The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-04 22:04:38

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Hothead

Record Breaking story here - I was able to keep it under 500 words!
   Wowie! Zappo!

Enjoy.

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#2 2009-09-04 22:08:05

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Re: Hothead

Once again Marren arrived at the place his sister died and found their trail. He swiftly forged ahead, determined to avenge her murder, with night as his only ally. The wind soon told tales of burning wood. Marren paused and lifted his nose, taking in their scents. His ears swiveled, collecting sounds. There were four, and they all would pay.

Jarra was a cub, looking to her older brother for wisdom and protection, but often prey to her own curiosity. She padded off to explore, as usual, encouraged by the curious mind of youth. She was no threat. The tracks said she was running away when they spilled her blood. The pack denied Marren’s demands for justice. Ruun said her death would be mourned, but could never be avenged. Runn said they must protect the pack from such evil, not welcome it. Marren roared at the denial. Ruun was old. Ruun was a fool.

He peered with one eye from behind a tree. The larger two were distant. One was to the left, moving into the darkened forest. The other was on the far side, sitting with its back to Marren. The two smaller ones were alone near his position. To the left was a mound covered by the strange skins they used on their bodies. Sticking out from under the coverings was a tail with umber fur.

They did not feed upon her corpse, but carried it with them.

Marren growled in disgust.

The smaller two stopped and lifted their heads in response, but these creatures were not tuned to the forest like its native inhabitants. Suddenly one of them looked as if it was going to call out. Instinct declared now was the time. 

Marren charged at them. He bared ivory fangs, ready to tear flesh from the bones of the killers who carried her broken body with them. As he drew near Marren realized the two were no more than cubs, like Jarra. He saw their eyes wide with terror, and their mouths opened, filling the air with the call of fear.

He stopped.

Instantly Marren felt intense pain in his side, and fell to the ground. A crack as loud as thunder echoed across the forest. His side felt like it was ripped open by antlers, and it hurt to breathe.

The two large ones approached. They made strange sounds at each other, and one pointed to Jarra’s remains. It then pointed to the cubs, both spilling tears from their eyes. One of the large ones uncovered Jarra’s lifeless body and lifted it.

Marren tried desperately to move, but pain seared through his mind with every attempt. And then he was tired, so tired.

Jarra’s body fell to the ground directly in his sight. Marren heard the quickened steps of the beasts die away into the distance, leaving him alone with the body of his sister. Then Marren understood Ruun’s wisdom, for the death reaped by his sister was not avenged.

He merely repeated it.

The End.

Last edited by Grayle (2009-09-06 07:43:14)

#3 2009-09-04 22:15:24

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

*gasp*i like it

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#4 2009-09-08 23:46:39

Goldie

Wow. Oo.

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#5 2009-09-09 14:40:03

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Thanks guys.

Oh, I just noticed! I think this is the very first comment I've received from Goldie! That is so cool!

Anyway, I'm very glad you enjoyed it. Thank you.

#6 2009-09-09 15:02:20

Goldie

Grayle wrote:

Thanks guys.

Oh, I just noticed! I think this is the very first comment I've received from Goldie! That is so cool!

Anyway, I'm very glad you enjoyed it. Thank you.

Huh? you mean for this story? cuz I'm sure I've commented on some of your other works, too. smile

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#7 2009-09-11 14:09:59

WritingWulf

Very, very beautiful Grayle! You know how I love it when philosiphy is entertwined with writing and when something dramatic such as the inevitability of death is the thing to draw out that leason.

Board footer