The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-12 21:03:51

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

PFA a new series by Harvest Leaf Entertainment

Hey Hey everybody! I was told to travel here. This is Harvest Leaf Entertainment, we'll be debuting at the Knoxville "Adventurecon" on June 12th-14th. Our series is going to be called PFA (like CSI) big_smile

Our storyline will have werewolves!!!! Among other creatures like Vampyres =O Zombies, and other frights that roam at night! Citizens Beware ;o <Gasp>

haha Okay seriously though, I think if everything goes planned this will potentially be the next AWESOME series.

For the convention we're starting part A (going to E) of our first trading card series. We WILL HAVE A WEREWOLF for one of the cards. We will also have Werewolf related shirts and other good stuff.

So if you're in the area, (Knoxville, TN) June 12-14th please stop by our booth (#508)

Our quote in red is like the elevator pitch to what our storyline will be about. (Basically Superpowered beings vs. Monsters with an anime flavor)

Cheers
smile

"In Harvest City, monsters roam the streets at night. Werewolves, vampires, zombies... when the police can't handle the creatures that bump in the night, they call the P.F.A.â„¢" (Check out our book/comics forum on here for our major updates)

#2 2009-05-12 21:06:37

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Re: PFA a new series by Harvest Leaf Entertainment

ah forgot 2 things

1) What makes the werewolf cool in this series. We're bringing it back old school. Well at least the 80s kinda werewolf.

2) See our post under the Conventions and Meetings section

Cheers
cool

"In Harvest City, monsters roam the streets at night. Werewolves, vampires, zombies... when the police can't handle the creatures that bump in the night, they call the P.F.A.â„¢" (Check out our book/comics forum on here for our major updates)

#3 2009-05-15 04:11:48

WereWolfH

80s werewolf? Like Teen Wolf or Werewolf the tv show or Howling or Stephen King movie (Full Moon I think)

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#4 2009-05-16 01:02:45

The Busboy
Administrator

Cool, wish I could make that convention, would like to check out your comic.  Good luck with it, keep us posted on where it's being posted about and being sold online.  Any pictures or links?

#5 2009-05-17 23:56:27

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Hey WerewolfH, so far we're going to have a werewolf look in the category like the tv series Werewolf, Van Helsing, Full Moon, etc. That type of werewolf. And It's a werewolf not the Wolfman type look, although we may be including the Wolfman look, but that's still left open for the writer.

Thanks busboy, we are working on our myspace so, please everyone join us on myspace as well as here of course

www.myspace.com/pfacomics

We put the vampire picture up which is slightly different than the card that will be released  soon. Some people we asked thought it was a zombie, but in the 90s and before the 90s, vampires arose from graves so we're bringing that back. And on the back of the card, I think we'll have profiles to explain our characters and what they do. I know for sure the vampire will be pre to 90s versions (allergic to garlic, crosses and holy water are bad, sunlight kills, stakes kill, they may not enter a house unless given permission, etc.

Stay tuned b/c we will be uploading more promo pictures on the myspace.

=lol: Special Teaser:

The title of our Werewolf card as of now is, "What Would You Do If You Saw a Werecreature on Lover's Lane?"

Anyone else have questions, please feel free to ask here. big_smile

Cheers
smile

Last edited by HarvestLeafEntertainment (2009-05-18 00:16:02)

#6 2009-05-19 21:34:48

WereWolfH

sounds cool.

#7 2009-05-19 23:19:38

The Busboy
Administrator

Keep us posted on your myspace updates (I just checked it out).

#8 2009-05-21 19:47:36

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Cool Amy here!

Busboy will do and please, everyonoe if you have a myspace account please add us!

www.myspace.com/pfacomics
www.myspace.com/harvestleafentertainment

thanks
Amy

oh P.S. we will have 2 werewolf type cards added to the series. One's like a Wolfman and the other should be moreso the vision of what our werewolf will look like. The one that will be released on June 12th (at adventurecon) is moreso an artistic interpretation from the artist. Concept's from Harvest, but the look of the werewolf is scaryyyyyy but not really our look. ( Which happens in the comic book world) The card is still very scary though!!!

#9 2009-05-23 11:56:39

KidWerewolf36

cool. When's your comic out and stuff? I might buy a card or shirt, but I don't live near Tenessee.

#10 2009-06-03 21:34:39

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Thanks all for the response. We will begin selling on ebay the week after the 15th. That's when we'll be back from the convention. We just got in another batch of cards, the Werewolf card's looking good and we'll have another two in the card set.  So Part A will be what's released so far and we will begin having auditions for artists to do Part B and that might come out in August/Septemberish.

