The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-14 20:26:50

wolfgirlnative

Mercy Thompson/Bad ass or just bad?

Just got the new Mercy Thompson graffic noval. I thought it was pretty good but please dont try to be nice and agree with me. I want to know what you really think.

PS  I apoligize 4 any spelling errors.

Last edited by wolfgirlnative (2009-12-14 20:34:00)

Patience is a song by Guns&Roses not a virtue.

#2 2009-12-15 12:26:35

WereWolfH

Re: Mercy Thompson/Bad ass or just bad?

I've never heard of this. Let me check it out and I'll get back to ya'

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#3 2009-12-15 12:31:10

WereWolfH

hmmm I'm probably gonna pass because I didn't like that other book from Patricia Briggs. Cry Wolf maybe it's called? I don't knwo.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#4 2009-12-15 16:43:25

ArcLight
Website

I liked the first couple of actual novels but I've seen nothing but bad reviews for the comics. Think I'll stick with the prose.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#5 2009-12-18 10:10:47

wolfgirlnative

I havent read her books yet and thought maybe the comic might be a good way to get a feel of the author. The art was pretty good but I feel that the overall comic was missing something...any ideas?

Patience is a song by Guns&Roses not a virtue.

#6 2009-12-18 12:04:55

Daninsky
Website

I read only the first issue of the comic, liked the art though it takes a little to get used to IMO, didn't like the new style I saw previews of for the last issues because the drawings looked flat to me, like the artist still needs some more experience.

The story itself I guess is hard to follow if you do not have the background of the novels to draw on.
Some of the characterizations surprised me, like Stefan whom I tend to imagine as this dated Venetian nobleman. *hah*

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#7 2010-01-01 14:53:44

Ultie

The comics are okay, I guess. They don't do the series justice because what really drives the books in Mercy's internal diolouge and commentary on everything. She's very witty and snarky, which I just love in a heroine.

The series is quite possibly one of my favorite groups of books. I don't know, something about them. Possibly because the world is extremely easy to connect to, and all the characters are believable.

Last edited by Ultie (2010-01-01 14:55:13)

#8 2010-01-07 23:50:53

Maggiedoodle19
Website

Never read the graphic novel yet. I just finished the Mercy Thompson series, and I really liked it because it's not all nonsense. It's not 'Twilight'-esq. You know? It's not romance garbage - yes granted, there's a bit of romance, but it's more of a subplot.

I'm currently on Patricia Briggs spin off to the Mercy Thompson series, the 'Alpha and Omega series' and so far it's pretty good.

~Maggie

#9 2010-11-29 15:43:48

christina_nixon
Website

I am currently reading Blood Bound after I've finished Moon Called. I loved the last one that's why I've decided to keep reading Mercy Thompson series...if I can say so...It kind of reminded me of "Bitten" a little. Anyway, I think it's very different and interesting to read a book about a main character who can change into something else then a werewolf.

#10 2011-02-28 22:26:08

Shadowpaw

I liked the comic and have read all the books in the series and am waiting for the next one I like it because I love werewolves and am native Cherokee and Klamath

#11 2011-03-02 01:22:54

Moonlit Hunter

I've read only the first edition of the comic, though I would love to get a volumn of the whole thing.

I've read all of her Mercy Thompson ones, except the new one that just came out today - I'm about half way through that one right now. I enjoy Mercy. I don't find the books deep or meaningful. I find them fun and easy. They are for light reading, in other words, which is currently my favorite kind of reading because I'm at a point right now where I read to relax - not think.

I have also read her Alpha and Omega stories so far, which I also enjoy. I find it interesting that the author can go from a character like Mercy to a character like Anna - absolutely NOTHING alike, those two. A lot of authors have trouble making diverse female characters.

Also, this author gifted me with a hand-made silver bullet. So I am forever going to support her work.

#12 2011-03-10 12:21:09

Kormiak
Return of the Bard

WereWolfH wrote:

hmmm I'm probably gonna pass because I didn't like that other book from Patricia Briggs. Cry Wolf maybe it's called? I don't knwo.

Mercy Thompson is really nothing like Cry Wolf......Though it takes place in the same world, it was more of a romance, Mercy Thompson is more along the lines of the Dresden Files, or Anita Blake.......

Ná coiléar ná Corónach!

#13 2011-04-07 15:22:19

RedMoonstruck

I've read all the way up to Bone Crossed of the actual books and am looking forward to reading more. I like comics, but I'm not sure if I would read these. These books just aren't the same when they translate them into pictures. At least, I don't typically agree with their vision, but then I'd actually have to read them for myself to form a full opinion. I enjoy the way Briggs writes anyway, so a comic almost seems superfluous.

Board footer