The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-08-24 15:41:40

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Re: PFA a new series by Harvest Leaf Entertainment

Whoops, forgot to update on here. Hey everyone, Cool Amy here, representing for H.L.E. Okay so, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to keep it real here. As you probably can see from other comics on here, like 90% of most indy comics tend to fail, and in our opinion from the last two conventions we went to, it's because people tend to overlook anything that's not from the major 4 comic companies. So right now, we're pulling back and have decided to drop out of some convention shows. That way we can use the thousands that would have been spent on transportation (and gas) and hotel and booth fees, on promotion and other actual items from us.

We also have people awaiting the first issue. Right now the artist we like is so so, so we might have to rely on other people. So we may have auditions soon.

Jesse, as far as the werewolf story, everyone's seen the werewolf picture right? Well, from what I saw of the story, I think it might get released as a comic book ooorrrrrrr it might be filmed as like a mini movie thing and posted on youtube. (This depends on the filmmakers Harvest is talking to and what it will ultimately look like. I know they saw a location, but it's supposed to be at night and to make it look good you have to have good lighting.) So it'll be a video clip or it could just be like a "live" comic clip. So they'll take pictures of the main points and then try to make it look like the night time in post and just post it. Sort of like a live storybook.

So everything's in the air. And the economy is making a domino effect for everything. (Another reason why we're cancelling some conventions that were cool in the past,but might not be good now or might not get enough traffic for us)

thanks for understanding and we appreciate any thoughts, feedback, etc
We want to last,but we have a huge hill to climb.

thanks
Cool Amy

"In Harvest City, monsters roam the streets at night. Werewolves, vampires, zombies... when the police can't handle the creatures that bump in the night, they call the P.F.A.â„¢" (Check out our book/comics forum on here for our major updates)

#27 2009-08-27 10:08:02

WereWolfH

HarvestLeafEntertainment wrote:

Jesse, as far as the werewolf story, everyone's seen the werewolf picture right? Well, from what I saw of the story, I think it might get released as a comic book ooorrrrrrr it might be filmed as like a mini movie thing and posted on youtube. (This depends on the filmmakers Harvest is talking to and what it will ultimately look like. I know they saw a location, but it's supposed to be at night and to make it look good you have to have good lighting.) So it'll be a video clip or it could just be like a "live" comic clip. So they'll take pictures of the main points and then try to make it look like the night time in post and just post it. Sort of like a live storybook.

So everything's in the air. And the economy is making a domino effect for everything. (Another reason why we're cancelling some conventions that were cool in the past,but might not be good now or might not get enough traffic for us)

thanks for understanding and we appreciate any thoughts, feedback, etc
We want to last,but we have a huge hill to climb.

thanks
Cool Amy

Cool. And I hear ya about the economy. The Wizard Con in Chicago wasn't that great I hear. And they might be cancelling Wizard Magazine that's another rumor I'm hearing. sad But Wizard turned to crap a while ago in my opinion. If they make it how it was like in pre issue 40s then it might regain its sales. But I'm hearing a lot of magazines might go under.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#28 2009-09-11 19:39:02

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

I hope Wizard doesn't go out of business!  Yeah, magazines and newspapers are not doing so hot, but some of it has to do with them and alot has to do with the fact that you can get stuff from the internet. I really hope not b/c we as humans need to touch and fell things. Can't do that with seeing things online. That's why I think the cd for a similar example will not be totally expunged. Right now people are trying to make comics go online. How do you all feel about that? Fro me I always like cuddling on my couch  by the fire reading a good novel or something.

"In Harvest City, monsters roam the streets at night. Werewolves, vampires, zombies... when the police can't handle the creatures that bump in the night, they call the P.F.A.â„¢" (Check out our book/comics forum on here for our major updates)

#29 2009-10-01 18:46:59

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Hey everyone, cool Amy here! OKay so, since it's the first of October how about a sneak peak into  one of our stories...

Harvest City

(More specifically, Downtown- looks a bit like The Matrix movie when Trinity had her motorbike and zoomed solo in the streets with tall buildings looming above)

First page: Splash page of a few downtown buildings with a huge full moon above.
Next page is the same thing, except, you can see some people flying into view.

One of them has a fire stream as he jets through the buildings. Another, a golden mist tailing closely behind. They are super fighters, on patrol. Looking for WEREWOLVES ON THE LOOSE...

FFFWWOOOOOOMMM is the sound the flier with the fire powers makes as he flies around a corner. It's silent on this full moon night. Well... silent... at least on this block.

