The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-25 20:57:51

Maltherion

Pewter miniatures!

Especially for the D&D geeks.. cool

I just ordered this one for my new character... Can't wait to paint it up.  I'll post a pic of the finished product if I do a good job. big_smile
http://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gall … 32_w_1.jpg

And some others...
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/lupine

I covet them all.

Can you hear it - the calling of of the moon?

#2 2009-06-25 22:00:54

Black Shuck
Website

Re: Pewter miniatures!

Those are cool. What edition of D&D do you play? I'm not really familiar with the 4th edition but my dad's got me into his group (mostly we just sit around and shoot the s**t, lol) and I have no idea what edition we're playing by. Needless to say, I barely have idea about what's actually going on, lol.

Anyways, my dad had a collection of miniatures he'd painted when I was younger. I wanted to paint some minis so bad, lol.

"Would you love a monsterman?
Could you understand beauty of the beast?
I would do it all for you, would you do it all,
Do it all for me?" -Lordi

#3 2009-06-26 02:13:50

Maltherion

Hehe.. You're playing, and that's what matters!  I'm in the midst of two 4E campaigns right now; my husband's running one and one of our members started the other recently.  I have an idea for a campaign myself, but as a DM I might be a bit on the too ruthless side, lol.
In the latter of those I was originally going to play a Tiefling warlock (or sorceress?  whatever.  I don't remember.  I prefer melee anyway) just so I could name her Palovana -- yes, of course, after the Korpiklaani song, but Inner Fire!  That just makes for an awesome name for such.

Eh.. Anyway.  I didn't get to, but it's just as well, since I pretty much HAD to change when this figure came along.  I can't dual-wield (my DEX is only 8!! -- but it made for a good back story smile), so I'm thinking of modding a shield onto one arm and removing a sword.  I'm quite afraid to, though!

Did you ever get to paint any?  It's great fun; I'd definitely recommend getting into it! big_smile

#4 2009-06-26 15:34:17

Black Shuck
Website

Nice! After we're done with my cousin's campaign we're moving on to my dad's. He's been working on for a while, lol.

I bet you could mod the mini. Just find like, a jeweler's saw, a really fine file, and some glue tongue My dad had one figure that he sawed the head off of (he painted it this super ugly metallic green lol so he decided to destroy it) and then glued the head on the base of a different mini and painted blood on the sword and blood coming from the head.

I never have gotten to paint a mini but I'm still looking into it wink

#5 2009-06-26 15:55:53

Maltherion

That's hilarious about the ugly figure.

Yeah, my dad used to make jewelry and stuff, so he has some of his old tiny tools and stuff around... SOMEWHERE.  It would be great if we could find those, but for the time I'm just making do with what I have.  I'd probably be better off just buying new ones when I can afford it. *shrug*

I'm not terribly great at painting them, but I can teach you the techniques I know when you begin! big_smile

#6 2009-06-26 15:58:07

Black Shuck
Website

Sweet! Thank you Mal! big_smile

#7 2009-06-26 16:25:49

Maltherion

Sure, it's my pleasure! big_smile
A good deal of it is just things I figure should be common sense, but should best be pointed out anyway.  Still, I'm always glad to pass on what I know.

#8 2009-06-26 16:56:23

The Busboy
Administrator

Yeah, those are cool, and they look awesome with nice paint jobs!

#9 2009-06-26 20:42:39

Black Shuck
Website

Y'know, even if it's common sense I think it's still nice to be told some things (as opposed to blowing those things off because it's common sense). I don't know, I guess it's like starting at the basics and sort of working up, so you have to start out with the common sense stuff otherwise there's not much of a foundation to build on. <_< Wow, that's like... really thinking too much into it... lol

Anyways! big_smile If I ever get my hands on some minis I'll be sure to let you know that I'm ready! big_smile Thanks again!

#10 2009-06-26 20:46:11

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Now those are interesting....... although I have never used any figures in the game, I would definitely get a few to put around my bookcase.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#11 2009-06-27 00:20:00

Maltherion

Hehe.. Not so much thinking too much into it as hitting the nail precisely on the head!

LoL, Vin, that's where my painted ones live when they're not in use.  Seems I'm eventually going to have them cluttered all over every area on which they can assemble.

#12 2009-06-27 10:47:10

Wandering Wolf

Heh my father was a huge D&D player and I have quite a few miniatures around my room, most being mechs though.  These minis you posted here would be worth it to buy and paint, theyre amazing lol.

#13 2009-06-27 11:04:54

Maltherion

Cool, Wandering Wolf!  Mechs and the like (not into Warhammer 40K, either) don't interest me as much, but I'm seen some really impressive figures and some GREAT paint jobs on them.

Board footer