The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#126 2010-02-13 21:08:09

WerewolfImmortal

Re: "New Moon" movie

choondooga wrote:

Ugh. Twilight . . .

ummm Twilight greenlit a lot of werewolf movies so chill out!

#127 2010-02-14 02:58:49

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

choondooga wrote:

Ugh. Twilight . . .

Noooo... twilight SHAMED werewolves! The wolves are supposed to be sifters (which it apparently states in the books), and even SHIFTERS where shamed!
Seven foot tall wolves do NOT equal shifter or werewolf! I'd rather the see the werewolves be less popular with no twilight than that crap.

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#128 2010-02-14 05:49:20

zockereinstein

I don't like Twilight movies too, but I consider that they don't go against werewolves. I mean, I am sure that its success will encourage other producers to create new werewolf movies, or at least movies with werewolves in them. How the werewolves were depicted on those movies is another different subject but, who's right or wrong when you talk about something that doesn't exist?

#129 2010-02-14 11:04:27

WerewolfImmortal

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

choondooga wrote:

Ugh. Twilight . . .

Noooo... twilight SHAMED werewolves! The wolves are supposed to be sifters (which it apparently states in the books), and even SHIFTERS where shamed!
Seven foot tall wolves do NOT equal shifter or werewolf! I'd rather the see the werewolves be less popular with no twilight than that crap.

NO WOLFMAN SEEMS TO BE SHAMING A LOT OF WEREWOLF MOVIES. It looks like it's only making 8 million dollars which means it's gonna be a flop. Meanwhile New Moon's going towards 800 million. And furthermore you need to get the latest Horror hound (if it's still out. Wolfman on the cover) so you can see the different types of werewolves!

unnngghhh in your faceeee haha

zockereinstein wrote:

I don't like Twilight movies too, but I consider that they don't go against werewolves. I mean, I am sure that its success will encourage other producers to create new werewolf movies, or at least movies with werewolves in them. How the werewolves were depicted on those movies is another different subject but, who's right or wrong when you talk about something that doesn't exist?

Not "will encourage" DID ENCOURAGE.

Last edited by WerewolfImmortal (2010-02-14 11:05:48)

#130 2010-02-14 13:32:37

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

NO WOLFMAN SEEMS TO BE SHAMING A LOT OF WEREWOLF MOVIES. It looks like it's only making 8 million dollars which means it's gonna be a flop. Meanwhile New Moon's going towards 800 million. And furthermore you need to get the latest Horror hound (if it's still out. Wolfman on the cover) so you can see the different types of werewolves!

MMm... I see. In my face right? Of course. How sad that I can't be a over-hormonal teenage girl too. *extreme sarcasm*

The Wolfman as been stated a thousand times, is an ADAPTION *look it the hell up*. It pays honor to the original 1941 classic that of course didn't have the technology we do today for werewolf movies. Now that we do however, they used that and put it to effect on the same style as the old version. It was a matter in keeping with the style and improving it.

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#131 2010-02-14 16:21:30

Dinobat

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

NO WOLFMAN SEEMS TO BE SHAMING A LOT OF WEREWOLF MOVIES.

Contrary to popular belief, caps lock is not cruise control for cool.

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

It looks like it's only making 8 million dollars which means it's gonna be a flop. Meanwhile New Moon's going towards 800 million. And furthermore you need to get the latest Horror hound (if it's still out. Wolfman on the cover) so you can see the different types of werewolves!

$51,627,000 made by an R-rated horror film released in February after receiving almost no hype and a very sparse marketing campaign seems damn good to me. And since when did how well a film performs at box office have anything to do with how good it is? New Moon's 800 million is proof enough of that fact.

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Twilight fans. Bastions of maturity.

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Hopefully, these films will be better than New Moon....not that it'd be very hard mind you.

Last edited by Dinobat (2010-02-14 16:30:36)

"Sorry Colonel, I meant to shoot you. I'm not the marksman I used to be, I must be getting old."

