The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-28 10:19:00

Saurian

Multiple shifts...

Does anyone have the problem of not having 1 set animal type but can change into several types of animals?

Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things. -Miyamoto Musashi

#2 2009-08-29 05:01:21

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Multiple shifts...

That's a problem?

#3 2009-08-29 16:14:45

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

I've never heard of it,but i think it would be possible.

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#4 2009-09-03 19:59:19

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

I have heard of it, and from some reading, know that it is something that is quite potential. Some Therians do claim that they can have various forms of shifts into more than just one set animal.
Me personally, I cannot. As I said to a friend "I am a wolf on the inside, I'm a wolf at the core, my essence is a wolf. Nothing more and nothing less.â€

As I say though, that is just me personally, I am aware that there is the concept of being able to have various shifts of more than just one animal, but I personally do find it a very hard concept to get my head around.

Although as WVZ said, I wouldn't see it as a problem. It's not a bad thing at all.

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#5 2009-09-08 10:15:32

Saurian

Well I don't see it as a problem either but I thought others might. I myself have a tiger, bear, and wolf form. Some have said that when I change I have also taken a badger as my form as well but I do not know for certain.

I am hoping that I might be able to find others like me with multiple shifts so that I may learn from them how to control which shift I go into when I want to. Right now it is random.

Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things. -Miyamoto Musashi

#6 2009-09-08 23:53:30

WolfVanZandt
Website

Polyweres are fairly common.

Actually, there's a growing school of thought that all Weres have all forms but that they settle on one (or a small group) of forms early and never really think to vary from those theriotypes. Yet shamanic Therians often take on forms different from their primary theriotype with little trouble.

#7 2009-09-18 11:47:08

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I'm skeptical about this, to be honest. It just seems like people who want to have their fingers in a lot of pies, showing off because they think they 'like' too many different animals to declare one theriotype. I, personally, really really like big cats, I think they're fantastic and I love drawing them, I love the way they move and everything about them. But as much as I like them, I can't feel them, because its just not what I feel on the inside. On the inside I feel all-wolf, and for that reason I can't see how people can have multiple theriotypes. To have a deep, intense, personal connection with an animal that is strong enough to be therianthropy surely can't be for 3 different animals, all from different species groups. It seems like indecision, or at worst an absence of therianthropy at all.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#8 2009-09-19 00:57:19

WolfVanZandt
Website

I think that's probably true on the Internet, Shady, but I'm talking about Real Life. Most of the idea that Therians are chameleons that can potentially shift into just about any form is coming from shamanic explorations of our inner nature.

#9 2009-09-28 13:18:15

Saurian

ShadyHowl wrote:

I'm skeptical about this, to be honest. It just seems like people who want to have their fingers in a lot of pies, showing off because they think they 'like' too many different animals to declare one theriotype. I, personally, really really like big cats, I think they're fantastic and I love drawing them, I love the way they move and everything about them. But as much as I like them, I can't feel them, because its just not what I feel on the inside. On the inside I feel all-wolf, and for that reason I can't see how people can have multiple theriotypes. To have a deep, intense, personal connection with an animal that is strong enough to be therianthropy surely can't be for 3 different animals, all from different species groups. It seems like indecision, or at worst an absence of therianthropy at all.

Well ShadyHowl, how do you explain me having multiple shifts? I am curious about your explanation to this. I am studying both necromancy and wicca. yes I know it is hard when your eating what you try to ressurect, but I have been able to accomplish a stronger force of will than my shifted forms. I am studying wicca to try to learn how to control which shift I turn into(it is really irritating going into a fight wanting to turn into a white tiger and getting a badger instead). What do you suggest I do about my situation?

#10 2009-09-28 14:39:12

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I don't suggest you 'do' anything, I wasn't aware there was a problem. I simply expressed the view that I don't think multiple shifts really encompasses the core of therianthropy, and explained why. To me, therianthropy is a deep and meaningful connection and feeling of being one particular animal rather than human. It does not encompass shifting into many different types of animals.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#11 2009-09-28 17:48:11

WolfVanZandt
Website

O.o

Saurian. To figure out why you're not getting the shift you intend, how are you trying to shift?

#12 2009-09-29 13:08:46

Saurian

ShadyHowl, I meant no disrespect or negativity in my statement, I simply wanted to know what you meant by your statement. WolfVanZandt, I usually shift with the first change that feels natural on account of I try to control when I shift not into what I shift. I guess you could say I am still getting the hang of shifting on account of I become very aggressive when I gain a new form. I know this sounds wierd and crazy but I do have multiple forms and continue to gain more. How do I at least slow down the process of gaining a new form? I would like to know because it seems like as soon as I gain control over myself, I am gaining a new form and have to start the whole process over again.

#13 2009-09-30 00:06:39

WolfVanZandt
Website

In Dreamtime, you control what you do by an exertion of will. But there are no "physical laws" there so you pretty much have to specify every detail that you want controlled. an analogy I often use for relationships applies here as well. If you want to grow peas in a garden, you cultivate peas. If you just plant the garden and let it grow on it's own, you shouldn't be too surprised when you get a lot more than you wanted. If you want a good relationship, you cultivate that relationship, or you'll get a lot of weeds. If you want to perform an act in Dreamtime, you cultivate that act. You don't leave things to chance because there's a lot more variety there than there is here and the weeds grow much larger and wilder. Some are maneaters......

#14 2009-09-30 05:54:36

bdk336
Website

And some are jems that won't spring up if you only cultivate peas. You just have to recognize that the man eaters aren't there to eat you, they're there to represent something that is going to eat you later.

#15 2009-09-30 17:46:46

AwakenWolf

Saurian wrote:

I am studying both necromancy and wicca. yes I know it is hard when your eating what you try to ressurect, but I have been able to accomplish a stronger force of will than my shifted forms.

Dude, stay away from necromancy.  Because well, its BADDD voodoo. Necromancy > Death > Afterlife> Demons etc.

Oh and I don't mean literally but If you get into that sort of thing be aware that there will be consequences if you keep trying.

Neway hope you take my advice smile big_smile

Irony isn't ironic ironically. Its ironic. Isn't it?
I just don't have the patience to deal with you anymore. GTFO. NOW!!

#16 2009-10-14 17:38:19

Saurian

I am very cautious of what I do with necromancy, but I thank you for the word anyways.

#17 2009-11-17 07:44:42

misundrstd2000

Saurian wrote:

Does anyone have the problem of not having 1 set animal type but can change into several types of animals?

Yes, I'm going through the same thing... I love that I am the way i am but it is really hard at times...it seems we are few and far between. sad
Is it possible...i'd say yes.
Can it get confusing...i'd say most definatly.
Is it a bad thing? I'd absolutly not, and hope that people with multiple theriotypes embrace it ^_^

Much <3

#18 2009-11-17 16:45:06

AxleSargos
El Lobo Loco

the term for it is poly-were i think

Is it true that the beast is waking
Stirring in his restless sleep tonight
In the pale moonlight

#19 2009-11-17 23:15:14

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I is a polywere.  I can also cameo-shift.  I think I might agree with VanZandt over there, it might just be a certain animal that we have a certain predisposition for. (not to say our favorite, I wasn't too interested in raccoons until I realized that was my theriotype)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

Board footer