApprobation
Website

Rom wrote:

Hi Alex... Thanks for to post messages here in the forum my friend wink. I don´t know if Ernst will be in SDCC, but in Wizard is possible, I will confirm this info with him and talk to you soon abouth this. I like this image that you is using.. what is this? cover, illustration?

Aha, that will be cool!  It will be a lot easier for him to find me at Wizard Chicago as I will have to stay at the booth more than in San Diego.  Plus it is a bit smaller than SDCC.

The image I'm using as my avatar is just a cool picture I found doing a quick internet search.  I tried to look for the artist to hire him, but it looks like it was commissioned for a fantasy card game type thing.  The artist's name is never listed, but that is okay- I probably could not afford the painter anyway!  ;-p

B. Alex Thompson- Freelance Writer
Blood Shells & Roses, Amour, & Lethal Instinct for Arcana Studios
ChiSai, Chaos Campus, & Vampires Unlimited from Approbation Comics

#53 2005-06-21 20:39:11

The Busboy
Administrator

AlexApprobation wrote:

The Busboy wrote:

Cool!  and welcome to the site!  Theree are quite a few forum members here that will be in or at Wizard World Chicago I know, so that will be way cool.  You are one of the writers for "Lethal Instinct," right?  What can you tell us about your projects?  and again, welcome to the site@!

Thank you for having me!  Yes, please everyone stop on by!  I like meeting new people and werewolves are one of my favorite subjects!

Yup, well, I was only the scripter on the first two issues of the current series, but I'll be doing the complete writing chores on the proposed volumes 2 and 3 of the series.  "Proposed" because it isn't completely official yet- Alias has to accept and for them to do that the sales have to be high enough to warrent continuing the series.

I wish I had more werewolf related projects in the works to talk about... sad

Currently we're publishing and promoting Myriad, which is an anthology of 5 stories and will run 6 issues.  I'll have the first three issues at SDCC and the first 4 at WizChicago.  Myriad is the first appearance of my ChiSai project.  If you like smart action and realistic fights, ChiSai is for you.

Also in the works is Chaos Campus: Sorority Girls vs Zombies.  It's a pop culture parody series and it'll really be fun.  There'll be a Ginger Snaps parody within the second series arch of the series (I really like Ginger Snaps) along with other werewolf movies I'll be playfully poking fun at.

Coming later in the year from Arcana is our series Blood, Shells, & Roses which is about a heavy metal band that hunts monsters.  It'll be a wild ride.  It's still a work in progress, so I'll see if I can add a werewolf or two in it for you guys!  smile

Last is Vampires Unlimited which is still being discussed with larger publishers.  More information as it develops.  One of the key archs is the six issue series WOLVES.  I've always seen vampires and werewolves as enemies and nothing I've ever seen has done that war justice, so WOLVES will be a more serious intro to the two monsters relationships.

Whoa, awesome post, sounds like some great projects in the works!  I am gonna have to get some of those, keep us posted on all your projects!

#54 2005-06-21 20:40:58

The Busboy
Administrator

Rom wrote:

Hi Alex... Thanks for to post messages here in the forum my friend wink. I don´t know if Ernst will be in SDCC, but in Wizard is possible, I will confirm this info with him and talk to you soon abouth this. I like this image that you is using.. what is this? cover, illustration?

Hey Rom, do you live in Brazil?

#55 2005-06-21 20:43:43

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

AlexApprobation wrote:

The Busboy wrote:

Cool!  and welcome to the site!  Theree are quite a few forum members here that will be in or at Wizard World Chicago I know, so that will be way cool.  You are one of the writers for "Lethal Instinct," right?  What can you tell us about your projects?  and again, welcome to the site@!

Thank you for having me!  Yes, please everyone stop on by!  I like meeting new people and werewolves are one of my favorite subjects!

Yup, well, I was only the scripter on the first two issues of the current series, but I'll be doing the complete writing chores on the proposed volumes 2 and 3 of the series.  "Proposed" because it isn't completely official yet- Alias has to accept and for them to do that the sales have to be high enough to warrent continuing the series.

Currently we're publishing and promoting Myriad, which is an anthology of 5 stories and will run 6 issues.  I'll have the first three issues at SDCC and the first 4 at WizChicago.  Myriad is the first appearance of my ChiSai project.  If you like smart action and realistic fights, ChiSai is for you.

Also in the works is Chaos Campus: Sorority Girls vs Zombies.  It's a pop culture parody series and it'll really be fun.  There'll be a Ginger Snaps parody within the second series arch of the series (I really like Ginger Snaps) along with other werewolf movies I'll be playfully poking fun at.

Coming later in the year from Arcana is our series Blood, Shells, & Roses which is about a heavy metal band that hunts monsters.  It'll be a wild ride.  It's still a work in progress, so I'll see if I can add a werewolf or two in it for you guys!  smile

Last is Vampires Unlimited which is still being discussed with larger publishers.  More information as it develops.  One of the key archs is the six issue series WOLVES.  I've always seen vampires and werewolves as enemies and nothing I've ever seen has done that war justice, so WOLVES will be a more serious intro to the two monsters relationships.

Whoa, awesome post, sounds like some great projects in the works!  I am gonna have to get some of those, keep us posted on all your projects!