Next page- Below, a futuristic van slowly moves underneath the fighters in the air. The streets. They are deserted. Everyone should be tucked in for the night. When the PFA crew turn right onto the next block, they see them... Three werewolves, causing havoc and destruction to a car. They are snarling. They are growling. They are slashing. They are biting.

"Why are they attacking one car," says one of the male fliers.

Oh.

He answers his own question. There is a lady inside that car, with her baby. The fighters must hurry before the wolves can get in.

SLASH SLASH SLASH.

The werewolves with their sharp talons have made a slight opening...

"HELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP," shouts the woman with her screaming baby....

"SOMEBODY HELLLLLLLLPPPPPP..."

One of the werewolves suddenly stops and sniffs the air.

SNIFF SNIFF

Then he turns his head to the left and his yellow, blazing eyes narrow in on the descending fighters. He stares for a moment. They are down the street. He narrows his eyes, then snarls.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The fighters land silently in front of the heavily armored van. They pose like they are ready to fight. They ARE ready to fight...

The End...

Hope you all like it.

Last edited by HarvestLeafEntertainment (2009-10-01 19:13:27)

#30 2009-10-11 16:49:25

KidWerewolf36

Cool. Is this the script?

#31 2009-10-14 20:40:29

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Hello everybody!!! Cool Amy Here! Hope all is well. We have a big announcement. It was decided this week at the last minute that Harvest Leaf Entertainment would appear at the Nashville, TN Horror and Comic Book Convention!!!

We were going to have a costumed model come in but the costume won't be in until next week b/c the seamstress lady is like hella booked! So bummer on that, but we think it'll be awesome so if you're around Nashville, TN come check us out this Saturday and Sunday at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds!

More info on the conventions forum on here.

Last edited by HarvestLeafEntertainment (2009-10-14 20:44:23)

#32 2009-10-19 16:37:14

The Busboy
Administrator

Sounds like fun!  How was the convention?

#33 2009-10-23 19:41:08

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Thanks for asking Busboy, You Rock!!!

For the convention. The convention was okay. The crowd wasn't that great. I talked to several table booth people and they didn't do well. Oh and to top it off, WEREWOLF Fans GOT OWNED THAT WEEKEND!!!!! Everyone was buyng the ZOMBIES...shirts from us instead. We only sold one werewolf shirt!!!!!!!! I know, I know. Crushing. smile

On a positive note, we got some cool offers! One of the coolest was that we might get invited to an art gallery. Which would be good promotion for us. I actually thought of getting a picture done for the story (posted 2 or 3 posts up) above and blow it up, and use that for the art "painting."

Another positive note is that I, Harvest, came up with a potentially great vampire villian. I'm sorta writing the first appearance as we speak. I've also written several concepts to develop the character and put her into our Villian gallery!

Last positive note, well it's rather a question. Do you think a Preview Issue is a good idea to have and then release issue 1 later? The preview issue would include the "painting" picture (of the story two posts up), cover of issue #1 and probably issue #2, and then possibly other scenario pictures to help describe the storyline. I.E. I might have a generic hero blasting a werewolf in the back ( with power blasts of some kind coming from his hands) as it tries to escape jumping off a cliff to freedom. Maybe on the left page it would have a couple of sentences about the story the art is telling.
I'd also have other things included. Has anyone read "The Mysteries of Harris Burdick"? It'd have some pages like that. (Text on the left about the picture on the right). And it'd be diverse. Not all werewolves, I'd have to include my other villians (zombies, vampires, etc)

It'd be like a prelude. What do you all think b/c the negative to that is that it's delaying the series, but the positive is that I"m moving forward and I don't have to worry yet about an artist quitting halfway through finishing issue 1 and then I'd have to scrap everything and start over. What do you all think I know that's a lot in a paragraph.

Peace
Harvest

#34 2009-10-25 22:21:06

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Yeah, Zombies owned Werewolves and Vampires this weekend also. (Translation: We sold wayyyyyyyyyy more zombie shirts this weekend. No werewolf shirts though? Bummer smile)

Okay gotta get ready to jet in the morning

Happy Halloween

#35 2009-10-28 16:27:47

KidWerewolf36

I joined your myspace!! As far as your question do the issue. We wanna see it! But if artists are giving you the run around then do the preview thing. Hope that helps smile

#36 2009-10-29 16:10:04

The Busboy
Administrator

How long of a gap do you think there would be between the preview issue and issue #1 (if you did a preview)?  The preview issue might be a nice thing to be able to get something together relatively quickly (to show at soon upcoming conventions).  If you go to issue #1 first, you might want to think about having issue #2 and #3 in the works to some degree so there wouldn't be too long of a wait for them.

