The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#101 2011-06-25 20:39:12

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

Re: P-shifters

Yes, I can't wait to see Sherlawk's photoshop skills in action either!

#102 2011-06-26 02:13:51

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Don't worry guys, I'm seriously gonna post a real, legit video.  This isn't just some stupid joke, I've actually figured this out, and I'm gonna show it to you all as soon as I manage to get a video.  I'm close to mastering it, but right now it's still too sporadic for me to do that...

ShadowTrail wrote:

(who can eat trash and hug children at park)

I should try that....

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#103 2011-06-29 18:16:06

WolfVanZandt
Website

Aye, and I'm still waiting for the punch line.

#104 2011-07-01 13:21:29

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

*Punches VanZandt*
How's that!?

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#105 2011-07-04 23:43:08

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

here is a few key issues with shifting (1. our government) don't think for a second they wont wanna cut you up (2. religious radicals) do you really want to be chased around with pitchforks because they think your a demon or something (3. animal control)

im not even gonna go into the rest of the issues but lets just say you better learn how not to sleep while your at it and learn to become one hell of an escape artist, lets not forget you gotta become bullet proof also

now besides all that, i myself would take the risk, simply because, i would do what i think is the only smart thing for a (p-shifter) to do
Move to Africa, shift, and live out the rest of my life as a top predator as far away from civilization as possible and say gently caress you to this horrible inbred corporate landscape.

just a note, i think a raccoon form is safe.. make yourself a doggie door and watch out for that scary white truck lol

Last edited by shadowwolfx (2011-07-04 23:50:39)

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#106 2011-07-05 18:20:53

WolfVanZandt
Website

"Ouch"

Wait. Was that an Haiwaian Punch?

Funny, Shadow.....but how do you know that a Werewolf would be the top predator in Africa. I don't want to tangle with a lion, even if the aforesaid lion lost.

#107 2011-07-05 22:12:32

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

similar strength, much better dexterity and higher intelligence, may have a problem against a pack of lions tho.
not to mention i sad "a top predator" not "the top predator". a werewolf would probably have a problem with most aggressive pack animals, assuming he or she ran into the majority of the pack

Last edited by shadowwolfx (2011-07-05 22:15:06)

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#108 2011-07-06 17:35:17

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hmmm....maybe, maybe.....I'd still not tangle with a lion.....

#109 2011-07-07 15:27:13

walkingintheshadows
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I would say that sums it up pretty well.

If you read anything but fiction, the shifts involved with "Werewolves" after the 15th century were hallucinations involving mental illness, When they actually started studying those people, they ended up being reall sick puppies.

Before the 15th century all the shifts that were recorded and described wre astral shifts - shamanic practices in which the material body didn't change at all. If there were astral shifts, I will guarantee you there were mental shifts and phantom shifts. In other words, the ancient Werewolves functioned exactly like modern day Therians - no p-shifts.

Again, all historical, first-hand recorded shifts have been astral and mental. All recorded p-shifts have been hearsay - or am I wrong?

Did you change your opinion? Or are you saying that you are insane/halllucinating?

#110 2011-07-07 18:02:56

WolfVanZandt
Website

My opinion doesn't include p-shifting. I won't say it can't happen. I'm a Christian and fully believe in miracles. If God wants us to p-shift, He can make it happen. Otherwise, I don't see how or why it would take place.

The original Werewolves, as far as I can tell, were not insane and the people around them didn't consider them insane. The Renaissance Werewolves, it seems, were insane. I'm saying that modern Werewolves seem to be a continuation of the original Werewolves - but they didn't p-shift.

#111 2011-07-07 18:22:51

lupinealchemist

I find p-shifting to be very unlikely but strange things do happen, like the transgendered turkey. (at least I think that was real...)
So you can say I have a minor belief.

#112 2011-07-07 20:01:07

FreeAsMe

*takes out note pad* I'm learning so much!

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#113 2011-07-07 21:13:38

WolfMontana

Same here... about transgendered turkeys...

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#114 2011-07-08 01:34:18

FreeAsMe

yep, thats what its all about.

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#115 2011-07-08 08:22:51

SlushPuppy
Website

lupinealchemist wrote:

I find p-shifting to be very unlikely but strange things do happen, like the transgendered turkey. (at least I think that was real...)
So you can say I have a minor belief.

Goats can also be transgender-ed. A friend of ours has a female who believes she is a billy- beard and all. He now uses her to indicate when the other does are ready.

On Topic.
I find it difficult to believe p-shifting could happen. For some of the basic reasons that have been noted. Mainly the energy usage that cannot be replaced fast enough via our current digestive system, and I imagine the mitochondria would have to heat up immensely (even more energy) and that would risk damaging tissues such as the brain.