#132 2010-02-14 17:17:05

zockereinstein

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

zockereinstein wrote:

You're wrong. There have been so many things in development before Twilight. In fact, most of the actual werewolf projects have been developed BEFORE "new moon". You need some years to develop a movie project from "scratch" to "release". And I'll tell you more: in some years, when all this twilight thing will fade away, no one would be talking about this anymore on werewolf forums. Believe me, these products have very shot "lifespan".

#133 2010-02-14 22:12:31

choondooga

Things we have learned:
WolfImmortal is a Twilight Fan, and thus: (a. teenage or middle age - likely not a college student or older woman (b. a female (c. defensive about her choice of books.

Roi Doberwolf and Dinobat are cool.

Excellent deduction Watson!
However, I should like to point out . . .

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#134 2010-02-14 23:15:59

Minty

choondooga wrote:

Things we have learned:
WolfImmortal is a Twilight Fan, and thus: (a. teenage or middle age - likely not a college student or older woman (b. a female (c. defensive about her choice of books.

You've gotten two out of three right.  There's quite a few middle-aged women who've gone nuts over the Twilight series, and believe me when I say they are way, way scarier than any teenage girl could be.

That being said, it's likely WolfImmortal is a teenager, if we are to base our assumption on her "brilliant" rebuttals thus far.

@WolfImmortal:  It's nice you've found something that you love so much.  However, please accept the fact that not everyone will love the thing you love, and as such will trash it.  I'm sure you do the same thing with things you don't love that I do.  Which means I think you're a terrible, terrible person who deserves to be duct-taped to a chair and forced to watch the Care Bears Movie until your head explodes.  :Þ

"They flee from me, that sometime did me seek/With naked foot stalking within my chamber./Once have I seen them gentle, tame, and meek/That now are wild and do not once remember/That sometime they have put themselves in danger/To take bread at my hand; and now they range,/Busily seeking in continual change."--Thomas Wyatt, The Lover Showeth How He Is Forsaken of Such as He Sometime Enjoyed

#135 2010-02-15 09:23:03

WerewolfImmortal

choondooga wrote:

Things we have learned:

Roi Doberwolf and Dinobat are cool.

Excellent deduction Watson!
However, I should like to point out . . .

Things I've learned from Choondooga A) He's a looser virgin B) No female in the right mind would want anyone that could attack a "teenage girl" C) He's not made any good points b/c he knows the facts that Twilight and New Moon have both wooped Wolfman's tail in the box office D)It's a shame that a supposed "werewolf" fan can't acknowledge the fact that a werewolf film that he didn't like is successful and he can't rally his own nerdy looser group to make Wolfman as successful as the Twilight Saga

BOOOYAHHHHH, IN YOUR FACE!!!! AGAIN BY A GIRL!!!!

(WOW I'm great b/c the last two posts wanted to attack me insted of stating the facts that b/c of Twilight Wolfman was taken off the shelf, and Twilight's greenlited a lot of werewolf related stuff. Oh well, can't make everyone as brilliant as you. haha)

Minty please accept the fact that it's okay not to like something but to bash people because they like it is dumb. And two, the fact that you can't give Twilight a chance when it's helped a lot of werewolf stuff come out shows how unsmart you are when it comes to being a true werewolf fan. I might not have liked Skinwalker all the way, but dag I didn't bash it b/c movie people are probably looking at these websites and box office sales and if werewolf fans can't support stuff, future werewolf projects won't happen. And that's just what it is. And looking from the Wolfman trailer vs. New Moon trailer, our CGI is wayyyyy better. Listen don't hate the player hate the game.

(oh and I'm on the debate team, so you don't have a chance with me so all you lame haters go back to your Wolfman page until you can respect a great werewolf film. Toodles!!! smile)

Last edited by WerewolfImmortal (2010-02-15 09:30:51)

#136 2010-02-15 13:41:07

zockereinstein

Sorry, my fault. I thought it was a werewolf, but it was really a troll instead xD.