*bows*  My pleasure!  And keep you posted I shall!!!!  smile

#56 2005-06-22 01:24:58

Rom

Hio Bart... this image is really great wink ... hehehe

#57 2005-06-22 01:28:35

Rom

Hi Busboy .. Yes man, I live in Brazil wink ... that´s the difficult for to be in Conventions, but I hope to be in some soon wink. take care. Rom

#58 2005-06-22 09:27:35

The Busboy
Administrator

Rom wrote:

Hi Busboy .. Yes man, I live in Brazil wink ... that´s the difficult for to be in Conventions, but I hope to be in some soon wink. take care. Rom

That's so cool you live in Brazil, that's awesome, how did you go about getting the comic book all set up like that while living in Brazil?  Did you do it all by emails?

#59 2005-06-22 09:29:27

The Busboy
Administrator

AlexApprobation wrote:

The Busboy wrote:

AlexApprobation wrote:

Ha,, ha, when you said "...and keep you posted I shall..." I got a mental picture of "Yoda" and the way he talks, ha, ha.

#60 2005-06-22 18:12:57

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

AlexApprobation wrote:

The Busboy wrote:

Ha,, ha, when you said "...and keep you posted I shall..." I got a mental picture of "Yoda" and the way he talks, ha, ha.

LOL!  My mom used to talk like that after seeing the Star Wars movies when I was younger, so maybe that influenced me.  I do have Episode 3 on the brain a lot lately (as well as Batman Begins... whew!  Great movie).

#61 2005-06-22 18:14:11

AlexApprobation
Website

Well, my three main local retailers didn't seem to get copies of Lethal #2 for some reason today (also missing was Gloom #1 from APC). I guess this is a Diamond screw up? Or is just a local problem and everyone else got copies elsewhere?  If you couldn't find a copy of Lethal #2 at your local store this may be the case and it'll probably be out next week (Along with Myriad #3!).

#62 2005-06-23 03:32:55

BlueEyesWolf

Well, I just got my copy of Lethal Instinct #2 today.

Cool cover of the Werewolf on the city rooftops!

#63 2005-06-23 08:32:05

The Busboy
Administrator

Can't wait to get my copy!

P.S. on a side note, I think a lot of people here have "Star Wars Episode 3" and "Batman" on their minds lately (I know I do, ha, ha).  I saw Episode 3 first day it came out, but have'nt seen "Batman" yet (previews look great for it).

#64 2005-06-23 15:20:42

Rom

Hu Busboy ... Yes, I talking with everybody throught e-mail, is the easier way, but if is necessary I talking in the phone too wink.

#65 2005-06-23 15:23:33

Rom

Hi Busboy & Bart ... you have a lot of movie influences hein, heheehe ... SW Episode 3 is a grear movie .. I need to see Batman wink.

#66 2005-06-23 15:25:24

Rom

I´m awaiting answer from the Alias guys, but I think be a local problem, because some people found the edition...

#67 2005-06-23 15:27:08

Rom

Hi BlueEyes ... Do you liked the second edition???? take care. Rom

#68 2005-06-24 04:53:11

AlexApprobation
Website

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

Well, I just got my copy of Lethal Instinct #2 today.

Cool cover of the Werewolf on the city rooftops!

Rom wrote:

I´m awaiting answer from the Alias guys, but I think be a local problem, because some people found the edition...

Hmmmm... that is really odd.  I will have to get to the bottom of this...

#69 2005-06-24 04:55:38

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

Can't wait to get my copy!

P.S. on a side note, I think a lot of people here have "Star Wars Episode 3" and "Batman" on their minds lately (I know I do, ha, ha).  I saw Episode 3 first day it came out, but have'nt seen "Batman" yet (previews look great for it).

Same here (can't wait to get my copy)!  Finding them seems to be like seeking unicorns or something.

Rom wrote:

Hi Busboy & Bart ... you have a lot of movie influences hein, heheehe ... SW Episode 3 is a grear movie .. I need to see Batman wink.

You know I'm a HUGE movie fanatic!  You are both in for a Bat-treat!!!

#70 2005-06-24 10:00:58

The Busboy
Administrator

Yeah, maybe I can see "Batman" this weeeknd, it's supposed to be like 100 degrees here this weekend, so a nice air-conditioned theater would be nice, ha, ha!

#71 2005-06-25 02:38:33

BlueEyesWolf

AlexApprobation wrote:

You know I'm a HUGE movie fanatic!  You are both in for a Bat-treat!!!

Yep! Saw Batman Returns last week. Cool origin of Batman and finally a movie that focused more on Bruce Wayne/Batman, not just the villains.

#72 2005-06-26 20:40:23

Rom

Hi Bart .. I know that you are a big movie fan wink...like me, hehehe

#73 2005-06-27 09:23:55

NinjaWolf

I've read the first issue, Rom. It's really great! I can't wait to read #2. wink

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#74 2005-06-28 13:09:09

AlexApprobation
Website

NinjaWolf wrote:

I've read the first issue, Rom. It's really great! I can't wait to read #2. wink

Me too!  Me too! wink

#75 2005-06-28 17:45:58

Rom

Hi Ninja ... I hope that you like Lethal # 2 too wink...

Board footer