The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-18 14:44:50

katz

Chapter one: Nightmares and Kisses

The dream was the same that haunted me every night since my escape from my prison. I was wandering around a dark hall, the walls flickering from the small candle I was using to find my way. The room looked familiar and I crunched my eyes closed trying to remember how I knew this place. Then the sounds of screaming drew my attention to the back of the room. I hurried now, my candle almost extinguishing its self as I run across the room. The sound gets louder and then suddenly I slam into an invisible barrier. No matter how much I try, I can’t get any closer to the young girl screaming in the corner. I peer through the glass like structure and then I start to scream along with the girl, fear and distress causing me to fall to my knees. I start to weep and shiver, as I watch my younger self being whipped by a hooded figure, each lash ripping the skin of her unprotected body. She falls to the ground, huddling into a ball and crying out. The dark figure continues his torture, her blood now running across the floor to where I was frozen on the floor. It run through the barrier and seeped around my knees and hands. Lifting my now glistening hands up to my face, I hear her scream one last time: “Daddy, it hurts so much! Stop Daddy, I’ll be a good girl, Daddy, DADDY!!!!” I hear her calling and push my hands to cover my ears and drown out the screaming and my father’s quiet laughter.

The sound of thunder caused me to wake suddenly, and the flash of lightning made me launch from my sweat soaked blankets to the corner of the room. I could not control the growl that erupted from my mouth, filling the room with my low rumbling. My blue eyes scanned around quickly, not taking in the room around me. Within my head, the screams and laughter started to magnify till it seemed to be coming from the room’s walls, taunting my shaking figure. Falling to my knees I curled up into a tight ball, mirroring the young girl in my dream. I let out a heart breaking howl and whimpered to myself, my dream taking over my consciousness.
I hear footsteps come into my room and hear someone gasp in distress. The footsteps quickly rush across the room, and I hear a voice from far away trying to get into my conscious, and cool hands collected me into someone’s warm arms. I remember the feeling of being lifted and carried, not to my bed as I feared but out the room and down the hall. The dream was slowly evaporating and exhaustion was taking its place. I heard someone mumbling it would be alright, that I was safe. My rescuer sits on a big soft chair, collecting my body close to him. I hear his soft mumbling and his steady heart beat. The dream is gone and the fear is slowly disappearing, as I feel the man slowly rub my arm and back. I snuggle closer, giving out a quiet whimper before sleep captures me and draws me softly after her. This time no dreams haunted me, the sound of a distant heart beat keeping me sane and safe. 

Sunlight was shining softly through the curtains, and for a second I don’t remember where I am. Quickly jumping to my feet, I’m distracted by someone’s quiet yelp. Looking down, I realise that I’ve just elbowed James in the chest. He is rubbing the spot while watching cautiously, staring at me under sleepy eyelids. It takes me a few seconds more to realise that I had been sleeping on him! A low growl started to build up in me, as I stare at his slowly blushing face. I let it come out as quiet warning for him, and he hastily glances away from my eyes, his face becoming redder by the minute.

“You better have a good explanation for this mutt.” I grumbled at him. His quickly looked at me and despite my anger; I could not quiet resist admiring his green eyes.

“You did again,” he explained faintly, looking at me again with worry. “I heard you from my outside. I was going to leave you till you started howling and...” he left the rest unsaid as he slowly got to his feet, stretching his arms above his head.

Once again I cursed myself for admiring his lean body as he stretched, probably tender from spending the night on the couch with me on him. I blushed slightly at the thought, and he raised an eyebrow in a silent question. I just grumbled under my breath and winced as he started to chuckle. Looking properly around the room, I spotted his large double bed and realised I was staring at it when he sneaked up behind me.
“I could have taken you into my bed with me” he whispered to me, his voice filled with repressed humour. Now my face was flushing bright red as he saw me think about it.  He burst out laughing again, reached around me and kissed me swiftly on the cheek and quickly hurried out of the room before I could respond. I got to admit I was slow in reacting, and by the time I was growling with anger and embarrassment, I heard the front door slam as James made his escape.

You’re not getting off so easy, I thought to myself and I glanced at his window. Rushing across the room, I pulled open his curtains and saw him walking leisurely around the end of the garden, keeping watch on the front door. He smiled to himself as he thought he had gotten away with teasing me. Looking down, I measured the distance to the ground. Although we were on the second story up, I opened the window and pulled myself up onto the window sill and let myself drop out to the waiting garden below. I fell rapidly through the air, and I felt the freedom and relief that I was finally outside. Bracing myself, I landed quietly in Brendon’s best rose bush, snapping the heads of two of the flowers. I grimaced to myself and looked towards the bottom of the garden. James was now lying on his back, sure of his victory. I hurried towards the shed a few feet away to my right, and quickly hid behind it. Grabbing my shoes, I removed them, flowed by my trousers, under wear and top. When I was standing naked behind the small wooden shed, I bent forward and concentrated.