#137 2010-02-15 20:02:13

Dinobat

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Things I've learned from Choondooga A) He's a looser virgin B) No female in the right mind would want anyone that could attack a "teenage girl" C) He's not made any good points b/c he knows the facts that Twilight and New Moon have both wooped Wolfman's tail in the box office D)It's a shame that a supposed "werewolf" fan can't acknowledge the fact that a werewolf film that he didn't like is successful and he can't rally his own nerdy looser group to make Wolfman as successful as the Twilight Saga

Oh, so we've entered the childish insult portion of the argument? Fun times. Let me see if I can break down your strategy....

"NO UUUUU!!!!!!!!!!111111 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!"

That about right? Personally I don't think I could have painted a better portrait of you and those like you if I hard a paint brush and a canvas.

Oh, goody. You're doing half of our work for us.

(WOW I'm great b/c the last two posts wanted to attack me

It doesn't mean you're great, it just means people find you and your personal views to be repellent enough to warrant snarking.

insted of stating the facts that b/c of Twilight Wolfman was taken off the shelf,

AHAHAHAHAHA!

and Twilight's greenlited a lot of werewolf related stuff.

HA! HA! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh well, can't make everyone as brilliant as you. haha)

Ha. Ha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Minty please accept the fact that it's okay not to like something but to bash people because they like it is dumb. And two, the fact that you can't give Twilight a chance when it's helped a lot of werewolf stuff come out shows how unsmart you are when it comes to being a true werewolf fan.

'Unsmart?'

I'll let this part speak for itself.

For the record though, I have no problem with the fact that you like this God awful franchise. I'm not surprised really, since it was practically designed to pander to your demographic, it hits all the right buttons in all the right places at exactly the right time. It's not your fault really. We don't blame you any more than one would blame a mental patient for his insanity. It's your entire demeanor about the whole thing that's gotten everyone going.

And looking from the Wolfman trailer vs. New Moon trailer, our CGI is wayyyyy better. Listen don't hate the player hate the game.

Yes. Because CGI like, sooooo totally makes the movie. Cha. Just like Avatar....oh, wait.

Especially a movie like The Wolfman, in which the main allure of the effects is the practical make up done by Rick Baker. A master in his field paying homage to another master in his field.

(oh and I'm on the debate team,

I weep for your teammates.

so you don't have a chance with me so all you lame haters go back to your Wolfman page until you can respect a great werewolf film. Toodles!!! smile)

You're a gold mine of hilarity. And I'm not complementing you.

"Sorry Colonel, I meant to shoot you. I'm not the marksman I used to be, I must be getting old."

#138 2010-02-15 20:37:10

SouthPaw

Can't say I cared for the Twilight films either, but it's not my place to fault WI for liking them.  The real appreciation test though will occur many years from now when those movies and The Wolfman have moved on past the box office and begun collecting dust.  Which films will people be more inclined to cherish in their maturity?

Last edited by SouthPaw (2010-02-15 20:37:49)

#139 2010-02-15 21:13:49

WerewolfImmortal

Dinobat wrote:

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Oh, so we've entered the childish insult portion of the argument? Fun times. Let me see if I can break down your strategy....

"NO UUUUU!!!!!!!!!!111111 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!"

That about right? Personally I don't think I could have painted a better portrait of you and those like you if I hard a paint brush and a canvas.

Oh, goody. You're doing half of our work for us.

(WOW I'm great b/c the last two posts wanted to attack me

It doesn't mean you're great, it just means people find you and your personal views to be repellent enough to warrant snarking.

insted of stating the facts that b/c of Twilight Wolfman was taken off the shelf,

AHAHAHAHAHA!

and Twilight's greenlited a lot of werewolf related stuff.

