The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-18 09:36:45

KidWerewolf36

Twilight Saga's "Eclipse" 3rd film

Okay so I read an article and they've finished filming. Or at least the cool werewolf Jacob has finished. It should be in the CG studio now. And the movie comes out in the summer!

#2 2010-01-18 09:38:18

KidWerewolf36

Re: Twilight Saga's "Eclipse" 3rd film

Forgot to ask has anyone read the book? Is there going to be any hunting by the vampires or werewolf related stuff (do werewolves in this series have to hunt and feed like most werewolves?)

#3 2010-01-19 23:22:18

WereWolfH

some little kids' supposed to be the new werewolf. REALLY? Is he supposed to be that young? Wait isn't that a contradiction? I thought they had to be a certain age to change? He looks like he's 12. His name's Boo Boo something.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#4 2010-01-22 15:50:44

The Busboy
Administrator

Any weblinks about the movie?

#5 2010-01-22 19:55:18

KidWerewolf36

Here's the wikipedia. Most of my info's been from magazines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_(2010_film)

#6 2010-01-22 20:02:46

KidWerewolf36

Okay so the redheaded villian was recast. Wowwwwww, from the sound of it, I wonder if it was a business decision to snag top actors while Summit's hot with their Twilight saga. Wow, I'm pissed b/c she really was good in the second movie, New Moon. She scared me with her looks. (that scene in the forest where she's being hunted by the werewolves and she gives that dude a look that makes him have a heart attack. Wow. When she broke it down, I don't know 10 days for a movie.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/_article_21171

#7 2010-01-22 22:00:31

alphanubilus

KidWerewolf36 wrote:

Okay so the redheaded villian was recast. Wowwwwww, from the sound of it, I wonder if it was a business decision to snag top actors while Summit's hot with their Twilight saga. Wow, I'm pissed b/c she really was good in the second movie, New Moon. She scared me with her looks. (that scene in the forest where she's being hunted by the werewolves and she gives that dude a look that makes him have a heart attack. Wow. When she broke it down, I don't know 10 days for a movie.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/_article_21171

Actors and actresses sign contracts when they are going to film a movie. These contracts usually guarantee their availablity for a project. A studio doesn't want to get hung up on a production because of a late actor or actress. I've seen triple A stars cause a few problems, but that was because the project was riding on their name. Rechelle broke her contract when she signed to do a film that would elaspe Eclipse filming schedule. You may think that 10 days isn't a long time period, but the reality is, it is a year for a filming schedule. These schedules are run EXTREMELY tightly. Just watch a few "Making Of" docus and will see that they really can't aford even one missed day. This was bad judgment on Rechelle's agent's part, as they shouldn't have scheduled anything even close to an assumed time for Eclipse filming.

There was a bit of bad blood, obviously, but you move on.

Hollywood is a business and has to be treated as thus.

On another note... I too am looking forward to Eclipse. It was and is my favorite of the book series, as it is probably the only book of the saga that has an actually developed plot.

#8 2010-01-23 12:29:53

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

It's kinda sad but the only reason I watch the Twilight movies for the comedy value... terrible character development, bad on-screen charisma, wooden script - there's just no way you can take the franchise seriously.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#9 2010-01-23 16:37:25

choondooga

ShadyHowl wrote:

It's kinda sad but the only reason I watch the Twilight movies for the comedy value... terrible character development, bad on-screen charisma, wooden script - there's just no way you can take the franchise seriously.

Utterly agreed.

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#10 2010-01-23 18:31:12

WerewolfImmortal

I'm excited about this. I have a Twilight hoodie!

#11 2010-01-24 08:15:42

Daninsky
Website

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

I'm excited about this. I have a Twilight hoodie!

Really, is that like what you put on when it's not yet time for evening wear? big_smile

I must say I'm a little miffed over the recast, Victoria (Rachelle Lefevre) was the only good reason to watch the movie.

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#12 2010-01-24 09:03:54

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

What's kind of sad is that even the lead actors in Twilight think the books suck.

#13 2010-01-24 09:41:06

Daninsky
Website

I think it says a lot about character, or rather the lack of character, if you feel the need to bash something while at same time shamelessly making money from it.
I may not share, or even respect Meyer's moral values, but I do respect the fact that she at least stands by her work, good or bad as it may be.

Last edited by Daninsky (2010-01-24 09:42:11)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#14 2010-01-24 21:33:53

WereWolfH

Daninsky wrote:

I think it says a lot about character, or rather the lack of character, if you feel the need to bash something while at same time shamelessly making money from it.
I may not share, or even respect Meyer's moral values, but I do respect the fact that she at least stands by her work, good or bad as it may be.

