The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-01 16:02:23

Reve

Wolf Bane

Have you ever had something inside of you that was just craving to be released? No, I'm not talking about a baby for pregnant women. It's something that is, and will always be, apart of you. In a way it may be like build up rage or anger, though it's something much more. Something that is more like a different side of you that you don't want anyone else to see. Don't want anyone else to know about. It’s something dominant, yet dormant, alive yet dead to those who do not understand. No, you don't know what this is like to have an evil presence longing to break through you and destroy all that you love. It's impulsive, tempting, and very much apart of you. Like a strong hunger for something that you cannot have, or at least, should not have...

The cold, damp earth beneath me is becoming unbearable. I don't know how long I've been walking through the woods but it is beginning to get dark. No, it is dark. I've just noticed the bright full moon hovering over me like a guardian angel. My eyes begin to flicker from the ground to the moon and back again, trying to keep my eyes on the path, but they're being pulled by the moon like the tides. I can still smell it. That thing I've been stalking for a few hours now. It smells so familiar. It’s a sweet smell of vanilla and cinnamon. My snout keeps flaring as I get closer. The smell is becoming just as strong as if it's right in front of me. Her voice keeps calling to me, "Reve..." I have no idea who she is. I've never heard such a soothing voice before. It was so hypnotic.
     A cool breeze begins to rustle up my fur, making it difficult to walk in a straight line as I normally do. Though it is dark, my keen eyes are able to see in this fog of darkness. I can detect every movement, every change of momentum and position. I am aware of the variety of sounds in the woods. I hear the four or five crickets in the distance, each playing a slightly different tune. I hear the hunting owl, trying to find the mouse that I already found an hour ago. Owls have silent wings, yeah right; I sure can pick them up. So many sights, so many sounds, it’s all overwhelming yet exciting. Like a tidal wave that you experience first hand. It's such a rush.
    The smell begins to fade now. "What! Where are you going?" I think to myself. I begin to sprint around the trees, trying to relocate the scent. Too late, the smell has just seemed to have vanished, as if it knew I was tracking it down. I begin to growl unintentionally, instinctively when ever I get angry or frustrated. This really sucks. I can't sapianize myself, turn myself human again. During a full moon I may change by will, but cannot turn back until morning. Then there's this sweet smell. Though familiar, it is so alluring and mysterious. I don't know if it's my keen sense of smell or something, but I have to figure out what is this smell that keeps appearing at random moments. Out of no where I begin to howl at the moon. I know that this sounds unusual, and for those who know what I'm going through, stupid; but I sometimes can't help but do these things like growling and howling at the moon. You most likely don't know what I'm going through; being a monster, a freak of nature. I wonder if He understands, He, the creator of all things. Does He want me to be like this; to be apart of the darkness? No, I must have done something to upset Him, that's why He damned me to be a lycan. I'm a murderous and inhumane werewolf. Why? I sigh to myself which sounded more like a slight panting growl. I guess I'll call it a night. I'll just walk around until morning. I hope Alianna hasn't noticed that I'm gone.

I am like the shadow in the night. Quiet, stealth, invisable, but longing to be whole. Longing to be noticed...Longing to be loved

#2 2009-04-03 22:14:18

Lunarlycan

Re: Wolf Bane

Whoa, thats really cool and detailed. It gives me an eerie feeling. Write some more!     lol

Rawrz....
       I see you...

#3 2009-04-04 12:14:18

Goldie

ya, that was great dude. oh, i hope you write more. big_smile

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#4 2009-04-16 19:29:11

wf

Wow! So evocative... Yes, I want more.