HA! HA! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh well, can't make everyone as brilliant as you. haha)

Ha. Ha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Minty please accept the fact that it's okay not to like something but to bash people because they like it is dumb. And two, the fact that you can't give Twilight a chance when it's helped a lot of werewolf stuff come out shows how unsmart you are when it comes to being a true werewolf fan.

'Unsmart?'

I'll let this part speak for itself.

For the record though, I have no problem with the fact that you like this God awful franchise. I'm not surprised really, since it was practically designed to pander to your demographic, it hits all the right buttons in all the right places at exactly the right time. It's not your fault really. We don't blame you any more than one would blame a mental patient for his insanity. It's your entire demeanor about the whole thing that's gotten everyone going.

And looking from the Wolfman trailer vs. New Moon trailer, our CGI is wayyyyy better. Listen don't hate the player hate the game.

Yes. Because CGI like, sooooo totally makes the movie. Cha. Just like Avatar....oh, wait.

Especially a movie like The Wolfman, in which the main allure of the effects is the practical make up done by Rick Baker. A master in his field paying homage to another master in his field.

(oh and I'm on the debate team,

I weep for your teammates.

so you don't have a chance with me so all you lame haters go back to your Wolfman page until you can respect a great werewolf film. Toodles!!! smile)

You're a gold mine of hilarity. And I'm not complementing you.

by this post it's obvious Choondooga, Minty, and this Dinobat are the same person b/c I wasn't talking to Dinobat at all. SOOOOO BUSTED!!!! Find something else to do! Why don't you read the Wolfman novel.

#140 2010-02-15 21:17:58

WerewolfImmortal

SouthPaw wrote:

Can't say I cared for the Twilight films either, but it's not my place to fault WI for liking them.  The real appreciation test though will occur many years from now when those movies and The Wolfman have moved on past the box office and begun collecting dust.  Which films will people be more inclined to cherish in their maturity?

Haha, you know you'll never get the real answer. I know some of my brother's friends have Spice Girls "2 become 1" in their Ipods. Spice Girls rules by the way, and some people didn't like them. The point I'm making is that your post is just not too strong b/c it also depends on the company, success of dvd sales, etc. I like that old 80s movie with the boy in the wheelchair but I don't own it. Doesn't mean I don't like it. I like Wolfman, but I probably won't buy it. The original Wolf Man, I NEED TO GET THAT. Oh and I'm thinking about Blood and Chocolate! <I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT!!!! I LIKE THE COMIC BOOK ASPECT OF IT and I might wanna own a chocolate shop like them later on. haha>

Last edited by WerewolfImmortal (2010-02-15 21:18:21)

#141 2010-02-15 21:24:19

choondooga

Choondooga is a female.

Booyah?

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#142 2010-02-15 21:32:30

choondooga

Also, Choondooga is a straight-A full-time college student, so don't begin arguing with Choondooga about the logistics of literature. That is Choondooga's major.

- Gabe Ambrose

#143 2010-02-15 22:07:31

SouthPaw

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Haha, you know you'll never get the real answer. I know some of my brother's friends have Spice Girls "2 become 1" in their Ipods. Spice Girls rules by the way, and some people didn't like them. The point I'm making is that your post is just not too strong b/c it also depends on the company, success of dvd sales, etc. I like that old 80s movie with the boy in the wheelchair but I don't own it. Doesn't mean I don't like it. I like Wolfman, but I probably won't buy it. The original Wolf Man, I NEED TO GET THAT. Oh and I'm thinking about Blood and Chocolate! <I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT!!!! I LIKE THE COMIC BOOK ASPECT OF IT and I might wanna own a chocolate shop like them later on. haha>

This isn't an answer I'm expecting to "get" at any point, as I honestly have better things to do with my life than monitor the matter lol.  My post wasn't referring to sales figures, which is why I used the words 'appreciation' and 'cherish'.  In the end, box office numbers, dvd sales, and marketing blitz mean nothing with regard to my personal preference for films.  Titanic and Avatar dominate the box office charts, but you won't catch me watching those more often than the Evil Dead films years from now.

