The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-14 17:15:31

kysen

A WereWolf?

yeah, so, I'm new, thought I'd ask a few Qs

Easiest ways to become a Were/Wolf (maybe just the wolf so I put the /)

Ever met one (and are realy sure they are)

Anyone here one (with actural pics of corse, none of that "none of my cameras work" stuff OK? Cause that means they are most likely lying)

WereWolf Types (I wanna know all the types, for diffrent personality, if that's the case)

Locations (just say countries, where there are stories)

Erges (well you know -.- but also meat and stuff, how strong is the erge, etc)

Controll (I know It's usserly diffrent per person, but since I still live with my family, I don't wanna be howling all the time)

Are WereWolfs realy demons? (very important, don't wanna get damned to hell!)

Human Changes (how does it change your personality, I'm not exactly, aggressive, acturly, I only am, when very angry, so would this cause me to go beserk? Also would my body change? like hair everywhere? Would I become muscular? Sorry, muscular thing is cause of all the WereWolf squeals at school -.- fan girls for full moon, atleast the movie will bring more WereWolfs into the media, such as animes) smile

I wanna try all these things out aswell, of corse, when I move out.

BTW, where I live, there is not realy any forests, nor many werewolf tails, lol pun.

#2 2009-11-14 19:42:08

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

Re: A WereWolf?

A.1) i dont realy know much about becoming a wolf...i cant p-shift yet (physical-shift)
A.2) yes i am positive that there are werewolves because i am one tongue
A.3) i dont have any pics...yet because i cant p-shift yet...i doubt that anyone else will because 1 they dont take pics of themselves or 2 they cant p-shift either (unfortunatly it is a rare thing to be able to do and it takes a fair bit to be able to do)
A.3) im not sure if there are different types of werewolves...there are ones who can phantom shift (it feels like there is fur growing out ect but its not visibly happening) there are spiritual shifers (those who can shift when in astral progection) i may be wrong with these so dont quote me on it...
A.4) we are all over the place but there are very few of us compared to most other races (whatever you want to call them)
A.5) the different erges that one can get may differ...(ill wait for a more experienced person to answer these because i am fairly young [in werewolf terms] compared to others)
A.6) it doesnt take much control...yuo just have to not want to do anything stupid...
A.7) ...no we are not demons we are simply people who are different to "normal" humans...just like vampires are different to "normal" people and slayers are different to "normal" people
A.8) ok you get the hair ect only when you p-shift when you are not in wolf form you should stay normal...no it wont cause you to go beserk nor aggressive in any way...exept when you "awaken" you may be a bit unstable

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#3 2009-11-14 19:46:58

kysen

Thanks, better get some answers from other people, it's best to ask more then one person, before you make the final judgement.

#4 2009-11-14 19:57:19

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

what are you trying to find out...if you are/ are not a were???

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#5 2009-11-14 20:23:41

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

A1: Were's have always been here, they have been found in cave paintings from the dawn of man. The Egyptians had a god with the head of a jackal, I believe he was called Ra. As far as I know, we are born this way. Some old stories claim that you can become a were through satanic rituals but I doubt that they are true

A2: Yes we exist

A3" Yes I am

A4: There is only one type of werewolf but there are many types of Were's. There are werecats, weretigers,werebears and so on.

A5: We are everywhere

A6: I am drawn away from mankind. I long for the places where man seldom visits, from forests to deserts but never for water. I avoid oceans and rivers.

A7:When you are human, you are human in every way and the same goes for your totem animal. If you are a wolf, you think and act as a wolf without any human thoughts or beliefs. you are 100% wolf.

A8: Were's are no more demonic than Grizzly bears and crocodiles.

A9: Your personality does not carry over to your animal Were. They are what they are with their own distinct personalities. Most people would say that a Great White shark is a vicious monster but they are only animals, not monsters. Your animal totem may seem like a monster to people but to other animals of the same species, they are no different from any other. Your human form is not any different from other human beings is it?

There is sorrow enough in the natural way From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store, Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
from"The Power of the Dog" by Rudyard Kipling

#6 2009-11-14 21:03:11

kysen

ty for more replying, however I notice you didn't answer the pic thing smile I can't realy beleive you then, I am just doing some research on Weres, I think it'd be best to ask some forum about them.

#7 2009-11-14 21:13:14

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

Ever seen a picture of a UFO?,Bigfoot or the lock Ness monster? Pictures would prove nothing, I've seen pictures of Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

There is sorrow enough in the natural way From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store, Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
from"The Power of the Dog" by Rudyard Kipling

#8 2009-11-15 00:42:53

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

Exanimis wrote:

A1: Were's have always been here, they have been found in cave paintings from the dawn of man. The Egyptians had a god with the head of a jackal, I believe he was called Ra. As far as I know, we are born this way. Some old stories claim that you can become a were through satanic rituals but I doubt that they are true

A3" Yes I am

A4: There is only one type of werewolf but there are many types of Were's. There are werecats, weretigers,werebears and so on.

A6: I am drawn away from mankind. I long for the places where man seldom visits, from forests to deserts but never for water. I avoid oceans and rivers.

