The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#76 2009-11-01 16:02:28

WolfMontana

Re: "New Moon" movie

choondooga wrote:

Edward is actually a forest pixie, didn't you know?

Ha!! Yes! It all makes perfect sense now big_smile

Watched the clip. I still likee the werewolf effects smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#77 2009-11-02 11:20:35

Viergacht

I dunno if I could sit through the rest of the movie just to see the werewolves.

#78 2009-11-02 16:46:38

zockereinstein

Well, I could say that I will be more than happy on Nov. 20th, so we can finish up with the tiresome VAMPIRE movie with some werewolves in it... but the truth is that someone will start again with the next sequel. The problem with this is not just the discussions here. In every werewolf-related forum you'll find tons and tons of comments about new moon, full of arguing, expectations, critics about true wolves/false wolves, about if the book is best than the movie (even when nobody has watched it yet). And I ask you all, aren't there enough werewolf movies?
Ok, I must confess that I can answer myself. This was going to be the "werewolf year", and what do we have? More-than-bad movies and sparkling vampires. I'm sorry if this angers the new moon fans, it's not your fault, but some false expectations created in the end of the last year are the responsibles for this.

#79 2009-11-02 21:46:33

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Even though I hate this series, I think the werewolves look decent...despite that the CGI is obvious.  They overuse CGI in movies these days. hmm

Last edited by Totalimmortal (2009-11-02 21:47:16)

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#80 2009-11-03 21:47:19

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

zockereinstein wrote:

And I ask you all, aren't there enough werewolf movies?

Why would you ask that on a werewolf site?  O.o

But I must definitively agree on the let down of werewolf movies this year if what you say is true.
New Moon shouldn't count with it's teen drama crap.

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#81 2009-11-04 20:46:00

WereWolfH

exactly. I just saw this Vampire special and there were LOADS OF vampire clips they showed and guess what? Most of them were quality movies. Can't wait to see this. Now how do I get a perfect disguise?

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#82 2009-11-12 09:56:34

sheridan

Watched Twilight yesterday with my girl so I'd know what is this thing all about. Aww man, if 'New moon' is gonna be as romantic as it's predecessor than I'm gonna have one hell of a bad time on this! ...although some cool werewolves scenes could change my mind in a second smile

"When the moon is round and full
Gonna teach you tricks that'll blow your mongrel mind"

#83 2009-11-12 17:09:32

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

i like how they portray the werewolves as shape shifters...but thats about it....unfortantly i will be draged to see the movie too by firends...

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#84 2009-11-13 01:53:17

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

i would go to it...i dont mind twilight...(i know its weird for a guy to like twilight but i realy dont care)

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#85 2009-11-13 18:18:27

KidWerewolf36

ahhhhhhh Stephenie Meyer was on Oprah, I missed it!!!!!

#86 2009-11-14 03:21:15

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...so?? o.O??

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#87 2009-11-15 02:27:55

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

*laughs hysterically*

Anyway, MANY of my friends are Twilight freaks. I'm sure they'll want to see the new movie. Surprisingly, I haven't be threatened to be dragged along.
If so, I'll probably go just to see some Vamps being mangled (hopefully).

Last edited by Roi Doberwolf (2009-11-15 02:28:25)

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#88 2009-11-15 10:42:51

Midnight-Vixen

lol

You know, I'm all for books and literature, movies too, for that matter, but the Twilight series just gets on my nerves. Now, don't get me wrong, if I had to pick a team, I'm all for Jacob simply because the Cullens make us vampires look like sissies.

I mean, come on, people! Vampires don't go out in the sunlight because they sparkle? I wish that was the least of my problems. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not a true vampire, I don't kill humans to feed my hunger and to try and make an existence, I kill deer instead. Oh, and the real reason that I can't go out in the sun isn't because I'll melt into a puddle, it's because I'll sparkle."

Seriously? And to be honest, the books are so much better than the movies, I don't care what anyone says. And please don't get me started on the actors and actresses themselves.