My point is what will people be more inclined to watch again ( whether or not they own them ), regardess of how well the film banked in revenue?  In particular, which of the above werewolf flicks will people continue to appreciate?

I liked the original Wolf Man, and Blood and Chocolate too, so no hard feelings.  I own a copy of Blood and Chocolate, but not the original Wolf Man.  That hasn't kept me from maintaining my appreciation for it though.  And I'll give the Spice Girls this much credit, whoever handled their marketing was a genius. smile

#144 2010-02-16 03:00:13

Minty

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

(WOW I'm great b/c the last two posts wanted to attack me insted of stating the facts that b/c of Twilight Wolfman was taken off the shelf, and Twilight's greenlited a lot of werewolf related stuff. Oh well, can't make everyone as brilliant as you. haha)

Minty please accept the fact that it's okay not to like something but to bash people because they like it is dumb. And two, the fact that you can't give Twilight a chance when it's helped a lot of werewolf stuff come out shows how unsmart you are when it comes to being a true werewolf fan. I might not have liked Skinwalker all the way, but dag I didn't bash it b/c movie people are probably looking at these websites and box office sales and if werewolf fans can't support stuff, future werewolf projects won't happen. And that's just what it is. And looking from the Wolfman trailer vs. New Moon trailer, our CGI is wayyyyy better. Listen don't hate the player hate the game.

(oh and I'm on the debate team, so you don't have a chance with me so all you lame haters go back to your Wolfman page until you can respect a great werewolf film. Toodles!!! smile)

I've quoted your entire post just so everyone who cares to read it can do so in the full context.

So you say you're on the debate team? Huh.  Obviously, you haven't learned a thing, because that is one of the saddest rebuttals I've ever seen.  Furthermore, I find it interesting that you keep referring to New Moon as a werewolf film--I thought it was a vampire movie that just so happened to have werewolves in it.  Another thing you seemed to have missed in debate--detailed analysis of the material presented before you.

Now, all this about debate I only know from friends in high school who were on debate themselves.  I was not one of that elite.  Instead, I spent my time reading books and observing the world around me.  As a direct result, I majored in English Lit in college, which basically means I got a degree in Bullshitting and How To Smell It.  And right now, my dear, I'm getting a noseful.  I'm sure you will have some comeback for me that you think is terribly cutting, and I encourage you to post it.  However, don't be so surprised if I don't respond.  Your juvenile responses indicates that any further attempt on my part to converse with you would be a waste of time and effort (especially since--and I really can't stress it enough--you have no sense for context or tone.  My original response to you? That was a joke, my dear.  I wouldn't force my worst enemy to watch the Care Bears Movie).

Best of luck, and I hope my diatribe penetrates somewhat into your skull.  Maybe your debate team will do better at their next competition with you pulling a little more of your weight.

"They flee from me, that sometime did me seek/With naked foot stalking within my chamber./Once have I seen them gentle, tame, and meek/That now are wild and do not once remember/That sometime they have put themselves in danger/To take bread at my hand; and now they range,/Busily seeking in continual change."--Thomas Wyatt, The Lover Showeth How He Is Forsaken of Such as He Sometime Enjoyed

#145 2010-02-16 07:00:24

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I don't know why you guys are even trying. We all know Stephanie Meyer can't write, so it follows logically that the films suck. Leave the Twilight troll to roll in her own Edward-induced drool and let us leave it at that.

Now let us return to the topic at hand.
Some reasons why New Moon and Twilight are pretty awful:

1) Jacob and Edward = Pedowolf and Pedovamp.
2) Even the actors didn't realise what they were getting into and now want to bail.
3) Feel sorry for Robert Pattinson, his acting career will now forever be scarred by his reputation as a) just a pretty face and b) a sparkling vampire.
4) The story is a drawn out period of Mary-Sue-esque constant unwarranted teenage angst.
5) Its' intrinsic worth is for pure comedy value only.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#146 2010-02-16 07:24:04

choondooga

This kid thinks we're the same person? Well, hello Me. And Myself. I suppose I must be I . . .

