The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-01 23:43:01

lykos

Dreamer

This is just a teaser demo for my new work. XD
Hope yall like it.

Dreamer

She stared at the page on her desk. It was filled with math work and some doodles in the margins. Her head was held gently on her soft fist. Her eyes felt a little heavy. She smiled fondly. It was raining outside and the soft sound on the roof was welcoming and comforting to her. It was like a silken lullaby.

She stared at the window lazily watching the streams of water drizzle down. She smiled a bit wider gently tapping the pencil on her desk. It barely made a sound. She felt very tired. She had slept like a rock the night before and woken up tired and drained of strength. The room was rather quite other than the faint scratching of pencils on paper. She yawned rather loudly breaking the deadly silence of the room.

A few startled heads shot up off their desks. The teacher leered at her over her small reading glasses that sat on the bridge of her nose. The teacher had short hair that went just below her jaw. It was rather . . .. Frayed looking and made her look crazy. Everyone else in the room stared at her. She felt a feeling of tension and shock rush through her. She sat up right and rigid. Very tense seeming very exposed. A few kids laughed at her shyness.

The boy next to her smiled kindly attracting her gaze. She looked into his eyes. His smile broadened. He leaned in close. “Your blushing rather deeply,” he said softly so as not to frighten or jolt her. She shrugged and gave him a nervous smile very unsure of what to say. She bit her pencil firmly while doing this. He casually sat back leaning on his left arm resting his head on it smiling all the while.

The bell rang and everyone sauntered lazily out while the rather studious arithmetic teacher pestered them about their homework. She walked a little faster than she normally would have. She had to almost push her way through the mindless throng of teens. Her heart was beating a little bit faster than normal. She was rather grateful that the bell rang when it did.

She walked a bit more briskly through the halls still a little tense but glad to be getting away from the trial of peers. She put her head against a locker and sighed relieved and refreshed. She took a deep breath and world around her blurred to a fog. She heard the rain drum softly on the roof above her lofty head. She took another deep breath and turned around back against the locker eyes closed and lost in the world.

She stood there for a good minute. She heard someone lean on the locker next to her. It was the boy from class. He had on a tired smile and a dark blue school uniform. It was the one with the short sleeve shirt that was button down with a collar. It was a cheap shirt like the ones a mechanic would wear.

She looked him over quickly. He had a rather light build, somewhat ruffled brown hair. And green eyes that seemed to be turning blue. She noticed the light circles under his eyes. He was leaning on his left shoulder lazily. He looked tired.

“Uhm do you like me or something” she said warily unsure of how he would take it, or where to go if he did. “Ugh what?” he said his face turning a light shade of pink. “Well I don’t know and you seemed interested in me during class so why else would you care? And why would u approach me now here in the hall if you didn’t?” she inquired meeting his casually tired gaze, now slightly shocked, she was eager for an answer. She didn’t care if he knew it either.

“I can’t say to be honest I don’t really know you well enough” he said with a now faint smile blush fully faded. “Well then why are you here now?” she inquired curious. “Uhm I was wondering when you’d get off my locker . . .” he smiled in a sort of half asleep playful manner, he said this casually looking down at her now somewhat startled and blushing face.

“Oh well, I ugh.” She stammered standing upright and off the locker. “You’re blushing again” he said smile now broader and bit more cheerful. “I’m uhm” she stammered unsure of what to do or say. “Rather shy?” he teased casually. “Uhm” she walked briskly away to class. She heard him work the lock and rummage through the locker.

She continued to walk briskly to her seat by the window. The window was to her right she leaned on to her arm, which was curled on the desk and peered out it. She peered out it thoughtfully yet in a tired sort of way. She had stopped blushing and was beginning to calm down, again. She heard someone sit down In front of her. She looked over to see the boy from earlier gazing into the rain deep in thought more lost than she had been. His head was propped up on his left arm whose elbow rested on the history book. That must have been what he got from his locker. She hadn’t realized he had this class till just now. She had seen him just never noticed him. He never sat by her though. She thought he was kinda cute.

He shivered slightly then turned to see her staring. He smiled, another faint blush. “They say it is rude to stare,” he teased at almost a whisper. His face looked a little red. She sat up a little more right, face now red “they say, well what do you think?” she shot back. “I’m not quite sure really I usually just wonder why the person does it.” She turned a little redder, just a little.

