The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-13 04:43:12

dee

I can't figure this out.

I read the definition of therianthropy and I kinda understand what it means. But that's not my question. I've felt like there is indeed an animal inside me, but I don't know what kind of animal. How will I figure out what animal it is? I don't want to sound stupid so if you feel like I am still confused about the definition of therianthropy please explain it to me. Also I tried some mental shifting and I want to talk about how it went. Where would I post that?

um...yeah

#2 2009-04-13 23:05:52

theindiankid

Re: I can't figure this out.

You can post it here, if you'd like. Honestly, I've found that sometimes it's not just one single animal, but many animals. The way I'd discovered my inner animal(s) was just realizing how at a young age I was very drawn to them almost to the point of obsession. What animals do you feel closest to? You don't need to know why, you just feel it.

#3 2009-04-13 23:20:01

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

This is something I hear alot, someone who thinks they might be a therian, but aren't sure.  My first bit of advice would be: Stop and make sure you're sure about these feelings.  My second one would be: sit back and relax.  It will come to you if you have a theriotype, it always does.  If you feel like it, you might try inducing minor shifts, which is relatively easy: just let that "pushing animal" in the back of your head come forward a bit and you might be able to tell what it is...
I find it kind of strange though that one can have a theriotype and not know what it is at all....  I guess it goes with my theory that theriotypes aren't totally real, and more of a description of our feelings put into an animal that exists...

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2009-04-13 23:23:04)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#4 2009-04-14 17:51:02

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

GhostDog wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I've been experiencing shifts for a long time, and I've only been able to induce mental shifts in... the last three/four years? It feels like I've been able to do that all the time, but really, I've only learnt how to do that with time. I know it's different for different people, but all I'm saying is, it might seem easy to someone who's been 'doing' it longer. Someone who's never really shifted before and has only recently come across the concept of therianthropy may find it harder. Or impossible, even (or even kid themselves into thinking they are experiencing a shift when they are not?).

Yeah, true, I wasn't thinking about that...

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#5 2009-04-14 22:15:11

dee

GhostDog wrote:

Not all therians shift, either, which is something that should be considered, dee.

Thanks, I'll need to stop and think about the therian thing. But I tried the shifting a while back. I'm not sure if it was mental shifting though but I'm assuming it is. I was looking up mental shifts and came upon this link.

http://www.geocities.com/queenwolf2007/ketrisjunk.htm

I did what the first half of the first paragraph said to try, and it kinda worked. I couldn't get the whole body to feel this, only my right arm from my shoulder to my fingers.

um...yeah

#6 2009-04-14 22:45:28

bdk336
Website

Never trust anyone who says they can p-shift.
also a few fun facts:
Fact 1: I am not a were/therian
Fact 2: I can p-shift, no lie, no really NO LIE, SERIOUSLY. I am being TOTALLY honest.

As for something actually somewhat on topic: The mind really can convince itself of anything with effort, it is an amazing thing.

#7 2009-04-17 19:40:10

dee

GhostDog wrote:

First rule of therianthropy: Never trust anything anyone says if it's in the same context as p-shifting. P-shifting, if you don't already know, stands for physical shifting (though I'm sure you've gathered that). One of the most used lines in the book is the bit about 'never trust anyone who cannot prove they are able to p-shift'. People who say they can physically shift use this so much it's lost all meaning. As far as I can tell, this person hasn't proved they can either, am I right?

As far as mental shifting, it can be induced, but to induce something you need to know what triggers it in the first place. Simple enough if you've experienced mental shifts before, but not so easy if you have no idea what you're looking for, so to speak.

What you're describing is a phantom shift, from what I can gather. Mental shifting (m-shifting) is shifting to the mindset of your theriotype (i.e, thinking like a wolf and so on). Phantom shifting is feeling your fur/tail/ears etcetera as if they were truly there (just like when a leg amputee feels the sensation of their leg - it's not theere, no-one can see it, but it feels like it is).

Also, bare in mind that the mind is an extraordinary thing. You can convince yourself that you are feeling something when in truth you really aren't. Does that makes sense? For example, I could close my eyes and imaging that I was in a field - it could get to the point where I even felt the grass I was sitting on, but it's just an illusion brought about by my telling myself it is real.

As a side note, your may just be loosing sensation in your arm, if you were keeping it in a stationary position.

Thanks for explaining. I feel like a have a bit more of an understanding to it. I can be a little gullible somtimes. But I'm the kind of person who tries to find out if something's true or not. Yes I believe that p-shifting is possible, but your right about how people say they can without proof.

um...yeah

#8 2009-04-18 05:30:43

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

bdk336 wrote:

Never trust anyone who says they can p-shift.
also a few fun facts:
Fact 1: I am not a were/therian
Fact 2: I can p-shift, no lie, no really NO LIE, SERIOUSLY. I am being TOTALLY honest.

As for something actually somewhat on topic: The mind really can convince itself of anything with effort, it is an amazing thing.

Um, moar troll?

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#9 2009-04-18 08:34:10

bdk336
Website

I was joking in that post, the point was that you can say whatever you want about being able to shift, but you can't say anything with just words that actually PROVES what you are saying.

#10 2009-04-18 14:07:00

lupen the wolf

So true. So true....

ego sum quis ego sum....

#11 2009-04-18 15:23:55

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

bdk336 wrote:

I was joking in that post, the point was that you can say whatever you want about being able to shift, but you can't say anything with just words that actually PROVES what you are saying.

Ah fair enough. Yeah, supposed p-shifters really get my goat. I thought over time I would become more tolerant of them, but no, over time they have just made me more and more angry.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#12 2009-04-18 18:03:40

bdk336
Website

GhostDog wrote:

ShadyHowl wrote:

bdk336 wrote:

Ah fair enough. Yeah, supposed p-shifters really get my goat. I thought over time I would become more tolerant of them, but no, over time they have just made me more and more angry.

Eh, I know how you feel. More or less every time I see "LULZ I CAN LYK TOTALLY P-SHIFT XDDD LULZ FO' REALZ" I call up someone to rant about it ><

[/spam]

Yea I can understand that. I feel that way about certain stuff too. Especially when people assume things about me because I am a teenager.

#13 2009-04-19 00:19:35

lupen the wolf

>.<     P-SHIFTING = NO BUENO

ego sum quis ego sum....

#14 2009-04-19 22:53:16

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

GhostDog wrote:

Eh, I know how you feel. More or less every time I see "LULZ I CAN LYK TOTALLY P-SHIFT XDDD LULZ FO' REALZ" I call up someone to rant about it ><

I just laugh...

lupen the wolf wrote:

>.<     P-SHIFTING = NO BUENO

Oh chillax wolf dude.....

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2009-04-19 22:54:22)

#15 2009-04-20 22:05:29

dee

I came across this website about therianthropy. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but what I have read seems to be quite informational.
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Can … ource.html

um...yeah

#16 2009-04-24 19:25:10

lupen the wolf

Interesting....

ego sum quis ego sum....

#17 2009-04-24 23:08:18

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Yeah, that's an old site.  Some of the information on it is good, some of it is controversial, but that's because it has multiple authors, which is good.

Board footer