The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-13 17:07:19

Crimsonwolf

Vampyre's are they another type of therian

I know this seems weird but these past few days I've been wondering if vampyre's are actually therian's choosing to be a different species all together I mean the vampyre is essentailly a bat spirit in a human body so then wouldn't that make them therian's?

You want to know about me email me and ask

#2 2009-08-13 22:28:01

Illeana_NightRain
Website

Re: Vampyre's are they another type of therian

I don't think it would. From what the couple vamps I know have told me, vampire's being akin to bats is a common misconception. That isn't to say that some might not be connected to bats, just that it isn't something that has to be to be a vampire. that came from people assuming the vampire bat was actually a vampire in it's bat form. Vampires themselves are just another species all together. Just like the Fae. Some may be akin to animals, but it isn't a requirement to known as Fae.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#3 2009-08-14 00:17:02

WolfVanZandt
Website

They have completely different  empathic signatures, so, no, they're not the same. They may be related, though. The jury's out on that one.

#4 2009-08-22 13:26:53

Lone_Wolf

Illeana_NightRain wrote:

Vampires themselves are just another species all together. Just like the Fae. Some may be akin to animals, but it isn't a requirement to known as Fae.

What is a Fae?  Sorry, i'm new here and trying to learn.

#5 2009-08-22 15:24:35

WolfVanZandt
Website

Actually, the species is always homo sapiens. There may be something that makes us different but that wouldn't be a special (in relation to specie) difference.

Fae are related to faery. Again, I don't know what makes the Fae different but they have a different empathic signature and their behavior can be startlingly different sometime. They also share with Therians a natural connection with Dreamtime (the shamanic world.)

#6 2009-09-29 16:05:29

AwakenWolf

Dreamtime? More specific? Also what does the term otherkin cover? Fae? Sangs?

Irony isn't ironic ironically. Its ironic. Isn't it?
I just don't have the patience to deal with you anymore. GTFO. NOW!!

#7 2009-09-29 18:10:58

bdk336
Website

Just to warn you it will be very hard to separate real world stuff from fiction, fantasy and myths as you get into this. I can't say I'm an authority on this or anything but if you want to learn about this keep an open mind but make sure you can differentiate plausible ideas, totally fictitious ones and myths cultivated by misconceptions and the media.

Also don't hesitate to ask people about anything if you are unsure whether or not it might be true.

Last edited by bdk336 (2009-09-29 18:12:35)

#8 2009-09-29 18:52:12

AwakenWolf

Well, bdk whats your opinion(s) on therians , sangs and otherkin? smile
(innocent question)(not being snide or anything)
tongue

#9 2009-09-29 20:13:10

bdk336
Website

if you mean whether they exist or not then I have to say definitely for therians and that I'm not sure exactly what the other two are so the jury is still out.

#10 2009-09-29 20:30:00

AwakenWolf

Hmm okay thanx. Are u therian/A were?

#11 2009-09-29 23:50:01

WolfVanZandt
Website

Shamans travel in another "world". I call it Dreamtime. I personally believe that it's not technically another world but a perceptual overlay on this one. You've probably run into overlays in school with transparencies - when they project a transparency and then they place another one over the first to add information - the second transparency is called an overlay.

The problem with the Otherkin category is that it includes very literally anything that the imagination will allow - real or otherwise. It becomes a basket category for everything that isn't normal - and what's normal? Technically, it includes humans that feel that something about them isn't normal. In that case, then Therians certainly would be in that category. But the term is used so broadly as to be almost useless and grouping Therians in with other kin places them with some of the fluffiest granola in the known universe, so many Therians, myself included, are quite offended at the slightest suggestion that they might be considered "Otherkin". You will find some of the same attitude among many Vampires and Draconics.

Most of the Celestials (most but not all) are pure fluff. same for most Fae. And all the Griffons, Pegusi, Lethi, Lilliths and Kobals and so forth......I mean, come on........There are Otherkin that believe that they are Pokemon, fer cryin' out loud.

#12 2009-09-30 09:12:39

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Most of the Celestials (most but not all) are pure fluff. same for most Fae. And all the Griffons, Pegusi, Lethi, Lilliths and Kobals and so forth......I mean, come on........There are Otherkin that believe that they are Pokemon, fer cryin' out loud.

*Looks at his own avatar*
...I just like Pokemon OK? tongue

It does seem that there are a vast amount of beliefs, with some of them being very unusual to say the least. I myself am a bit thrown off by the claims of creatures from myths, stories and legends...that have never existed. However, I also realise that you can't dismiss how a person feels - If a person feels they have are a certain thing, or believe a certain way, then although we can disagree with it, we cannot prove it incorrect. smile Each to their own, right?

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#13 2009-09-30 17:30:07

AwakenWolf

Ok. Thanks I understand more now.