Last edited by Midnight-Vixen (2009-11-15 10:43:34)

By the time you have finished reading this, you will realize that you have just wasted five seconds of your life. ^_^

#89 2009-11-15 11:24:12

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

I am a heterosexual male but I have read many book written by and about women, From Louisa May Alcott's  Little Women to Jean M. Auel's Clan of the cave bears, I have read them all. I even read Herman Melville's Moby Dick with it's five pages describing the carvings on the bench of the tavern in the beginning. While I did read and greatly enjoy the Harry potter series, don't hate me, I simply could not get through the first Twilight book. The whole thing of the glow in the daylight vampires just got to me. Someone should tell that girl that she is falling in love with a corpse or are the vampires in Twilight not the living dead?

Last edited by Exanimis (2009-11-15 11:25:33)

There is sorrow enough in the natural way From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store, Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
from"The Power of the Dog" by Rudyard Kipling

#90 2009-11-15 22:34:46

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

Midnight-Vixen wrote:

And to be honest, the books are so much better than the movies

I prefer the movies cause they don't waste as much as my life. And I don't think Stephanie Meyer can write. hmm

Exanimis wrote:

I am a heterosexual male but I have read many book written by and about women, From Louisa May Alcott's  Little Women to Jean M. Auel's Clan of the cave bears, I have read them all. I even read Herman Melville's Moby Dick with it's five pages describing the carvings on the bench of the tavern in the beginning. While I did read and greatly enjoy the Harry potter series, don't hate me, I simply could not get through the first Twilight book. The whole thing of the glow in the daylight vampires just got to me. Someone should tell that girl that she is falling in love with a corpse or are the vampires in Twilight not the living dead?

There's something to admire in a guy who actually reads! wink
I must agree with every word. The HP series was excellent (though the last 4-ish books just didn't grab me like the first 3, I think JKR was loosing it O.o),
and the Twilight series doesn't even compare! It just failed on so many levels, especially the point of Edward STALKING Bella -.-
And I'm not even gonna start ranting about the 'glittering' vamps again...

#91 2009-11-17 21:21:22

choondooga

Bella's a dumbass. Kristin Stewart cannot act.
Edward is a pixie. Robert Pattinson is . . . not sexy.
Jacob isn't a real werewolf. Taylor Lautner can throw a football! Did you see the Jay Leno show?

I am not taking my sister to see the movie, buwhahahaha!

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#92 2009-11-19 11:01:35

Daninsky
Website

Midnight-Vixen wrote:

I'm all for Jacob simply because the Cullens make us vampires look like sissies.

No, the fact that you're the "talking dead" is what makes you look like sissies, that and those stupid frizzy shirts you happen to wear... It's called the 21st century, people! That fact that your dressmaker died a few hundred yers ago is not a valid excuse! wink

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

Midnight-Vixen wrote:

And to be honest, the books are so much better than the movies

I prefer the movies cause they don't waste as much as my life. And I don't think Stephanie Meyer can write. hmm

Which doesn't invalidate the former statement, though. :p

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#93 2009-11-19 11:23:48

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

choondooga wrote:

I concur.

It's hard to scream with a throat full of glass

#94 2009-11-20 12:58:49

The Busboy
Administrator

Has anyone seen the movie yet?  If so, please give us your reviews/comments.

#95 2009-11-21 04:37:11

sheridan

I've seen it yesterday - it kinda sucked ;D
Although the part of the movie about werewolves was enjoyable. The transformation scenes are kinda cool, the werewolves here are just big (with the height of a human) wolves. But they didn't howl, there was no full moon, hell - even the scene where they rip apart some vampire was so gently caressing censored that it bascially showed nothing (guess 13 year olds wouldn't appreciate it).
Still, this part is the best from the whole movie.
Before that part we see how Bella copes after the break-up with Cullen (so sad....sad ) and after that there's the story about Cullen and Bella and obviously both of these parts suck.
At the end of the movie there's a little confrontation scene between Cullen and Jacob but it turns out to be nothing. I just hope that in the next part (think it's called Eclipse) they are finally gonna fight each other, and that pretty vampire boy gets his ass kicked!
I'd give it a week 6-/10 thanks to the werewolves. If it wasn't for them max. 4/10.

