The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-18 21:23:45

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

The Eternal Redemption of the White Wolf

Well, after much (or extremely little) anticipation, here is the first chapter of my non-illustrated comic. That's right, non-illustrated comic! (It's different than just a story, trust me!) Anyways, I've always been a compulsive day-dreamer (it's the only way I got through elementary school) and as such, I've always had a fascination with developing my own "superheroes" and such. The only problem, I'm actually quite terrible at drawing cartoon/comic characters. Weird eh? Anyways, shortly after coming here, I did the inevitable and developed a character that I really feel embodies much of the emotions and interests of this site. Having done that, I then went on to create an entire storyline in my head. While I wasn't planning on doing anything with it beyond using it for my own daydreaming enjoyment, I found that I liked it so much that I decided, what the hey, I mine as well write the storyline. I really wish I could have this illustrated, and if at any point someone feels like they really are moved to do that, please let me know!
    Finally, for a couple of brief points before the good stuff. Ok, well first off, as you can tell by the title of the series, it involves someone known as "the White Wolf". Right about now, you're probably cocking your head back and saying, "Geese, who is this guy, naming a character after his post-name-thingy!?" Truth be told, it wasn't so much naming the character after myself as it was I just happen to really think that that would be a great name for who this character desires to be. Now, I'm going to try and not give too much away by saying this, but in the second volume, he WILL have a name change. So if you're really upset about it, I'm sorry, but try and stick around at least through the first seven chapters. That brings me to my second point of interest; the storyline is going to be divided into "volumes" which comprise of similar plots within the story arch. This first volume, begun below, is divided into seven "chapters", which are basically just bite-sized pieces of the overall volume. All the chapter names for this volume are listed below, and after each chapter, a preview for the next chapter will be added. That's right, this entire volume is already planned out, and the previews are written, I just don't want to give them to you yet! I also have a general plan for what is going to occur in the second volume, but that won't be laid out until after the first is concluded. (Also, the second volume already has a name as well, but that won't be revealed until after chapter 7!) As for the writing style, it’s not exactly my own. I’ve written several other short stories and am working on a novel which in no way pertains to wolves, thus have my own ‘style’ of writing. However, I felt that this work would be better suited if it were written as if I were sitting here describing a comic strip to you, and thus that is why it is entirely written as it is. Finally, I just want to state for the record, my name is NOT Peter Turner, I do not know anyone named Peter Turner, and if you are named Peter Turner, congratulations, that happens to be a very cool name.
    Anyways, sorry for this long post, there shouldn't be any more like it. I really hope you enjoy this series, and please feel free to comment away! Also, guessing as to what is going to happen next is allowed, and strongly encouraged! And now, without further ado, I give you:

http://flwhitewolf.deviantart.com/art/V … -125938164

Chapter 2: A Curse Uncovered, preview: Peter discovers what he has become and why. Gripping with this new found truth, he must decide whether to deny his being or succumb to all that it entails, but a sudden threat may make the decision for him...

Chapter 3: The Purpose

Chapter 4: Hero Born of Blood

Chapter 5: The Choice

Chapter 6: Revenge is a Dark Poison

Chapter 7 (end of Volume I): Stained With Black

Volume II: ???

Last edited by White Wolf (2009-06-14 18:43:59)

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#2 2009-05-18 22:21:13

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Re: The Eternal Redemption of the White Wolf

Yeah it has been posted. Now just to read it.  By the way I love the title.

Last edited by Vindicator (2009-05-18 22:21:35)

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#3 2009-05-18 22:38:43

Vindicator
Website

I find the whole tale very gripping. It isn't as corny as you said it was. smile I would have to say mine tale beats yours at that. As of yet I don't feel I have enough to make many inferences or predictions into further story development. I would say that it is insane that you have every thing so well planned, I could never write that way.  This is a very interesting writing style, very intriguing. I might just try my hand at illustration, just for kicks and see if it works.  smile

Also I'm very curious now, if it isn't to bothersome or to personal might I enquirer about your religious affiliations.

#4 2009-05-18 23:01:47

White Wolf
Website

Ah, I'm so glad you like it! To be honest, just hearing you say that made the whole thing worth while. I can't wait to come up with the next installment! BTW, any of your drawings would be more than welcomed, I'd love to see what you could come up with.

Oh no, don't worry I don't find it personal or bothersome at all. I am a Christian, both  Methodist and Baptist in my raising (although denomination divisions always seemed so trivial to me). I would ask the same of you, but I believe I did uncover that answer during all my searching this morning! Dang, I still have no idea where you are!

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#5 2009-05-18 23:05:17

Vindicator
Website

I am here, I am there, to ask the perfect question is the goal not to seek the answer.  Any who, I find you very quiet this evening. It must be the writers bug its been biting quite a few people as of late.

#6 2009-05-18 23:11:38

White Wolf
Website

Or just 80's spoof movies... big_smile

#7 2009-05-21 12:09:22

Vindicator
Website

Here Lies the Attempt at Illustration: The first two blocks.

http://hyper-aggie42.deviantart.com/art … -123226172

As always, Enjoy. wink

#8 2009-05-21 12:35:52

White Wolf
Website

So you say you're majoring in anthropology... I have a feeling that you should at least be minoring in drawing, photography, or film production. Looking at the frames (and knowing the story of course), I feel like I'm looking through the storyboard of some big movie or something. You told me you had doubts about you drawing abilities for this, well, I am here to alleviate those fears. These drawings are absolutely exceptional. The amount of detail, the time I can imagine, is unbelievable. I can really tell you put 100% into this! I would only be blessed if you decide to continue. Man, you are good!

