The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-15 13:37:22

Kat Garoux

werewolf romance books

as i was looking through the posts i realzied that there are alot of book list but suprisinly they didn't seem to have much romance.

im not usually one for romance books but i'v been looking for some recently
can anyone give me al list of werewolf  romance  books they enjoyed/ have heard about?

iv already got the Kitty Norville series & bitten, stolen & broken
i would prefer if both were werewolves i've seen enough of werewolf falls for human books (urgh!)
any sugestions will be greatly appreciated

thank you xxx

I'm starting a book > Blessed

....blessed with the gift of Lycanthropy

#2 2009-08-15 17:42:30

Daninsky
Website

Re: werewolf romance books

Blue Moon                    Handeland, Lori    St. Martin's Paperbacks    2004        Romantic
Hunter's Moon    Handeland, Lori    St. Martin's Paperbacks    2005        Romantic
Dark Moon                    Handeland, Lori    St. Martin's Paperbacks    2005        Romantic
Crescent Moon    Handeland, Lori    St. Martin's Paperbacks    2006        Romantic
Rising Moon    Handeland, Lori    St. Martin's Paperbacks    2007        Romantic
Midnight Moon    Handeland, Lori    St. Martin's Paperbacks    2006        Romantic
Hidden Moon    Handeland, Lori    St. Martin's Paperbacks    2007        Romantic
Thunder Moon    Handeland, Lori    St. Martin's Paperbacks    2008        Romantic
(Love those: sex, romance, werewolves...)

Edge of the Moon    York, Rebecca    Berkley    2003        Romantic
Killing Moon    York, Rebecca    Berkley    2003        Romantic
Witching Moon    York, Rebecca    Berkley    2003        Romantic
Crimson Moon    York, Rebecca    Berkley    2005        Romantic
Shadow of the Moon    York, Rebecca    Berkley    2006        Romantic
New Moon                    York, Rebecca    Berkley    2007        Romantic
Eternal Moon    York, Rebecca    Berkley    2009        Romantic
(Solid writing, although they do all read much the same, more of a mystery/detective romance with werewolves vibe)

The Better to Hold You    Sheckley, Alisa    DelRey    2009        Romantic
Moonburn                                    Sheckley, Alisa    DelRey    2009        Romantic
(Read only the first, she's far from being as talented as her father, heavy chick-lit influence here)

Cry Wolf                    Briggs, Patricia    Ace    2008    A&O    Horror
Hunting Ground    Briggs, Patricia    Ace    2009    A&O    Horror
(I can't stress enough how much I loved "Cry Wolf"!)

The Dream    Daniels, Zoe    Berkley    1995    N: YC1    Horror
The Hunt                    Daniels, Zoe    Berkley    1995    N: YC2    Horror
The Amulett    Daniels, Zoe    Berkley    1995    N: YC3    Horror
(The year of the cat trilogy, actually young readers books: Think "What if John Hughes had written Catpeople?")

Blood and Chocolate    Klause, Annette Curtis    Bantam    1999        Jugendbuch

Last edited by Daninsky (2009-08-16 07:03:18)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#3 2009-08-16 04:19:58

Kat Garoux

thank very much I'll check these out

xx

I'm starting a book > Blessed

....blessed with the gift of Lycanthropy

#4 2009-08-31 07:34:14

UNODRAGONE
Website

You may also want to check out Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series starting with Full Moon Rising, it has action, werewolves, vampires and lots of *coughs* other things smile

http://www.amazon.com/Full-Rising-Riley … amp;sr=8-2

"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist
within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to
break free from the abyss and move silently among us."

#5 2009-08-31 08:06:27

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

Cry Wolf is one of my favorites,i have read it three times now.

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#6 2009-09-23 20:36:36

KidWerewolf36

It's been ages since I've gotten on here. It's good to be back. I just happened to be at Wal-mart today adn saw a werewolf book but I FORGOT THE NAME! The cover has a brunette and she's on her knees and she has a standing wolf in her hand. Like she's petting the wolf. I turned to the back and it said it was a werewolf book.

Anyone know the name? I think she was dressed like a romance novel to, in those old dresses that are pulled down to the shoulders.

#7 2009-09-30 15:37:12

KidWerewolf36

it's called Hunting Ground or Grounds. Anyone read this?

#8 2009-10-01 10:38:26

Daninsky
Website

That's the follow up to "Cry Wolf" by Patricia Briggs.
It's great, I absolutley loved it!

If you are looking for romance, those (Cry Wolf & Hunting Ground) are the books to go for!
(oh, and they just so happen to be great werewolf novels, too) smile

#9 2009-10-01 12:30:30

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

I normally don' go for romantic junk, but this series by Karen Whiddon is simply fantastic! ^^
About a clan of werewolves that find their mates. Some find fellow wolves (which are awesome),
others find humans (though I only read one of those and one that was actually a healer).
I'm not good at summarizing, but they are good, and here's the link if you want to check them out: http://karenwhiddon.com/

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#10 2009-10-02 07:51:25

Daninsky
Website

I've seen Whiddon's books over at Amazon, I'm just not sure where this Nocturne imprint of Silhouette falls because a lot of the novels they have sound like belonging in the erotic corner to me?