The change came quickly, and I only felt an uncomfortable twisting of my body, the pain long ago forgotten after the hundreds of times I had transformed. It was over quickly, and after a few minutes, I was stalking across the garden, my russet coat blending in with the long grass. I had my target in sight, and I pulled myself across the garden on my stomach, my tongue hanging out like an over excited puppy. I glanced over my shoulder, and sure enough, my tail was wagging madly. I sighed under my breath, and tried to stop its mad dance. It behaved while I crawled neared to James, but as my excitement grew, it started up again. I was about 6 feet away when I saw him quickly sit up and sniff the air. His forehead wrinkled in his confusion and I knew I had to act now. Bending down, I prepared my body and using my back legs, I propelled myself through the air and I let out a loud growl before landed squarely on his body, knocking the air out of him.

He let out a loud yelp and his eyes were wild and scared until he looked into my dark blue eyes. Then he let out a loud growl and he knocked me of his body, growling louder all the time. Then he looked at me with mischief on his face and started to deliberately remove his top shirt. His t – shirt was moulded to his gorgeous body, out lining his strong muscles and fit build. I caught my breath as this was the next to go, followed by one shoe and then the next.  His hands were reaching for his belt when I swallowed loudly, my wolf self wanting something my human self would never admit. He looked into my eyes, his eyes suddenly flashing brighter and I was memorised with the sultry look he was giving me. It was too late when I realised that his belt was of and he had the button of his jeans open, and then suddenly I felt my control slip and I blacked out for a minute to wake to find myself human and naked lying at his feet. I glanced up slowly, my brain still to full of wolf desire to feel embarrassed. He must have taken pity on me, because I heard a hushed laugh and I felt him cover me with his shirt.

I heard movement above me and looked up at him, and realised he was putting his belt back on, a smug look on his face. He then slumped down beside me, and pulled me so that I was lying across this lap. I knew I should complain and storm away, but my brain was still thinking of his body and what his scent did to me. Just thinking about it caused me to curl my toes. His hand gently went under my chin and once again I was looking into his eyes. They were bright and fill of unspoken promises. I consciously pulled myself taller, feeling the heat of his body soak through his thin shirt. My eyes must have asked the question I couldn’t because the next minute, his warm lips were on mine and my wolf self howled with success and possession within my brain. My mouth opened and I tasted his flavour, my tongue shyly toughing his. I heard a growl from his throat and suddenly the kiss turned harder and deeper, and unconsciously I grabbed his hair to pull him closer. Both our heart beats were racing and only when I felt him put his hand down under my shirt, touching my bare skin did I realise I was lying naked in the garden, within sight of Brendon and the rest of the world, hoping James would make love to me. I pushed against him, and I saw him looked confused and upset before he too seemed to realise where and what we were doing. I heard him mumble something against my neck and for a minute I tingled with his touch and I wanted to forget everyone else. A possessive growl escaped past my lips and I looked in shock into his started eyes, before he burst out laughing and pulled me to my feet. I saw that the shirt barely covered my bottom, and I blushed red and pulled away from him and hurried up the garden to get my clothes, cursing and congratulating my wolf self as I went.

Last edited by katz (2009-02-18 14:45:30)

#2 2009-02-18 21:42:53

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Re: Chapter one: Nightmares and Kisses

This is a curious story, Katz. You begin with a nightmare, continue it with teasing and joking, and then proceed into an erotic, possibly forbidden love. That's a lot of ground to cover in a dozen paragraphs, yet each one invokes the appropriate emotion in the reader. Good Job there!

However, the lack of explanation on the circumstances has a tendency to make the story a little dizzying, leaving the readers a little more confused than the characters. Granted, things may come into light as you continue the story, but going so far without explanation could lose a few readers before you get to said explanations. There were also a few spelling and tense anomalies that a spell checker may not necessarily catch, so you may want to proofread before your final postings.

Even so, you have some very wonderful descriptions of the feelings and inclinations of the characters, making it easy for the reader to relate to the characters' feelings - just not necessarily the characters themselves yet, is all.

