The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#151 2010-02-16 17:23:24

WerewolfImmortal

Re: "New Moon" movie

ShadyHowl wrote:

I don't know why you guys are even trying. We all know Stephanie Meyer can't write, so it follows logically that the films suck. Leave the Twilight troll to roll in her own Edward-induced drool and let us leave it at that.

Now let us return to the topic at hand.
Some reasons why New Moon and Twilight are pretty awful:

1) Jacob and Edward = Pedowolf and Pedovamp.
2) Even the actors didn't realise what they were getting into and now want to bail.
3) Feel sorry for Robert Pattinson, his acting career will now forever be scarred by his reputation as a) just a pretty face and b) a sparkling vampire.
4) The story is a drawn out period of Mary-Sue-esque constant unwarranted teenage angst.
5) Its' intrinsic worth is for pure comedy value only.

She can't write, hmmmm, doesn't she have several books out? Hmmmm, and only people with no intellect resort to name calling. haha, and Jacob's not a pedophile he's a year younger than Belle so basically again you just showed YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM. WHAT A LAME PERSON TO DOG SOMETHING OUT IF THEY HAVEN'T SEEN IT. 2) someone's posted that and at the end of the day they did sign on to do it so..... I guess they didn't realize it was going to be a phenomenon. 3) He was in Harry Potter. Only time will tell. At the end of the day he's gotta be a millionaire so..

#152 2010-02-16 17:24:55

WerewolfImmortal

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

^ Reminds me of the team I joined on FaceBook: "Team Edward? Team Jacob? How about team shut-the-f**k-up?"

choondooga wrote:

ShadyHowl wrote:

I don't know why you guys are even trying. We all know Stephanie Meyer can't write, so it follows logically that the films suck. Leave the Twilight troll to roll in her own Edward-induced drool and let us leave it at that.

Sounds like a plan.

No more poking troll? Aww... *hangs head and arm with stick in sorrow*

Moving on, to enphasize on my point of the wolves of New Moon NOT being 'werewolves'...
I shall quote the website (that I visited at the great cost of many braincells x.x) :

"While talking to the Volturi in Breaking Dawn, Edward reveals that the wolves of La Push are actually "shape-shifters" and not true werewolves.[1] The original Quileute shape-shifters apparently could have taken the form of any animal, but chose wolves. It is unknown if the Children of the Moon share the same attributes as the wolf shape-shifters. At the bonfire in Eclipse, the Quileutes say that shape-shifters are a natural enemy of vampires when telling their legend of the original tribe of shape-shifters who suddenly felt antagonism when they smelled a vampire's scent."

uh oh, is this another username you created. hahahaha, how sad. Checkmate! go somewhere else. I won I won.

#153 2010-02-16 17:26:12

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

This is not smart.

Referring to your post(s)? Agreed.

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

I've given evidence that New Moon is the bomb, box office sales, devoted fans, word of mouth, it's as big as the Beatles!!!! Get with it!!! haha. Besides, my responses aren't juvenile! New Moon really did sell 700+ million dollars. And it's STILL AT THE BOX OFFICE. I'll let you look on the web to see how New Moon stomped on Wolf Man as far as opening weekend also. Don't get mad at me, facts are facts. Period.

*sigh* however, pointing this out repeatedly and NOT noticing how little we care is in fact acting juvenile.

...and I think John Lennon just rolled in his grave at being compared to a series about sparkling vampires.

Last edited by Roi Doberwolf (2010-02-16 17:40:54)

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#154 2010-02-16 19:02:06

Minty

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

Moving on, to enphasize on my point of the wolves of New Moon NOT being 'werewolves'...
I shall quote the website (that I visited at the great cost of many braincells x.x) :

"While talking to the Volturi in Breaking Dawn, Edward reveals that the wolves of La Push are actually "shape-shifters" and not true werewolves.[1] The original Quileute shape-shifters apparently could have taken the form of any animal, but chose wolves. It is unknown if the Children of the Moon share the same attributes as the wolf shape-shifters. At the bonfire in Eclipse, the Quileutes say that shape-shifters are a natural enemy of vampires when telling their legend of the original tribe of shape-shifters who suddenly felt antagonism when they smelled a vampire's scent."

Just for my own curiosity (which will probably kill me, as a result XD ), what do you think Meyer intended then, by calling them shapeshifters? Do you think she meant 'werewolf,' but didn't want to use the term? Or did she really mean to separate them out from what pop culture considers werewolves to be?

"They flee from me, that sometime did me seek/With naked foot stalking within my chamber./Once have I seen them gentle, tame, and meek/That now are wild and do not once remember/That sometime they have put themselves in danger/To take bread at my hand; and now they range,/Busily seeking in continual change."--Thomas Wyatt, The Lover Showeth How He Is Forsaken of Such as He Sometime Enjoyed

#155 2010-02-16 21:51:50

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

I can't really say for I stopped reading them after the first book, but from what I read on the site I got the info from,
she put more intelligent thought into the shifters than the vampires. The fact that the Native American 'werewolves' are considered shifters
(of of course the canis lupus variety), probably had something to do with her choosing of terms. If that's the case, I hope it's to separate.
It gives her series the only unique and good thing about it (though I still thing having them so large is a tad ridiculous).

