The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-23 23:26:08

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

P-Shifting (oh noez)

This question was asked in the QAF thread, but as I said, if we asked and answered everything in there there'd be no other topics, and that one would be too big and complicated, so I'm bringing it out to here.

Daninsky wrote:

What does P-shift mean and how does it work/feel?

WolfVanZandt wrote:

it usually stands for Physical Shift and refers to when a Werewolf changes physically into a wolf or some partial state. Most Werewolves will tell you that it doesn't happen so that it doesn't work/feel like anything. as for the others, I'm afraid you'll have to find one and then you have to figure out whether you're going to want to believe them or not.

Physically-Shifting is, as WVZ said, generally considered to be a myth.  However: there is some debate over whether or not it is possible and to what degree.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#2 2009-03-24 07:36:14

Daninsky
Website

Re: P-Shifting (oh noez)

Ah, I see.
I always had a hunch they might mean that, but wondered why they not simply say 'transformation'.

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#3 2009-03-24 17:03:24

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Now, the whole controversy over a surgical transformation. I believe that with the proper research and materials, it could be quite possible. The only problem is the cost, and the massive amounts of time to swap bones,including the skull, and finding big enough bones (possibly prosthetics?).

Then the years of physical, and mental therapy.

Thinking of it, it could make the perfect soldier.. a real 'dog of war'. Heh, imagining waking up and seeing your comrades gget torn apart by that.

<3

#4 2009-03-24 19:48:24

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Daninsky> because we're talking about a sort of shift in which, like a mental shift, a state is changed.  When we talk about temporary state changes like that for therians, we use the term "shift".
Lycan> While the surgical debate exists, the debate I was referring to has to do with actual physical shifting at will, like in werewolf movies.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#5 2009-03-24 20:12:22

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

well, Bible or Science, humans HAVE evolved.. animals HAVE evolved. More for adaptation, and all shifting is really, is adapting to a new environment (more likely hostile, or the 'need to hunt' as portrayed in movies, or just for the sheer joy of it) in a quickened state, replacing years for seconds.

<3

#6 2009-03-25 22:20:43

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

LycanJayBoy wrote:

all shifting is really, is adapting to a new environment

What makes you say that?  I've never heard of it being defined this way.

#7 2009-03-25 22:24:49

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Notice, the cause or provoking of most shifts is either anger, sadness, or in some cases boredom. Any of these provokes the inner animal to come out, a fight-or-flight affect. So if there were a physical change, that too would be affected by emotions, if it were at will.

<3

#8 2009-03-26 16:23:56

LerangFang

LycanJayBoy wrote:

Thinking of it, it could make the perfect soldier.. a real 'dog of war'. Heh, imagining waking up and seeing your comrades gget torn apart by that.

Now that reminds me heavily of the song "Indestructible". It's awsome like this.

You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit on the mount of assembly on the heights of Zaphon; I will ascend to the tops of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High."
Obviously that didn't work too well now did it lucie? =/

#9 2009-03-26 22:25:53

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

LycanJayBoy wrote:

Notice, the cause or provoking of most shifts is either anger, sadness, or in some cases boredom. Any of these provokes the inner animal to come out, a fight-or-flight affect. So if there were a physical change, that too would be affected by emotions, if it were at will.

That's not necessarily true.  Alot of therians (including me) don't shift from notmal chemical state changes, but because of a sort of internal "pressure buildup".  My shifts aren't affected by emotions from what I can tell, and that's a common thing.  I think a physical change, because of its intensive nature, would not be caused by emotions but intense meditation and such.

Now, I think I should point out: the vast majority of therians are extremely skeptical of P-Shifting claims, even though there is a debate over its possibility.  There have been a few cases of people claiming to be able to P-Shift, but there has never been a documented case of P-Shifting, and by that I mean: No one has ever offered enough proof to have reasonable belief, in fact, the vast majority of them don't offer any proof at all.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2009-03-26 22:34:46)

#10 2009-03-27 01:45:54

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Haha.. once upon a time when I was younger.. well.. I had the wierdest fantasies and desires.. actual p-shifting was one of them, if not the top one then the second.

