The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-29 19:48:56

AwakenWolf

Homework and how it makes me want to howl!!!

Any homework horror stories and how homework makes you angry and/or want to shift??!

Homework is so annoying!! >sad

Irony isn't ironic ironically. Its ironic. Isn't it?
I just don't have the patience to deal with you anymore. GTFO. NOW!!

#2 2009-09-30 00:01:37

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Homework and how it makes me want to howl!!!

You know, homework is a lot more fun when you don't have to do it. I have two minors in World Literature so I've had to read several anthologies included the dreaded Norton's, but after I graduated, I took a couple of years and went back and read the Norton's Anthology of World Literature and thoroughly enjoyed it.

And yes, call it my lupine curiosity if you want, but I do and always have enjoyed studying. I took 20 years to go through 10 years of college (the other 10 years was greatly varied work experiences) and even now (since I didn't go digital when they changed the TV format) my main nightly entertainment is college level lectures that I buy from an outfit called The Learning Company and OpenCourseWare I get off the Internet. A large chuck of my website is even dedicated to my "Excursions".

I love nature and that's, after all, what learning is all about.

Horror stories? Graduate school pretty much burned me out on formal college learning. I would go into each course with a syllabus saying, "How am I going to be able to do all this work?" and I would leave the course saying, "How in the world did I do all that work?"

#3 2009-09-30 04:48:49

AwakenWolf

Haha. Interesting! My homework is boring and easy. Like learning about the world in a go out there and experience it sort of way. Also love myths in the sense of truth they may or may not contain sort of way. I'm apparently intelligent for my age. Any weird interesting things you've come across in your life? I don't like homework because I HAVE to do it.

#4 2009-09-30 05:57:37

bdk336
Website

Not usually, but even though I'm not a therian I do sometimes feel like I want to become a dog just long enough to rip my work to shreds in the most brutal fashion possible (I've seen my dog at work), great stress relief if I could do it.

#5 2009-09-30 09:21:40

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

I find that any studying I need to do for university, and any essays I need to write to be more of a task than anything. I think what WVZ said in the fact that its so much more fun when you don't have to do it makes sense. I study Theology and Religious Studies, and in one of my modules last year, I had to read through a Hindu epic called The Ramayana. I found it to be quite a job when I had to read it in order to write an essay examining and alalysing it. However, after that...I ended up having a read of it, and enjoyed it so mucb more. big_smile

With homework and essay, I tend to look at them and think "How am I ever going to do that?" and me being rather silly, I'll leave them to the last day or so to do. I'll get the essay finished, and I seem to do a decent job of it, although I know I could do better. After seeing that I've passed, and to a decent extent...I'll be thinking "How the heck did I manage that?" Pretty much what WVZ said about his Graduate School. smile

Homework has never really worried me or anything...it's just a pain to do sometimes. big_smile Never wanted to shout, scream, growl or howl over it. smile

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#6 2009-09-30 11:34:40

bdk336
Website

I just hate the amount of time it takes out of a day that is already dominated by school, I can't wait till I get to college where they actually have humane expectations for attendance to classes.

#7 2009-09-30 16:48:25

AwakenWolf

bdk> I'd like to p-shift and destroy my homework lol. Homework wastes so much time and for me its only gonna get worse lol.

Grem> Cool lol. I do practically the same thing and people still consider my work above average grade yikes lol big_smile

#8 2009-09-30 17:40:08

bdk336
Website

I'm very good in school, I understand stuff hardly anyone else does in math and science and I produce writing of a quality above what most adults can do, plus I remember even insignificant pieces of information that I've learned and if I've read/learned/applied it more than once I can remember even minute details. And yet with all my academic advantages I still loathe having to do any sort of school work on my own time.

Last edited by bdk336 (2009-09-30 17:40:26)

#9 2009-09-30 18:01:29

AwakenWolf

Yep I'm exactly the almost ther same there. My writing is above average but not excellent and insignificant information not so much (unless its apsolutely useless trivia wink )

#10 2009-09-30 23:31:39

WolfVanZandt
Website

LOL

Awaken, I can see it now.