#37 2009-10-29 16:11:15

The Busboy
Administrator

P.S. Good luck with your project!

#38 2009-10-29 16:22:59

The Busboy
Administrator

And yeah, zombies seem to be more "in" lately.  Vampires, zombies and werewolves seems to be the order of popularity (but of course on this site it's werewolves, werewolves and werewolves, ha, ha).

#39 2009-12-10 23:32:47

WereWolfH

Thanks for asking Busboy, You Rock!!!

For the convention. The convention was okay. The crowd wasn't that great. I talked to several table booth people and they didn't do well. Oh and to top it off, WEREWOLF Fans GOT OWNED THAT WEEKEND!!!!! Everyone was buyng the ZOMBIES...shirts from us instead. We only sold one werewolf shirt!!!!!!!! I know, I know. Crushing. smile

On a positive note, we got some cool offers! One of the coolest was that we might get invited to an art gallery. Which would be good promotion for us. I actually thought of getting a picture done for the story (posted 2 or 3 posts up) above and blow it up, and use that for the art "painting."

Another positive note is that I, Harvest, came up with a potentially great vampire villian. I'm sorta writing the first appearance as we speak. I've also written several concepts to develop the character and put her into our Villian gallery!

Last positive note, well it's rather a question. Do you think a Preview Issue is a good idea to have and then release issue 1 later? The preview issue would include the "painting" picture (of the story two posts up), cover of issue #1 and probably issue #2, and then possibly other scenario pictures to help describe the storyline. I.E. I might have a generic hero blasting a werewolf in the back ( with power blasts of some kind coming from his hands) as it tries to escape jumping off a cliff to freedom. Maybe on the left page it would have a couple of sentences about the story the art is telling.
I'd also have other things included. Has anyone read "The Mysteries of Harris Burdick"? It'd have some pages like that. (Text on the left about the picture on the right). And it'd be diverse. Not all werewolves, I'd have to include my other villians (zombies, vampires, etc)

It'd be like a prelude. What do you all think b/c the negative to that is that it's delaying the series, but the positive is that I"m moving forward and I don't have to worry yet about an artist quitting halfway through finishing issue 1 and then I'd have to scrap everything and start over. What do you all think I know that's a lot in a paragraph.

Peace
Harvest

That would bee cool to get a painting. HOw about making it a poster, that way you could sell several for cheaper.

Yeah do issue 1. Doing a prelude is good though b/c if people are just vampire fans or just zombie fans or werewolf fans, they might not buy your issue but if you do a preview you show what the story series could be about. You should check out Anita Blak #1 variant cover (go to Anita Blake part on here or in the movie section. I talk about it there) That cover's what made me buy the comics b/c it had werewolves and wereleopards on it. Whatever you do make sure you are realistic about it b/c as you can see on this section some comic book guys have disappeared so I'm assuming their stuff didn't sell. Or it didn't sell enough copies to warrant more stories.

Last edited by WereWolfH (2009-12-10 23:34:02)

#40 2009-12-16 16:00:47

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

KidWerewolf36 wrote:

I joined your myspace!! As far as your question do the issue. We wanna see it! But if artists are giving you the run around then do the preview thing. Hope that helps smile

Thanks for joining, Kidwerewolf36

Last edited by HarvestLeafEntertainment (2009-12-16 23:13:15)

#41 2009-12-16 16:43:12

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Hello everyone, hope everyone's having a great holiday season! We've been really busy going to festivals and such. The last festival we went to, the vampire shirts sold the most. So wow, where are werewolves popular? What city so we can stop by. lol.

Thanks to everyone that's posted. Instead of direct quotes from previous posts, I'll try to remember the posts and sum them up here.

Busboy

Thanks for posting. Ummmm the preview issue might be issue #0 or called the Preview Issue. I had done an introduction issue a while ago (I forgot about that. smile) that might be issue 0 or it might be an annual or something of that effect. Not sure yet.

Updates:

At this point we've come up with story concepts for issues 1-10. I'm really excited about that. And even though I had an idea about the first werewolf issue (maybe I think it's been sitting for up to a year/year and a half now. I was going to get this famous artist to do a painting type cover for it but I might do something else), it was never fully completed as far as the story concept. Last night I had a great idea that fits with the story. So the werewolf story concept is finally complete!!!! I'm sooooo excited. So now for the werewolf story there are two locations for this story. As of now, the first appearance of a werewolf (if we don't do a preview issue), will be issue #4 thus far. It could get bumped up to issue 2, but we'll see. Zombies and vampires are really popular.

