The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-12-29 23:38:49

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Re: Holy crap! Real werewolf fangs!

I hope you're going to take good care of it, especially when it gets to be 5 feet long.  What's your long term plan?

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#27 2009-12-30 00:02:29

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Hahahahahaha, being in the same state as you Sherlawk, I can't help but jump in on this one... Whatever you do, just don't let it go! Hahahaha, gators don't stay small forever... and they certainly aren't the best pets when they get big... tongue

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#28 2009-12-30 02:10:53

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, you could send it to college....better start putting money away right now!

#29 2009-12-30 02:16:45

White Wolf
Website

The last thing this state needs is another gator... and maybe I'm talking about the animal...

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#30 2009-12-30 03:13:44

WolfVanZandt
Website

O.O

Oh, I'm sorry! You were talking about the reptile before?!??

#31 2009-12-30 14:19:54

White Wolf
Website

Hahahahahahahahaha, yeah, but I like your interpretation better. wink Hahahahahahaha, by the way WVZ, thank your state for me. wink That game was one of the most enjoyable moments I've had in a while. wink

#32 2009-12-30 16:17:21

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I actually despise football.
I was at school a couple weeks ago and someone told me the "Gators are losing" and I said "too bad, looks like they'll have to learn to read and get REAL JOBS now. XD

In any case, I'm really concerned about drkgryfur's "pet gator", as it's absolutely true that you can't keep them forever unless you have a plan.  You can't release a domesticated alligator (they won't fear humans), and you can't keep it from growing forever.  Even if you slow it down, they get really big by the time they're 15 or so, and they live for over 30 years, constantly getting longer.  I believe Superman is about 16 feet long and believed to be around 60, and it's very possible for a captive alligator to reach that.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#33 2009-12-30 17:03:56

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

well according to the person we got him from...he'll only grow 3 inches a year....as for when he gets too big we gonna give him to a local zoo....they except everything that comes there way...

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#34 2009-12-31 02:14:00

WolfVanZandt
Website

I'm also pretty apathetic when it comes to spectator sports. But I could probably guess within maybe three tries which game you're talking about - the people around me are most certainly not apathetic.

#35 2009-12-31 02:20:31

White Wolf
Website

Hahahahahaha, I'm not going to lie, I love sports, especially football. wink

As for guessing, I'd be willing to bet that you'd get it on the first.

Well I guess I'd better jump back to just reading these threads and not posting (as I do on werelist as well), as I don't want to derail the subject.

#36 2009-12-31 02:46:46

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Hey White Wolf: have we run into each other before?

drkgryfur wrote:

well according to the person we got him from...he'll only grow 3 inches a year....as for when he gets too big we gonna give him to a local zoo....they except everything that comes there way...

And you've worked this out by contacting the Zoo before hand?  What if things change?  What if they aren't around when you need them?  Zoos close and change policies.  You need a better plan.
What is the point of all this anyway?  Why did you want an alligator in the first place?  Why would you want to bond with an animal only to send it to a zoo when it gets too big?

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2009-12-31 02:47:29)

#37 2009-12-31 03:04:12

White Wolf
Website

In "real life" or online?

To be honest Sherlawk, I don't know... I'm obviously here a TON (looks at post count) but for the most part I just keep to the personal forums talking with a couple of my friends. I am a therian, and do actually read these threads out of curiosity/sometimes (a lot of times) amusement, but I don't usually post here because I figure that there's nothing really anyone could tell me about myself over the internet that I don't already know right? It's sort of similar with werelist. I check there almost every night, but have never posted anything.

So to be honest, I'm not sure... I'm sure at some point in time over the past seven months I've said... oh wait, yeah, now I remember, I think I asked you about your old avatar once a while back... Hahaha, yeah, that's right. It wasn't really much of a formal introduction though, so "Hey". wink

#38 2009-12-31 03:59:42

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I meant that I feel like I've seen you on another site or something...
What part of South Florida do you live in by the way?  Naples?  FtLauderdale?  Miami?  Homestead?  (Everglades City, with so many inappropriately racist things I could say about the specific people who live there? >:|)

EDIT: I just realized, I could make a "Dirty Monkeys" comment, and it wouldn't even be racist.  Why the hell would you name your tribe that? O!o

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2009-12-31 04:08:23)

#39 2009-12-31 13:32:59

White Wolf
Website

Hmmm... I don't know... To be honest this is really the only forum that I've ever been around... There are a few sports forums that I post in from time to time, but given your previous statements, I don't it's from there. Hmmm, I'll have to keep thinking about it...