"When the moon is round and full
Gonna teach you tricks that'll blow your mongrel mind"

#96 2009-11-21 11:44:10

WereWolfH

yeah i heard it wasn't good either. Totally for the little girls. I'm still gonna see it, but dag I'm embarrassed to go now. I might wait and see it in the daytime.  I've read the book so I'll let ya know what got added and deleted (if i remember it right)

#97 2009-11-22 20:20:36

Chakor864

I likw th wolves in new moon they were good but it would have been better if they had been on 2 legs and looked more like the werewolves from van helsing

Chakor

#98 2009-11-23 19:22:36

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

Midnight-Vixen wrote:

lol
the Cullens make us vampires look like sissies.
I mean, come on, people! Vampires don't go out in the sunlight because they sparkle? I wish that was the least of my problems.

ok so you dont like it because they sparkle??...1 thing in a whole series...sure they got it totaly wrong but its fiction for a reason....personaly i still wish that she had gotten it right...but i still think that it is a good series smile...

choondooga wrote:

some people like her acting and think that what she did suted bellas persoanlity
and some people have different oppinions on what is "sexy"

Lupus

#99 2009-11-24 07:08:13

Daninsky
Website

I'll allow myself some cross quoting from another forum:

Best reason I heard to watch New Moon

"Oh yep: ogling Jacob going around half naked for half of the movie wasn't hard on me, not at all.  And I can't stand his character in the books, but I've got eyes."

big_smile

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#100 2009-11-24 15:05:31

WereWolfH

Wow okayyyyy, just saw this and the werewolves made this movie WICKED!!!! Yes they're big (6ft tall) wolves but it was still fun to watch. Personally I'd have rather seen some more scenes with them, but they added extra stuff that was only hinted in the books. Maybe someone in the book said something like we, "the werewolves took care of that problem" and the director was cool enough to SHOW THOSE WEREWOLF SCENES instead of just having an actor mention it.

Okay so they showed some of the clips in the trailers of the werewolves fighting. Trust me it doesn't compare when you see the movie, there are added sound effects and the vibrations of the loud music gave me chills. I was almost outta my seat when we saw all the werewolves for the first time!!!! No kidding and I'm thinking of seeing this movie again because of the werewolves. IT's been TOO LONG SINCE I'VE SEEN A GOOD WEREWOLF MOVIE. (take that back, Trick or Treat ruled)

Okay so this is slightly off topic but I was saddened to see how this movie got a little political as far as Hollywood is concerned. WE saw Harry Potter go downhill as far as the story (remember when everyone that had several lines in the movie and NOW they're basically extras? And Harry's taking all the lines) Well it's becoming like this for Twilight. I wanted to see Bella's friends more, I wanted to see Victoria more, I wanted to see Laurent in another scene, I wanted a lottttt more. Oh and what's up with Edward's family getting minimal screen time. Emmett's my favorite so I felt he should have had more lines and Rosalie.

Okay for those that haven't read the books, from a guy's perspective the director did good by cutting all the "I can't live without you" lines. thank GOODNESS!!! That whole scene towards the end when they're in Europe really could have been cut out. I dont' know, they should have had another scene. That was random. I wonder if they'll be in the next movie? The Voltrons or whatever they're called. smile

If you haven't seen it, you should read the synopsis on wikipedia and then go see it. If you haven't seen Twilight, then you need to read that on wikipedia as well.

So all those people that saw it please leave positive responses about the WEREWOLF SCENES (not just if you think Taylor looked hot shirtless) so that for the next movie (maybe even a fourth???) we can get more added werewolf scenes.

Board footer