The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » The Full Moon
  •  » Does a "werewolf" turn on one night a month like they say or 3 nights?

#1 2009-11-15 18:17:23

WereWolfH

Does a "werewolf" turn on one night a month like they say or 3 nights?

Okay I'm confused, so does a moon become full only once a month or is it 3 times a month. So a werewolf turns those times? I need to watch Wolfman over. I"m confused someone explain.

thanks

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#2 2009-11-15 18:25:47

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

Re: Does a "werewolf" turn on one night a month like they say or 3 nights?

the moon is full only once a month...with the one except of a blue moon, the blue moon is a 2nd full moon in 1 month....i belive a blue moon happen once a year(but i could be wrong).....
belive it or not the next blue moon is gonna be Dec. 31st of this year.....biggest party night of the year and all the crazys are gonna be out tongue

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#3 2009-11-16 03:03:46

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...does that mean that i wont seem crazy when i go out that night?? tongue

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#4 2009-11-16 06:16:28

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

hahaha i think wee should be fine...it's the other half of the world that wories me tongue

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#5 2009-11-16 07:04:51

sheridan

Honestly, telling the difference between the full moon, and the moon on the night before and night after isn't an easy thing smile I mean they kinda look the same (97% full and 100% full.. come on) So instead of one night there are 3 nights.. in a way tongue

"When the moon is round and full
Gonna teach you tricks that'll blow your mongrel mind"

#6 2009-11-19 17:51:31

WereWolfH

okay i was just curious. I watched that Silver Bullet movie and it helped clarify everyone's answers. thanks

#7 2009-11-20 13:09:01

The Busboy
Administrator

The moon is technically only full for a split second, but it looks full for about 5 days (2 and 1/2 days before that second and 2 and a 1/2 days after that second).  Blue moons are very random (not always one a year).  The moon goes through all of it's phases in approximately 28 days.

#8 2009-11-20 22:34:39

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

cool i didnt know that...

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#9 2009-11-23 10:43:42

Niktoma
Advocatus Diaboli
Website

Funny story about the moon.  My youngest brother once told me that the moon was a 'waxed gibbon'.  His poetical, albeit bizzare metaphor impressed me until I realized he had meant to say 'waxing gibbous'.  I pointed this out, and we laughed and laughed.

Or at least I laughed and laughed.  He got a little miffed and wouldn't talk to me for a few hours.

'OK, how about werewolves?' said the voice eventually.
'What do they look like?' asked the kid.
'Ah, well, they look perfectly normal right up to the point where they grow all, like, hair and teeth and giant paws and leap through the window at you,' said the voice.

#10 2009-11-23 20:35:06

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

XD lolz

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#11 2009-11-23 22:02:30

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

Niktoma wrote:

Funny story about the moon.  My youngest brother once told me that the moon was a 'waxed gibbon'.  His poetical, albeit bizzare metaphor impressed me until I realized he had meant to say 'waxing gibbous'.  I pointed this out, and we laughed and laughed.

Or at least I laughed and laughed.  He got a little miffed and wouldn't talk to me for a few hours.

...i actualy  had to look up that for a second...i was wondering what the hell is a waxed gibbon...tongue

Lupus

#12 2009-11-24 15:08:32

WereWolfH

When we went over the moon in my science class I really really wanted to learn all about it, but dag it was confusing and long.

#13 2010-02-21 02:23:00

WereWolfH

Wait I'm confused again. I just watched American Werewolf in London and he turned day one full moon and then day 2 (for which the ending happened. If it didn't ahppen I wonder if he would have turned again for day 3?)

So do werewolves change once a month or once a month (3 days straight?)

confused again? I've heard both tales. OH and could someone if they know tell me their sources for a werewolf turning 3 consecutive nights when there's a full moon.

thanks

#14 2010-02-21 04:30:52

KCat

Depends on what the story wants and calls for. If the story needs for the character to change on one night, they'll only change on one night. if the story needs them to change more, they'll change more. In the case of AWIL, it really would've messed up the ending if he didn't change on the second night, so the story had him change on the second night. Some stories have werewolves changing every night, regardless of the moon phase (eg. Bad Moon).

Changing more often gives a better sense of urgency to a person's problem with lycanthropy, as it makes it more difficult to live in a normal social environment. Would be difficult to hold down a job if the person absolutely had to take 2 or 3 consecutive predetermined nights off, for instance. And if it's the murderous-rampage-type werewolf, the risk of them getting out and going on a killing spree in some town or city are greater the more often they change.

#15 2010-02-21 08:36:08

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

If the moon is only full for a split second and you wanted to be pedantic, then you have to wonder if technically a werewolf would only change for the tiniest tiniest second before turning back tongue

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#16 2010-02-23 21:00:49

WereWolfH

KCat wrote:

Depends on what the story wants and calls for. If the story needs for the character to change on one night, they'll only change on one night. if the story needs them to change more, they'll change more. In the case of AWIL, it really would've messed up the ending if he didn't change on the second night, so the story had him change on the second night. Some stories have werewolves changing every night, regardless of the moon phase (eg. Bad Moon).

Changing more often gives a better sense of urgency to a person's problem with lycanthropy, as it makes it more difficult to live in a normal social environment. Would be difficult to hold down a job if the person absolutely had to take 2 or 3 consecutive predetermined nights off, for instance. And if it's the murderous-rampage-type werewolf, the risk of them getting out and going on a killing spree in some town or city are greater the more often they change.

okay cool, I was sorta thinking this.

#17 2010-02-23 21:01:23

WereWolfH

ShadyHowl wrote:

If the moon is only full for a split second and you wanted to be pedantic, then you have to wonder if technically a werewolf would only change for the tiniest tiniest second before turning back tongue

this sorta happened in Van Helsing.

#18 2010-02-23 21:10:09

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...it did??...what part was that??

Lupus

#19 2010-02-24 10:22:12

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Oh yeah. When the clouds covered the full moon, he changed back. But I think in the context of the story that only happened because it was his first change.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#20 2010-02-24 22:17:38

WolfMontana

Don't think it was dependent on him being a 'young' werewolf. Her brother had been a werewolf for more than one night. I think they really decided that that it was a plausible way to go about things... %)

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#21 2010-06-23 11:15:03

WereWolfH

okay so what happened in the new Wolfman movie? It seemed he turned every night or was it each time he turned it was a new month?

• Index
  •  » The Full Moon
  •  » Does a "werewolf" turn on one night a month like they say or 3 nights?

Board footer