It's obvious to me that you have some character explanations and development in mind, it's just the story hasn't gotten there yet. Therefore I encourage you to continue, so we can get to know these characters and what you have in store for them.

Keep ti coming, Katz!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#3 2009-02-19 11:16:29

katz

Thank you for the advice. I have added and rewrote some of the story, as it was never meant to flow that fast. I have added extra info about the characters back ground which I hope will make it make more sense. Hopefully ive corrected the first person view to, as I realise i was writing in present and past at the same time. roll

So heres my second attempt, feel free to tell me about any spelling, grammar errors. Enjoy.

Nightmares and Kisses

The dream was the same that haunted me every night since my escape from my prison. I was wandering around a dark hall, the walls flickering from the small candle I was using to find my way. The Tall walls towered above me, and the shadows seem to whisper behind me as I walked towards the large dark door beckoning me across the room. On the great walls were pictures depicting torture and death, the victim’s faces in the paintings screaming in pain and despair. I tried to ignore these, but I still felt like their eyes followed my every move.  The room looked familiar and I crunched my eyes closed trying to remember how I knew this place.

At the back of my mind, I remembered my prison, the pain and the laughter. I quickly reminded myself that I was now safe, that they had come and rescued me. I tried to remember the faces of my rescuers but only vaguely remembered a pair of intense green eyes before my concentration was shattered.  Then the sounds of screaming drew my attention to the back of the room. I hurried now, my candle almost extinguishing its self as I run across the room. The sound gets louder and then suddenly I slam into an invisible barrier. No matter how much I try, I can’t get any closer to the young girl screaming in the corner. I peer through the glass like structure and then I start to scream along with the girl, fear and distress causing me to fall to my knees. I start to weep and shiver, as I watch my younger self being whipped by a hooded figure, each lash ripping the skin of her unprotected body. She falls to the ground, huddling into a ball and crying out. The dark figure continues his torture, her blood now running across the floor to where I was frozen on the floor. It run through the barrier and seeped around my knees and hands. Lifting my now glistening hands up to my face, I hear her scream one last time: “Daddy, it hurts so much! Stop Daddy, I’ll be a good girl, Daddy, DADDY!!!!” I hear her calling and push my hands to cover my ears and drown out the screaming and my father’s quiet laughter.

The sound of thunder caused me to wake suddenly, and the flash of lightning made me launch from my sweat soaked blankets to the corner of the room. I could not control the growl that erupted from my mouth, filling the room with my low rumbling. My blue eyes scanned around quickly, not taking in the room around me. Within my head, the screams and laughter started to magnify till it seemed to be coming from the room’s walls, taunting my shaking figure. Falling to my knees I curl up into a tight ball, mirroring the young girl in my dream. I let out a heart breaking howl and whimper to myself, my dream taking over my consciousness.

All of a sudden I was back in my prison, the place where I had grown up in. My father stood beyond my bars and looking upon his face I no longer saw the love that use to be there. His eyes were almost black with the hate he had within him. In one hand, he held his long whip, the ends flashing with the metal hooks that were attached to them. The whip was stained a rusty red, and I knew that if I smelled, I would smell the metallic scent of blood, my blood. I was on my knees in the corner of my cell, trying to hide my naked body with an old dirty blanket. He just smiles and walks away, suddenly laughing wickedly when he hears my quiet whimper of fear.

I hear footsteps come into my room and listen to someone gasp in distress. The footsteps quickly rush across the room, and I hear a voice from far away trying to get into my conscious, and cool hands collected me into someone’s warm arms. I remember the feeling of being lifted and carried, not to my bed as I feared but out the room and down the hall. The dream was slowly evaporating and exhaustion was taking its place. I hear someone mumbling it would be alright, that I was safe. My rescuer sits on a big soft chair, collecting my body close to him. I pay attention to his soft mumbling and his steady heart beat. The dream is gone and the fear is slowly disappearing, as I feel the man slowly rub my arm and back. I snuggle closer, giving out a quiet whimper before sleep captures me and draws me softly after her. This time no dreams haunted me, the sound of a distant heart beat keeping me sane and safe. 

Sunlight was shining softly through the curtains, and for a second I don’t remember where I am. Quickly jumping to my feet, I’m distracted by someone’s quiet yelp. Looking down, I realise that I’ve just elbowed James in the chest. He is rubbing the spot while watching cautiously, staring at me under sleepy eyelids. It takes me a few seconds more to realise that I had been sleeping on him! A low growl started to build up in me, as I stare at his slowly blushing face. I let it come out as quiet warning for him, and he hastily glances away from my eyes, his face becoming redder by the minute.