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#156 2010-02-17 15:09:17

bdk336
Website

This has gone way too far. All of you need to chill out and put an end to this flame war right now. You have all acted like children and turned this into a personal battle with no end in sight. Just because someone disagrees you do not need to flame them and you don't need to fight back if they do the same to you. You have ALL acted like trolls by escalating the fight, you are only making yourselves look worse in trying to win an argument by demeaning the other side.

Act like civilized people: learn to listen to what other people are saying and to be mature when you feel they are challenging you, rather than lashing out. And even if you can't bring yourself to respect someone's opinion at least show them some measure of respect as a human being.

By no means are you obligated to listen to me, but I guarantee that if no one stops and admits that they have only been aggravating the conflict the mods will come down on this very soon.

So please don't let it come to that and do the right thing by walking away from this vicious cycle.

#157 2010-02-17 15:27:22

Minty

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

...(though I still thing having them so large is a tad ridiculous).

She isn't the first author to make her werewolves/shifters bigger than their human counterpart--Patricia Briggs does it, for one, and I know there are others that I can't recall right now off the top of my head.

I guess the reason I'm so curious is if she classifies them as just 'shapeshifters,' that would imply there are other shifters out there who may choose to shift into forms other than wolves, and that has me a bit intrigued.

"They flee from me, that sometime did me seek/With naked foot stalking within my chamber./Once have I seen them gentle, tame, and meek/That now are wild and do not once remember/That sometime they have put themselves in danger/To take bread at my hand; and now they range,/Busily seeking in continual change."--Thomas Wyatt, The Lover Showeth How He Is Forsaken of Such as He Sometime Enjoyed

#158 2010-02-17 16:34:25

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

Minty wrote:

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

...(though I still thing having them so large is a tad ridiculous).

She isn't the first author to make her werewolves/shifters bigger than their human counterpart--Patricia Briggs does it, for one, and I know there are others that I can't recall right now off the top of my head.

I guess the reason I'm so curious is if she classifies them as just 'shapeshifters,' that would imply there are other shifters out there who may choose to shift into forms other than wolves, and that has me a bit intrigued.

I haven't read nor heard of Briggs's work so I'll have to take your word for it. I've read other books though with shifters...
been awhile since I've read any actual books even to say whither or not they were called 'werewolves'.
I do not recall however any being 'giant wolves'. If that's your cup of tea, fine. It's just not mine.

And you have a good reason for pondering. I'm surprised I haven't thought of that myself.
Course unless Meyer tells of any other shifter clans, I guess we'll never know.
Can't say if it'd make her books better or not if there were other shifters of different species or not...

#159 2010-02-19 18:02:13

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Hmmmm, and only people with no intellect resort to name calling.

That's nice, but if you read my post over you'll see I didn't actually call you any names.

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Jacob's not a pedophile he's a year younger than Belle so basically again you just showed YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM. WHAT A LAME PERSON TO DOG SOMETHING OUT IF THEY HAVEN'T SEEN IT.

I've seen both films. From this YOU have just proved that you have not read the books, as later in the saga Jacob finds that he is 'destined' to fall in love with Renesme; Edward and Bella's daughter, and this cues rather a lot of creepy slightly paedophilic activity (in my opinion...) with Jacob doting on and raising this girl to be his mate. Also your comment that I am 'lame' sort of proves your own point above about people with no intellect resorting to name calling.

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

2) someone's posted that and at the end of the day they did sign on to do it so..... I guess they didn't realize it was going to be a phenomenon.

Yes but why do you think they have regrets about it now? In all seriousness?

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#160 2010-02-19 20:40:07

WerewolfImmortal

Listen, all of you in that one mind, I'm only answering b/c I'm in a good mood! smile They have regrets about it b/c they probably get followed everywhere, they're not given any respect by their peers (actors, major award shows like the Golden Globe folk), YOU GUYS, perhaps they've been offered rad roles that they've had to decline b/c of contractual agreements. Maybe theyr'e weakminded. I know with the guys they get pestered by people interviewing them who are old people that have to interview them b/c they can't get other work.

#161 2010-02-22 15:14:00

Minty

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

I do not recall however any being 'giant wolves'. If that's your cup of tea, fine. It's just not mine.

My general reaction to the "giant wolves" phenomenon is conditional; sometimes it's easy to swallow, so I let it go.  Other times, it's too ridiculous for me to get past it.  It all depends on the author.

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

Course unless Meyer tells of any other shifter clans, I guess we'll never know.
Can't say if it'd make her books better or not if there were other shifters of different species or not...