- Gabe Ambrose

#147 2010-02-16 07:25:20

choondooga

ShadyHowl wrote:

I don't know why you guys are even trying. We all know Stephanie Meyer can't write, so it follows logically that the films suck. Leave the Twilight troll to roll in her own Edward-induced drool and let us leave it at that.

Sounds like a plan.

- Gabe Ambrose

#148 2010-02-16 13:34:14

Minty

ShadyHowl wrote:

Some reasons why New Moon and Twilight are pretty awful:

1) Jacob and Edward = Pedowolf and Pedovamp.

An amusing aside for you all. . .

A few weeks ago, a bunch of my friends and I were discussing the Twilight phenomenon; specifically, how rabid the fans are.  This resulted in the reveal that there are Team Jacob and Team Edward camps, to which one of my friends (the one who got me interested in werewolves in the first place) replied:

"You know what I want? A tee-shirt that says 'Team Edward James Olmos.'

#149 2010-02-16 16:42:43

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

^ Reminds me of the team I joined on FaceBook: "Team Edward? Team Jacob? How about team shut-the-f**k-up?"

choondooga wrote:

ShadyHowl wrote:

Sounds like a plan.

No more poking troll? Aww... *hangs head and arm with stick in sorrow*

Moving on, to enphasize on my point of the wolves of New Moon NOT being 'werewolves'...
I shall quote the website (that I visited at the great cost of many braincells x.x) :

"While talking to the Volturi in Breaking Dawn, Edward reveals that the wolves of La Push are actually "shape-shifters" and not true werewolves.[1] The original Quileute shape-shifters apparently could have taken the form of any animal, but chose wolves. It is unknown if the Children of the Moon share the same attributes as the wolf shape-shifters. At the bonfire in Eclipse, the Quileutes say that shape-shifters are a natural enemy of vampires when telling their legend of the original tribe of shape-shifters who suddenly felt antagonism when they smelled a vampire's scent."

#150 2010-02-16 17:18:40

WerewolfImmortal

Minty wrote:

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

I've quoted your entire post just so everyone who cares to read it can do so in the full context.

So you say you're on the debate team? Huh.  Obviously, you haven't learned a thing, because that is one of the saddest rebuttals I've ever seen.  Furthermore, I find it interesting that you keep referring to New Moon as a werewolf film--I thought it was a vampire movie that just so happened to have werewolves in it.  Another thing you seemed to have missed in debate--detailed analysis of the material presented before you.

Now, all this about debate I only know from friends in high school who were on debate themselves.  I was not one of that elite.  Instead, I spent my time reading books and observing the world around me.  As a direct result, I majored in English Lit in college, which basically means I got a degree in Bullshitting and How To Smell It.  And right now, my dear, I'm getting a noseful.  I'm sure you will have some comeback for me that you think is terribly cutting, and I encourage you to post it.  However, don't be so surprised if I don't respond.  Your juvenile responses indicates that any further attempt on my part to converse with you would be a waste of time and effort (especially since--and I really can't stress it enough--you have no sense for context or tone.  My original response to you? That was a joke, my dear.  I wouldn't force my worst enemy to watch the Care Bears Movie).

Best of luck, and I hope my diatribe penetrates somewhat into your skull.  Maybe your debate team will do better at their next competition with you pulling a little more of your weight.

This is not smart. Nope nope nope. I've given evidence that New Moon is the bomb, box office sales, devoted fans, word of mouth, it's as big as the Beatles!!!! Get with it!!! haha. Besides, my responses aren't juvenile! New Moon really did sell 700+ million dollars. And it's STILL AT THE BOX OFFICE. I'll let you look on the web to see how New Moon stomped on Wolf Man as far as opening weekend also. Don't get mad at me, facts are facts. Period.

Board footer