The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-14 01:57:31

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

Christian Therianthropy?!?!

So, I am slowly discovering that many therians say they are christian, someone explain this to me.

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#2 2009-11-14 02:05:28

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Christian Therianthropy?!?!

What's to explain?

Or, in other words, do you have a specific question?

I've done a good bit of study on the issue and I haven't been able to find and conflicts between the two.

#3 2009-11-14 02:09:02

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

I consider myself to be one as well, and like WVZ, I really haven't found any conflict with it.

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#4 2009-11-14 02:38:38

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

One of the oldest werewolf stories can be found in the bible. I find no conflict between the two beliefs. I was born as one being and I chose to believe in another, no conflict there.

There is sorrow enough in the natural way From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store, Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
from"The Power of the Dog" by Rudyard Kipling

#5 2009-11-14 03:13:43

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...what is the story in the bible about a werewolf?????? i REALY wanna have a look at it XD

by the way i AM a christian tongue

Last edited by lupusindefined (2009-11-14 03:14:14)

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#6 2009-11-14 04:09:37

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

I can't quote the verse but I believe it was Nebuchadnezzar  He was described in the bible as the most evil man to ever walk the earth. He was so evil that he lost his humanity and became an animal. Claws , fangs and everything. It's not my favorite view of a Were but I believe it is a very good description of one.

People who never read the bible have no idea what is in it. There is a description of a long metal tube that floated in the sky, when you read it you cant help but think of an airplane or maybe a UFO.

There are just too many incredible thing to describe here.

#7 2009-11-15 00:59:14

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

they also have dragns ect in there...i havent read all of the bible but i have a go at it every now and agian big_smile

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#8 2009-11-15 01:02:04

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

i think its cause lots of people are Christian, and so there is a dtronger liklihood that people who are therians would be Chritian. Just like if this site was in say, Japan, the therians are probably Buddist

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#9 2009-11-15 03:43:30

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...meh i realy dont care what religion other peolple are...of course i would preffer theirs to be the same as mine but meh these things happen

Lupus

#10 2009-11-16 13:06:54

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Yeah, it's really unimportant unless you're talking about an individual who makes it important (like VanZandt), but that's the way with most things.  There's a forum for really devout Christian therians, it's called Christian Therianthropy.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2009-11-16 13:08:07)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#11 2009-11-16 13:43:01

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

Because my faith is a personal matter between God and myself, I have no use for that link. It was interesting to read some of the posts and I thank you for it all the same. I just doubt that I will be joining that forum.

#12 2009-11-17 02:26:16

WolfVanZandt
Website

Nebuchadnezzar  was actually more of a Werecow.....if he was a Were-anything. What he had was a clinical disorder called (somewhat inappropriately) clinical lycanthropy. And even the Bible recognized that Neb had his good points, he just needed taking down a couple of notches. The Werewolves lived somewhat to the north in the area north of the Black Sea and, at that time, they were called the Neuri. They were never mentioned in the Bible but Andrew and Bartholemew were said to be the first evangelists to the Neuri. Later, the Werewolves in Europe were called the Dogs of God and Saint Peter's Wolves and they seem to have been part of a security system in the church. They were known to be some of the Christian shamans known as Benandante.

#13 2009-11-26 08:58:50

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

i find this very disturbing......

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#14 2009-11-30 12:58:17

bdk336
Website

Most old stories that refer to someone becoming an animal aren't truly were stories the way we think of them now (not to say they aren't related in many ways). They are stories of PERMANENT transformations that are usually physical interpretations/analogies for mental transformations. In this case allowing one's higher conscious (which essentially composes the difference between humans and animals) to be consumed by "base" desires.

But anyway my point is that the story isn't depicting weres at all.

Also as far as being a were/therian conflicting with Christianity, the bible itself does not hold anything against weres (and therians weren't even heard of until very recently). It was only when the church started demonizing those who challenged it's power that being a were adopted a widespread negative connotation.

#15 2009-11-30 17:10:04

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

shadowwolfx wrote:

i find this very disturbing......

What? O!o

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

Board footer