As far as the comic, hopefully everything goes well at the convention, because that's sort of a fundraiser for the comic. We're shooting for the fall (matches with the name of our company big_smile  right!?!). The script's pretty much been written several months ago for maybe the first 8 issues.

I'm feeling very authorish so I might just write a Werewolf story and post it on our myspace.

Wish us luck everybody!!!!

#11 2009-06-06 20:52:25

KidWerewolf36

Good luck. , I'll get a shirt if it's awesome. Could you tell us what's on the back of the card, (if you're saving it, I understand)

let us know
I'm a vampire fan to so

#12 2009-06-19 20:36:22

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Hey everyone. I just got back and I went to Central Park to read the first draft of the werewolf story for myspace. But I do have a question for you guys. I have it written out in red text with a black background so will myspace let me do that? B/c I think the colors add to the ambiance of the story.

Adventurecon was mad cool!!! We had fun. Ray Park, aka Toad from X-Men, aka Snake Eyes in teh upcoming GI Joe movie was just a really good inspiration. Everyoen had really cool costumes. There was a robot C3PO zooming by and some more Star Wars characters that I can't identify (one was a blue woman/man with a long neck. They were in part 2 when Obi Wan finds out that place about the Clones and it's raining and he battles Bobo Fett maybe??) the other cool creature I couldn't tell ya where it's from but everyone says STar Wars. This guy looked exactly like Terminator 2 Arnold. And sounded like him too.

Our booth looked really cool and we got a lot of positive reactions and feedback. I think we'd always planned on having one of our costumed charaters at our upcoming conventions. The easiest is probably going to be the zombie b/c our vamps have red eyes and contacts are ??????? plus we have 2 fangs instead of one so....

But anyway we'll be posting our stuff on ebay as soon as we find our adapter to connect the camera to the computer. So please everyone buy a t-shirt, or our Part A trading card pack, please pleaes please please!!! They're really cool t-shirts and the pack is really cool.

Oh yeah and we might get a roleplaying game someone offered to help us. I have no clue what roleplaying entails, but I like metallic looking statues and dice so does that apply to roleplaying games?

Wicked
Peace everyoen

#13 2009-06-24 00:22:50

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

They're here. They're here!!!! Okay so we are officially open for business folks!!! We're selling our hot t-shirts on Ebay while we are gearing up for our next convention!!! We have a Zombie shirt, a Vampire shirt, and a Werewolf shirt. The Werewolf shirts come in 5 various colors from size Small- 3x. And each of the three listings will come with 2 prizes (you get to pick our of the two categories that have several selections)

Here is our link, these are very hot shirts, I get compliments all the time from wearing them and they sold really well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0414508453

Take care let us know what ya' think and
please spread the word so we can get more
werewolf related comics out there!!!
big_smile  big_smile   big_smile   big_smile

#14 2009-06-25 06:42:28

BlueEyesWolf

Oooooooooh, I like the Werewolf and the Werewolves Are Cooler shirts ! Are you guys going to Comic-Con in San Diego ? Maybe I can buy the shirts there.

#15 2009-06-25 10:13:54

wolfsongx

HarvestLeafEntertainment wrote:

They're here. They're here!!!! Okay so we are officially open for business folks!!! We're selling our hot t-shirts on Ebay while we are gearing up for our next convention!!! We have a Zombie shirt, a Vampire shirt, and a Werewolf shirt. The Werewolf shirts come in 5 various colors from size Small- 3x. And each of the three listings will come with 2 prizes (you get to pick our of the two categories that have several selections)

Here is our link, these are very hot shirts, I get compliments all the time from wearing them and they sold really well.

Take care let us know what ya' think and
please spread the word so we can get more
werewolf related comics out there!!!
big_smile  big_smile   big_smile   big_smile

Those look cool!  I may get one.  smile

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#16 2009-06-25 15:51:49

WereWolfH

Dude, those look sweet. What's the werewolf picture on the right? Is that from the comic book? Shirts look great, I might get a black one. That looks cool. So does the red. Well they all look cool. I'm assuming they look similar to the vampires and zombies shirts you have up to? I mean as far as the look of it.

It's awesome and good luck!!!

#17 2009-06-27 16:00:14

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Sorry, none of us got to get on here. As you know Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett passed and we're just starting to recover now. I know for me, two of my characters were partially inspired by Farrah Fawcett and her character, "Jill Munroe," on Charlie's Angels. And I know Michael Jackson was a huge influence on my life and partially on this upcoming comic series. I know I added the zombies specifically b/c of my liking of the Thriller video and if we make sales for Part A of our trading cards, I'll make sure I get good artists (reliable artists) to do a zombie for us for part B. The artist we had couldn't do zombies and wanted to do a mummy but she flaked so, we have an Abominable for the 10th card instead of the zombie.

