The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-22 23:23:21

XxGhostlyWolfxX

Help with Shifting!

Ok Im new to this website and the fourms. I came here to hang out and talk to fellow people like me! I had a few questions about shifting. Hopefully I wont make a fool out of my self.

But anywase, something strange went on a few weeks ago, to be exact it was a full moon, I just stared up at it for about 3 hours. I dont know why! and weird stuff went on for the rest of the night, i basically had like the senses of a canine. It was strange. And It just occured to me about this a couple nights ago because I was researching about werewolves. Anywase I was doing some research and I found out about shifting! and I thought maybe that night i had a mental shift? I dunno. But After long hours of reasearch on how to do the shifts i tried them out again. I tried doing the physical one but it didnt work out that well, someone said on yahoo answers about concentrating on the wolf and a small part on your body i was concentrating on my hands and i just sat there concentrating for about 10 mins and then I noticed something really weird like i felt the fingers on my right hand start to rise and spread out and curve down (like a claw) and then pain wasnt that bad like people said it was gonna be bad.

But I need some help with shifts and what kind there are and how to do them. I wana expierence another M-shift! please help!

#2 2009-10-22 23:46:17

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

Re: Help with Shifting!

if you figure out how to p-shift, let me know big_smile

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#3 2009-10-23 14:49:41

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I'm tempted to leave the answer of "No."

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#4 2009-10-24 02:20:32

XxGhostlyWolfxX

SherlawkDragon wrote:

gently caress you.

#5 2009-10-24 04:59:52

AwakenWolf

Hey no fighting guys.

Hey Ghostly,
Come talk in my post   ' Shifting at Will "Wow That Feels Weird"
bout your m- shift and p- shift interests, ok? tongue

Irony isn't ironic ironically. Its ironic. Isn't it?
I just don't have the patience to deal with you anymore. GTFO. NOW!!

#6 2009-10-24 13:40:29

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I will add that there is something interesting about the full moon - it does have a tendency to provoke primal feelings in several people I know. It's pretty inexplicable but it's not unheard of.

What I want to know is if you've already successfully M-shifted, why exactly do you want anyone's help to do it again?

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#7 2009-10-27 15:19:22

WerewolfLeaAnn

good question, shady, dude, why? cant you do it agian on your own like the first time???

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#8 2009-10-27 15:32:42

Bandit.

XxGhostlyWolfxX wrote:

SherlawkDragon wrote:

gently caress you.

Because that attitude is really going to make people want to help you.

@Shady & LeaAnn:
     I think it was more "I think I mentally shifted and although I have no idea how I did it, I'd like to achieve this state again" as opposed to her knowing how she achieved it?  Otherwise I see no reason for her to ask, unless it's one of the ones who brag about p-shifting in weird ways.

#9 2009-10-27 21:06:29

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Fair enough, but still, surely by following the same steps she took last time, she could successfully m-shift again?

To be honest I don't know exactly how much any of us can help anyway. Shifting is a very individual thing and some people need to try different things to achieve the same results. Trial and error.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#10 2009-10-28 03:06:14

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

XxGhostlyWolfxX wrote:

SherlawkDragon wrote:

gently caress you.

Oh boy, someone knows how to respond to being trolled....
I suspect this person is quite insecure about themselves, seeing as this is the immediate response they give.  I could go on, but that first reply was probably pushing it for this place, so I'll just leave it at that and see if they have anything else to say. (if not, either they have left, or they have gained the emotional maturity to not freak out so quickly.)
In any case, a more (or less, depending on how you think of it) helpful response from me would be: for therians, Shifting comes naturally, and doesn't really need training.  There is really no official list of ways to shift and all that, so there's no way for us to know what methods you were using anyway unless you linked us your source, and even then, many therians would disagree on every word of it, because there is alot of disagreement within the community.  It is widely agreed that the full-moon thing is almost total myth.
Also, ShadyHowl is right: it's an individual thing, so we can't provide much more than advice.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#11 2009-12-29 23:29:39

Serris

XxGhostlyWolfxX wrote:

something strange went on a few weeks ago, to be exact it was a full moon, I just stared up at it for about 3 hours. I dont know why! and weird stuff went on for the rest of the night, i basically had like the senses of a canine. It was strange. And It just occured to me about this a couple nights ago because I was researching about werewolves. Anywase I was doing some research and I found out about shifting! and I thought maybe that night i had a mental shift? I dunno. But After long hours of reasearch on how to do the shifts i tried them out again. I tried doing the physical one but it didnt work out that well, someone said on yahoo answers about concentrating on the wolf and a small part on your body i was concentrating on my hands and i just sat there concentrating for about 10 mins and then I noticed something really weird like i felt the fingers on my right hand start to rise and spread out and curve down (like a claw) and then pain wasnt that bad like people said it was gonna be bad.please help!

That's almost exactly what happened to me! Have you tried meditating? That usually helps. (for me at least)

Last edited by Serris (2009-12-29 23:30:21)

#12 2009-12-29 23:41:42

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

While it's perfectly fine to revive dead topics, this person left the Cafe after I trolled them for their silliness and thus, the question is no longer looking for an answer.

#13 2009-12-30 02:13:45

WolfVanZandt
Website

Aye, and the point that so many people pair physical sifting with meditation is relevant. They're hypnotizing themselves into believing they're physically changing into an animal. That's not difficult to do.

Last edited by WolfVanZandt (2009-12-30 02:14:24)

#14 2010-01-09 22:32:00

Thira-Alpha
Website

woah. i am going 2 try that shifting technique!

-------------------------
Howling
Its a Hobby ^_^

Board footer