“You better have a good explanation for this mutt.” I grumble at him. He quickly looked at me and despite my anger; I could not quiet resist admiring his green eyes.

“You did again,” he explained faintly, looking at me again with worry. “I heard you from my outside. I was going to leave you till you started howling and...” he left the rest unsaid as he slowly got to his feet, stretching his arms above his head.

Once again I cursed myself for admiring his lean body as he stretched, probably tender from spending the night on the couch with me on him. I blush slightly at the thought, and he raised an eyebrow in a silent question. I just grumble under my breath and winced as he started to chuckle. Looking properly around the room, I spot his large double bed and realised I was staring at it when he sneaked up behind me.
I remember a time, when I was taken to this haven, when I was half crazy with insanity that James use to hold me in his arms while I was haunted by the nightmares that ruined my life. My time within this house is the only time I remember not having to hide at someone’s laughter and that I could be myself, who ever that was. When I started to sleep better through the nights and my sanity started to return, I demanded that I get my own room, suddenly realising sleeping in a strangers arms, no matter how good looking he is, was not a good idea. The simple fact I missed him beside me was something I would never admit aloud, not even to myself. I feel his body heat radiating into my back and I start when he places his head on my shoulder.

“I could have taken you into my bed with me” he whispered to me, his voice filled with repressed humour. I can now feel my face flushing bright red and know that he can see me think about it. He bursts out laughing again, reaching around me and kisses me swiftly on the cheek and quickly hurries out of the room before I could respond. I got to admit I was slow in reacting, and by the time I was growling with anger and embarrassment, I hear the front door slam as James made his escape.

I sat heavily onto the large bed, staring towards the sun shining through the deep blue curtains. The walls of the room were painted white and were covered in hundreds of photos, mainly of me and the pack. Brendon’s deep smile seemed to be encouraging me to lighten up. My Alpha always seemed to know what to say or do to make me feel better, even if he was only in a photo. Smiling to myself I planned my revenge on my green eyed friend.

You’re not getting off so easy, I thought to myself and I glance at James’s window. Rushing across the room, I pull open his curtains and see him walking leisurely around the end of the garden, keeping watch on the front door. He smiles to himself as he thinks that he has gotten away with teasing me. Looking down, I measure the distance to the ground. Although we were on the second story up, I open the window and pull myself up onto the window sill and let myself drop out to the waiting garden below. I fell rapidly through the air, and I felt the freedom and relief that I was finally outside. Bracing myself, I land quietly in Brendon’s best rose bush, snapping the heads of two of the flowers. I grimace to myself and look towards the bottom of the garden. The garden is like a wild field, full of long grass and wild flowers. The scent makes me feel relaxed. I scan the garden, looking for him. James was now lying on his back, sure of his victory. I hurry towards the shed a few feet away to my right, and quickly hide behind it. Grabbing my shoes, I remove them, quickly followed by my trousers, under wear and top. When I was standing naked behind the small wooden shed, I bent forward and concentrated.

The first time I consciously tried to change, I remember being filled with fear and frustration. Fear in case I couldn’t do it properly and frustration at the fact I had never tried to it before. For so long I had only done it at times of extreme pain and terror. It took me over an hour, and the pain was like having every bone in your body broken one at a time. I vaguely remember being half unconscious when Brendon found me collapsed behind the house, shouting for James to help. I was carried inside, a 90 pounds russet wolf with bright blue eyes. I was stuck in my wolf form for over two days before sheer exhaustion caused me to properly collapse and wonderful unconsciousness claimed me. I woke a day later human and wrapped in bed beside James, again.

The change came quickly, and I only felt an uncomfortable twisting of my body, as bones snapped and reset in different directions. My bare skin started to prickle and russet brown hair started to grow. It was at this point I made my mind go to the place where I could not think about what was happening to my body. Blackness came and I woke lying fully formed behind the shed. Brendon had show the importance of closing my mind of, or as I had discovered, it would be one of the most painful things I could do in my life. I recovered quickly, and after a few minutes, I was stalking across the garden, my russet coat blending in with the long grass. I had my target in sight, and I pulled myself across the garden on my stomach, my tongue hanging out like an over excited puppy. I glanced over my shoulder, and sure enough, my tail was wagging madly. I sighed under my breath, and tried to stop its mad dance. It behaved while I crawled neared to James, but as my excitement grew, it started up again. I was about 6 feet away when I saw him quickly sit up and sniff the air. His forehead wrinkled in his confusion and I knew I had to act now. Bending down, I prepared my body and using my back legs, I propelled myself through the air and I let out a loud growl before landed squarely on his body, knocking the air out of him.

