The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-16 11:16:29

Viergacht

True Blood

. . . is adding a "sexy werewolf" to the cast. More here: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_w … ss_kristin

#2 2009-12-16 11:51:41

WereWolfH

Re: True Blood

Three things: 1) He's cool, but isn't he too skinny a guy for the part? Alcide was a bigger muscular guy. 2) Please Please Please I hope they give him green contacts!!!!!!!!! 3) Thanks for posting (although I think there's a thread already for True Blood. Wow I should be a moderator!! smile

Thanks for calming my nerves about this b/c I thought werewolves were supposed to be in Season 2. Yes they were matter of fact. Or was she a shapeshifter of some sort?

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#3 2010-01-10 16:56:02

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Ah, I haven't even finished seeing season 1 yet, so I won't look at this, but I must say that TrueBlood is AWESOME.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#4 2010-01-11 23:05:07

WereWolfH

in some ways I envy you b/c Season 1 is great. Season 2 is kind of a yawn. Crossing my fingers for season 3.

#5 2010-01-19 09:25:45

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

He looks like he'll play a good Alcide. Doesn't look skinny to me (referring to WereWolfH's comment). Too bad his character went to crap in the books.
Course I'm kinda behind on reading them...
I don't know if they should call the wolves in True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse series 'werewolves'... from what I've read in the books,
they're basically just shifters limited to one animal. But that's what I think. Others have their opinions on that.

I was a little worried they'd screw everything up when I heard they were making the Sookie Stackhouse series into a show,
but I must say, season one didn't disappoint! All the characters looked great and where very accurate! big_smile

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#6 2010-01-19 23:20:00

WereWolfH

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

He looks like he'll play a good Alcide. Doesn't look skinny to me (referring to WereWolfH's comment). Too bad his character went to crap in the books.
Course I'm kinda behind on reading them...
I don't know if they should call the wolves in True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse series 'werewolves'... from what I've read in the books,
they're basically just shifters limited to one animal. But that's what I think. Others have their opinions on that.

I was a little worried they'd screw everything up when I heard they were making the Sookie Stackhouse series into a show,
but I must say, season one didn't disappoint! All the characters looked great and where very accurate! big_smile

My interpretation of him was moreso looking like The Rock (Dwayne Johnson or whatever his name is) Orrrrrr the guy from Euphoria? (sci fi show) that was the vampire on season 2 at the last episodes. He was one of the posse that was trying to find Eric's master. From my recollection his face resembles Peter Facinelli a little.

#7 2010-01-19 23:30:33

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

... 'The Rock'? Did you really get that outta reading the books? Not dissin' or anythin', but I didn't get that at ALL.
The guy they picked lacks the right hair and eyes I think, but other than that, he's a dead ringer in my mind.
Course neither of us are right until we see him in character (and even then it's still matter of opinion).

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#8 2010-01-21 21:53:19

WereWolfH

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

... 'The Rock'? Did you really get that outta reading the books? Not dissin' or anythin', but I didn't get that at ALL.
The guy they picked lacks the right hair and eyes I think, but other than that, he's a dead ringer in my mind.
Course neither of us are right until we see him in character (and even then it's still matter of opinion).

nah they said in the book Alicide was really built with big arms and such. Green eyes and black hair. Yeah, maybe a bigger younger version of that guy on True Blood Season 2. I think he wore the cowboy shirts.

#9 2010-01-23 18:32:13

WerewolfImmortal

Has anyone tried that true blood drink? This is a cool show I started watching it this summer at my friend's house. The vampires are cool.

#10 2010-05-13 10:08:25

Viergacht

New poster, lame pun.

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/8/2010/05/full.jpg

#11 2010-05-13 22:48:30

WereWolfH

Viergacht wrote:

New poster, lame pun.

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets … 5/full.jpg

haha you beat me to the punch. Yeah this is 1 of 13 posters they're releasing to promote Season 3 of True Blood.

Also I jusssstttt saw the trailer for season 3 that came on during VAmpire Diaries. I UNDERSTAND (don't like it but I understand) why they are using a wolf instead of a bipedal or American W In L type of werewolf. It's cool that they made it sorta CGish (I think I'm confusing and mixing this with Vampire Diaries right now) It'll probably be online by now. Also not sure if the webisodes are new or not. Can someone clarify? They showed Alcide who's won me over based on the few clips.

Last edited by WereWolfH (2010-05-13 22:59:13)

#12 2010-05-13 23:20:13

Viergacht

WereWolfH wrote:

Viergacht wrote:

New poster, lame pun.

haha you beat me to the punch. Yeah this is 1 of 13 posters they're releasing to promote Season 3 of True Blood.

