The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#126 2009-09-02 22:20:59

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Re: The Eternal Redemption of the White Wolf

Amazing White! big_smile  I seriously was slowly falling from me seat as I was getting closer to my screen to read it faster. It was completely gripping. I really did believe you were going to kill Peter, even though I knew there was more of your tale coming. tongue You have a wonderful style, my friend.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#127 2009-09-02 22:30:23

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Hahahahahahahahaha, thanks Vin. Your words always mean so much more to me than you know. smile Hahahahahahahahaha, only one more chapter to go, then I get to write the one I've been waiting months to begin! (You'll love it. wink)

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#128 2009-09-03 10:11:16

Vindicator
Website

Hahahahahahahhaha. That is terribly exciting. I've been attempting to deduce the outcome of the current situation, to discover your excitement, however, you are a master at hiding your twists. I am looking forward to them, as they are very interesting and entertaining to read. wink

#129 2009-09-14 03:40:50

lonewolf13

it is very good please write more!

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. ...In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth...."
    Alphonse Elric --- Fullmetal Alchemist

#130 2009-09-27 00:24:01

White Wolf
Website

Thanks LoneWolf! smile Hahahahahaha, after much delay here's a link to Chapter 6.  Enjoy! big_smile

http://flwhitewolf.deviantart.com/art/V … -138364809

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#131 2009-09-27 14:12:21

Vindicator
Website

Fantastic White! I am quite intrigued about what is going to happen now. I had a notion that the humans he teamed up with would make some progress and in some way be a major support and now their practically....well you know, and his friend, wow. I think it is quite interesting at how you keep throwing your character into these difficult situations, it really does make for an excellent read. smile

#132 2009-09-28 15:59:26

lonewolf13

good work! but why did leon have to die? peter could have just got to him in time and has to change him so he does not die. other than that it is great work can't wait for the next chapter.

Last edited by lonewolf13 (2009-09-29 15:59:03)

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. ...In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth...."

#133 2009-09-30 09:37:30

White Wolf
Website

Hahahahahahaha, thanks both of you! Yeah, killing off Leon was kind of difficult, but it was also always my plan in writing him into the story. Partially it shows progression with Peter, and how he now comes to grips with the sense of loss, but also Leon represents Peter's old life, the world which has left him behind. His dying, is sort of like that old world which Peter has so many connections to, dying as well.

#134 2009-09-30 22:25:55

Vindicator
Website

Hey your welcome. I can't wait to read more. I also really love how the tale is always tying back into the older events and then moving forward. It makes it feel complete. Also I really find it intriguing how Peter has developed into two directions from one event. Quite an interesting divergence.

#135 2009-10-15 04:35:05

lonewolf13

when is the next segment out?

#136 2009-10-19 00:15:49

Vindicator
Website

Well here is another piece of concept art for this amazingly crafted tale.

http://hyper-aggie42.deviantart.com/art … -140758384

#137 2009-10-20 23:25:57

White Wolf
Website

No longer! big_smile The next installment is complete. smile I hope you all enjoy! This definitely was one of the longest, but most enjoyable to write and will begin a very, very excitement series in the tale which will continue into Volume III! smile

http://flwhitewolf.deviantart.com/art/V … -140960211

#138 2009-10-21 00:11:25

Vindicator
Website

Ooooo, am I excited to see what comes of these events or what.  Some of it seem so Sherlock Holmes meets Indiana Jones. wink Who knows where that combination goes. tongue Superb White!

Last edited by Vindicator (2009-10-21 00:12:19)

#139 2009-10-21 07:03:39

lonewolf13

nice keep it coming smile

#140 2009-12-22 23:00:12

White Wolf
Website

Sorry it's been a while (I got caught up in a very busy semester), but here, finally, is Chapter 8 of Volume II! big_smile

I should have Chapter 9 (and subsequently Volume II) completed sometime in the next week or two. wink

http://flwhitewolf.deviantart.com/art/V … -147690200

#141 2009-12-22 23:14:25

White Wolf
Website

Hahahahahahaha, finally. tongue

It's been great! How about you? smile

#142 2009-12-23 00:21:51

Vindicator
Website

Fantastic Writing White! I do love how you craft your words so well. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, I really enjoyed the reference to yourself, along with some of the exclamations from my character. Man, your tale has thoroughly captivated me. I can't wait to read some more of it. I also love your use of local legend and language within the piece. Brilliant White!!! : D: Dbig_smile

Along with that I also noticed a few discrepancies in the tale.  The first was with my character I felt like it was a leap for him to be standing frozen and then to all of a sudden be interrogating the Guide. The other thing is it seemed that there was no reaction to you being a wolf, and if I remember correctly you had yet to reveal that. Anyway those were just some small things I noticed as for the rest fantastic work White. I look forward to reading what comes next. smile

#143 2009-12-23 00:35:37

White Wolf
Website

Hahahahahahaha, thanks Vin! I'm glad that you enjoyed it! Hahahahahahahaha, I'm always trying to think of things that I could picture you saying. wink I find that your character's speech really is a combination of your own with a little bit of Holmes from time to time. wink big_smile As for using the local language and legend and everything, I'm glad that you thought that was good, that's actually a big part of what I'm trying to do in expanding the setting of the story. smile

