The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-21 02:49:59

BlueMoonAtratci

How did you come to know your a therian?

yeah im way to curious for my own good here but i want to know. as for me ever since I was little I always knew I was diffrent from everyone else. I always had a feeling that i just didnt fit in with anyone.most five years old would like playing video games, playing tag. or something like that. I would just always be outside or staying to myself alot. and when I couldnt be outside I would get angry or sad. I hated meeting new people, and i still do at times, I just start feeling real uncomfortable when im out in public by myself around large groups of people. i like having a family member or real close friend with me. and then theres me and my obession with wolves. as long as i could remeber ive loved them and I still do. i used to always watch wolf/werewolf movies as a kid any other movie just didnt catch my attention. I used to have strange dreams to and i know dreaming about being an animal in your dreams doesnt mean your Therian, everyone does that. but i can remember one dream I had when I was four It was about a werewolf in my bed and having it steal my socks xD. and everytime I would go into the woods behind my house I always felt like I knew excatly where I was going, but i didnt? its sorta confusing. theres alot more I could list here but im trying not to make this to long. But anyways I think I finally knew I was Therian at age 14, im 19 now. and ever since then ive been alot happier than what I used to be.  so what is your alls stories?

#2 2009-01-23 00:35:40

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: How did you come to know your a therian?

Long and boring. I grew up, went to college, and got a job. It's been fun though - you just hadta be there.....

#3 2009-01-25 13:05:43

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Well... it was over a few years actually, I started to find that, as I discovered new placer deeper inside of me, they were more "dragonish".  So a few years went by, and in high school, I finally figured out that I was a dragon on the inside or whatever, so then I found the therian community.  Within the first year, I realized that I had another therian aspect of me, in a different way though, because I was a were-raccoon.  Like I said a minute ago: it's a long, drawn out process of self understanding...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#4 2009-01-31 00:12:00

TSDX WERENIMAL HUNTER
P.h.e.o.e.n.e.x Operative

Can Anyone Inform Me Of Lycanthrope Anatomy? Zandt I Think I Need Your Help.

All Ur Base R Belong 2 Us come quietly and your eyebrows will not be burned off....that would not be pleasant would it?

Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! (For real this time) With 30% more TS 30% more DX 60% more weapons and 99% more evilness and destruction!!

#5 2009-01-31 03:41:51

WolfVanZandt
Website

I probably can't help you much. There hasn't been that much legitimate research done. All I can do is speculate and most of my speculations lean more toward physiology than anatomy.

#6 2009-01-31 12:53:10

TSDX WERENIMAL HUNTER

Whoah!! I Think I Can Write My Report Now.

All Ur Base R Belong 2 Us come quietly and your eyebrows will not be burned off....that would not be pleasant would it?

Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! (For real this time) With 30% more TS 30% more DX 60% more weapons and 99% more evilness and destruction!!

#7 2009-02-05 09:19:53

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

clinteastwood95 wrote:

I don't know. Am I?

Probably not tongue

I came to know that I felt odd and different and behaved differently to everyone else I knew. When I first read about therianthropy and lots of the 'symptoms' matched, it was like a light suddenly clicked in my head and I realised that that was what I had. Simple as, really.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#8 2009-02-05 21:28:19

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Well only you can decide dude, but if you're really not sure, I'd say you probably aren't. Therianthropy should in some way explain the way you feel, if it doesn't, then I doubt you are a therian.

#9 2009-02-05 22:17:16

WolfVanZandt
Website

That is a rather profound insight, Shady. I think I'd go on to say that, if therianthropy doesn't explain the way you are, then you're probably not a Therian. It's the piece of the puzzle that suddenly makes your life experience make sense.

#10 2009-02-05 22:30:20

TSDX WERENIMAL HUNTER

I Think Its Kinda Ike Bi-polar Syndrome

#11 2009-02-06 01:56:26

WolfVanZandt
Website

Affect disorders are fairly common in the Therian community but nowhere nearly universal.

#12 2009-02-06 09:16:02

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

That is a rather profound insight, Shady. I think I'd go on to say that, if therianthropy doesn't explain the way you are, then you're probably not a Therian. It's the piece of the puzzle that suddenly makes your life experience make sense.

Yeah, that is kind of what I was getting at; forgive my lack of a way with words smile

#13 2009-02-06 09:23:31

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

I just figured out I am, and trust me, I didn't expect it. So, Shady, anything can and will happen.

<3

#14 2009-02-06 09:24:17

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

clinteastwood95 wrote:

Just because I don't have a full understanding of it. That is probably why I said that.

Read the 'Am I Werewolf/Therian' thread from first page to last. This may help somewhat.

