The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#101 2005-07-07 01:29:24

Rom

Re: New werewolf comic "Lethal Instict" from Alias Enterprises

Hi Busboy ... would be great to meet with you in some convention ... I hope to be going in some con asap wink. take care. Rom

#102 2005-07-07 01:31:32

Rom

Hi WolfVanZandt .. Thanks for the words wink ... take care. Rom

#103 2005-07-07 12:51:30

AlexApprobation
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Well, that's one hazard of being a "public figure". I don't care how good you are at what you're doing, there will be someone who doesn't like it and will make scathing comments about it.

Actually, I think it's way too early for any negative comments at all. Two comics isn't even enough to see where the comic is going or how it's going to be handled.

True... Rom added a major twist to the first arch that even I did not expect!

In other news the script to issue one of the second Lethal arch is done (it just needs some polish).  I'll finish the series when I get back from SDCC!

B. Alex Thompson- Freelance Writer
Blood Shells & Roses, Amour, & Lethal Instinct for Arcana Studios
ChiSai, Chaos Campus, & Vampires Unlimited from Approbation Comics

#104 2005-07-07 13:03:11

The Busboy
Administrator

AlexApprobation wrote:

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Well, that's one hazard of being a "public figure". I don't care how good you are at what you're doing, there will be someone who doesn't like it and will make scathing comments about it.

Actually, I think it's way too early for any negative comments at all. Two comics isn't even enough to see where the comic is going or how it's going to be handled.

In other news the script to issue one of the second Lethal arch is done (it just needs some polish).  I'll finish the series when I get back from SDCC!

On a side note, I have to say, it was quite cool to pick up issue #2 last Saturday and flip open the cover and see your name and Rom's name on the inside cover.  I told the owner of the comic book shop that I talked to both of you on-line and that Rom lived in Brazil, too cool.

#105 2005-07-07 13:57:40

Rom

Hi Busboy .. that´s cool, hehehe wink ...

#106 2005-07-07 18:44:10

NinjaWolf

The Busboy wrote:

On a side note, I have to say, it was quite cool to pick up issue #2 last Saturday and flip open the cover and see your name and Rom's name on the inside cover.  I told the owner of the comic book shop that I talked to both of you on-line and that Rom lived in Brazil, too cool.

Wow! Cool! big_smile

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#107 2005-07-07 18:50:56

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, you got my appreciation when you said that being a Werewolf didn't have to  be a curse.

(Ballsman....heh)

#108 2005-07-08 03:40:24

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

AlexApprobation wrote:

WolfVanZandt wrote:

That's so cool!  Thank you so much!  Another highlight of the day!

On the downside I still can't get a copy of #2 anywhere!  Oy!!!  No justice!

B. Alex Thompson- Freelance Writer
Blood Shells & Roses, Amour, & Lethal Instinct for Arcana Studios
ChiSai, Chaos Campus, & Vampires Unlimited from Approbation Comics

#109 2005-07-08 16:34:33

The Busboy
Administrator

AlexApprobation wrote:

The Busboy wrote:

AlexApprobation wrote:

That's so cool!  Thank you so much!  Another highlight of the day!

On the downside I still can't get a copy of #2 anywhere!  Oy!!!  No justice!

Wow that's a drag, especially since you wrote it, wow.

#110 2005-07-12 17:33:34

jesterpress
Website

ROM, I noticed that all you ALIAS guys print in Korea.....any chance you know the name or the website for the printer ?  We'd love to go color but when I searched the web for korean printers I got like 10,000 hits...

let me know if you can
thanks
troy
jesterpress

#111 2005-07-12 17:36:12

jesterpress
Website

Rom wrote:

yes ... I´m sad with bad comments about lethal instinct in some foruns .. but it´s ok ... everybody have own opinion, and some like and some don´t like... I need more pre-order for the editions guys wink ... I hope that everybody here that did read the books liked ... I´m open to suggestions guys wink... take care. Rom

there will always be somebody trying to shoot down your hopes and dreams...that's just the human way I guess...what's the saying...easier to tear down than to build

#112 2005-07-12 18:44:27

jesterpress
Website

ROM...

here's EXACTLY what I'm talking about

found this review today of our NIGHT #2

"The art looks as though the artist, Buddy Prince, learned to draw from Image comics. It's over-rendered, cluttered, and flat, demonstrating a lack of perspective. Characters have two expressions: gritting their teeth or letting their mouths hang open as though ready for their dental checkup.

The art was so unpleasant I didn't even bother with the story. "

Explain to me HOW in the world somebody can post a accurate review on a proffessional web page ( name witheld because I'm a nice guy)   but NOT BOTHER WITH THE STORY

it appears to me that if you are a comic book reviewer that IS'NT IT YOUR JOB TO BOTHER WITH THE STORY !!  NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU THINK THE ART IS...

