The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-22 22:28:15

Lone_Wolf

Starting anew

Hello, first let me introduce myself.  I am new to the site, I am a mainstreamer to the best of my knowledge,  and I have always had a love for wolves smile.  But for the post:
   I have lived my whole life believing that there was more to it that just a dull life of a human, doing dull work and coming home to an uneventful life day after day until the end.  I have always been searching for a new, hidden world, full of magic and excitement, and just recently I found it.  I learned how fairies and vampires and werewolves truly exist, and for a while believe I would soon become a part of this world.  But today, I came to realize that I was rejected from it, and since I have been in a depression.  I simply cannot continue this dull life of a human, knowing that there is so much more out there.  I have looked deep within myself, seeing if I may be Theresan, but I didn't see a deep connection with a wolf or any animal.  All I found was emptiness (there may have been a small connection to a wolf, but nothing near strong enough to be anything more than a small liking to the creatures).   So my question is, is it possible to become a werewolf, or anything more than what I am now?

#2 2009-08-23 02:44:26

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Starting anew

Therianthropy isn't a deep connection with some kind on nonhuman animal. Many Therians don't feel such a connection. Therianthropy is simply the state of being a Therian. Philosophies can be constructed around therianthropy but it's not a philosophy. It's not magical. And all too often, people who find out about us quickly realize that we're boring. We're not particularly fanciful. We don't dramatize or romanticize ourselves nor is it realistic to do so from the outside.

We have a physical basis - just like all beings. We also have a spiritual basis - just like all beings. We are no more exciting or excited than Mainstreamers and one is no better than the other.

Anyone can be excited by life or bored. It's more a matter of attitude than anything else. My hobby is continued learning and I never loose the fascination nor will I because there's always new things to learn. The world doesn't come to me; I go out to the world. I sometimes (often) get stung but even that's part of the fascination. I'm often driven out of the areas in which I'm comfortable into new and dangerous places - in the mind as well as in nature.

The key to living well is to develop relationships with everything in your environment - in being aware of the life around you. Many people are so jaded no days that they can't be excited unless there's explosions in their ears and continuous explosions of color in their eyes. To be totally immersed in a waterfall or a stickbug, to be totally devoted to the life around you - that's the good life. Therians are tied to life by their nature; but Mainstreamers are never rejected by life except by their choice.

To live is to live intentionally. All else is mere existence.

#3 2009-08-23 09:35:03

Lone_Wolf

So I shouldn't try finding joy in life by changing myself, but by living the way I am and simply being devoted to everything I do? Ok, thanks WVZ. I'll try

#4 2009-08-23 13:56:36

WolfVanZandt
Website

There's different ways of changing yourself. If you want to be a doctor and it's within your reach, then go for it. That's not changing what you intrinsically are. But if you're trying to change what you intrinsically are, in the first place, you're not going to succeed, but even if you did, you would be making a mistake.

Personally, I believe that we're what we are for a reason. The human endeavor needs us as we are. If we don't live true to our essence then that gap will remain unfilled.

Anyway, people optimize themselves when they're strive to be the best at what they are.

#5 2009-08-24 00:04:24

WolfMontana

WolfVanZandt wrote:

To be totally immersed in a waterfall or a stickbug, to be totally devoted to the life around you - that's the good life.

smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

Board footer