<3

#11 2009-03-29 13:18:07

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I've always dreamed about p-shifting since I was a child, it's always something I've wanted loads.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#12 2009-03-29 13:39:11

Beta9

SherlawkDragon wrote:

Now, I think I should point out: the vast majority of therians are extremely skeptical of P-Shifting claims, even though there is a debate over its possibility.  There have been a few cases of people claiming to be able to P-Shift, but there has never been a documented case of P-Shifting, and by that I mean: No one has ever offered enough proof to have reasonable belief, in fact, the vast majority of them don't offer any proof at all.

Well there isn't much proof maybe because the fact that in the event that a P-shifter shows he cans shift, government officials may want to experiment or at least find the reason for this shift and if it can be used to (as LycanJayBoy said) make the perfect soldier. P-shifters might fear being attacked and feared as well as killed or tested on.

Last edited by Beta9 (2009-03-29 13:40:29)

Beta says
"What is 5 times 2 then?"
D says
"12?"

#13 2009-03-29 21:02:56

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Beta9 wrote:

Well there isn't much proof maybe because the fact that in the event that a P-shifter shows he cans shift, government officials may want to experiment or at least find the reason for this shift and if it can be used to (as LycanJayBoy said) make the perfect soldier. P-shifters might fear being attacked and feared as well as killed or tested on.

That's a common argument, however: if you can P-Shift but are afraid of people finding out, why would you say you could in the first place?   In any case, it's not only this.  Many claim to have found the secret to P-Shifting, but either they use this lame argument (which doesn't actually work if it's a ritual) or some other excuse, or they give you a ritual which doesn't work and usually doesn't make any sense.  I know a bit about this, as I have spent a good deal of time researching the subject and trying to figure out how to do it, so take it from me: it cannot easily be done, if at all.

#14 2009-03-29 22:34:37

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

And trsut me, sacrifice dun work either..

<3

#15 2009-03-30 18:16:35

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

...what?

#16 2009-03-30 23:27:12

lupen the wolf

Reading this brings to mind some well documented stories of physical-shifting. I'm not saying they're true, but it's something to think about.

The one I thought of was of a man who was admitted to a mental institution for claiming to be a werewolf. Well, come the full moon he asked, almost desperate, to be restrained. They refused his request and left him be. That night however everyone claimed to hear some very inhuman sounds from his room, and in the morning his room was trashed and there where claw marks everywhere.

ego sum quis ego sum....

#17 2009-03-31 21:48:07

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Lupen> I've heard a few stories like that, I usually chalk them up to over-exaggerated accounts of clinical Lycanthropy.

#18 2009-04-01 10:12:06

lupen the wolf

I didn't say it was true, just recounting what I heard.

ego sum quis ego sum....

#19 2009-04-01 22:30:19

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I know, I was just saying, that's how I take them.

#20 2009-04-02 07:19:32

bdk336
Website

I'm not a therian, but I've wanted to be for several years now and I have wanted to, using your word, p-shift for even longer.

LycanJayBoy wrote:

well, Bible or Science, humans HAVE evolved.. animals HAVE evolved. More for adaptation, and all shifting is really, is adapting to a new environment (more likely hostile, or the 'need to hunt' as portrayed in movies, or just for the sheer joy of it) in a quickened state, replacing years for seconds.

There are a couple problems with this theory that are both tied in to common misconceptions about evolution. One is that evolution is an agent of chaos, it is a product of the natural tendency for that which is best fit to continue it's own existence to continue existing, even the basic properties that compose our definition of life are products of this pattern. The other is that in the process of evolution individuals never change once they are born, the only effect individuals have on the process, since their genes are fixed already, is whether or not they reproduce and whether their offspring reproduce.

#21 2009-04-02 16:57:59

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

True, but there's a possibility of gene's being mixxed//swapped with other for some odd reason.
Damned aliens.

<3

#22 2009-04-02 22:34:07

WolfVanZandt
Website

hmmm.........aliens are several light years out with no known way to get here. I don't think there's much chance they play a part in anything on this planet. Also, genes swap between individuals of same or very similar species.

#23 2009-04-03 10:46:08

lupen the wolf

Hmm, like dogs and wolves?

ego sum quis ego sum....

#24 2009-04-03 20:35:25

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Viruses also transfer genes between species

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#25 2009-04-04 01:15:35

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

So, in a literall sense, anything is possible?
Except for the mass amoutns of time it takes for adaption. Think of P-Shifting of soehow adapting, in some way (any-don't feel like listing) without the obstacle of many years.

<3

Board footer