#9 2009-05-21 12:39:54

Vindicator
Website

I would add one of those minors two what I already do, but I have my Physical Anthropology Major, Biology Minor, and a Chemistry Minor so I am completely booked, although I'm going to try and take a few side classes in Photography at the least. Thanks so much. I plan on continuing but I am so scarred to attempt faces and the wolves. tongue It shall be a challenge. My I feel fantastic today, thanks for making my day. wink

#10 2009-05-21 12:47:54

White Wolf
Website

In all honesty, it is YOU who have made MY day today. smile

#11 2009-05-21 14:00:02

NightHowler

I think it's great White Wolf. Can't wait for the next chapter!

#12 2009-05-22 01:10:40

White Wolf
Website

Thanks so much NH! I'm really putting a lot of time into this because the plot has really drawn my imagination. In fact, right now I am about halfway done with the second chapter which has plenty of surprises in store. If you haven't already, be sure to check out Vin's drawings above, they're very good. It's nice meeting you BTW!

#13 2009-05-22 01:22:02

Vindicator
Website

You now CS, I already have a link posted. wink Thanks for your dedication.

#14 2009-05-22 01:27:18

Vindicator
Website

cslucifer wrote:

What can I say- you were slow. I was just going to write "you should post a link"... but well, I figured that I might as well post a link myself.

Actually if you look above it is already there, long ago this morning. wink

#15 2009-05-22 02:15:08

White Wolf
Website

Hahahaha, that reminds me of the "meh" by Puffincat. Hahahaha, good times, good times.

#16 2009-05-22 18:31:40

White Wolf
Website

Ok, well I'm in a rush so I can't really write a lot now, but here is Part A of Chapter 2!!! Yeah, it was getting to be a bit long, so I decided to cut in half. Hope you enjoy and please let me know what you think! smile

http://flwhitewolf.deviantart.com/art/V … -125938767

Last edited by White Wolf (2009-06-14 18:45:04)

#17 2009-05-23 01:21:27

Vindicator
Website

Very Cool, I love where this is going. big_smile I'm really excited to see more. Also I'm excited to draw the coat of arms, it completely grabbed my imagination. I love the scene in the car BTY. wink

#18 2009-05-23 01:38:51

White Wolf
Website

Hahahahaha, thanks. That scene is actually my favorite so far. Haha, obviously as I've said before, I've got everything planned out, but that doesn't include little details, so when I write, I actually daydream at the same time. Basically, I'm watching these images in my mind and trying to describe them the best that I can, so I still do have room for inspiration. The scene with the little girl making Peter speak was something that I could just see happening, and I thought it was so funny. As for the coat of arms and motto, I had to do a lot of research there, but it's one of the major reasons why I chose his surname. I'm really excited about the conclusion of this chapter,  it's going to be pretty intense.

#19 2009-05-23 01:45:07

Vindicator
Website

Can't wait. wink RESEARCH!

#20 2009-05-25 20:27:54

White Wolf
Website

I'll be back in an hour, till then here's something that I hope will keep you thoroughly occupied, the conclusion of chapter 2! Enjoy! smile

http://flwhitewolf.deviantart.com/art/V … -125938767

Last edited by White Wolf (2009-06-14 18:45:26)

#21 2009-05-25 20:41:21

Vindicator
Website

Wow, just Wow. That was amazing. I was expecting something like it but not what you put down. I love it when writing surprises me. Fantastic.

"What was that all about Holmes?"

"Ah, my dear Watson, the plot is thickening, quick lets see how it progresses."
big_smile

#22 2009-05-25 21:35:33

White Wolf
Website

Thanks you two! Yeah, I was really thrilled that I got it done so quick. (I wrote the entire thing today) It was a lot quicker than the first half which was so intensive on details and flashbacks. Boy was that a long chapter! Hahaha, in retrospect, I probably should have split it, but I didn't want to since I had already come up with all the chapter plots, etc. On paper it sounded easy, but once I started writing, I realized that it was such a critical chapter that I really needed to give it the attention it deserved. I'm really, really excited about the next one too! It's going to be really action packed, lots of emotion, so I know it'll be a quick one to write as well. Anyways, really glad you're enjoying it, and I'm enjoying writing it just as much! big_smile

#23 2009-05-25 21:40:53

Vindicator
Website

Fantastic! I still can't believe how much planing you put into your writing. I have never been able to do that, I start a story and let it go where the characters take it. wink  I love your writing style it is so easy to understand and yet it still grips you just the same.

#24 2009-05-25 21:46:14

White Wolf
Website

Thanks so much! Yeah, it's really weird. Till now, my favorite story I've been working on is a novel that I've been periodically writing for two years (its about 25 pages long right now), about a fugitive in the South in the 1800's. Anyways, that one I know how it's going to end, but everything else is unplanned and I've really enjoyed seeing where it's taken me. I must say though, that this one has been the most fun to write frankly. I think the reason I planned it so much was because I daydreamed it all, and thus I just had to write it out and "color" it. Thanks for the compliments too. big_smile

#25 2009-06-02 23:54:48

Vindicator
Website

Hey White, I'm working on a stylized drawing of a scene, it is going to be a hand holding a cross, did you have  a particular cross in mind?

Board footer