The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-14 14:04:10

The Busboy
Administrator

Approbation Comics

Bart A. Thompson is CEO and Editor in Chief of Approbation Comics and is the writer of the werewolf comic "Lethal Instinct".  Since Bart is the writer for the werewolf comic "Lethal Instinct, an upcoming werewolf mini-series in "Vampires Unlimited" and a forum member on the site, I wanted to create a forum topic just for his company where he can post about his current werewolf projects and other projects he is working on.  The Approbation Comics' website is at www.approbationcomics.com

#2 2005-08-14 22:25:12

AlexApprobation
Website

Re: Approbation Comics

Thanks!  Well since you've mentioned Vampires Unlimited I'll start off the thread with a list of the VU series and summaries of the stories contained:

Volume 1: The LAST RESORT- The six chapter story where we’re introduced to sisters Veronica "Ronnie" and Penny Briggs as we follow their adventures after running away from their physically, mentally, and sexually abusive household. 

Volume 2: The LAZARUS FACTOR- Veronica "Ronnie" Briggs is one of many runaways used in horrific and illegal experiments.  What is the secret to “the Lazarus Factor†and what will happen once its secrets are unlocked?

Volume 3: NIGHT DREAMS- Veronica "Ronnie" Briggs and Thomas Berrison try to rebuild new lives after being exposed to “the Lazarus Factorâ€.  The duo is reunited with old friends and after taking ownership of an abandoned church and warehouse they start a nightclub and a band.  But in the process they learn more about the supernatural than they bargained for.

Volume 4- The SHADES OF THINGS TO COME- Two Korean teens are caught between a massive turf war and the Night Dreams vampires are drawn into the battle.  During the violence they stumble upon a Neo Nazi plot.

Volume 5- WOLVES- A serial killing newlywed couple, bitten a year ago by werewolves come upon a mysterious artifact called a Blood Stone that enhances and furthers their change.  Looking for this important item are ancient vampires Sekhmet and Karacos (and also introducing their prodigy Night Moon, Nadia, and Bambijo) who come to enlist the aid of the Night Dreams vampires to find the stone before another ancient vampire named Quietus discovers it to use for his own evil purposes.

Volume 6- ETERNAL DARKNESS- With the activation of a Blood Gem, the vampire nation goes into a power frenzy.  A small group resurrects an ancient sorcerer vampire who uses her arcane abilities to plunge the city into darkness, and eventually the whole world to create a utopian planet for vampire kind with herself as the ruler!  Raven enlists the aid of the Night Dreams vampires to stop this madwoman, and Lothos tags along for the ride against zombies, ghosts, and shape-shifting vampires!

Volume 7- HUNTERS- A group of monster hunters have their sights set on Lothos and from chaos caused by young werewolves Shades is taken by them!  Shades has to prove his worth as he becomes a Hunter himself.  Loyalties are tested and romance begins within this series.

Volume 8- VIOLENCE- Rum faces the repercussions of his failed mission and the events that happened in his former unit these many years later.  D-Bone teams up with him as they discover a military secret with sinister ties to organized crime in the city

Volume 9- WAR- A savage pack of werewolves has succeeded in exterminating major vampire covens in the New York City area, and the Night Dreams vamps are next on their agenda!  Guardian now knows who the traitor is that he prophesized about almost a decade ago, and it weighs heavy on his heart.  Doll scrambles to find out who the traitor is, and try to stop them before they do the deed- but the mystery is hard to solve when they all have secrets and motives.

Volume 10- SERAGLIO DE LILLITH- Now homeless, our vampires take Karacos’ suggestion and seeks out the mysterious vampire known as Lillith… and they are surprised to discover that she runs a coven of over 200 members which is a mixture of humans, vampires, and werewolves who obey and love her all in the spirit of lust!  Will the Sci Vamps embrace this new lifestyle while there are three ancient vampires wreck havoc on the city?

Volume 11- The LONG HARD ROAD OUT OF HELL, Part 1- Together, stronger, and more united our vampires set out to follow up on leads that may or may not give clues to their origins.  Main stops: Kentucky, Louisiana, and Texas.

Volume 12- The LONG HARD ROAD OUT OF HELL, Part 2- The journey continues and comes to a startling conclusion.

B. Alex Thompson- Freelance Writer
Blood Shells & Roses, Amour, & Lethal Instinct for Arcana Studios
ChiSai, Chaos Campus, & Vampires Unlimited from Approbation Comics

#3 2005-08-15 09:53:53

The Busboy
Administrator

What are the months that these titles will be available?

#4 2005-08-19 02:54:03

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

What are the months that these titles will be available?

Currently it looks like October 2006... it sounds like a long time from now (a bit over a year) but it'll be worth the wait.

Plus once we start it'll be a fast moving train.  A few of the archs will be released as single comics but most will be released as full original graphic novels.  Our goal is to get 5 years of story out in 2 years.  So expect lots of books to drop all at once (roughly 2 to 4 complete books every 6 months).