“Well why do you think I was then?” she said smiling bashfully; she was nervous but kind of glad at the same time. “Well you probably where wondering why I was here or why I was sitting by you” he cleared his throat “why what else where you thinking?” he said turning just a bit redder. “Well I thought u were kinda” “MISS BENVOLE THIS IS NOT SOCIAL HOUR YOU CAN TEASE MISTER KEBO AFTER CLASS!” their history teacher exclaimed cutting her off. Class had started without them and EVERYONE but them was doing their work. All eyes were upon them. They both shot up right, red as can be.

“MISS BENVOLE AM I CLEAR”  “Uhm Sorry I mean Err YES SIR!” she half stammered in rather flustered panic like manor. She noticed that “Mister Kebo” was stiff as a board and totally shocked. A few girls giggled at them, and the boys just smiled but no one said anything.

Class moved on as usual after that. She was very awake and still embarrassed for about ten or twelve minutes then she started to calm down, sort of. She noticed the boy sigh then look over his left shoulder at her. He wore a more bashful grin this time, his face a neutral pink maybe a little dark. His left arm moved back under her desk, she felt something drop onto her lap. She straitened up a little but didn’t say anything. She thought that was a little crude.  His arm deftly shot back to his side. It didn’t seem like anyone noticed. She fixed her posture and unfolded the note in her open history book she read it fondly.   

“WOW I am SO sorry about getting you in trouble. I totally didn’t mean for him to come down on you like that. That really sucked. You know your pretty brave I would have DIED if he had called me out like that. Is there ANYTHING I can do to make it up to you? Your not mad at me are you? What were u gonna say the wait is so antagonizing”

She smiled noting the slightly sloppy cursive handwriting. She looked over his shoulder to see that he wrote the class work in print. Did he like her? Or did he just write neatly (or at least try) for all of the girls?

She had an almost lovesick look on her face. She didn’t talk to many people. She was rather shy and couldn’t really find many people that she could befriend. Although she had her group of close friends she was still shy there. This boy was actually apologizing to her over something like this. Most would just blame her. Plus he had a cool last name. Key Bo she liked the way it sounded. Although she did remember some kids didn’t like it.

The look on her face caught the teacher’s eye. He looked at her from the front of the aisle. He liked to pace around while the students did their work. To him she seemed like a shy day dreaming bookworm. She turned in projects on time and very well done. She usually got class work done although she did let her mind wander. She had always liked history he thought although she never spoke up in class. Why did she have that look on her face? Did she really like Mister Kebo? Or did she just think that Alexander the great was cute? Either way she was slipping up.

She bit her lower lip and turned to the side slightly putting her back a bit to the class. Her stomach felt like it was in a knot. She didn’t know what to do. Did he like her? Did she like him? She would usually get nervous. She didn’t know but she wanted to chat with him. He seemed nice and it was a little bit her fault. Plus she had got him called out in front of the whole class.

“It’s all right I know you didn’t mean too. Uhm would you mind talking to me after class? There is a lot to talk about ya know?”

Here she paused wondering whether or not to tell him she thought he was cute. It could make things awkward. Or he could like her back. She couldn’t check with her support group and she didn’t want to keep him waiting that would just be mean. Wouldn’t It?   

“YOU look kind of cute when YOU blush. Anyway u seem kind of interesting.”

She sighed quickly. She went to give it to him then she just . . . . locked up. She fought the impulse and won. She dropped it over his left shoulder. He was back in the seat so it was easy. 

A large hand swiped it before it had even touched him. “MISS BENVOLE!!! DO NOT EXCHANGE LOVE LETTERS IN MY CLASS I WILL NOT EMBARRASS MISTER KEBO BY READING IT OUT LOUD. BUT NEXT TIME I WILL” He yelled directly in front of her and just beside him. The ENTIRE class stared at them AGAIN only this time people where actually turned around to face them and a good deal of whispering could be heard.

She bloomed red and tucked her head in her arms that shot up to her face. Her hair fell down around her “bubble” from when it got “flicked” up by her jolting.

“MISS BENVOLE AM I CLEAR THIS TIME” he yelled while staring her down from above. “Uhm yeyes SIR!!!” She blurted out blood red and shell shocked to the core.  GRRR this was too much in one-day. The teacher walked back to his desk.

She noticed that Kebo was PETRIFIED and blood red ALL over. He was red on his neck and arms all the way across the board. The teacher went to read the letter with a grin. He gave her a cocked eyebrow then proceeded to read a National Geographic. He bore resemblance to Sigmund Freud.

She shivered straight down her spine then leaned forward next to his ear. She sighed in a nervous manner. “I’m sorry Kebo, I didn’t mean for that to happen. I just usually don’t do things like this and that’s why I got caught. Uhm I’m really sorry” she kind of stuttered both the apologies, and a bit more on the confession.

