The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-01-22 04:54:39

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Re: Guided Meditation to find your Theriotype

Well, I certainly am a character.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#27 2010-04-19 21:52:45

WerewolfLeaAnn

i beg to differ.
I help people a lot with guided meditations, and it helps.
The Websites i hang out on a lot, tend to encourage meditation. helps you get in touch with yourself more.
This is a similar meditation to what i use to help ppl with. except mine is more personal.
i work with the person though as they do this. in then end, its still on them to decide. meditation is another tool to use to help you.
i think that this is very good.

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#28 2010-04-20 01:01:58

WolfVanZandt
Website

Have you ever seen anyone hypnotized into thinking they're a chicken - that's guided meditation. All those people you helped......they're the ones that later decide - wait! I'm not an aardvark.....I'm a salamander!

If you decide on your theriotype, there's a really good chance that it's not your theriotype - the theriotype is not a decision. What you're doing is building psuedo-therians.

#29 2010-04-20 14:54:16

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

It may help them see parts of their mind, but this whole thing of people "having a vision where they see their theriotype" doesn't make much sense to me: you should be able to tell.  Also, what if you aren't a therian and don't have one?  Then what do you see?

I don't have much experience in using meditation to actually find your theriotype though, so I'm not going to try and talk much more about it...

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#30 2010-04-20 23:56:09

WolfVanZandt
Website

Actually, there's a book out called "Mind Games" which is a collection of guided meditations. In one, it guides a person through the experience of being an animal. In essence, guided meditation can "fool" a person into thinking that they're a Therian. The telling point is that a person who's discovered their therianthropy through meditation is always open to the question, "Are you sure you're a Therian, or have you just convinced yourself that you're a Therian."

I'm like you on this Sherlawk, from my experience and from the Therians I've known in real life, a Therian should be able to tell without the psychomumbojumbo. I didn't find my theriotype; it impressed itself on my quite forcefully.

#31 2010-07-21 12:54:09

Edwin'sCorner

I actually see more of an adam and jamie from mythbusters theme between you two.

BTW i love how you two guys kind of keep everyone straight on all their stuff on these forums. It's pretty cool knowing there are at least two people here you can trust with what they say and that they know what they are talking about. I'm not used to the idea and full concept behind therianthropy, that is kind of new to me. but the being a therian but not knowing what it was i was has been for years and years. But now there is something to call what I am, Something to learn about, Something to study and dig into. So trust me when I say I trust You WVZ and Sherlawk with your opinions.
You sound like great people.

"The stars in the night they lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you" - "Gunslinger" Avenged Sevenfold

#32 2010-07-21 13:19:29

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

meditation..... i have read about this a lot. i dont really get it but, i can see well enough to know that guided meditation reminds me a lot of manipulation. i am sure there are more practical, and intelligent ways to find your theriotype (it was simple enough for me) i may need to read up more on this subject though...

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

#33 2010-07-22 22:19:24

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I like how me and VanZandt sy something against the flow of things, and everyone immediately follows to "agree wholeheartedly" with "their" "opinions".... lol...

#34 2010-07-23 00:09:01

Edwin'sCorner

haha. I tend to notice that when reading. If I disagree with something you both say. I just skip the post and go  i am pretending i never read this and I must move on with my life. But if i do agree i will say  i agree. or i will say so in my mind and continue reading

"The stars in the night they lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you" - "Gunslinger" Avenged Sevenfold

#35 2010-07-23 00:35:23

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

...What?

#36 2010-07-23 02:00:24

Edwin'sCorner

...Sorry, yeah just reread that and decided i won't ever drink a code red while posting again...I meant..I don't even know what I meant....In three hours when i might be sleeping peacefully i will remember though.. trust me

#37 2010-07-24 18:36:00

ShadowTrail

SherlawkDragon wrote:

I like how me and VanZandt sy something against the flow of things, and everyone immediately follows to "agree wholeheartedly" with "their" "opinions".... lol...

Thats because you two are wisest alphas of this proud community. And also helpfull and humble wink
But if you insist:

SherlawkDragon wrote:

What does half of this even mean?  Nothing.  Symbolism is unique to individuals, and such a heavily guided mediation to find something in the conscious world isn't going to work.  If you want to find something about yourself, like your theriotype, observe yourself in conscious life.

