The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-03-12 23:03:44

Illeana_NightRain
Website

Re: A WereWolf?

I agree with the above posts that it really is what you make of it.

For me, it is an entirely spiritual thing. Many people are very connected to animals. And it can be any animal really. I'm one of those granola eating people (though I wouldn't call what I practice New Age. It's practices and beliefs that have been passed down through my family for hundreds of years now.) But I do love granola and all of that health food stuff. =^.^=

Anyway. Yeah. Okay, so. Basically what I believe (and most of the people I hang out with in the community I belong to) is that those who are aware (that is, aware of their spiritual selves) have an astral self. In other words, a form we take while in the Astral realm. Often times, we believe that this form can manifest itself in our physical selves as well. This doesn't mean being able to actually turn into an animal or something like that, but being tied to the animal. Usually this is a personality thing. My personality for instance is very much like a wolf's personality. So is my mates and many of my friends. We even have a sort of pack...that is, our social group functions like a wolf pack, even to the point of taking titles and all of that sort of stuff. It sounds weird to some, but it works to us. Gives us the support system and the family that most of us didn't have growing up. Another way this tends to manifest itself physically is through slight changes of the body. Nothing like turning into a wolf or growing claws or anything like that. It's really just through eye changes. When that side is closer to the surface, my eyes go from a dark brown to a very bright amber colour. My boyfriend's go from a forest type green to a really pretty ice blue-ish silvery colour. Sometimes we howl to each other and when we get angry, snarls and growls tend to escape too.

Now, for some people, it's that their spirit IS wolf (that is how it is for me.) For others it's that they share their bodies with a wolf spirit, meaning that they have both themselves and the wolf. Also, some people believe that it is possible for you to be the two legged wolf, often referred to as a werewolf or a Lycan. For that though, many believe that your Astral self has to be bitten by another Lycan where as the being just a wolf (be it that your spirit is or that you have a wolf spirit with you) is something you are born as. Your spirit just is or the spirit is just there.

Since it's an astral thing, there are no pictures.

I wouldn't say that they are demons. But then again, my beliefs have their own versions of demons.

As for if there are urges or something like that...as I said above, our personalities tend to be a lot like that of wolf. So take the temperament and all of that of a wolf, and you get us. It ranges depending on how dominant someone is. I personally am not very aggressive or violent or anything like that, but that's because I'm not a dominant. I'm more...submissive in a way, though I'm not a submissive wolf. I've been described as an Alpha-Omega. Someone who doesn't have the normal aggression of a dominant, but still all of the protective tendencies and the dominance. Also you've got the Alpha (being the leader. Protective, very dominant, and usually fairly aggressive), the Beta (who is the second. Still protective, dominant, and aggressive, but not as much as the alpha, and usually the one in charge if the alpha isn't present), and everything in between.

I hope this answers your questions.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#27 2010-03-14 06:04:14

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

...Is this a topic about Therianthropy that I missed?

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#28 2010-03-14 20:01:43

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...dunno i tend not to read the larger portions of text...i get lazy

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#29 2010-04-26 07:39:38

Moonlit Hunter

Illeana_NightRain wrote:

I personally am not very aggressive or violent or anything like that, but that's because I'm not a dominant. I'm more...submissive in a way, though I'm not a submissive wolf. I've been described as an Alpha-Omega. Someone who doesn't have the normal aggression of a dominant, but still all of the protective tendencies and the dominance.

This is ripped from Patricia Briggs's Mercy Thompson and Alpha and Omega series. The description is almost word-for-word how she describes her idea of an "Omega" werewolf. This does not appear in any werewolf lore or legend that I know of, nor does it appear in any other popular series with which I am familiar.

I'm not saying it's wrong to describe yourself this way, but I think it is only fair to give this author credit for her ideas. She has put a lot of thought into her world and into her werewolves, and her version of Omegas is somewhat unique. Personally, I love her view of Omegas. So please - if you are going to describe yourself in terms that someone else came up with, give her credit for her work.

#30 2010-05-10 15:59:08

Thira-Alpha
Website

SherlawkDragon wrote:

What I'm saying is that life is what you make of it.
Wereism, real or fictional, is whatever you make of it.  Some might see it as a curse, others might see it as a gift.  Some might see is as a primal nature to be resisted, while others may see it as a way to get more in touch with the natural world.  Some see it as psychological and scientific, others see it as magical.  Being a were (real or fictional, again) can and will help you have a connection with the natural world, become a better martial artist, or give you an edge with magic, but only if that's how you choose to define it.  If you choose to see it as a burden to overcome then you go ahead and gain the experience of overcoming (or trying and failing to overcome) it.
It's all in the attitude.

i agree. well said ;-D

-------------------------
Howling
Its a Hobby ^_^

#31 2010-05-11 17:23:23

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I'd rather you not revive dead topics to agree with me...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

Board footer