Hahahaha, my location is actually a bit of a misnomer. I'm actually from Tallahassee. tongue (Hahahahaha, "Southern" Florida wink). You're from the Gold Coast right? I've actually got a lot of family from down there (both my parents were from the Miami area). I do know what you mean about Everglades City though...

#40 2009-12-31 15:17:12

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

SherlawkDragon wrote:

And you've worked this out by contacting the Zoo before hand?  What if things change?  What if they aren't around when you need them?  Zoos close and change policies.  You need a better plan.
What is the point of all this anyway?  Why did you want an alligator in the first place?  Why would you want to bond with an animal only to send it to a zoo when it gets too big?

plan B is pretty harsh to most poeple....if ya realy want to know i'll tell ya but i can alomnst garrenety it would lead to an argument.....

-as for why would i want one?....i ask why wouldnt i?....it's a cool animal, that i've always wanted to see up close and learn more about, what better way then to own a baby one?
-secondly i find it hard to "bond" with an animal that is unable to be tamed....you can not tame gators or teach them...they only know instincts and argession....the key is when they are bigger to keep them well fed...thus making them less-likely to want to do anything...

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective

#41 2010-01-01 02:54:09

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...and whennits 5 feet long and tries to bite you you kik it...rather simle.....i would preffer a wolf cub though

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#42 2010-01-01 11:13:19

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

lupusindefined wrote:

...and whennits 5 feet long and tries to bite you you kik it...rather simle.....i would preffer a wolf cub though

trust me im working on that...im soooooo close to gettin one big_smile

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective

#43 2010-01-02 10:10:06

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

You kick it? Nice moral high ground there lupus. That's not animal cruelty at all....

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#44 2010-01-02 13:53:38

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Alligators are nearly invincible, I doubt it will care if you kick it while it's eating you.
In any case, "because it's cool" is not a good reason to get a pet.  An alligator is a living creature with mental and emotional needs of its own, and to pick it up as a decoration is irresponsible.
Reevaluate yourself and get a better plan.

#45 2010-01-02 19:15:56

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

SherlawkDragon wrote:

Alligators are nearly invincible, I doubt it will care if you kick it while it's eating you.
In any case, "because it's cool" is not a good reason to get a pet.  An alligator is a living creature with mental and emotional needs of its own, and to pick it up as a decoration is irresponsible.
Reevaluate yourself and get a better plan.

"reevalution" is the term my old "brain smasher"(shrink) used to use....reguardless
its not a decoration, its a pet, it gets attenion, and love, and is taken care pretty well. further more whta does it matter to you what i do....

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective

#46 2010-01-03 08:03:26

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Yeah Sherlawk, don't use big words! They're very confusing! What about the rest of us with pet alligators? Personally I keep an alligator spare just in case someone annoys me. Then I can throw it in their face and say; "bow down to my overblown ego inflated by my pet alligator! he's sufficiently threatening that I don't have to solve my own low self esteem problems!"

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#47 2010-01-03 16:15:37

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

speak softly and always carry an aligator big_smile

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective

#48 2010-01-04 12:57:49

Siverwolf

Well back on topic.... you know I've heard that some people can alter their teeth through cosmetic surgery! 

Hmmm....Makes me wonder......... Does insurance pay for that???

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#49 2010-01-04 17:15:21

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Siverwolf wrote:

Well back on topic.... you know I've heard that some people can alter their teeth through cosmetic surgery! 
Hmmm....Makes me wonder......... Does insurance pay for that???

Yes, that's what Braces are.  Insurance usually pays for reconstructive surgery and such if a clear purpose can be shown, such as better tooth health.
I've actually been considering reconstructive surgery on my 'fangs', which have been ground down, to make them pointed and long again, as well as some replacement on chipped areas.

#50 2010-01-08 13:36:02

Cratys
Website

I have fangs and those "shovel teeth" WVZ mentioned. I have an idea, whay dont we start a "fangs" thread where everyone posts pics of their fangs, real of course. And if they're are those fake fang caps, well hey, we can show those off too. What do you guys think? I just might go snap some shots of my pointy canines with and without fake teeth and post em up for ya....*runs off*

Board footer