The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-23 13:24:42

LorneDixon

SNARL by Lorne Dixon

Hey, just wanted to stop by and let everyone on the Werewolf Cafe board know that my novel SNARL has been released by Coscom Entertainment and is currently available at Amazon.com, Barnes&Noble.com, Target.com, and booksellers everywhere.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/visitedbyvoices/smarlfrontcover.jpg

Synopsis:

Chev Worke thought he had found a path to easy money. It was quite simple, really: sacrifice Christmas with his family and drive his truck across the country on an overnight run for his employer. Done. Case closed. He just didn't count on things going wrong and getting stranded on State Highway 59 with no one around except for a pack of hungry werewolves. Barely escaping with his life, Chev makes it to a grocery store in Easter Glen only to learn of a secret pact that has been in place for centuries, the only thing that keeps the town safe from the bloodthirsty beasts. There's just one problem: the pact has been broken and Chev is thrust into a world where nightmares run on all fours, blood flows freely and no one is ever safe. In Easter Glen, by the time you hear a snarl, it's too late.

Reviews and testimonials:

"A furiously relentless tour-de-force full of wolf-on-man and man-on-wolf violence and an unexpectedly subtle morality theme. Lorne Dixon's Snarl will easily fulfill your growing adult werewolf fiction needs--and you know you have them! It's safe to say the wolf is back in town--and he's pissed. Vampires need not apply! Snarl is like a first-person shooter, fast and heart-pounding."

--W.D. Gagliani, author of Wolf's Trap and Wolf's Gambit

"At all times during this book you get a feeling that things could explode at any moment. Dixon keeps you enthralled, reminds you that everything is teetering on the edge, whether it's a fragile pact made between men and beasts or a twitching finger hovering over a trigger. And when it all comes crashing down, when the dust settles and you see who's left standing, you'll realize you never saw it coming. It's an ending that will leave you numb yet hungry for more. "

--Michael DeKler, Nossa Morte Magazine

"Although there's been several werewolf novels released over the past couple of years, not one of them (that I've read) has been half as exciting as SNARL, a quick, action-packed novella that just might give everyone's favorite hairballs a nice little boost. "

--Nick Cato, The Horror Fiction Review

#2 2009-03-23 13:57:32

ArcLight
Website

Re: SNARL by Lorne Dixon

Ooh....looks interesting. And not an 'urban fantasy/paranormal romance' werewolf book for a pleasant change. Have to look into it. Thanks for posting.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#3 2009-03-23 19:17:54

LorneDixon

ArcLight,

Yes, SNARL is not paranormal romance or urban fantasy.  It's straight up horror with some social/political commentary.  When I sat down to write it, I first investigated the werewolf sub-genre and quickly realized that there is no definitive, landmark piece of literature- unlike vampires where there is Stoker.  SNARL is my humble attempt to get back to the basics and at the same time make it all seem new and fresh.  The werewolves are NOT the heroes.  Although they have their reasons, they are not sympathetic.  They are, however, pretty bad-ass customers.

If you decide to pick up a copy of the book (and this goes for everyone on the board), feel free to send your address to me at visitedbyvoices@gmail.com.  I'll send you a promo package (bookmark, postcard, etc.).

You can get your copy here:

Amazon.com

Barnes&Noble.com

Target.com

Thanks for showing interest!

Lorne.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/visitedbyvoices/th_Snarlsoon2.jpg

#4 2009-03-23 20:18:02

The Busboy
Administrator

I'll have to check that out!  Congratulations and good luck to you!  Are you doing any book signings anywhere to be able to order an autographed copy?

#5 2009-03-24 09:18:05

LorneDixon

Busboy,

Right now I don't have any signings scheduled but that could change in a heartbeat.  If you use myspace, consider "friending" the book- you can find its profile right here.  While you're there, check under the blog section for an entry titled "Mother Lupe: Lycanthrope Pseudepigrapha" which is the origin story of the werewolves from their own scripture.

As for signed copies, try this eBay listing.  Of course, this listing just went up, so if you're reading this after 7 days that link won't work.  In that case, please just search for the book using eBay's search engine.  Should you win the auction and wish for the book to be personalized to you, email me at visitedbyvoices@gmail.com and I'll arrange it.

Lorne.

Board footer