However, I find the bilocation theory and the astral projection theory interesting!

glowcat.deviantart.com
slushanator @ gmail.com
Cheap tattoos are not good; good tattoos are not cheap

#116 2011-07-15 09:04:51

walkingintheshadows
Website

Personally, I have no beliefs in miracles at all. I really wish p-shifting worked, and was possible, and i could do it at will, but for now, and quite possibly forever, i am just plain old human.

#117 2011-07-17 02:55:50

pierrotlunaire

SlushPuppy wrote:

On Topic.
I find it difficult to believe p-shifting could happen. For some of the basic reasons that have been noted. Mainly the energy usage that cannot be replaced fast enough via our current digestive system, and I imagine the mitochondria would have to heat up immensely (even more energy) and that would risk damaging tissues such as the brain.

I like this argument. Call me naive, but with the recent advances in technology and medicine, there can be a pill or a vaccination to those who really wanted the power to p-shift in the future that will prevent tissue damage etc. But for me, m-shifting would be the best thing, especially because half of my family believes in  Exorcist - style demonic possession.

Even if I do have a future in music, the wolf will never leave me, he will accompany me to the green room, the dressing room, and to the concert hall. If I don't have a future in music, he shall still be with me, as a bohemian, living in poverty and loving it.

#118 2011-07-18 14:49:16

walkingintheshadows
Website

Come on Sherlawk, I'm intrigued... surely it doesnt take this long to set up a video camera and record a shift? Promise we wont spread it round the internet tongue. Anyway, where i live, other preadators wouldnt be a problem if i shifted, there are no bears or coyotes in England, the scariest animal would be a badger or a fox... and the army land out the back would be such a good place to run. At night.... *fantasises*

Edit: Actually I just wanted to add something. I don't think I believe it's possible, but if you had found out a way to shift Sherlawk, I would actually probably end up begging you to tell me how smile I would love to run properly.

Side note, (lets just say i believe you for now) how do other similiar animals react to you in theriotype form? Do you think if you met another racoon type animal, you could be friends, or would they view you as an outsider, and treat you accordingly? What about wolves?

Last edited by walkingintheshadows (2011-07-19 14:02:22)

#119 2011-07-23 01:43:56

walkingintheshadows
Website

Actually, ever since you mentioned it Sherlawk, I have been doing some research, and I realised that there are a LOT of people out there who claim they can p-shift, at least partly. The school of shifting, the shifting database, and pretty much every pack website out there all claim that they can actually p-shift. Some have even done a pretty good job of explaining it scientifically too. hmm. I don't know.

#120 2011-07-28 03:29:44

pierrotlunaire

walkingintheshadows wrote:

Actually, ever since you mentioned it Sherlawk, I have been doing some research, and I realised that there are a LOT of people out there who claim they can p-shift, at least partly. The school of shifting, the shifting database, and pretty much every pack website out there all claim that they can actually p-shift. Some have even done a pretty good job of explaining it scientifically too. hmm. I don't know.

I doubt these people are for real. I know people who got sharper teeth/pointier ears/more adept on 4 legs than 2/etc... There is the possibility that these people may be trolls. What I'm saying is, be careful of people who say they can achieve a full p-shift.

Even if I do have a future in music, the wolf will never leave me, he will accompany me to the green room, the dressing room, and to the concert hall. If I don't have a future in music, he shall still be with me, as a bohemian, living in poverty and loving it.

#121 2011-08-03 18:03:20

WolfVanZandt
Website

People on the Internet say they can p-shift. The Weres I know in real life (and that's a considerable number) all deny that Weres can p-shift. It's very convenient on the Internet that no one can hold you to what you say.

#122 2011-08-09 02:38:05

walkingintheshadows
Website

But, from what I have read on the internet, It's very well documented, and most people's 'experiences' are similair. Stuff like the barrier, timing. There's one site which is very technical and well, I can't see how the author would get anything out of it, except a waste of time? In actual fact, would anybody care to look at the site? How believable do you think it is?

http://sites.google.com/site/razgrizrta/lessons1/srtp1

#123 2011-08-09 02:41:32

pierrotlunaire

Personally, I think someone had a little too much time on their hands. It's very well detailed, but we can only go so far.

#124 2011-08-09 07:05:10

walkingintheshadows
Website

pierrotlunaire wrote:

Personally, I think someone had a little too much time on their hands. It's very well detailed, but we can only go so far.

What do you mean by 'we can only go so far'?

#125 2011-08-09 12:08:26

pierrotlunaire

I meant that the laws of physics are whats holding us back from a "regular" p-shift.

Board footer