A7:When you are human, you are human in every way and the same goes for your totem animal. If you are a wolf, you think and act as a wolf without any human thoughts or beliefs. you are 100% wolf.

A9: Your personality does not carry over to your animal Were. They are what they are with their own distinct personalities. Most people would say that a Great White shark is a vicious monster but they are only animals, not monsters. Your animal totem may seem like a monster to people but to other animals of the same species, they are no different from any other. Your human form is not any different from other human beings is it?

A.6 froma above is probably the way to go...
A.7.....does that mean thtat i am permanantly stuck between the forms?? tongue
A.9...thats probably why people get whiplash from my personality changes tongue ...and thats why people think that my personality contradicts me so much...tongue

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#9 2009-11-15 00:45:00

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

Exanimis wrote:

Ever seen a picture of a UFO?,Bigfoot or the lock Ness monster? Pictures would prove nothing, I've seen pictures of Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

true...people would probably think that it was photo-shoped...people seem to subconciously block it out and find some other explenation for these things sad

Lupus

#10 2009-11-15 08:18:18

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Guys, I think Kysen is actually looking for real werewolves, in the movie sense, not therians.

Kysen, actual p-shifting at the full moon werewolves are not the same as the people who have answered so far in this thread. What they are actually claiming to be are wolf-therians; people who know they are human but feel more like wolves on the inside. They make no claim to p-shift or to do any of the physical feats of movie werewolves, as these types of werewolves are either so rare as to be almost entirely unseen or non-existent. Sorry to bust the myth. Wolf-therians occasionally describe themselves as werewolves, either because they don't know the difference between the two, they honestly think they are werewolves, or because they think it seems cooler to describe themselves in this vein. Hope that clears a few things up.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#11 2009-11-15 11:01:11

Midnight-Vixen

Exanimis wrote:

A3" Yes I am

Honey, I don't mean to correct you, but the god that you're thinking of is Anubis, the god of the Dead. Ra was the god of the sun, the giver of life. Anubis was depicted as having the head of a jackal, but he also had the body of a man. He was the watcher of the dead, and when a person died and the body needed to be prepared for burial, the undertakers of that time went through a ritualistic process of preparing the body, and often times, the undertakers sent prayers of thanks to Anubis for granting them work and a trade. In addition to this, Anubis was also included in the Judgment of the deceased. At the Judgment, it is often thought that it was Anubis himself who weighed the heart of the deceased against that of a feather to determine if the deceased could live amongst the gods.

By the time you have finished reading this, you will realize that you have just wasted five seconds of your life. ^_^

#12 2009-11-18 00:38:48

Little Blackfoot

There is no easy way to become a were or a wolf. If you can find one of the incredbly rare and secretive weres and get yourself mauled, you still have to survive long enough for the lyc-v virus to take over your body and by all accounts that is ncredibly painful. And the virus is not magic, so the healing will waste your body and unless you find food fast, your new animal counterpart will take over and your first meal may psychologically traumatize you for the rest of your life if it happens to be human.

The "spiritual" weres actually project their soul into the body of a pre-existing animal. This takes many long years of spiritual training and perfect control over one's mind. The risks are obvious - stay too long in the animal and forget you are human and your human body will die of starvation/thirst or be put into a hospital when family/friends assume you are a vegetable. If you do die, who knows what happens. Who wants to find out?

Then there are the skin-walkers and the walkers. Both are rare, but the walkers are even more rare than p-shifting weres. There may not be any left. Walkers can shift into their animal form with little or no effort at any time, they are not controlled by lunar influences, and shifting is not painful. It is a rare genetic mutation that ran in indigenous bloodlines around the world, but most notably in Native Americans. My father's tribe has legends of walkers, but we know of none in the present day. Skin-walking is a spiritual, ritualistic technique of taking on the shape of any animal whose skin you possess. My mother's tribe is from northern New Mexico. She is a skin-walker. Skin-walking is incredibly difficult. the skin has to be perfect. No part of it can be lost - not a sliver of hide or one single hair. All the ingrediends My mom has only managed two perfect skins her whole life. A rabbit and a squirrel. the skin of a larger predator would be much much more difficult. She's been working on getting a perfect coyote skin for the past ten years. Then the spiritual ritual is difficult as well. It requires constant training that you are not likely to get - it is only passed down orally through blood-lines and is kept a secret, even from other family members. You will never get a skin-walker to admit they are one, even on pain of torture and death, so good luck. And you will never find my mother. Yay for the anonymity of the internet! Even though my mother is a skin-walker, I am not. Actually I chose not to follow that path. The transformations themselves are extremely painful and I don't want to spend my life trying to achieve them. Also, the transformations take energy, just like the lyc-v transformations, and I can't describe to you how miserable it is to watch your mother force herself into obesity to transform into a rabbit and wait sometimes a month for that rabbit to get fat enough to transform back. Then she was weak and bed-ridden for another month. I feel like I spent half my childhood caring for my mother in one form or another. I don't want to do that to my family.