For issue one, some of you have seen what migiht be the cover art for issue #1. (I've taken it down for right now. I think we might redo the design of it. I might put it up later.) It might be the same thing but with a different colorist to give it a more serious tone. Or I might have artists come up with a concept on their own.

Busboy
As far as doing a preview vs. issue 1, it's still up in the air. I've written several stories (since I last talked to you guys last) that I would like to go in an anthology or something if the comic has to wait. The stories are along the lines of the story above, but I'm sure they'd be more detailed. smile. If they get released, of course I aim to have a picture with it and then I'd let you all know.

As far as the gap between Preview to issue #1 or if issue #1's released to issue #2, that all depends on sales. If we go to a big convention and sell enough issues to fund the next issue then we'll get to work immediately since we already have story concepts finished. If the comic doesn't take, then we have to go to another convention. Yeah, so everything's based on sales. That's why with a preview issue, you get more story concepts, different villians, locations, etc. and a bigger picture into this story's world. I did get a suggestion to have cover art for issue 2 in the comic so that people will know we have an idea for issue 2.

So as I said above, we do have story concepts not just for the next two issues but up to issue 10. We also have cover art concepts for most of the issues.

Posters vs. a painting
That's a great point to have posters instead of a painting. We''ve thought of doing a poster or two a while ago. We also thought of perhaps taking some of the stories with art and making them into a calendar.

Great
Have a great one you all!!!
Harvest

Last edited by HarvestLeafEntertainment (2009-12-16 23:12:27)

#42 2010-01-18 21:17:06

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Hey everyone. Cool Amy here just to check in on everyone. Hope you're having a  good holiday. And we all were getting on all of our networks and talking to our friends, family, etc to just ask that people volunteer and/or donate to help out Haiti. It's on some of the news stations. This correlates to our "Everyone Can Be a Hero" movement where everyone has potential to be a great hero. You don't have to physically be there. You can be there in spirit.

$5 can maybe buy a retail pack of water that can give 12 people fresh/clean water to drink. It could even get a bottle or two of peanut butter or tuna cans. Please help if you can. $5 is a value meal combo  at the drive in.
You can break down $5 even more to your friends, but this is just a starter thing if you don't have any examples to share with your peeps

thanks

Remember Everyone Can Be a Hero you don't have to have powers

Last edited by HarvestLeafEntertainment (2010-01-18 21:21:27)

#43 2010-01-19 16:28:24

The Busboy
Administrator

Thank you Amy, cool post.

#44 2010-01-22 20:14:12

KidWerewolf36

ditto. I put down $10 for the Red Cross.

#45 2010-01-23 18:37:43

WerewolfImmortal

My grandma put money down for all of us grandkids.

So is this comic book out? Are there any pictures of it? I can't access the myspace.

#46 2010-02-19 20:50:33

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Hey everyone, Cool Amy here with updates. Thanks Busboy for previous statement by the way.

We might appear at the Florida Supercon this summer. Plans are still being made.

We'll also be looking for artists to do work for us. So if you are a freelancer and  draw/paint werewolves, start getting your portfolios ready!!!

Laterz

Last edited by HarvestLeafEntertainment (2010-02-27 19:10:13)

#47 2010-02-27 19:45:43

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

What's up everybody. Here is a rough roughhhhhh draft of part of another werewolf story concept for the series. I'm feeling this as issue 18 or somewhere around there. I haven't narrowed down who is going to be the good guy yet. I know it's a girl, and actually the idea of this came to me using another of the girls than the girl used below. She (girl below) is probably the second choice as the lead of this story. So if I decide to go with my first choice, then this part will be slightly changed to fit the other girl's personality and power. I hope you enjoy. Tell me what you think.

Peace
Harvest

<Several panels will be of viewer/reader looking down at the alley below. You will see a lone figure getting bigger and bigger with each panel to reveal the figure walks purposefully in the middle of the alley, slowly. Cautiously. A few panels will show the girls face being on guard, intense, slightly frightened>

A psychic walks into the alley. She's very tense. She knows he's in there. Excuse me, IT is in there. Hiding. Waiting. Lurking in the shadows. It's waiting for her to take the bait. So it can have it's next meal.
The deeper she walks into the alley-way, the darker it gets. Only the full moon pierces through the darkness to share some light. (It has a blue tint to it on this night).

"Come out monster," she says to the shadows. No response. She scans ahead. No movement. 