Each book should have the above chart and the spines will be numbered so you can buy any one in any order and be fine or if you want to buy more and read in order later it will be easy to do.

October 2006 will start off with the complete Vampires Unlimited: Shades of Things to Come along with issue #1 of the monthly six issue Vampires Unlimited: Wolves arch.

Last edited by AlexApprobation (2005-08-19 02:58:55)

#5 2005-08-19 02:57:21

AlexApprobation
Website

I didn't mention these two points in this thread yet, but each volume mentioned above will either be a six issue mini series or a complete 224 page (more or less) graphic novel.

Also the character Guardian (one of the main characters) is a werewolf/vampire hybrid.

#6 2005-08-21 01:37:59

AlexApprobation
Website

Three preview books have gone to print:

Pandora's Box #0- A TN Comic & Horror show exclusive, only 150 copies will be made.  $5 each with perfect binding and a wraparound cover of Doll from Vampires Unlimited as "Pandora".  First looks at Vampires Unlimited: Wolves, ChiSai: Duality, and Chaos Campus!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/approbation/000PandorasBoxCoverSmaller.jpg

Copies of the special edition (and very limited) Pandora's Box #0 will be available August 23rd (6 weeks before the intended release... I like having comics early).

Chaos Campus Preview Book #1- Offering two short Chaos Campus stories ("Video Ho" and "Gothic Makeover") and pin ups from talented artists!  Sorority girl vs. zombies goodness!

ChiSai Special Edition Pin Up Book #1- The beautiful and deadly Shy Stevens drawn by talented artists!

I will update when copies of the Chaos Campus Preview #1 and the ChiSai Pin Up book #0 are ready for purchase!

Last edited by AlexApprobation (2005-08-21 14:43:44)

#7 2005-08-24 03:14:50

Rom

hey Bart ... a lot of infos about your books here wink.

#8 2005-08-24 03:20:42

Rom

for everybody to know. Bart is a friend and he is a great writer ... he worked in the dialogues of the first editions of this first arc of lethal instinct and he is my writer for the second arc of lethal instinct wink ... about his company, Approbation, he is producing a lot of comics right now, and he have very good comic books coming out ... be checking wink ...

Last edited by Rom (2005-08-24 03:21:13)

#9 2005-08-29 18:28:25

jesterpress
Website

Looks like Approbation has got things all lined up..man with a solid plan..the best thing you can do is produce comics quickly and deliver them on time...fans hate to wait and when you make them wait...they don't buy...so Oct 2006 will be here before you know it...and if they are to ship in October that means they'll be in Previews in August 06...so that's not that long at all

#10 2005-08-31 00:08:46

AlexApprobation
Website

Rom wrote:

for everybody to know. Bart is a friend and he is a great writer ... he worked in the dialogues of the first editions of this first arc of lethal instinct and he is my writer for the second arc of lethal instinct wink ... about his company, Approbation, he is producing a lot of comics right now, and he have very good comic books coming out ... be checking wink ...

Thank you for the kind words!  Rom has been a great friend and creator- It's hard remembering a time doing comics without him on my side.  And it has been a great honor working on Lethal Instinct with him- I can't wait to finish Lethal vol 2!!!

#11 2005-08-31 00:12:29

AlexApprobation
Website

jesterpress wrote:

Looks like Approbation has got things all lined up..man with a solid plan..the best thing you can do is produce comics quickly and deliver them on time...fans hate to wait and when you make them wait...they don't buy...so Oct 2006 will be here before you know it...and if they are to ship in October that means they'll be in Previews in August 06...so that's not that long at all

Thank you!  Yeah, we're trying.  smile  I did want to start off with something that would be a sure hit and for us that is Chaos Campus (which is scheduled for a April 2006 release).  But yeah, I know how I hate to wait for comics so hopefully we'll be able to release everything as quickly as we want.

To help with the wait we're currently working on a Vampires Unlimited Sourcebook that we expect to have ready this December (and a second issue of the Sourcebook around Feb 2006).

#12 2005-09-03 13:50:56

The Busboy
Administrator

AlexApprobation, how are your comic projects going, what's new?

#13 2005-09-08 06:44:18

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

AlexApprobation, how are your comic projects going, what's new?

A whole lot of behind the scenes work... preparing for the massive wave of books to come this month (Myriad #4, Chaos Campus Preview #1, ChiSai PinUps #0, Pandora's Box #0), Oct-Dec books of Myriad #5-6, Chaos Campus Preview #2, ChiSai PinUps #1/2, and MiKayla Preview #0.

I just finished the first 2.5 scripts of 4 for Lethal Instinct volume 2.

Blood, Shells, & Roses through Arcana is still in the works.

Working on a spin off Chaos Campus series for 2006.

Busy, busy, busy!  smile

Plus I'm moving to a new apartment near the end of the month and going to that TN convention early Oct.

