The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-17 22:42:18

WritingWulf

Shades of the Rainbow

Now I've heard of many different types of Therians, going from the common around here wolf therian all the way to a dragon therian. What types of therian's have you met? Where do you think the line is drawn before it's not therian anymore? Just random questions, I think those who claim to be Dragon therians are therians, but I've met others who say other wise. Then there are the ones who claim to be more then one animal within their body, I'm not dissin it at all. It's just as plausible as just one animal. After all, the story I've heard and agreed with most with other therian's is the idea of reincarnation and the soul or spirit or whatever, taking on favorite habits or other characteristics of past lives. Perhaps the soul is more complete with the likeness of a panther's way of life AND a wolves? Who knows. Anyway, opinions.

#2 2009-03-17 22:45:42

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Re: Shades of the Rainbow

Anyways...

It gets off nowhere. If there's one animal, there's always room for another, such is the animal kingdom. Real animals or not, who can't say one thing wasn't to exist, when we never existed during their time of reign?

<3

#3 2009-03-17 22:53:21

WritingWulf

LycanJayBoy wrote:

Anyways...

I'm not quit sure what that was for, but allright.

LycanJayBoy wrote:

It gets off nowhere. If there's one animal, there's always room for another, such is the animal kingdom. Real animals or not, who can't say one thing wasn't to exist, when we never existed during their time of reign?

I didn't get what you meant, "It gets off nowhere." but I think I understand the rest of your post and I agree totally

#4 2009-03-17 22:56:11

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

To answer your first question: I've seen or heard of about every animal I can think of off the top of my head, or at least categories of animals.  Wolf, Cat, Horse, Cicada, Weasel, Eagle... you name it, it's probably out there.
As for when it's no longer considered a therian, that's the line between Therianthropy and OtherKin.  OtherKin is a blanket term to mean any human who feels "other than human" in some way (elves, cats, aliens, etc), therians fall under this umbrella.  Now, whether one is considered a Therian or OtherKin when a line is queried for?  That's been a subject of debate for a long time.  I like to think it's simply whichever community you align yourself with: A Dragon (like me) might feel better calling themselves a therian rathar than OtherKin, while a Tiger might feel better calling themself OtherKin.  I say this because the communities themselves are different, the common feelings of the people in them differ, they don't actually mix easilly.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#5 2009-03-17 23:03:49

WritingWulf

I've met four dragon therian before and most of them had not heard of the word "therian" before I had told them about it. They had called themselves dragons though, and believed their totem animal, or Daemon (depends on personal reference, shamans like to debate about this) and felt that it described them. And all four were witches, most Pagans also, after hearing about therianthropy, can't help but study and study to find connections and ways that this could be expressed other ways. (totems, dual souls, ect) anyway you look at it it's all pretty interesting.

#6 2009-03-17 23:04:47

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

WritingWulf wrote:

I didn't get what you meant, "It gets off nowhere." but I think I understand the rest of your post and I agree totally

It gets off nowhere, as in, there aren't lines defining that you can't be a therian because of what you are.

<3

#7 2009-03-17 23:05:50

WritingWulf

LycanJayBoy wrote:

WritingWulf wrote:

It gets off nowhere, as in, there aren't lines defining that you can't be a therian because of what you are.

I think Sherlawk got my meaning, shades under the umbrella that he was talking about was my aim.

#8 2009-03-18 08:21:55

WritingWulf

GhostDog wrote:

Wulf, can I just say that I find it extremely unsettling to see a reference to daemons here? Especially when you see them as something different. It is a little off-putting hmm No offence, of course.

Our definitions for the word are different by definition slightly, and then there are other differences. *shrug* I'm more open I think with some subjects while you are very formal with it. Tis why I put that little thing about personal reference.

GhostDog wrote:

As for what I'd say to your questions: I see therianthropy as another label that I use to define/describe what/how I feel I am. So if a tiger feels more comfortable referring to themselves as otherkin, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Well they would be otherkin, in fact I was searching around the forums that I go to occasionally and one woman (on a forum that has nothing to do with therianthropy, otherking, ect) made a random post about it without thinking anyone would know what it was and described us all as otherkin. In the same way that all Pagans would be called Pagans, made me think a bit.

#9 2009-03-18 17:07:16

WritingWulf

And I think we all agree on the umbrella idea. So how many howls have people been to?

Last edited by WritingWulf (2009-03-18 18:06:11)

#10 2009-03-18 18:06:00

WritingWulf

GhostDog wrote:

When you're online, I'll talk to you about it. And I really don't think that needed to be said, it's private, and it should be kept private hmm

O.o it was? Allright I'll delete that part of the post if you wish.

GhostDog wrote:

Howls: I haven't been to any, and I probably never will, being in England and all. I've net other therians though smile

I remember you telling me about that *remembers*

#11 2009-03-18 20:12:50

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I think I remember seeing howls on the island of Britain, I know they have them in places in mainland Europe.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2009-03-18 20:14:00)

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#12 2009-03-21 15:11:33

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Yeah, with Werelist and Weresource not operational, it's hard to watch for these things...

Board footer