"I know you're in there." She looks again.

She has a moment to think.

I soooo don't need this. Maybe I should get backup, she thinks.

Suddenly, she gets a mental image of a giant, green garbage bin. The lid is closed, but there is some trash, papers with stains, hanging out of it. It's around five feet tall, eight feet wide, she discerns from the picture in her mind. Then she sees the beast come out from behind the garbage bin. In that milli second, she thinks that it is uncanny how the werewolf steps out like a human would. So human like and just staring. Staring at her. Her mind's eye tells her it is close to seven feet tall and well built. Like a bodybuilder. She sees the huge pecs to the biceps. The huge thighs. The huge calves.

It's gotta be over three hundred pounds of muscle. At least..

The werewolf has a shiny black pelt like a doberman.

She gasps. And the mental image is gone. She is back in the corporeal world. Back in the alley. And meters in front of her is that same green garbage bin that she had a flash of. And she hears a rustling by the bin. She knows it's not the rat that scurries at top speed from underneath the bin. She knows it's not the stray papers blowing down the alley. She does know what's behind that bin. And sure enough, IT STEPS OUT.

"Ohhhh, shhi...."

Last edited by HarvestLeafEntertainment (2010-02-28 20:39:33)

#48 2010-03-02 10:01:24

WereWolfH

What's up everybody. Here is a rough roughhhhhh draft of part of another werewolf story concept for the series. I'm feeling this as issue 18 or somewhere around there. I haven't narrowed down who is going to be the good guy yet. I know it's a girl, and actually the idea of this came to me using another of the girls than the girl used below. She (girl below) is probably the second choice as the lead of this story. So if I decide to go with my first choice, then this part will be slightly changed to fit the other girl's personality and power. I hope you enjoy. Tell me what you think.

Peace
Harvest

<Several panels will be of viewer/reader looking down at the alley below. You will see a lone figure getting bigger and bigger with each panel to reveal the figure walks purposefully in the middle of the alley, slowly. Cautiously. A few panels will show the girls face being on guard, intense, slightly frightened>

A psychic walks into the alley. She's very tense. She knows he's in there. Excuse me, IT is in there. Hiding. Waiting. Lurking in the shadows. It's waiting for her to take the bait. So it can have it's next meal.
The deeper she walks into the alley-way, the darker it gets. Only the full moon pierces through the darkness to share some light. (It has a blue tint to it on this night).

"Come out monster," she says to the shadows. No response. She scans ahead. No movement. 

"I know you're in there." She looks again.

She has a moment to think.

I soooo don't need this. Maybe I should get backup, she thinks.

Suddenly, she gets a mental image of a giant, green garbage bin. The lid is closed, but there is some trash, papers with stains, hanging out of it. It's around five feet tall, eight feet wide, she discerns from the picture in her mind. Then she sees the beast come out from behind the garbage bin. In that milli second, she thinks that it is uncanny how the werewolf steps out like a human would. So human like and just staring. Staring at her. Her mind's eye tells her it is close to seven feet tall and well built. Like a bodybuilder. She sees the huge pecs to the biceps. The huge thighs. The huge calves.

It's gotta be over three hundred pounds of muscle. At least..

The werewolf has a shiny black pelt like a doberman.

She gasps. And the mental image is gone. She is back in the corporeal world. Back in the alley. And meters in front of her is that same green garbage bin that she had a flash of. And she hears a rustling by the bin. She knows it's not the rat that scurries at top speed from underneath the bin. She knows it's not the stray papers blowing down the alley. She does know what's behind that bin. And sure enough, IT STEPS OUT.

"Ohhhh, shhi...."

Sounds cool. What does corporal mean though?

#49 2010-03-17 21:13:54

WereWolfH

never mind. Got it, physical world right. Cool story

#50 2010-06-20 21:32:49

HarvestLeafEntertainment
Website

Hey everybody! Cool Amy Here. We're starting to sell our Vampires are Cool, Werewolves are Cooler, and Zombies are the Coolest t-shirts again on Ebay. They come with a werewolf or vampire card and/or a button (we have Werewolves, Zombies, and Vampire buttons as well as 20+ other button styles).

Or we sell via mail:

T-shirts with 2 prizes 10.99
Cards 3 for $1.
Tote Bags $3.
(S/H is 3.99 in USA and 5.99 for Canada)

Please send a money order/check to:

Harvest Leaf Entertainment
P.O. Box 330458
Nashville, TN 37203

We also take paypal. E-mail us first.

Questions/comments

Later gators (or should I say wolves?)

Board footer