YOU CAN'T REVIEW ANYTHING WITHOUT TAKING THE ENTIRE WHOLE IN...It just makes me wonder how qualified these jokers THINK they are

so anyway...just showing you I can relate

Last edited by jesterpress (2005-07-12 18:46:01)

#113 2005-07-12 19:45:20

The Busboy
Administrator

Well, all I gotta say is I think the art is great and I like the story line in both comics.

#114 2005-07-12 19:49:53

WolfVanZandt
Website

I've seen it in just about every comic I've read. I keep seeing people cut the art in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Frankly, I like the art. It is certainly "primitive" but so was Gran'ma Moses and Piccasso. The art is very well adapted to convey the "feeling" of the storyline. In fact, the other versions of TMNT have never seems quite right to me.

#115 2005-07-12 22:40:04

NinjaWolf

You're talking about Jim Lawson of TMNT fame. Yeah, he's been around Mirage a long time ago, and when I first looked at his work, I thought, 'UGH! What the heck happend to the Turtles? And the people? How horrendous!. I don't like him.'" But, then years later, looking back on relating art styles in comic books from years ago in college I now think Jim Lawson's art style came in handy for the future TMNT comics. I also liked the other versions from Peter Laird, Kevin Eastman, and Eric Talbot from the '80s versions, too. And I still do. wink

Dan Berger is another favorite, too, and the newer Tales of the TMNT has never been so cool. They're prologued quote "Let me tell you a story..." brings back memories from the older Tales of the TMNT. big_smile

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#116 2005-07-13 00:46:45

Speedbump

jesterpress wrote:

ROM...

here's EXACTLY what I'm talking about

found this review today of our NIGHT #2

"The art looks as though the artist, Buddy Prince, learned to draw from Image comics. It's over-rendered, cluttered, and flat, demonstrating a lack of perspective. Characters have two expressions: gritting their teeth or letting their mouths hang open as though ready for their dental checkup.

The art was so unpleasant I didn't even bother with the story. "

Explain to me HOW in the world somebody can post a accurate review on a proffessional web page ( name witheld because I'm a nice guy)   but NOT BOTHER WITH THE STORY

it appears to me that if you are a comic book reviewer that IS'NT IT YOUR JOB TO BOTHER WITH THE STORY !!  NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU THINK THE ART IS...

YOU CAN'T REVIEW ANYTHING WITHOUT TAKING THE ENTIRE WHOLE IN...It just makes me wonder how qualified these jokers THINK they are

so anyway...just showing you I can relate

Hell, I'd treat it as a compliment if anyone ever said I looked like I learned to draw from Image comics. I remember from my middle/high school days, Image was all into drawing things in a much darker theme, with very precise, detailed inkwork and insane shading techniques. Marvel and DC were still doing bright, poppy comics with rainbow pallettes until hopping on Image's bandwagon a few years later.

But then again, I've never really liked "superhero" comics. I love demented irony and twisted anti-heroes instead.

Last edited by Speedbump (2005-07-13 00:47:19)

#117 2005-07-13 15:38:48

Rom

Hi Jester .. I will try to know this infos for you man ... I will speak with alias guys about that wink ... take care. Rom

#118 2005-07-13 15:41:03

Rom

Hi Jester ... Is true, always will have bad comments about creations ... but it´s ok now ... I didn´t have the chance to read your comic, I will try to get some copy wink. take care. Rom

#119 2005-07-13 15:56:05

Rom

HI Jester ... Looking this review about your comic, now I know that some comic reviewers are just bastard guys ... lol ... but the truth is that they don´t give the chance for look some editions for to understand more about the line that the writer want to give for the storie, they don´t look the comic in two sides, storie and art, if one of those things is not what they would like to see, the comments will be very bad ... Is sad, because some readers want to get a copie to give the chance for the project, and after read this comments, they give up. But don´t have consideration for those comments man wink, I know that your comic is very good for a lot os readers, and that´s the important in the end. take care. Rom

#120 2005-07-13 15:56:39

Rom

Thanks for the words Busboy wink.

#121 2005-07-13 15:58:13

Rom

Good comments WolfVanZandt.

#122 2005-07-13 16:00:20

Rom

Hi Ninja ... I see that you are a big fan of TMNT, hehehe. Great wink.

#123 2005-07-13 16:01:31

Rom

Speed ... I need to send it some linearts correct?

#124 2005-07-13 19:51:24

WolfVanZandt
Website

Ninja, they're still putting out Tales. I subscribe to it, in fcat. and the mirage Turtles is the original version. Laird and Eastman were the originators. Of course, that was back in.....ooooooh.....okay, I'm not going there.

One of my favorite comics of all time was Cerebus the Aardvark and one of the things that I liked about it was seeing it evolve from a "poorly drawn" Conan spoof to an incredibly well drawn, very deep adult comic.

#125 2005-07-14 05:26:41

Speedbump

Rom wrote:

Speed ... I need to send it some linearts correct?

Yes, please. But take your time if you guys are busy with other things. smile

Board footer