Also I jusssstttt saw the trailer for season 3 that came on during VAmpire Diaries. I UNDERSTAND (don't like it but I understand) why they are using a wolf instead of a bipedal or American W In L type of werewolf. It's cool that they made it sorta CGish (I think I'm confusing and mixing this with Vampire Diaries right now) It'll probably be online by now. Also not sure if the webisodes are new or not. Can someone clarify? They showed Alcide who's won me over based on the few clips.

Awwww, plain old wolf? How boring. Interest, lost.

#13 2010-05-14 00:05:50

MarkOne
Website

WereWolfH wrote:

Viergacht wrote:

New poster, lame pun.

Totally agree about the poster.

I don't like why they're going that route as well. Sounds like they're going the same route they have with Sam on the show.

And as for the webisodes they're showing on HBO, they're new.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#14 2010-05-17 22:03:13

WereWolfH

MY BAD I didn't think the poster was lame. I acutally liked it. It reminded me of 80s movie posters and such. I was reminded of the Stephen King Werewolf calendar/book thing.

#15 2010-05-20 00:22:45

alexrock23

I have just started the books so I really don't know what to expect. I want Bill to come back, I love Bill and Sookie together, don't know why people want Sookie and Eric together And no annoying characters. Michelle Forbes is one of the best actresses out there and in front of her the rest of the cast paled in comparison. She is awesome.

#16 2010-05-21 19:57:41

WereWolfH

alexrock23 wrote:

I have just started the books so I really don't know what to expect. I want Bill to come back, I love Bill and Sookie together, don't know why people want Sookie and Eric together And no annoying characters. Michelle Forbes is one of the best actresses out there and in front of her the rest of the cast paled in comparison. She is awesome.

hmmmm me thinks you read they synopsis already.

#17 2010-05-23 16:32:38

KidWerewolf36

Viergacht wrote:

New poster, lame pun.

I'd like to see a real version and not a painting.

#18 2010-05-25 19:07:37

Garouda
Do You Believe In Magic?

Actually, I rather like my werewolves to go ALL the way and to BE wolves.

Deformed gorillas with prognathous jaws just annoy me.

The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure

#19 2010-05-25 20:43:46

WereWolfH

Garouda wrote:

Actually, I rather like my werewolves to go ALL the way and to BE wolves.

Deformed gorillas with prognathous jaws just annoy me.

Really? sad   Come on AMIL back in the day was the business. Thriller is still the business. (have you seen the mask/lifesize replica? SCARY!!) And I like Marcus? from Underworld 2 (original werewolf, the white one. Marcus might be the vampire I forget)

oh yeah, Being Human. You should check that out (okay it's still dated, but I'll take it. B+ only b/c technology hasn't advanced since American Werewolf in London it seems)

Okay I FINALLY saw the first 3 minisodes. I'm pissed at how they're making Tara off to be dumb. (hated that Sookie vs. Tara). I liked jessica's the best so far. That was FUNNY!!!. The dancer tryouts was hmmmm, I'm surprised Eric didn't like the black dancer. She was good!!!!!!!!! They should have had a Selma type though.
Can't wait for the next few.

Hey when does this come on again? I'm getting all these release dates mixed up. June 3rd?

Last edited by WereWolfH (2010-05-25 20:49:32)

#20 2010-05-25 21:00:01

WereWolfH

Supercool promo about the werewolves in True Blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H-cXjh0SOk

I got chills, but really, ah did they take the easy way out?

#21 2010-05-26 09:44:05

zockereinstein

WereWolfH wrote:

Supercool promo about the werewolves in True Blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H-cXjh0SOk

I got chills, but really, ah did they take the easy way out?

Ooh, what a cute puppy! I really like wolves, even when they are depicted showing the fangs and growling.

#22 2010-05-29 21:02:44

WereWolfH

new trailer shows someone (forgot, I think Sam) gettign surrounded by wolves (werewolves)

#23 2010-06-02 01:25:44

WereWolfH

Oh man sad I'm getting pissed on how they're messing up the scripts here!!! The writing is bad for the mini episodes. I don't think I'm watching anymore. WTF

#24 2010-06-06 16:32:32

KidWerewolf36

the werewolf has glowing red eyes!!! Scary, though I wished they'd use the bigger wolves.

#25 2010-06-06 17:13:38

zockereinstein

KidWerewolf36 wrote:

the werewolf has glowing red eyes!!! Scary, though I wished they'd use the bigger wolves.

Fantastic!!! You could chop off its head to design a super cool night lamp!!

Board footer