#5 2009-04-24 20:24:50

Reve

Morning came a lot slower than I thought. It must have been because I wasn't really doing anything all night. I'm surprisingly not tired, or at least, not physically. I feel mentally tired; I begin to stop thinking all together for a moment, giving my brain moments of rest. Those few moments made me forget that I am completely nude at the moment. I've learned to leave my clothes at some places before I turn. I luckily remembered where I put them before. The same place as always, under the weeping willow a few yards from my house. I picked them up and put them on as I walked. It was easier than when I first tried this method. I reached the house soon after, a modern home, a lot of glass. Just the way we like it. Open and free, like living in the wild. Reine, more than any of us, loves to live at this house. It's hidden by the many trees that surround us, yet its yard is large enough for a small farm, a wide open area with only one single path. The so called 'drive way'. It leads down to the main road, but it was a rocky and dangerous drive. Many people who come by just park at the end of the road and hike up there. That is the people who do visit us, which is, in reality, pretty much none. Not many people have been invited to the Valifer home, not many people want to visit us. We usually keep to ourselves and therefore don't make many friends as it is. We don't need any.
    I reach the top of the stairs, so far so good. No one has noticed me yet, just as I want it. As I touched the door knob I felt a presence coming. Someone was headed straight toward me. Have I been caught? No, I won't allow this to happen to me. I quickly turn the knob and quickly walk into the house. I no longer felt anything coming at me. Who was that I felt just now? They just seemed to disappear. Oh no.
    "So...what were you up to last night?" said a low yet clear voice from above me.
    I didn't bother to look up, but looked ahead as if they were in front of me instead, "Nothing really, Chase." I lied, intentionally, "Just out for a nightly stroll."
    "All night? On the night of a full moon." he didn't sound like he was convinced by my intentional lie.
    This time I looked at him, "It came up again." I said with my usual calm tone of voice.
    "Reve," Chase began, sounding a bit annoyed. I knew why. I've told him about my unusual picking up of the scent of vanilla and cinnamon, "you can't just go off on some random wild goose chase after some smell."
    "You don't get it." I say, more frustrated than I intended.
    "No I don't" he said truthfully, "But we can't have you out there, all wolfish, chasing after some smell that could lead you to discovery."
    "It doesn't matter. As usual I lost it." I began to walk up the stairs towards him, "Is Reine awake?"
    "No, it's just me. And obviously you." he laughs a little, "The others are still asleep, it is only five o'clock...so no hurry in waking up."
    I nod and start to walk up towards my room door. As I go down the hall I notice that I pass Alianna's room. I can hear her breathing now, sleeping a deep sleep. She hasn't gotten the realization that I've been gone for about seven hours. Good, it's better that way. She always worries about me. She may be younger than I am but she treats me like a younger brother at times. I open my door and start walking up my spiral staircase up to my room. Like the rest of the house, there are a bunch of windows along the wall. Then the windows stop and a wall begins with pictures of my family, or pack if you will. Finally my room door, the only one in this house that has a separate section: a door, an extra staircase, a hallway, then my actual room door.
    I instantly go for my bed, lying down immediately to try to get some sleep, but no luck. I fear that I may suffer from insomnia. With the sun rising up my room begins to fill up with light. My room is basically one window, save for one wall that has my door dresser and bathroom door. So needless to say a lot of light can entire it. I soon realize that I will not be able to fall asleep and decide to give up. The sun glares on my face soon after I lie down. In a way it was sort of giving me a wake up call. I sit up on the edge of the bed and wait for someone to come up to 'wake me up'.
    It takes an hour, so basically at about eight thirty, before I hear someone walking up my stairs. By the small steps that I hear the quick change from step to step, I can tell that it's Alianna. Before she even reaches my door knob (I can hear her at the door) I let her know I'm awake, "G'morning, Alianna. You can come in, I'm awake."
    The door cautiously opens and a small button nose pokes in through the ajar door, "Oh you're awake?" she says with her excited voice, then completely walks into my room, "Good, I didn't want to wake you."
    "It's fine" I say.
    She walks over and plops down next to me, "Good morning, Reve. Sleep well?"
    "Sure." I smile. She looks at me intently before responding.
    "I didn't." she said, I wasn't sure but I felt like there was going to be a story involved in her sleeplessness. I wanted to tell her that I heard her sleeping, but that would blow my 'I was home all night' story that she was under.
    "Why not?" I ask, not really paying attention.
    "I don't really know." she said, spacing out as if trying to remember, "Bad dreams lately, can't really explain it." she shrugs then leans her head on my shoulder.
    "Um, Ali, you ok?"
    "Mhmm." her voice was trailing off. She was falling asleep again.
    "Ok well I need to get dressed." I say, getting up. She gives me a dirty look for disrupting her comfort. I respond with an innocent grin, "I'll see you at breakfast."
    "Yupp." she says, then got up and walked out.
    I quickly jump into the shower and turn on the warm water, trying to wash away last night more than myself. When I got out I wiped away the condensation from the mirror to look at myself; ebony skin, strong chin bone, buzzed black hair that has slight waves, very athletically toned body, this all explains my normal features. Although the strangest part of all, are my eyes. They are an icy blue color that reminds me of winter for some odd reason. My entire pack has the same eyes as I do. As do the rest of the lycanthropos that I've encountered. This is how you can determine us. So just look for our strange deep icy blue eyes, our unusually sharp k9 teeth, our excesively warm bodies which allows us to pretty much go through a blizzard in a t-shirt and jeans. Most of all, when the moon is out, our eyes seem to reflect moonlight, which we think is why we can see in the dark. Eyes aren't suppose to glow like ours. This is why we don't meet people after dark.
    Soon after I get dressed I hear someone climbing the stairs to my room again. I hear muffled footwork, they don't seem to be lifting their feet much from step to step. I decide that it must be either Chase, or Chaleur.
    "Hey Reve." says an energetic voice, Chaleur's.
    "I'll be down in a minute. Just give me a sec." I say, putting on my shoes quickly, but he opens the door anyways.
    "We waited long enough. We're getting impatient." he said with a slight laugh in his voice. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. We always had this sort of 'laugh at life' kind of thing. Usually we have a slight chuckle when we talk, usually to lighten the mood of a bad situation. Chaleur is the player of the house. The one who get pretty much any girl he chooses. He doesn' keep them long, though. It's either because none of them have ever been to the house and get frustrated, or because he gets bored of them. It's ususally the second one.
    "So wait a little longer." I say with a small grin.
    He shruggs, "Fine then, we'll leave you."
    I roll my eyes, "Ok , ok I'll be down in five. Don't rush me, Just gotta get something." Without another response he closes the door and quickly walks down the stairs.

Last edited by Reve (2009-04-24 20:38:06)

I am like the shadow in the night. Quiet, stealth, invisable, but longing to be whole. Longing to be noticed...Longing to be loved

Board footer