are therians human?

Is it true that the beast is waking
Stirring in his restless sleep tonight
In the pale moonlight

#2 2009-09-04 18:45:07

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

Re: human after all?

I hope so! big_smile Otherwise my life has been a lie for the past 19 years! yikes

Being a therian myself, everything about me externally and biologically, as far as I'm aware, is human. smile
It's internal, inside feeling where I'm not. I'm a wolf inside, and thats how I am.
Although, there is no (or at least I haven't heard of any) non-human aspects to a therian biologically or physically. We're all physically human at the end of the day.

Hope that made some sense! smile

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#3 2009-09-04 19:53:52

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

I agree with Grem's sentiments. My biology is 100% Human it is that element that cannot be explained by biology, the element that some describe through religion or personal beliefs, or others through a dynamic combination of both. I am biologically human and in essence  wolf. It  is my deduction that Therian's of any therotype are biologically human.

I also don't believe we have met. Welcome to the Cafe! I hope this helps.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#4 2009-09-05 01:28:55

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah, or physiology is 100% human but there's some indications that it's not normal human. For instance, there's very good evidence that or immune systems are maddeningly hot - hot enough to attack us occasionally. Whereas fangs are not any m ore common with us than in the larger human population, shovel teeth seem to be much more prominent than in the human race as a whole. The phantom bodies may well have a physiological basis. The research that's done with clinical lycanthropes may well apply to us also in that case. We seem to process language differently, which would account for the high incidence of learning disabilities in our population and may partly account for our animal mentality given that the main differences between human and nonhuman minds are two thumbs and a verbal language.

I would say that the physical differences are subtle but they're almost certainhly there.

#5 2009-09-11 22:45:03

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

personally, i don't feel that i'm human, a doctor would say different but then ive never seen a doc while phantom shifted

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#6 2009-09-11 23:27:21

WolfVanZandt
Website

Special (in relations to species) distinctions are based on DNA. If you have human DNA then you're human. It's a simple as that - and I'd be willing to bet that you have human DNA.

Board footer