The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#51 2009-07-02 02:41:20

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Re: How did you come to know your a therian?

TheGremlin wrote:

And as for the topic at hand...I can't really say 'how' as currently I'm still on a bit of a realisation for it. At first I denied, but now I think it's just figuring it out a bit more. Its always been there, but I haven't recognised it...then again since it's been a part of me how could I distinguish it from myself?
That probably sounded very random indeed, wonder if it even makes sense? Ah, I've never been good at making sense.

I think I'm in a similar boat. It is really weird to "realize" something that was always there, and always a part of you. I think I have moved past the realization part and am moving towards accepting it, as in I know it, and it feels right, and yet my logic still tells me to deny it. The other thing about it is does it really matter to put the term "Therian" to it? Weather I list it as such or not is irrelevant because what ever "it" is, is still a part of me, and integral deep part and it never had a label before so does it necessarily need a label? I spent hours working out questions in that paper I posted, and I believe I came to some powerful answers, and I even decided that I do in fact fit into the term based on my understanding of the definition, but I still wonder if it is necessary to look at all those questions and try and find answers, as the question seems to be more important than the answer, and to have the answer. "Yes, I am a Therian" seems to be an after thought, not actually the purpose of looking to see what that realized part is, although I do think that part of finding that answer makes it easier to understand, or even gives a way to relate to others, but I'm still very much in a debate between my instinct saying it is the truth and my logic that is denying the existence of  me having the deep essence of a wolf. Well I think I have probably rambled on too much by now and am probably more nonsensical than you Grem. hmm

Last edited by Vindicator (2009-07-02 02:57:41)

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#52 2009-07-03 06:31:46

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

I completely understood that Vin! You put that a million times better then I could of! It made sense to me anyway! big_smile

A personal problem I came across is this idea of a label...a 'Therian'. I've never been one to define myself using labels of such, and so after 'realising' that I believed I was indeed, a Therian...I got a few conflicts. I'm 'me', I don't need a label to define who I am. Even one of my close friends who do know commented on how strange it was for me to actually accept what seems to be a label.

And as you said above

Vindicator wrote:

I'm still very much in a debate between my instinct saying it is the truth and my logic that is denying the existence of  me having the deep essence of a wolf

Thats something I'm constantly having a debate with. I'm guessing if we both are, then a lot of Therians also struggle with this conflict.

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#53 2009-07-05 21:09:19

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Basically...
Ever since I was 12, I've kind of felt it growing inside me I guess.  That's when I started having having the phantom ear sensation, which is now completely permanent it seems.  At first, I attributed it to an overactive imagination, but then...it started getting a little more intense.  I started having dreams of being a wolf, and the feeling in them was incredible.  I can remember every single wolf dream I've ever had pretty vividly...the feeling of serenity, the "everything is right with the world" kinda feeling that came with them...well, it made me want those dreams even more.  It got to the point where I actually started wishing for those dreams on stars...stupid I know, but I was basically a kid, haha.  And...well, it progressed from wolf-dreams to even more phantom limb sensations (the tail, even claws and teeth) and to phantom 'shifts', where I felt kind of like I was turning into a wolf but I knew good and damn well I wasn't. 

I couldn't put a name on it until I came to this board though, about two years ago.
At first, I thought "nahh...that's rediculous..." but then I actually started to truly think about it, and I've decided it feels pretty right. 

TheGremlin wrote:

And as you said above

Vindicator wrote:

I'm still very much in a debate between my instinct saying it is the truth and my logic that is denying the existence of  me having the deep essence of a wolf

Thats something I'm constantly having a debate with. I'm guessing if we both are, then a lot of Therians also struggle with this conflict.

I'm going to third this.  This is exactly how I feel, haha.
My logical side is going, "WAIT!  What are you getting into?!" but another part of me is like "This is YOU...deal with it!"  I'm pretty sure about what I am though. It's just weird to think about.

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#54 2009-07-10 09:31:07

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

Totalimmortal wrote:

Basically...
Ever since I was 12, I've kind of felt it growing inside me I guess.  That's when I started having having the phantom ear sensation, which is now completely permanent it seems.  At first, I attributed it to an overactive imagination, but then...it started getting a little more intense.  I started having dreams of being a wolf, and the feeling in them was incredible.  I can remember every single wolf dream I've ever had pretty vividly...the feeling of serenity, the "everything is right with the world" kinda feeling that came with them...well, it made me want those dreams even more.  It got to the point where I actually started wishing for those dreams on stars...stupid I know, but I was basically a kid, haha.  And...well, it progressed from wolf-dreams to even more phantom limb sensations (the tail, even claws and teeth) and to phantom 'shifts', where I felt kind of like I was turning into a wolf but I knew good and damn well I wasn't. 

I couldn't put a name on it until I came to this board though, about two years ago.
At first, I thought "nahh...that's rediculous..." but then I actually started to truly think about it, and I've decided it feels pretty right. 

TheGremlin wrote:

And as you said above

Vindicator wrote:

I'm going to third this.  This is exactly how I feel, haha.
My logical side is going, "WAIT!  What are you getting into?!" but another part of me is like "This is YOU...deal with it!"  I'm pretty sure about what I am though. It's just weird to think about.

its funny.... it seem like to me people are just more trying to be something unique for me realizing that their was a cummunity of people like me and knowing a name for my people helped so much rather than  having noting but shows/movies to go on

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#55 2009-07-29 16:15:36

WerewolfLeaAnn

Vindicator wrote:

I think the statical analysis is lacking a lot for there to be a an accurate percentage of individuals who are a Therian.  If you were to say conduct a pole of a nation on how many individuals identify with being a Therian the results would be skewed. The first reason would be some individuals don't know, which could be fairly large and the reason behind that could lie in how society is constructed. The second and larger reason would be if a survey was given how many would actually admit it. On this site there have been plenty of discussions about if they would tell anyone, how to tell someone, ext. This lack of response would skew data as well. In the end I feel that there in general isn't very many but that it may not be as uncommon as it is believed to be.

well another thing is that the way people think are largely affected by the way they where raised. many were raised to not believe in stuff like that.

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#56 2009-07-29 16:18:17

WerewolfLeaAnn

by the way i knew that i was therian since i was 14. Im 15 going on 16 now. well 14 is when i reliezed what i was. i knew i was different since like the 5th grade. I cant explain how i knew though.

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

Board footer