The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-01 20:21:46

Ace

Planning Phases?

Does anyone else plan different parts of their life around phases of the moon?

Myself in particular, I don't do it, but I'm starting to wonder whether I should, now. I've found that at least as far as happiness goes, I'm much more so on a fuller moon. Most of my conflicts with friends and my girl are near a waning moon or (the worst, on nights where the moon is almost completely unseen).

I think that I'll start putting more events around the full moon rather than randomly planning them.

Alpha, bipolar, great lover- in that order.

#2 2009-06-01 20:32:57

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Re: Planning Phases?

I have never planned anything around the moon, but I have noticed my best days are around the full moon. I think it would be interesting if you were to just keep a record of what happens in relation to the moon and see if in fact there is a correlation. Then you could see if there really is a pattern and if there is then you could potentially know when your bad days are going to be and your good days. Although, I would say if that were to occur you might say you'll have a bad day just because the prediction is there and then in fact create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

BTW, I'm Vindicator and it is a pleasure to meet you. big_smile

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#3 2009-06-01 20:39:19

Ace

Nice to meet you, too. Actually, though, I wasn't the one who noticed it. My girl brought it up after having to explain to her that I was bipolar. She just thought it was a coincidence, but now she's going to start helping me monitor, since I can't be bothered to remember any time or date. big_smile

#4 2009-06-01 20:58:57

Vindicator
Website

Sounds good, just keep an eye out for those psychological traps. big_smile

#5 2009-06-01 21:06:12

Ace

I've never been one to go for all those self sabotaging scenarios, but thanks for the heads up. Say, a quick question while I've found someone to respond. Exactly how active is the forum? I've only seen a few posters here and there, and it had me sort of curious.

#6 2009-06-01 21:09:29

Vindicator
Website

I find it not to be too active, usually only a few here on at a time. In the end though if you post someone will reply. It is actually fairly nice, you never get lost and conversations don't fly away from you. wink So what are your interests and such?

#7 2009-06-01 21:20:31

Ace

Eh... My girl and I have really already found an affinity to ourselves and certain animals, as well as our Therian feelings, so we're not so curious about them anymore. I think I'm just here to assure my sanity and figure out where others are in relation to the weirdness involved.

I'm trying to keep obscure for the sake of the younger folks, but... I can't help but wonder, y'know?

#8 2009-06-01 21:27:13

Vindicator
Website

Yeah, it is always a wonder. The biggest question we can ever ask. "Who Am I?" Well it sounds like your narrowing it down. wink And, yes sanity is always something that comes into question unfortuanatly I have already lost plenty of my marbles, oh look there goes one now. wink

#9 2009-06-01 23:35:11

The Busboy
Administrator

I've planned vacations around the full moon before.

#10 2009-06-02 02:19:42

Ace

Really? Do you notice any effects based off of it, or is it purely for pleasure?

Yeah, it is always a wonder. The biggest question we can ever ask. "Who Am I?" Well it sounds like your narrowing it down. And, yes sanity is always something that comes into question unfortuanatly I have already lost plenty of my marbles, oh look there goes one now.

Thank ya! I only hope I don't end up slipping up and saying too much, only to be bombarded with, "LOLYOUDIDWUT?!"

#11 2009-06-02 23:57:03

The Busboy
Administrator

Well, whenever I am having a vacation near the ocean, I like to plan it near the full moon, because the water reflects the moonlight and one time it looked like it was daylight at midnight, it was an awesome experience.

#12 2009-06-03 00:03:39

Ace

Oh, well that's for a different reason, but heck, a pretty damn good one. big_smile

#13 2009-06-25 06:35:13

Wolfy Snackrib

At times I found I have more energy around the fullmoon. Dunno how much of an effect it really has but I guess it's a bit.
Also I was born on the day when the moon is most hidden, when it's as dark as it gets.

♠ Hail the inner beast ♠

#14 2009-06-27 01:53:14

The_Magician

My boyfriend and I follow the same phases you're talking about.  A full moon or at least waxing can seriously change patience and stress levels.

Everything's magic.

Board footer