Speaking of which, Suduvu offers Keri Arthur's Full Moon Rising for free download:
http://www.suvudu.com/freelibrary/
Judged on the one short I read by her she falls under firmly under Erotic lit, but to some that is a branch of Romance so there it is for those interested.

#11 2009-10-02 16:58:47

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

Oh, yeah... the naughty bits... also why I don't read much romance.
Forgot to warn you, if you do read these, they do get a little erotic, though if memory serves me right,
it wasn't that bad or detailed.

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#12 2009-10-11 16:43:02

KidWerewolf36

haha

#13 2009-10-26 15:21:44

KidWerewolf36

My town had a book festival and I saw a "Cry Wolf" for $2. I left it b/c I just can't get past it. It's kinda slow. (I'm at the part where the girl has to go back and calm the Alpha or Omega down and he's torn up his cage or something.

#14 2009-10-28 16:28:41

KidWerewolf36

yeah I can't get into this. And WHY IS EVERYONE LIKING CRY WOLF BUT THEY HATE THE FACT THAT TWILIGHT HAS WOLF WEREWOLVES. SO DOES CRY WOLF!!!!!

#15 2009-10-29 13:14:40

ArcLight
Website

I don't think they hate Twilight because it has wolf werewolves. I think they hate Twilight because it's a load of hooey.

Then again, not everyone likes Cry Wolf, either....

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#16 2009-10-30 12:45:56

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

ArcLight wrote:

I don't think they hate Twilight because it has wolf werewolves. I think they hate Twilight because it's a load of hooey.

Then again, not everyone likes Cry Wolf, either....

I've never heard of Cry Wolf... or at least read it (as far as I remember).
And the Twilight wolves are shifters, which are different than werewolves (and according to sources, it even states that in the book).
Though that misconception IS a reason why Twilight is so lame, the reason I hate it,
is simply for the reason you stated (course that's not the term I would've used).

#17 2009-10-30 13:21:31

Daninsky
Website

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

And the Twilight wolves are shifters, which are different than werewolves (and according to sources, it even states that in the book).

Yeah, but long as they can only shift into wolves the difference is so marginal that it mostly ain't worth considering.

Although, from what I gather some people got pissed at her wolves for using a hokey folktale as background and not staying true to it. Some people... *shakes head*

#18 2009-10-30 18:38:39

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

Daninsky wrote:

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

Yeah, but long as they can only shift into wolves the difference is so marginal that it mostly ain't worth considering.

Werewolf as we should all know means 'man' and wolf. A werewolf should have at least some human characteristics.
And the wolves being 6 foot tall while still on all fours seemed lame to me, even for a shifter.  hmm
They get points for trying and effects though...

#19 2009-10-31 08:41:09

Daninsky
Website

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

Werewolf as we should all know means 'man' and wolf. A werewolf should have at least some human characteristics.
And the wolves being 6 foot tall while still on all fours seemed lame to me, even for a shifter.  hmm
They get points for trying and effects though...

Ah sorry, but that ain't strictly true. Read up on some folktales, most werewolves used to be just humans that changed into wolf form.

#20 2009-10-31 16:39:10

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

That still doesn't make them a werewolf in my book. Just a shifter.

#21 2009-12-27 18:08:12

abidabi123

Lol! I like how you are all like "Thats not what a werewolf is like"
But everyone has there own opinion on what a werewolf should look like.
And so what if you dont like Stephanie Meyers ideas of werewolves.
Thats what she has interpreted them to be like and thats up to her. So dont say that shes crap! Cause thats what she wants her werewolves to look like!!

#22 2009-12-29 18:38:39

Wolfclawz5088

Anyone hear of Wolf Tales by Kate Douglas? It's a really cool romance, sexy series of books. Start with number 1 and see if you like it before continuing :3 just saying so because some people start with 2 or 3 in books for some reason.

We are all a little mad here.

#23 2010-01-18 01:50:22

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

abidabi123 wrote:

Lol! I like how you are all like "Thats not what a werewolf is like"
But everyone has there own opinion on what a werewolf should look like.
And so what if you dont like Stephanie Meyers ideas of werewolves.
Thats what she has interpreted them to be like and thats up to her. So dont say that shes crap! Cause thats what she wants her werewolves to look like!!

If I say I hate Stephanie Meyer, it's because she doesn't know a vampyre from a glitter pen.

#24 2010-01-18 08:17:54

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

@Roi: You're right, she doesn't. It's a series of books where she acts out her own fantasies of two supernatural boys falling completely in love with her. It's absurd teenage hormone-driven nonsense and her character development sucks. They're all about as bland as bland gets.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#25 2010-02-14 17:06:32

metalbeast

I Started Reading A Werewolf Romance Novel Once , And I Kind Of Gave Up On It After A Few Chapters , It Was Mostly A Family Drama With A Few Sex Scenes Written Into It

The Book Was Called THE WEREWOLF'S TOUCH By Cheri Scotch , And It Remains Unread On My Bookshelf To This Day , But Every Once In A While I Give Thought To Finishing It , I'm Not Sure If I Should

Board footer