As a (ever-striving) author, I'm always interested in others' mythologies.  However, for me to willingly read another Meyer series, she'll have to up her writing skills considerably.  It's very frustrating to read hundreds of pages of what amounts to a mediocre bodice-ripper.

Not that I have anything against bodice-rippers; I just prefer that they be, at the very least, edited by someone else other than Meyer's current publisher.

#162 2010-03-01 21:10:41

WerewolfImmortal

19 days til DVD Release!!

#163 2010-03-02 07:19:45

Daninsky
Website

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

(though I still thing having them so large is a tad ridiculous).

Well, actually it's no more ridiculous as having a grown man or woman shift into regular wolf size, if you think about it, the person would have to be tiny by human standards for that to work out, that's why most authors write their (four pedal) werewolves as being bigger than a regular wolf. *shrug*

But what I really thought when I saw the wolf change in the trailer is that Stephenie was channeling the "Wargs" from LotR there.

Minty wrote:

As a (ever-striving) author, I'm always interested in others' mythologies.  However, for me to willingly read another Meyer series, she'll have to up her writing skills considerably.  It's very frustrating to read hundreds of pages of what amounts to a mediocre bodice-ripper.

Yep, I thought much the same. And maybe she really tapped into a new trend there, bodice rippers with and for teens. smile

Last edited by Daninsky (2010-03-02 07:22:29)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#164 2010-03-08 22:52:50

WerewolfImmortal

The OSCARS called Taylor Lautner!!!!! And they said he was  a werewolf from the Twilight Saga!!!! Great plug for werewolves!!

#165 2010-03-08 23:03:43

Rogue
Lunatic

Minty wrote:

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

Just for my own curiosity (which will probably kill me, as a result XD ), what do you think Meyer intended then, by calling them shapeshifters? Do you think she meant 'werewolf,' but didn't want to use the term? Or did she really mean to separate them out from what pop culture considers werewolves to be?

Well, as far as I can remember from the books, they weren't actually werewolves. Someone - a Cullen, I think - said that there were "real" werewolves, which would imply that in that world there are vampire, werewolves, and shape-shifters, which is what the Quileutes are. So I think she wanted a completely separate breed, to solve the problem of traditional werewolf rules such as the full moon. If she makes them something different, i.e. shape-shifters, she can create her own set of rules (such as the ability to shift at any time, or be the size of horses or mules or whatever she said) without the constraints of old legends. Although she didn't seem to mind ... changing ... vampire legend, so I could definitely be wrong.

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

#166 2010-03-10 11:14:09

WerewolfImmortal

Stephenie said they were werewolves, everyone's calling them WEREWOLVES. Geesh.

Oh confusing point I saw this morning that Wal-mart has an exclusive clip on their dvd, but I thought everyone had the Eclipse clip on their dvd?  who knows

#167 2010-03-10 12:46:56

KCat

Though the creatures think of themselves as werewolves, they are not. The more accurate name for them would be shape- shifters. The choice of a wolf form was purely chance. It could have been a bear or a hawk or a panther when the first change was made. These creatures truly have nothing to do with the Children of the Moon. They have merely inherited this skill from their fathers. It’s genetic—they do not continue their species by infecting others the way true werewolves do.

Caius, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 37

Last edited by KCat (2010-03-10 12:49:09)

#168 2010-03-10 23:07:29

WolfMontana

They're men who turn into wolves.

Werewolves! big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#169 2010-03-11 06:42:19

Daninsky
Website

WolfMontana wrote:

They're men who turn into wolves.

But... but... there's a wolf in every man... *shock*

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#170 2010-03-12 23:12:18

WolfMontana

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/lonemtnwolf/bunny.jpg

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#171 2010-03-13 01:07:48

Minty

^Cute! So, are you saying we should leave this particular subtopic behind? What else would you suggest we discuss RE NM movie?

#172 2010-03-17 13:21:43

The Busboy
Administrator

The DVD comes out on Saturday.

#173 2010-03-20 18:13:33

WerewolfImmortal

Okay did anyone else go to a midnight party besides me!! There was a hot model that looked like Laurent with dreds and nnooooo shirt. His face was glittery oh my gosh he was hot. And then there was a guy that was dressed like Edward with a gray jacket!! I got a picture with him like the movie trailer. He was hooottttt.

#174 2010-03-24 20:51:27

WereWolfH

Hey did anyone get this? What kind of summaries could you give for the deleted scenes? I know one of them is that redhead Victoria (I think's her name) had kidnapped a couple and is talking crazy while they're in the car. What else is there?

There isn't an extended fight scene of Laurent vs. the other wolves perhaps? I hope so.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#175 2010-03-25 00:30:36

Rogue
Lunatic

Here's some deleted scenes from the DVD . . .
www.bellaandedward.com/newmoondvd

Last edited by Rogue (2010-03-25 00:36:23)

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

Board footer