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

Oooooooooh, I like the Werewolf and the Werewolves Are Cooler shirts ! Are you guys going to Comic-Con in San Diego ? Maybe I can buy the shirts there.

Thanks for the positive feedback!!! Haha, nah we're nowhere near that level to go to Sandiego Comic Con. We barely fit everything in the truck to get to Adventurecon. smile I guess we'll bring half the cards and if we're lucky and get sales we can make next year's Comic Con. That's supposed to be our Wembley Stadium/Madison Square Garden/Dodger's Stadium place (like if we were rockstars those are the stadium/arenas where all artists dream of being able to perform at) to be at. Our biggest stop will be Comic Con!

We'll try to get to other conventions. Meanwhile we are on Ebay (Harvest Leaf Entertainment's our name) So please, Please check us out
And we'll start promoting elsewhere soon. We are going to bring it back old school style as well, so if you can't do Ebay and can't make it to the conventions we'll be at, then please send a letter clearly stating what you'd like (same price as on Ebay)to:

T-shirts with 2 prizes 12.99
Cards $5
Tote Bags $3.
(plus s/h of course)

Harvest Leaf Entertainment
P.O. Box 330458
Nashville, TN 37203

Ohhhh before I forget, Werewolf H, "The Werewolf" is actually the first of the special editions part of our oversized Trading cards. So if you click the "Seller's Other Auctions" the werewolf shirt is in the same style as the Zombie and the Vampire shirts. We'll switch pictures next auction.

We'll put the Oversized trading card packs on Ebay asap (again apologies but Michael's passing devastated all of us here). They'll be just five bucks, and you get some of the good guys and bad guys and really a cool explanation of how the comic series will be. For example we have a "Favorite Creatures of Horror" part on the back of the card where we explain why a character likes to fight this type of creature. So for our pyrokinetic/fire elemental, we say something like Vampires fear her and she can easily set ablaze any vampires that come in her path. And Werewolves hate fire.
Something like that I don't have the cards with me, I'm in NYC smile

Thanks and everyone please if you can please buy something. Most of what we make will help fund us being able to make it to more convetions and to get the comic out faster.

Thanks

Last edited by HarvestLeafEntertainment (2009-06-27 17:30:33)

#18 2009-06-29 21:10:24

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Sorry, the link for some reason is not showing up unless I go to ebay and then c/paste the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … tsupported

thanks again for pointing it out

#19 2009-07-10 13:55:33

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

hey everyone check out our Youtube recap of Adventurecon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u43uD2twMkI

smile
and don't forget to leave a comment/rating!
Cool Amy

Last edited by HarvestLeafEntertainment (2009-07-10 14:05:27)

#20 2009-07-31 00:27:13

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Hey everyone as you know, (or maybe you don't big_smile) we're not going to Chicago after all. I'm sure you guys understand that the economy is playing a huge factor.

So maybe next year we'll be there.

thanks

Harvest

Updates on our comic. How do you guys feel about it being black and white vs. color? My thing about it being black/white is that it might be hard to set the mood b/c the first issue takes place at night and there's supposed to be fog. Thoughts on this or ways to make it work?

Last edited by HarvestLeafEntertainment (2009-07-31 00:28:18)

#21 2009-07-31 01:23:04

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

I actually think that if done right, black and white can make the mood all the more eerie, especially with fog. After all most nights are reduced in color in life. wink

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#22 2009-07-31 15:18:35

ArcLight
Website

"Cold hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is grey and yellow, white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion"

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#23 2009-08-05 00:06:26

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Vindicator wrote:

I actually think that if done right, black and white can make the mood all the more eerie, especially with fog. After all most nights are reduced in color in life. wink

hmmmmmm, sounds like a plan, maybe. This'll definitely mean the penciler or inker will need to be 100% on point. I'll go over my comic draft again and see.

Oh wait, if it's black and white, how will I be able to draw fire/flames without them looking corny? I mean it won't be up to me, but the artist but I like to think everything through...

#24 2009-08-05 00:07:56

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

ArcLight wrote:

"Cold hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is grey and yellow, white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion"

Huh?hmm where's that quote from? yikes

#25 2009-08-13 23:48:42

WereWolfH

Hey everybody! (Amy, I checked and didn't see that werewolf story. Updates? The werewolf was a cool look by the way)

take care check your e-mail

Board footer