Absol? wink  Y? lol

#14 2009-09-30 23:44:22

WolfVanZandt
Website

You also should recognize that reading a persons comments on an Internet forum is a long way from knowing how they feel. And using any information you pick up off the Internet gratis (even from me) is very ill-advised. When people are dramatizing, emoting, enthusing, or effervescing, they may be feeling, but those feelings are not necessarily honest so I strongly suggest that you do look at what people are saying they're feeling critically.

In other words, yes - each to their own, as long as it stays their own. When it become public consumption, then I would say, no.

When I make a bold statement about Celestials, I'm not just saying, "That doesn't sound right to me and I don't believe it so you shouldn't either." If I believe something strong enough to make a solid statement of belief, I've gotten that belief through extended experience. I've dealt with both angels and demons and there are certain things that I've found to be invariably so and most of the Celestials I've dealt with are so far off the mark as to be humerous. From that point, you are free to take it or leave it.

#15 2009-10-01 01:55:16

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

why is it ive never met anybody thats a therian, celestial, vamp, ect sad o well, one day smile

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#16 2009-10-01 02:04:31

WolfVanZandt
Website

Actually, you probably have. They just didn't feel like disclosing.

#17 2009-10-01 08:11:18

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Actually, you probably have. They just didn't feel like disclosing.

I agree with WolfVanZandt,the way i found out that some of the people i know are therians iwas by asking.

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#18 2009-10-01 16:38:35

AwakenWolf

Hey anyone have a population %? Like 1/100 etcetc?

#19 2009-10-01 16:56:02

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

I saw that WVZ posted some rough estimates he came up with one time... I think it may have been at the beginning of his personal forum...

As for meeting therians, I agree that it's not exactly easy to just "run into" a therian and to instantly know it without knowing the person first. I mean, I oftentimes think about how many other therians there likely are at my university that I don't even know exist, because telling someone you're a therian isn't exactly the first thing you tell a stranger. I mean, I don't, so why should I expect anyone else to you know? I know this has been brought up a million times because I read it all the time here in the therianthropy section, but the best way to meet therians is to go somewhere like werelist, or to attend a howl. Personally I only have met one other therian (Vin), and it was great, but to be honest I was more concerned with meeting him because he was a friend of mine than because he was a therian. It's good to have bonds with other therians, but it shouldn't be sought after to the point that we feel incomplete if there isn't that connection.

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#20 2009-10-01 16:59:10

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Yeah, here we go. From his forum:

"There are over a thousand Weres in Alabama. If the proportion (about 0.03% of the population) is consistent across the U.S., and it seems to be, there are between 10,000 and 50,000 in the country and many more world wide."

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#21 2009-10-01 17:06:11

AwakenWolf

Ok thanks.
I think some I used to know was therian but she didn't know it, I don't think.

#22 2009-10-12 12:59:59

shinigami
Website

ok well for me heres how it works...

there are at least six races... lamia, draco, lycan/therian/vir lupus etc, and voltus amaveo... then you have your celestials... angels and demons.

each of these races has their basic instincts and traits and obviously a heirarchy which i have laid out very formally in a couple threads(on the website on my signature) and each have their own beliefs. they can come to us if they so choose but not everyone has one... it is possible to attain one through asking or rituals and you awaken to their side... aka weaking the veil between realms... you can speak with them clearly as i speak to another... and they help you...

i dont know about fae and i dont know how radicle i sound but my werewolf has advised me in many situations now and i account him amongst my closest friend. i would ask for no better ally or confidant. his presence is inspiring and encouraging... and to grow with others and their deities is a gift to anyone it may be granted too...

http://tiandiyuhui.ning.com/ a place for all those who walk our paths...
vampirefreaks-samuraillama
for the wounded man may say to his assailant, if i  live i shall kill you, if i die you are forgive, such is the way of honor...

#23 2009-10-12 14:47:55

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

demons? Do you know any Demons?

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#24 2009-10-14 15:24:25

shinigami
Website

i have met a few... sometimes they can be pleasant but you must be careful in your dealings with them they are tricksy...

http://tiandiyuhui.ning.com/ a place for all those who walk our paths...
vampirefreaks-samuraillama
for the wounded man may say to his assailant, if i  live i shall kill you, if i die you are forgive, such is the way of honor...

#25 2009-10-18 17:15:17

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Ashen> Demons are Otherkin, which is alot closer than vampires, who are closer to people who practice magic or energy work. (the relation only came out of terminology)  Demons are usually typical, nice people, just like vampires (though vampires tend to lie around alot and demons have more energy).  Demons could also refer to astral/energy beings, who are more lawless than "evil", if you're into all that...
shinigami> what ARE you talking about?  "Six races"?  "obviously a hierarchy"?  Sounds like someone's seen Underworld too many times or something.... O!o

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

Board footer