The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-22 05:41:24

vildrik

It runs in my blood

I just started to realise that I'm therian. I have been in denial about it my whole life really. I was traveling with a vampire and a couple of months ago and he saw it in me but I just thought he was full of shite. 

At first I was blaming him and thought he put a curse on me but I guess it's genetic?
I haven't made up my mind wether I should be proud or ashamed yet. I guess there is no cure? One part of me really wants to embrace my therian nature and the other one just wants to be like the humans. There is a fight going on there in my head.
Anyone knows anything about our roots?  I live in Sweden so I guess I'm a descendent from a norweigan viking clan. I even think I'm a descendent of a king because I got alot of royality in me.

I got heaps of questions..
Did you even transform yourself to wolf? Does it only happend on purpose?

edit

Last edited by vildrik (2009-11-22 08:30:39)

#2 2009-11-22 05:47:34

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

Re: It runs in my blood

....i have no idea what you are talking about.....could you please explain??

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#3 2009-11-22 09:11:54

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

It's ok. I was a therian-in-denial for a while, for fear that to admit I was one was to admit I was a bit insane. There's nothing shameful or prideful about it, it's important to realise that. Well, you can be a proud therian, but it won't add to your experience. It's like being proud of having blue eyes or black hair, you can certainly be proud but it won't add anything to your experience of having blue eyes or black hair. It's just the way you are. Which, it's important to realise, is ok. And there is no 'cure' because it isn't a disease. It's simply the way some people are. Likewise you cannot develop it by being 'cursed', it is something that is with you from birth.

I'm not sure if there is a genetic element to it, though I lean on the side of yes because I believe it's the result of having an unusually stimulated primal area of the brain, which means you relate to animal patterns of behaviour more so than human ones, resulting in a feeling of being more 'animal than human'. In turn, we each conjure up a mental 'theriotype', which is the animal we feel most like - a combination of our personalities overlaid on these more primal brain circuits.

Secondly, no offence dude but everyone in Europe is related to royalty. This is because there is a very, very tiny amount of genetic variation between European peoples, especially in areas of low population density - for example Britain, where I come from, has a crazy small level of genetic variation because in our millions we are descended from probably only a few thousand indigenous peoples and a few further invading tribes of about the same number. There's probably about as many genes separating me from the Queen as there is from a fourth cousin.

And asides from all that, therianthropy has nothing to do with being royal. People from all walks of life can experience it, sometimes even not being aware of what it is. And no, we do not 'transform ourselves to wolves', at least not in the physical world. It's better to not waste your life trying to do it physically because the odds of it actually happening are heaped up against.

Could you possibly share why you started to think you were a therian?

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#4 2009-11-22 13:28:45

WolfVanZandt
Website

I can't add much to what Shady said.

As to changing into an animal - I don't dismiss it altogether but I've never seen any evidence of it happening either in current life or in history. I don't believe it happens but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.

#5 2009-11-22 21:57:24

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

i have heard stories abo ut i t...i think that t hey might be true big_smile....although i havent seen anything personaly sad

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#6 2009-11-23 06:32:54

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Generally speaking, such stories are posted onto things like werewolf fan-sites or therianthropy forums by bored trolls, just to see who jumps on it and believes it. I've only read one or two accounts which I would describe as imaginative at best, barely bordering on the plausible.

#7 2009-11-23 18:07:42

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

although...there are also some people who try to get others to conform to their style of thinking and wont let anyone else find out for themselves...also it isnt just stories sometimes it might be personal accounts of meeting a werewolf...or that person actualy being a werewolf big_smile...hey shadyhowl?? big_smile

Lupus

#8 2009-11-23 19:55:18

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

ShadyHowl wrote:

Secondly, no offence dude but everyone in Europe is related to royalty. This is because there is a very, very tiny amount of genetic variation between European peoples, especially in areas of low population density - for example Britain, where I come from, has a crazy small level of genetic variation because in our millions we are descended from probably only a few thousand indigenous peoples and a few further invading tribes of about the same number. There's probably about as many genes separating me from the Queen as there is from a fourth cousin.

Yeah! Us Brits are royalty! big_smile
...or maybe not.

Although that is some information I didn't know. Thanks Shady! smile

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#9 2009-11-23 21:54:21

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

vildrik wrote:

I was traveling with a vampire and a couple of months ago and he saw it in me but I just thought he was full of shite.

Probably was, there's no way he could have known, "vampire" or not.

At first I was blaming him and thought he put a curse on me but I guess it's genetic?

No, your face is "genetic".

I haven't made up my mind wether I should be proud or ashamed yet. I guess there is no cure?

One part of me really wants to embrace my therian nature and the other one just wants to be like the humans.

You are human, therian or not.

There is a fight going on there in my head.

Listen to the side that says you're crazy.

Anyone knows anything about Roots?

Yeah, I liked the part where the white guy kept whipping him and saying "Your name is Tobi!" and he's like "Nooo!  it's Kunta Kente'!", plantations sure are run alot like Congress, massah gotta crack that whip sometimes. *Whapeesh!*
Kinda reminds me of this right now... N00b being a N00b, Sherlawk gotta crack that whip...

I live in Sweden so I guess I'm a descendent from a norweigan viking clan.

Cool story bro.

I even think I'm a descendent of a king because I got alot of royality in me.

Oh, so you have psychological-shortcomings and hemophilia from prolonged inbreeding with other royalty?  That must suck...

Did you even transform yourself to wolf?  Does it only happend on purpose?

Totally.  I P-Shift all day man.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#10 2009-11-23 22:47:34

Bandit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No but really please make up better stories.  We've heard generic shite like this before; I think we deserve a little variation.

Highlight for my most humble opinion smile

#11 2009-11-24 01:06:11

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

bandit thankyou for making yourself look like the 2nd biggest TOOL i have ever known big_smile....you should at least try to be nice about what you say

Lupus

#12 2009-11-24 06:43:23

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I'm assuming whatever he said was rather offensive then.

#13 2009-11-24 10:07:43

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

must have been...

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#14 2009-11-24 15:07:18

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

ShadyHowl wrote:

I'm assuming whatever he said was rather offensive then.

I felt I was more offensive.  But it wasn't exactly nice. :|

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#15 2009-11-26 05:50:58

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

But you're pretty much always offensive to n00bs, Sherlawk. It's why everyone has learned to tolerate you so well.

#16 2009-11-30 17:07:39

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

ShadyHowl wrote:

But you're pretty much always offensive to n00bs, Sherlawk. It's why everyone has learned to tolerate you so well.

True, perhaps I should start trolling the forum staff.... Who's the nearest Moderator?

Board footer