Ever since I was a little girl, I have always loved the wolf. As a little girl I would stare in a mirror at my yellow-brown eyes and imagine I would transform under the next full moon. But I never did. When I turned forteen I went on a spiritual quest in the wilderness in Montana and found my spirit guide. She is a small, silvery white wolf with yellow eyes and a black right foot.

I guess in a way I could call myself a werewolf. My spirit guide is a part of me, in a manner of speaking, yet she is also completely separate. Sometimes I dream about her and in the dream we hunt. Those are the best dreams.

That answer any questions?

"Can you see me now?
I've got my arms spread wide open
Under your beautiful sky -"
Kan'Nal ~ Desert Flower

#13 2009-11-18 00:54:17

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

wow! so youve seen youre mother transform, Blackfoot? thats amazing!

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#14 2009-11-18 01:00:29

Little Blackfoot

lol. yes I've seen my mom transform into a squirrel and a rabbit.

I guess it depends on your viewpoint. It gave me nightmares the first time I saw it. It's not magic. It's something else. But it definately isn't pretty and it definately takes some time. Apparently the first time she tried she didn't quite make it and if her mother hadn't been there, she would have bled to death.

"Can you see me now?
Kan'Nal ~ Desert Flower

#15 2009-11-18 23:27:20

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...what can you tell me about the P-shifters??

Lupus

#16 2009-11-19 02:02:57

Little Blackfoot

I'm not sure that what you all talk about as "p-shifting" on this site is anything similar to what my mom does. She's a skin walker. It's a religous/spiritual ritualistic transformation using a literally perfect skin of the animal.

I think p-shifting is using your mind to physically alter your body. But I could be wrong. I know yogis and tibetan monks could use their mind to alter their bodies, but that usually took constant training from childhood. Not really my thing, so I don't have personal experience. I'm a big believer in not endorsing or talking about anything I don't have first-hand experience with.

Best of luck on your quest for p-shifting.

"Can you see me now?
Kan'Nal ~ Desert Flower

#17 2009-12-28 23:17:29

Bellaluna

Why is it every where I go people are "claiming" to be werewolves.

First... p-shifting would require your body to do a complete physical and chemical change. not only would this kill you but it is completely impossable. Even mixing a real wolves blood with your own could kill you. This pain would be so great that you would want to kill yourself.

second.. If there really was a world of werewolves that have been able to hide this long.. why would they be on some random web forum posting it for the world to see.

Third, im in no way telling anyone they arent what they claim to be. i'm simply stateing facts for people who are alittle less informed. most werewolf claims are mental and emotional spiritual connections to the animal. they may meditate and visualize running as a wolf.. but they are never physically transforming.

please.. keep the full moon, wolf man theorys in hollywood.

Wild At Heart

#18 2009-12-28 23:21:11

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

lol
i love wacthing poeple do this...big_smile

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#19 2009-12-28 23:25:54

Bellaluna

The day someone physiclly changes in front of me.. I will change my post

Wild At Heart

#20 2009-12-29 00:32:23

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah. It is sorta funny DarkGray.

But I will answer.

As for this website, Bellaluna, people claim to be werewolves for various reasons - one being that it's a fan site and people like to role play.

As far as "everywhere you go" - it may just be where you go. When I get away from the fandom and Therian websites, I hardly ever see anyone claiming to be a Werewolf.

Most actual Werewolves, on the other hand, don't claim to be able to turn into an animal. That's not what being a Werewolf is about.

I don't know about "spiritual connection to animals". That sounds sorta New Agey-granolaish to me and I'm rather allergic to granola.

Meditation - some do and some don't. It's a nice way to quieten your mind but I wouldn't recommend it for anything else.

#21 2009-12-29 19:14:31

DevonX

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Yeah. It is sorta funny DarkGray.
.....e able to turn into an animal. That's not what being a Werewolf is about.

I don't know about "spiritual connection to animals".

Not everyone is seeing it that way. But idd say thats a big part of what to be a werewolf is. I think what a werewolf realy is, is largely defined by the person himself.

#22 2009-12-29 23:47:07

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

DevonX wrote:

what a werewolf realy is, is largely defined by the person himself.

YES.  THIS IS EXACTLY IT.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#23 2009-12-30 02:07:03

WolfVanZandt
Website

So, what you're saying is that a Werewolf can be anything at all - because anybody might choose to define a Werewolf as a person who paints himself red. In that case, a Werewolf is someone who paints himself red.

#24 2009-12-30 16:28:35

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

What I'm saying is that life is what you make of it.
Wereism, real or fictional, is whatever you make of it.  Some might see it as a curse, others might see it as a gift.  Some might see is as a primal nature to be resisted, while others may see it as a way to get more in touch with the natural world.  Some see it as psychological and scientific, others see it as magical.  Being a were (real or fictional, again) can and will help you have a connection with the natural world, become a better martial artist, or give you an edge with magic, but only if that's how you choose to define it.  If you choose to see it as a burden to overcome then you go ahead and gain the experience of overcoming (or trying and failing to overcome) it.
It's all in the attitude.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#25 2009-12-31 02:07:11

WolfVanZandt
Website

I will agree with you on that and it's an important point.

Board footer