“It’s okay,” he whispered. “I’m just REALLY embarrassed right now”. She bit her lip “hey just relax It will be all right. I’ll make it up to you” she didn’t know where this was going but she had to do something. “Uhm like what” his blush had started to fade and now It came back to a medium shade of red. “Uhm I will . . .. Rub your back and shoulder blades” she stuttered a bit but not too much she was doing better than she thought she could.

He sighed and looked a little tense and nervous. She wondered for which reasons. “HERE AND NOW” he said in a almost loud whisper. They both glance up at the teacher who was lost in the magazine. She sighed “yes I will anything I should know”. “Well I like to be pet it kind of relaxes me” he turned very red. “And don’t tickle me please” he almost begged. She flushed a little then twirled her hand. He obeyed then turned and laid down or as much as you can in a school desk.

She decided to start with his shoulders, she could feel his pulse, it was rather fast. She took one hand and started to pet him on the back of the skull, all the while keeping check on his pulse. He didn’t lie, it started to slow and calm. She started to gently rub behind his right ear. He turned his head so that that ear was up. He sort of nuzzled his head into her hand. She smiled. He was in a trance like state. His pulse was steady and breathing deep and sleep LIKE, but not quite asleep yet. Getting there though.

She started to rub his back with both hands. He fell into what seemed like a dead sleep. She smiled feeling proud of herself. She looked down on him fondly. They were isolated in the back of class. To her it felt like it was just the two of them. It made her a little nervous. She started to pet behind his ears again. He seemed to like that.

A bright and happy smile came across his peaceful sleep face. She blushed a light shade of pink. She continued to pet him still softly, still gently. “MISS BENVOLE KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF MISTER KEBO” the teacher roared from across the room. Kebo shot up. He WAS asleep now he startled awake by the teacher yelling. He used his name so he must be in trouble. “SORRY SIR!!” he said sitting bolt up right. “NOT YOU HER!!” he said less loud this time. She just froze red all over. Same situation with the class, they were both Red all over.     

The bell rang but no one moved. The teacher sighed “Dismissed”.

The moon is ever beautiful
And the moon is ever strong
Especially the moon of December 
Which makes me feel at home

#2 2009-04-02 16:48:34

Wolfy

Re: Dreamer

I really like this so far.  All the characters are very believable and I think it grabs the reader's interest well.  I am looking forward to reading more of this.

#3 2009-04-02 17:30:05

lykos

sweet thanks
That would suck to get called out like that

#4 2009-04-06 14:28:49

Fenrik Malifex The White
The Broken One

lol i agree can't wait to see more Lykos

I'm like a broken blade, used to many times to be repaired, too many pieces of my shattered being to be mended, cast aside by those close to me. Broken, abandoned, Betrayed, disgraced...
But soon all who wrong me will discover that even a broken blade can kill...

#5 2009-04-07 22:21:59

lykos

wow that is nice and all but i really need like . . . . something constructive

#6 2009-04-07 22:40:39

bdk336
Website

Honestly I don't really have any specific comments, positive or negative, mainly because I tend not to get all that into writing too deeply about the love stuff. Just one question: is this the beginning of a werewolf story or just a story, not that there's anything bad about it if it isn't about werewolves.

#7 2009-04-08 19:05:46

lykos

maybe maybe not you will just have to wait and bleed

#8 2009-04-08 20:10:43

bdk336
Website

hmmmm, a response like that usually means that they will be included to some degree or other.

#9 2009-04-08 20:26:45

lykos

again maybe maybe not you will see did you think it was too much of a cliff hanger ending?

#10 2009-04-09 10:27:57

Goldie

oh come on, you can't end it like that, you know now that this story has it's own junkies now, right? you've hooked us to the perfect drug, and we need our fix. 8D

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#11 2009-04-11 00:19:30

lykos

Well now that i know i have fans i will hurry up.
. . . . . . . . how many addicts?
I am hoping to make this into a book and i thought that this would make a good beta.
I am very encouraged by your kind words and will get back to work on that.
I seriously thought that almost no one liked it cause i got no feed back.

#12 2009-04-11 01:41:35

Goldie

my friends here have read this story off my laptop, and they think it sounds like it could be the beginning to a side story of twilight. smile

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#13 2009-04-11 11:05:44

lykos

excuse me?
what makes you say this is a  side story . . . . . . .
it has nothing to do with twilight
i am original what i write i belongs to me and no one else

#14 2009-04-12 12:31:22

lykos

you there? by the way i am working on chapter 2
Just for you ^.^