Yeah but most had never read the book until after they signed the contract to do the movie. I don't know if I can say the book is bad vs. saying it doesn't follow the typical formula of entertainment. It focuses on a lot of stuff that's redundant, but I'm not a girl so I'm not sure if that's how girl's think and rethink and reanalyze over and over. I know some girls that do this, that could be why Twilight was such a hit.  But you know what, that's probably reality how all of a sudden villians pop out of nowhere. It's from her perspective right? (Twilight's on cable right now by the way)
For New Moon the director cut a lot of that out or skimmed it down. I really liked how we got the idea of her being depressed by having the outside change to show she was depressed and let time go by.

#15 2010-01-25 06:39:04

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Yeah. On-screen depression for half an hour was never exactly going to break the box-office though to be fair.

No, the book does not follow the typical formula for entertainment - it breaks most literary 'rules' by, for example, incorporating an unbelievable Mary Sue character who represents Meyer, an impeccably perfect character who is overdescribed as having no flaws (Edward) and most of the other characters have no discernable personality, except for Jacob, who, as we know, likes motorcycles. She reuses the same adjectives and the same phrases to describe her irresistible characters, also a big no-no. Nothing happens for chapters on end. It's a car crash of a story. It's essentially Meyer acting out her own fantasies, and yet teenage girls lap it up despite how horribly written it is.

Not going to say anybody is stupid for liking it because people like different things. There are just a lot better vampire/werewolf books/movies out there, with real plots and believable characters, that just make the Twilight franchise pale by comparison.

#16 2010-01-25 11:29:11

WerewolfImmortal

The Twilight Series will be the top selling werewolf franchise of all time. Thanks

#17 2010-01-25 11:41:07

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Oh yeah undoubtedly, but in my opinion this does not necessarily reflect in the quality of the storytelling, just in the yearnings of the target audience.

#18 2010-01-25 12:52:27

Dinobat

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

The Twilight Series will be the top selling werewolf franchise of all time. Thanks

Proof enough that the end times are upon us.

And I actually liked the redhead girl that they had. She was one of the few things that I did like about the film.

"Sorry Colonel, I meant to shoot you. I'm not the marksman I used to be, I must be getting old."

#19 2010-01-25 13:54:31

zockereinstein

It will be funny to see how they solve the problem when Leah Clearwater turned into wolf... or doesn't she transform into werewolf? I haven't read the books, and have no intentions to do it, sorry.

#20 2010-01-25 14:47:36

Dinobat

zockereinstein wrote:

It will be funny to see how they solve the problem when Leah Clearwater turned into wolf... or doesn't she transform into werewolf? I haven't read the books, and have no intentions to do it, sorry.

-Spoilers-

Yes, Leah is a werewolf.

Last edited by Dinobat (2010-01-25 14:48:07)

"Sorry Colonel, I meant to shoot you. I'm not the marksman I used to be, I must be getting old."

#21 2010-01-25 21:54:49

choondooga

I, sadly, frighteningly, and embarrassingly, used to like Tw - tw - *gags*
Well, you know what I mean, anyway.

"Three long strides" is Jacob's preferred mode of travel, it would seem. He's always crossing the small room in "three long strides" (though if it is a small room, even a midget like me can cross it in two!), or reaching Mey - Bella in "three long strides".

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#22 2010-01-26 06:22:34

Dinobat

#23 2010-01-26 06:33:39

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

choondooga wrote:

"Three long strides" is Jacob's preferred mode of travel, it would seem. He's always crossing the small room in "three long strides" (though if it is a small room, even a midget like me can cross it in two!), or reaching Mey - Bella in "three long strides".

lol That's really funny. It's totally illustrative of Meyer's writing style though. The same phrases and adjectives repeatedly used to describe the same characters. Presents an amusingly skewed portrait of them.

#24 2010-02-07 02:58:42

sheridan

I didn't read the book actually, but my girlfriend did and said I'll like the movie 'cause there will be more werewolves in it than in 'New Moon'... guess we'll see smile

"When the moon is round and full
Gonna teach you tricks that'll blow your mongrel mind"

#25 2010-02-12 06:20:46

WereWolfH

sheridan wrote:

I didn't read the book actually, but my girlfriend did and said I'll like the movie 'cause there will be more werewolves in it than in 'New Moon'... guess we'll see smile

me either. See, I'm wondering if I should though, b/c I was soooooo confused in Twilight and the people I went to see New Moon wiht were confused. (that one I read the book first). I just hate the repetition part. Is that how some girls' minds work? Analyzing reanalyzing over and over again? What made me like the second movie was that they cut all of that out, or they'd show repition in a fast way (where she sat in the chair and the settings changed around her to show she was in a stupor)

New Moon I forgot to add onto Busboy's comment does come out on March 20th in the USA but make sure you know there are one disc, 2 disc, and I think a 3 disc version at Target! before buying.

Last edited by WereWolfH (2010-02-12 06:21:51)

Board footer