If i understand everything correctly, you are from Chaotic branch big_smile
Also this kind of words are bit of  strange from a person who support drug inducted shifts/*spiritual journeys*

Short note about Cratys  Guided Meditation (OP post). I just rememberd where i saw something similar before: it is a shamanistic ritual used to contact with power animal. Also its bit similiar to something i know : NLP ( Neuro-linguistic programming) .
And yes all this methods are "wishfull thinking go so mad, that  you belive they true"

Even better, when i read those Otherkin/Therian Timeline i go  on info hunt and i found one of LupaBitch old book
http://www.scribd.com/doc/17719/Shiftin … rianthropy

and it looks that Lupa not only support Guided Meditation, but have some very interesting theory about making new therians big_smile
>>>(Chapter 5: Are We Just Splitting Hairs)

#38 2010-07-25 02:05:00

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, Lupa, Rosalyn Green, and Masters and Johnson can get you a long way, Before you're through - you'll think you're a chicken.

In effect, guided meditation is the way to go if you want to turn into a Werewolf. Since it's just another term for self hypnosis, you can convince yourself of just about anything at all. Why stop at Werewolf? - why don't you simply hypnotize yourself into believing that you're Zeus, or even better - Elvis!

#39 2010-07-25 03:04:14

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

ShadowTrail wrote:

SherlawkDragon wrote:

Thats because you two are wisest alphas of this proud community. And also helpfull and humble wink

That's because too many people here are losers who feel the need to follow us as such.

SherlawkDragon wrote:

What does half of this even mean?  Nothing.  Symbolism is unique to individuals, and such a heavily guided mediation to find something in the conscious world isn't going to work.  If you want to find something about yourself, like your theriotype, observe yourself in conscious life.

If i understand everything correctly, you are from Chaotic branch big_smile
Also this kind of words are bit of  strange from a person who support drug inducted shifts/*spiritual journeys*

"Chaotic Branch" of what?  I am a member of no faction, I am merely myself, and I say what I please because I am awesome.  Anyone who doesn't read what I have to say is stupid, but there's nothing I can do about the mistakes of the lesser minded.

Even better, when i read those Otherkin/Therian Timeline i go  on info hunt and i found one of LupaBitch old book
http://www.scribd.com/doc/17719/Shiftin … rianthropy

and it looks that Lupa not only support Guided Meditation, but have some very interesting theory about making new therians big_smile
>>>(Chapter 5: Are We Just Splitting Hairs)

While I respect LupaBitch, I don't always agree with her, much like Old-Man VanZandt here.  I do believe she has a disclaimer somewhere in there that the ritual, which makes a point to be thorough, may not work all the time for finding your theriotype.  In any case, I already mentioned that I'm not well-versed in meditation, so I'm the wrong person to be discussing this with as if I have any serious authority.

#40 2010-07-25 14:12:53

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hmmm....maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he is awesome.

#41 2010-07-25 18:27:21

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Hmmm....maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he is awesome.

You're probably wrong, though I am indeed awesome.

#42 2010-07-26 00:42:13

WolfVanZandt
Website

I could be, I guess. Racoons are always awesome - I mean, they can pick locks. The only thing that would make them more awesome is if they could learn to cross a street without becoming roadkill.

#43 2010-07-26 01:13:08

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

...That's not a nice thing to say man, it really hurts to have to see them dead in the road like that.  Not cool.  Seriously, that's like me saying wolves should learn not to be hunted down from helicopters...

#44 2010-07-26 02:46:14

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

ok now thats just a cruel thing to say. both of the remarks. i do feel sorry for the racoons (and all other roadkill) and i die a little every time i see Sarah Palin alive and well (she really needs to die) can we try not to point out the more painful flaw lol and i am sure that a mod may come soon to say "topic please"

#45 2010-07-26 03:26:15

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

UlfrAndi wrote:

i die a little every time i see Sarah Palin alive and well (she really needs to die)

I love you. <3

#46 2010-07-26 03:28:42

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

topic please

#47 2010-07-26 03:31:10

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

there it is lol. and to Sherlawk thank you? lol. kk i will stay on the topic, sorry mods smile

#48 2010-07-26 03:32:48

JayJay
The Inner Beast

Meditation is crud, the therain freind i had, that moved told me about these people who weren't therains that tried that stuff, and then they were saying "Yeah, I'm a . . . a . . . a . . . No, nevermind"
I respect his opioin of "maybe to jump start a sleeping therain, but not to become", and have my own, which is that it's crud. Meditation is no way to find out if you're a therain, you find out by living you life, then asking a knowligable individual, or group about the possibility.
Sorryif i seem like a jerk, but this just isn't how it works

Let them resist, We will hunt forever
-Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger

If you look in the dictionary for the word "Monster", You'll see a photo of me

#49 2010-07-26 03:33:45

JayJay
The Inner Beast

*Sorry if i

Let them resist, We will hunt forever
-Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger

If you look in the dictionary for the word "Monster", You'll see a photo of me

#50 2010-07-26 03:36:39

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

"Edit button's right there buddy." - Scifi over Skype.

Board footer