He let out a loud yelp and his eyes were wild and scared until he looked into my dark blue eyes. Then he let out a loud growl and he knocked me of his body, growling louder all the time. Then he looked at me with mischief on his face and started to deliberately remove his top shirt. His t – shirt was moulded to his gorgeous body, out lining his strong muscles and fit build. I caught my breath as this was the next to go, followed by one shoe and then the next.  His hands were reaching for his belt when I swallowed loudly, my wolf self wanting something my human self would never admit. He looked into my eyes, his eyes suddenly flashing brighter and I was memorised with the sultry look he was giving me. It was too late when I realised that his belt was of and he had the button of his jeans open, and then suddenly I feel my control slip and I black out for a minute to wake to find myself human and naked lying at his feet. I glance up slowly, my brain still to full of wolf desire to feel embarrassed. He must have taken pity on me, because I hear a hushed laugh and I feel him cover me with his shirt.

I hear movement above me and looked up at him, and realise he was putting his belt back on, a smug look on his face. He then slumps down beside me, and pulls me so that I am lying across this lap. I know I should complain and storm away, but my brain was still thinking of his body and what his scent does to me. Just thinking about it caused me to curl my toes. His hand gently went under my chin and once again I was looking into his eyes. They were bright and fill of unspoken promises. I consciously pull myself taller, feeling the heat of his body soak through his thin shirt. My eyes must have asked the question I couldn’t because the next minute, his warm lips were on mine and my wolf self howled with success and possession within my brain. My mouth opened and I taste his flavour, my tongue shyly toughing his. I hear a growl from his throat and suddenly the kiss turns harder and deeper, and unconsciously I grab his hair to pull him closer. Both our heart beats were racing and only when I feel him put his hand down under my shirt, touching my bare skin did I realise I was lying naked in the garden, within sight of Brendon and the rest of the world, hoping James would make love to me. I push against him, and I saw him look confused and upset before he too seemed to realise where and what we were doing. I hear him mumble something against my neck and for a minute I tingle with his touch and I want to forget everyone else. A possessive growl escaped past my lips and I look in shock into his startled eyes, before he bursts out laughing and pulls me to my feet. I see that the shirt barely covered my bottom, and I blush red and pulled away from him and hurry up the garden to get my clothes, cursing and congratulating my wolf self as I went.

As I wander up the garden, pulling the shirt down to save some of my dignity, I remember my past and how different it was when I was younger. I had never met my mother, and her story made me feel sad and confused.

Lianne Anderson met my Father when she was young and travelling the world. She loved photographs, and would travel hundreds if not thousands of miles to achieve her goal of creating her own book. Markus had been travelling across country, on holiday after spending over a year working for a huge firm, when they seemed to have their fates collide. He said they met one night while he was out celebrating his freedom, her because she had finally had enough photos to send to her publisher. He said she light up the room with her happiness and that they hit it of straight away.

A year later, and they were married and travelling across Europe, wanting one last holiday before their baby was born, me. What actually happened on that holiday, I will never know, but I had heard enough for my father as he use to shout and beat at me. There had been an accident. Lianne, my mother, had gone out one night for a walk alone and never returned. My father had found her the next morning unconscious in the forest, with huge bites on her arms and face. She was rushed to hospital and started on all the medication the doctors could think of. Her wounds however never got better, and a fever attached her body. Through all this time, her baby was growing quickly and strongly, much to the doctor’s amazement. As I grew in strength, my mother’s life started to fade. I was delivered a full two months before I was due, and on that day, my mother looked into my eyes and named me Katanya. She then called to my father, whispering urgently to him while still watching me as her life slipped away. What she said I never discovered, till years later.

From what I remember of my father, I did not understand how my mother loved him so much. All he had shown me was hate and vengeance. I was still standing in the garden when a voice called to me from across the garden. Looking slightly dazed, I realise James was pointing to the shirt, which was still unbuttoned, and my now obvious naked body. Blushing bright red, feeling the heat burn my face, I run to the back of the shed and finally get dressed. His laughter follows me into the house.

Last edited by katz (2009-02-19 11:21:03)

#4 2009-02-21 19:16:53

Mykell16
Website

i liked it!

“A girl is a person who screams at the mouse and smiles at the wolf”  cool

Board footer