Last edited by ShadyHowl (2009-02-06 09:24:47)

#15 2009-02-06 09:27:31

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

LycanJayBoy wrote:

I just figured out I am, and trust me, I didn't expect it. So, Shady, anything can and will happen.

Well fair enough, I'm not disputing that. Each of us can only speak from our own experiences, and what they've taught us. There's no way of getting into every therian's head and knowing exactly how they found they were a therian. We can rely only on our own experience. I'm not saying that anyone else's way of deciding is invalid, I can only comment on what I've noticed to be common trends in myself and others.

#16 2009-05-21 17:47:21

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

being a therian is extremely uncommon, and it's mainly abstract feelings which delegate into more solid things until you're acting on them.  I'd have to hear your personal account, but statistically, it's much more likely that you are simply a werewolf-fan.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#17 2009-05-21 19:29:15

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

I think the statical analysis is lacking a lot for there to be a an accurate percentage of individuals who are a Therian.  If you were to say conduct a pole of a nation on how many individuals identify with being a Therian the results would be skewed. The first reason would be some individuals don't know, which could be fairly large and the reason behind that could lie in how society is constructed. The second and larger reason would be if a survey was given how many would actually admit it. On this site there have been plenty of discussions about if they would tell anyone, how to tell someone, ext. This lack of response would skew data as well. In the end I feel that there in general isn't very many but that it may not be as uncommon as it is believed to be.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#18 2009-05-21 21:01:53

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

clinteastwood95 wrote:

aww all of you just ruin the fun of it dont ya?

The "Fun" of it?  You think this is for "Fun"?  You think life is like some sort of game, where you can just pick up personas and play as them for a while until you get bored and chose a new character to play as?  No.  That is not the way life works.  Life is about real things that really happen, not the fantasies you think are "fun".  You cannot simply decide that you like one version of "reality" better than another because it is not a work of fiction for you to simply make up as you go.  If you don't like the facts, then stop asking for them in a serious area and take it to some roleplaying site.
If you are not a therian, then you simply aren't one and should just drop it.  Don't even try to pretend that you are, you're only wasting your own time and demeaning the real ones.
Now, you may be asking, "why is Sherlawk clawing me down?".  Because the concept of what you just said will take you down a long path that only leads to inner despair and self-deception.  You don't want to start talking about how not being something you aren't isn't "fun", or how "it would be cool to be" something you aren't, because that's not how it works, and when you demean it to something like that you are saying that it is meaningless to figure out and people can simply choose whether they are something or not, which is wrong.  I've seen people try to do it, I've seen them waste years on a lie, a fantasy, wasting away in their delusions.  The ones who come back from it have only hurt themselves and others, and find themselves unhappy with a long span of wasted time behind them.

Now: Are you a Therian?  I already told you: I don't know.  If that's your attitude though, then you're simply not ready to try and find out.

#19 2009-05-21 21:11:25

LerangFang

clinteastwood95 wrote:

aww all of you just ruin the fun of it dont ya?

Forcefully having to act like an animal  ain't fun. I agree with Sherlawk. Therianthropy isn't suppose to be fun, and if you really want to find out, then I suggest you actually see the topic for what it is. A curse, a condition.

This is a serious topic, there isn't fun and games when you put it together.

You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit on the mount of assembly on the heights of Zaphon; I will ascend to the tops of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High."
Obviously that didn't work too well now did it lucie? =/

#20 2009-05-21 23:28:12

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, don't swing so far in the other direction, either. Therianthropy isn't a curse. It's simply what some people are. Frankly, I'm having a blast, but it's not because I'm a Therian, but simply because I've learned how to enjoy life. I'm convinced that a person is happiest when they maximize their own real potential to form constructive relationships with the people and things in their environment.

#21 2009-05-21 23:39:11

Vindicator
Website

The words of a true genius.

#22 2009-05-22 17:46:22

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Well, don't swing so far in the other direction, either. Therianthropy isn't a curse. It's simply what some people are. Frankly, I'm having a blast, but it's not because I'm a Therian, but simply because I've learned how to enjoy life. I'm convinced that a person is happiest when they maximize their own real potential to form constructive relationships with the people and things in their environment.

I agree, and therianthropy has nothing to do with that.

#23 2009-05-22 19:40:20

bdk336
Website

nothing about yourself has anything to do with that unless you make it have something to do with it.

#24 2009-05-23 00:42:43

Vindicator
Website

Yeah it seems that individuals can make anything a blessing or a curse it all depends on their perspective of the situation.

#25 2009-05-23 01:54:51

WolfVanZandt
Website

exactly....

Board footer