Teacher: Where's your home work
Awaken: Sorry. I ate it.....
Teacher: ?
Awaken: It was a full moon.

#11 2009-10-01 01:47:59

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

Xd

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#12 2009-10-01 11:49:01

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Homework stress? I have had buckets of that over the last two years or so. I think it must be that I take too many credits and it really isn't one class over another that stresses me out but all of them in combination. I find that I can handle research projects, even if they are stressful, as I find them to be quite informative. It is the little assignments that get to me though. I hate doing homework, for homework's sake, or in other words busy work. I have periodically had to drop things and go for a run just to weed out some frustration over the tediousness of the problems.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#13 2009-10-01 16:25:30

AwakenWolf

WVZ > big_smile LOL

Vin > THATS what I get to look forward to? Oh well, better have fun while I have the time!! big_smile

#14 2009-10-01 22:26:23

Vindicator
Website

Hahahahahahahahaha. It would seem college creates an inevitable spiral of homework. As the topic suggests, howling is such a great stress relief. My school even has a night during dead week were everyone howls. It is quite exciting. So not only Therians enjoy a good howl during the homework dump week before finals. wink

#15 2009-10-02 21:59:06

AwakenWolf

Lol I wish my school did that!

*WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HOOOOOOOOOOOOME WOOOOOOOOORK!!!!!!! *

#16 2009-10-03 17:28:56

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Trust me when I say, home work is a lot easier and better than real work in the real world. Real work blows.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#17 2009-10-03 18:49:51

AwakenWolf

Damn... Mums trying to get me to get a job. But I think I'll give her an ultimatum, broadband internet and steak at least TWICE a week (or juicy meat products)
and I'll get a job lol.
What you guys/girls think? tongue

#18 2009-10-03 19:09:59

AwakenWolf

WVZ I'm reading Beginning Psychology - A comprehensive introduction to psychology.
And I was wondering if you've come across any good interesting books on psychology or on any topics that are quite interesting?
tongue

#19 2009-10-04 00:36:19

WolfVanZandt
Website

O.o

Grph

That's pretty personal (not as in 'That's personal. I don't want to talk about it", but like, individualistic).

I have lots of favorites - 'The Games People Play" by Eric Berne, for instant, or anything by Erving Goffman. I leasn toward social psychology and brain physiology. What are you interested in? There's a lot out there.

#20 2009-10-04 00:55:09

Vindicator
Website

ShadyHowl wrote:

Trust me when I say, home work is a lot easier and better than real work in the real world. Real work blows.

Ah, I think I would differ there. I really enjoy the jobs that I have been able to procure in my field of study and I cannot wait to be done with school so I can start to work and by doing so give back to the community.

#21 2009-10-04 02:10:39

WolfVanZandt
Website

Indeed. I've enjoyed every job that I've had (except one that was short and they cheated me out of my last paycheck - it sorta soured the whole experience for me). I like variety, though, so it helps. The job I have now is my ideal job.

#22 2009-10-04 16:29:05

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I have lots of favorites - 'The Games People Play" by Eric Berne, for instant, or anything by Erving Goffman. I leasn toward social psychology and brain physiology. What are you interested in? There's a lot out there.

I LOVE 'Games People Play'. I once read a really interesting book called 'Life Scripts' too, but I can't remember the author sad

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#23 2009-10-04 17:50:06

AwakenWolf

Well I'm generally interested in Human activity and why people think/act like they do.
Conformation was a interesting part of the book.
I'll look up 'Games People Play' and Life Scripts too.
Thanks big_smile

#24 2009-10-04 18:11:35

bdk336
Website

human behavior is one of the most fascinating objects of study in the universe.

I've also enjoyed every real job I've had (by real job I don't mean working part time at the local drive in or similar, I'm talking actual full time work that involves more than just ringing up purchases and the like), of course I've only had one but it was great.

#25 2009-10-04 23:54:46

WolfVanZandt
Website

Board footer