#14 2005-09-08 09:10:48

The Busboy
Administrator

Wow, you are really, really busy!  I definitely want to pick up some of theos issues you mentioned.  Good luck with your move later this month, hope you're happy with your new place.  The next month is going to be crazy busy for me too.

#15 2005-12-21 02:00:13

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

Wow, you are really, really busy!  I definitely want to pick up some of theos issues you mentioned.  Good luck with your move later this month, hope you're happy with your new place.  The next month is going to be crazy busy for me too.

Oh, yeah... busy, busy, busy!!!  I'm starting to get into a good groove so hopefully you'll see me around here again more often.

Latest Plug:

http://www.comixpress.com/catalog/images/CCPRE01cvr.jpg

For those of you who missed getting a copy before you can now get a copy online!

Chaos Campus Special Preview Edition #1

P.S. A second Preview goes to print early January and a third one is in the works!  Jump on board now!!!

P.P.S. We are in pre-production for our indy Chaos Campus movie!  Our crew is in place and we start casting early Jan.  We hope to have the final product complete and ready to sell for the 2006 San Diego Con!

#16 2005-12-21 09:26:26

The Busboy
Administrator

Hi Bart!  Happy holidays!  Are you going to be at Wizard World 2006 in Chicago this summer?

#17 2005-12-21 15:14:21

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

Hi Bart!  Happy holidays!  Are you going to be at Wizard World 2006 in Chicago this summer?

Unless something super crazy comes up, more than likely I should be there!!!  (It's only a three hour drive and all)

Yup, main goals this year are SDCC and Wizard Chicago once again.

#18 2005-12-22 17:24:26

The Busboy
Administrator

Cool, it will be great to catch-up with you there, I also have to make sure I pick up all kinds of comics from you too (like any new issues of the "Vampires Unlimited" comic).

#19 2005-12-23 03:52:34

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

Cool, it will be great to catch-up with you there, I also have to make sure I pick up all kinds of comics from you too (like any new issues of the "Vampires Unlimited" comic).

Hopefully by then I'll at least have about 3 to 6 more Vampires Unlimited comics for you.  Already going to print early Jan:

VU: SOTTC #2 (Fan Appreciation Edition)
VU: Wolves #1 - The full first issue, only in b/w
VU Sourcebook #1- Explaining all the main characters

Here is a good list of all Approbation Titles currently out and upcoming very soon.

#20 2005-12-23 15:57:54

The Busboy
Administrator

Cool!  What can you tell us about the one titled "Wolves"?  Sounds very intriguing!

#21 2005-12-24 14:52:28

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

Cool!  What can you tell us about the one titled "Wolves"?  Sounds very intriguing!

Sure!  Werewolves play a very large part in the Vampires Unlimited universe.  Vampires and Werewolves are natural enemies- werewolves were created to protect humanity from creatures of evil, but throughout time they were corrupted and became the evil they were supposed to stop (not all, just in general).

Volume 5- WOLVES- A serial killing newlywed couple, bitten a year ago by werewolves come upon a mysterious artifact called a Blood Stone that enhances and furthers their change.  Looking for this important item are ancient vampires Sekhmet and Karacos (and also introducing their prodigy Night Moon, Nadia, and Bambijo) who come to enlist the aid of the Night Dreams vampires to find the stone before another ancient vampire named Quietus discovers it to use for his own evil purposes.

#22 2005-12-25 23:46:09

The Busboy
Administrator

Sounds sooooooooooooooooo awesome Bart!  I plan to get everyone of your "Vampires Unlimited" comics, as I really like that series a lot.

#23 2005-12-29 22:03:15

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

Sounds sooooooooooooooooo awesome Bart!  I plan to get everyone of your "Vampires Unlimited" comics, as I really like that series a lot.

Thank you!  I hope to do you proud!  But if you liked VU: SOTTC #1 you will LOOOOOVE the rest of the series.

Oh, and be sure to snag a copy of Comic Buyer's Guide #1614!  On page 43 there's a full page article on all things Approbation and even one of the covers to VU: Wolves!

That issue looks like this:
http://www.cbgxtra.com/portals/1/NtForums_Attach/11213054359.jpg

Last edited by AlexApprobation (2005-12-29 22:17:13)

#24 2005-12-30 10:04:40

The Busboy
Administrator

Happy new year Bart!  I think you need a new werewolf character based on that weird person you met at Wizard World last summer (ha, ha), he can be Osiris's side kick (ha, ha).

#25 2005-12-30 11:39:15

AlexApprobation
Website

The Busboy wrote:

Happy new year Bart!  I think you need a new werewolf character based on that weird person you met at Wizard World last summer (ha, ha), he can be Osiris's side kick (ha, ha).

Hehehe... we'll see how things go.  I can't say too much on future storylines... don't want to spill too much too soon.

You have a safe and happy New Year's, too!  Bring on 2006!!!!

Board footer