Hahahahahahahahahaha, I was worried there might be some considering the long period of time over which I wrote this particular chapter. I can understand what you mean with your character... it was my idea though that while all of the action is taking place with Peter and the Chupacabra, your character was slowly making his way over to Diego. As for the second, do you mean a reaction by your character and such? If my memory serves me, that was revealed to them in the previous chapter when Vin handed Peter that gem in his tent. wink

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, I have a feeling that you will either really like what comes next... or really hate it. tongue

#144 2009-12-23 00:42:10

Vindicator
Website

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, ah you just make me smile, my friend. big_smile As for the language I think it is a brilliant idea and it makes the tale have a unique flavor of it, giving it character. 

Yeah I was able to determine that is what you were going after, however my first reaction was, "How did he get over here I thought he was frozen?" So I thought I would mention it as it seemed a bit jumpy. wink As for the other, Really? I don't remember that. I guess I'll have to go read over it again. tongue wink

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, well either way I'm very excited to see where you take this tale. I think it will make an excellent comic book when it is all said and done. smile

#145 2009-12-23 00:49:34

White Wolf
Website

Oh wait, wait... was your impression that he was actually physically frozen? I mean, like he couldn't move? If so, I might actually need to address that, as my intention was more along the lines that he was standing still lost in thought about what he had seen, not actually paralyzed from it.

Hahahahahahahaha, to save you some time (Chapter 7 is really long), here's the excerpt:

His suspicions relieved, Peter reaches out and grabs the jewel, laying it flat upon his right palm. To his astonishment, the gem does not turn a dark blue, but rather a fiery red!

"What does that mean?!" Peter asks immediately.

"Hmmm... now that is interesting..." Vin says calmly, taking a step back.

Peter can sense that something is wrong.

"What?"

Backing all the way to the rear of the tent, Vin softly answers, "The ruby only ever turns red if it is in the presence of one not of us..."

Apprehension floods Peter's thoughts, and he fumbles around in his mind with how to explain himself.

"You're not one of us!" Vin, to Peter's shock, suddenly shouts, alarming the other members of the camp.

Several others rushing into the foyer, he continues loudly, "What'd you do; slowly pick off your regiment???! Did you kill them one by one?! Oh! I should have seen it all along! The facts did not add up! Tell me, for your own sake, what are you?! What are you doing here?!"

Peter tries frantically to calm his new acquaintance down, trying to get a word in edgewise all the while defending himself, "No, no! It's not what you think- It's not what you think at all! I didn't kill anybody- No, no, let me just explain- No, I'll tell you, just- QUIET!!!!" he finally screams and the interior drops into silence.

"Now, if you'll just let me explain..." Peter looks questioningly at Vin, who nods slightly, "First off, I am a werewolf. (Someone in the crowd gasps.) But I have done no one harm! I was found near death by some members of the regiment a couple of months ago enroute to the big city where I thought help might be. When they discovered what I was, they nearly executed me, but only because of Leon I was saved. When he approached me about joining them on their campaign against the vampires, I joined and fought side by side with them. After we were routed, the other survivors and myself returned here where we've hunkered down ever since. I swear, it's the honest truth, you can ask any of my fellow companions!"

Vin eyes the ruby, which in the process of Peter's defense has turned a neutral white while still in his hand. In a symbolic act of trust, Vin steps forward and places his hand upon Peter's left shoulder.

"I believe you."

Thanks a lot Vin! Hahahahahahahahaha, I want to tell you so bad what's coming up next... but I guess it'll have to wait. tongue wink And I know who the illustrator will be. wink

#146 2009-12-23 01:05:12

Vindicator
Website

Well my impression was more of petrified with fear. I read the contemplation bit in the writing but it seemed off from the way your character drags him through the camp you know?  So I guess the whole thing of frozen, contemplation, and then reaction is a bit blurred. If that makes sense.

Hey thanks, and as I read through it. I very much remember that now. wink

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, Well I really do enjoy making scenes from the tale. wink

#147 2009-12-23 01:12:03

White Wolf
Website

Hahahahahahaha, well thanks for that suggestion. wink I think I might take another look at that and try and smooth it out a bit, perhaps add a word or two here and there. big_smile

Hahahahahaha, as always, thanks for the advice. wink I really do appreciate it, because I do make quite a few mistakes and I want it to be the very best it can be... especially if I ever do decide to have it published or anything. smile

#148 2009-12-23 01:20:54

Vindicator
Website

Hey your always welcome my friend. As you do the same for me. wink smile

#149 2009-12-23 12:55:11

lonewolf13

more !!!!!!!!! please
smile

#150 2010-01-03 22:39:22

White Wolf
Website

Hahahahaha, you got it! big_smile

Here is Chapter 9, the conclusion of Volume II... and perhaps the series? You decide. wink http://flwhitewolf.deviantart.com/art/V … -149138125

An announcement about the future of the White Wolf will be made tomorrow.

Board footer